Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics (17858 Views)

Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics / CBN To Banks: Sell Forex To BDCs - Nairametrics / Possible Mergers & Takeovers That Can Save Troubled Nigerian Banks-Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by eneanya2: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2015
When President Buhari was announced winner of the 2015 Presidential Elections on March 31, 2015, the All Share Index recorded what is now known as a “Bull-Hari” effect. It recorded about 10 straight day of gains as investors basked in the excitement of a peaceful election and surprising acceptance of defeat by President Goodluck Jonathan. On the day the result was announced the marked gained a whopping 8.3% and followed that with another 3.9% gain.

Turn for the worse

Since then the stock market has recorded months of volatility as investors continue to be kept in the dark about the economic policies of the government. Investors both local and international have basically given up on the economy fleeing Nigerian stocks. The fall in oil prices, continued dithering by the CBN on its forex policies, corruption allegations against past governments, bankrupt states, drop in GDP and rising unemployment have all contributed to the negative outlook placed on the Nigerian economy thus damaging investor sentiments further.

Resultant effect

This has now resulted in a massive loss of value for the exchange. As at August 26th Nigerian Stocks have lost a massive N2.46 trillion in value since President Buhari was announced winner. From a market capitalisation of N12.13 trillion on the second of April 2015, it closed at N9.67 trillion Wednesday August 26th 2015.

Sure, the president only assumed power May 29, 2015 but we believe the GEJ Government basically turned lame duck since then. Even at that the stock market has lost N1.89 trillion since May 29. It has not climbed above N11.6 trillion since May 28, 2015.

No end in sight?

No one knows how soon things will reverse or how worse this could get in the coming months. For now the market is in dire need of an economic direction from the government. Despite the macro economic downturn being experienced around the world, a firm course of action from this Government will at least provide a soft landing for the market to bottom out.

http://nairametrics.com/nigerian-stock-market-has-lost-n2-5-trillion-since-buhari-won-election/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by vickoozy(m): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
No need to panic, booohari body's language will sort it out........Meanwhile I dedicate this FTC to my able Gov. Barr Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, to my enemies for being alive to watch me prosper and to my new nurse girl friend, I can't forget the Mouth Gig she gave to me the last time we were together......to all my ex girlfriends I still hv y'all on my blow list... grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Happiness87(f): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2015
passingshot, dre11, and goke7 come and blindly defend your boss as usual

when liar mohammed says stand, you stand,

sit! you sit,

e go better!! , you smile

listen here, nobody will invest money where there are no economic policies,

before you were saying its because gej didn't submit handover notes on time, 3months has passed, yet nothing.

let the truth be known buhari have not seen corrupt free APC loyalist to appoint, he will only end up appointing still corrupt politicians

better tell your boss that probes are not alternatives to governance

bishop kukah Was right, no be probes we go chop
hahaha

#buhariphobia #APCpropaganda Dangote lost 140bn yesterday only as buhari's body language probes Stock market

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Realdeals(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2015
If I may ask, whose money abi na fund?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by PassingShot(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2015
China, USA and other major powers are experiencing this same issue.

This is partly what GEJ bestowed on us. It will get better by the passage of time.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by erunz(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2015
THIS IS PART OF THE CHANGE SOME PEOPLE VOTED FOR. NIGERIA IS ON AUTO REVERSE WITH FULL SPEED

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by EdCure: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2015
PassingShot:
China, USA and other major powers are experiencing this same issue.
This is partly what GEJ bestowed on us. It will get better by the passage of time.
The Wailers have no knowledge of international politics and global trends.

I hope things get better.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by PassingShot(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2015
EdCure:

The Wailers have not knowledge of international politics and global trends.

We just have to hope and I am confident they will get better.

The ignorance on this forum is unimaginable!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:01am On Aug 27, 2015
The government on auto-pilot is better than the one in reverse gear controlled by the blind.

President Buhari left the country without a blueprint and policy directives for 3 months thereby necessitating the unimaginable degree of uncertainty in Nigerian Stock market.

Oando shares is now valued at N9.9 per share.

This is worst period to invest in Nigeria. All foreign direct investments are on hold waiting when Buhari will stop propaganda and start the business of governance.

Until then, Nigeria economy will continue to be on hold as Jeda committee's recommendations "of destroying everything in a bid to erase any imaginable legacy of Jonathan's administration" are being implemented.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2015
Economics aside... The security situation is getting even worse with Boko Haram now sending members to join their new comrades in ISIS in Libya.

If Bokos are getting defeated back home, how come they can afford to deploy their troops to another far and removed theatre?

Nothing changed.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by eagleeye2: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2015
Lalasticlala, come see news ohh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by eneanya2: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2015
There are some basic little things our president need to know that are been over looked. its beyond the noise making and the so called pursuit for cleasing the nation. PMB need to look at the cause and effects of some of his policies and steps he takes. There is alot of uncertainty in the economy and these affects investments as well as our economy.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by front247: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2015
D insensitivity of buhari is too much

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by asha80(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The government on auto-pilot is better than the one in reverse gear controlled by the blind.

President Buhari left the country without a blueprint and policy directives for 3 months thereby necessitating the unimaginable degree of uncertainty in Nigerian Stock market.

Oando shares is now valued at N9.9 per share.

This is worst period to invest in Nigeria. All foreign direct investments are on hold waiting when Buhari will stop propaganda and start the business of governance.

Until then, Nigeria economy will continue to be on hold as Jeda committee's recommendations "of destroying everything in a bid to erase any imaginable legacy of Jonathan's administration" are being implemented.
actually there is a saying that it is when stocks plummet that wise investors buy stocks...that oando is 9 naira now should necessitate shrewd investors to buy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2015
Great

Meanwhile in China, on August 24th, the Shanghai main share index lost another 8.49%. As a result, billions of pounds were lost on international stock markets with some international commentators labeling the day 2015 Black Monday.There were similar losses on Tuesday, leaving the market up 38% for the year as of August 27, 2015.(Wikipedia)

This is a global issue not Buhari-influenced action..nairametrics sef shocked

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by jamalsky: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2015
Wow,definitely all will be well soon,just normal for a change in government,the market will stabilize soon because clearly we are moving in the right direction as a country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by pauloookay(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2015
It all about Change
See the hideout of match making celebrities http://oyiom.com/app/register.php
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by menesheh(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2015
Buharism, a form of government invented by one Nigerian former President and present president of Nigeria characterized by clueless and selfish evaluation of the economic situation of a country to decide what's next, whether or not it is compatible with world practices or against such economy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by ahckmedkosy(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
For some blatant fool-headed loyalists blabbing abt their prowess in international stock market n policies, I see that their grey matters have been turned to green matters.. the failure of the present govt to generate economic policies and appoint ministers is the sole reason we r losing in the stock market. The fall of oil price is the only thing that is attributable to the international economic situation. Pls people shud grow up n stop blind "Disciplesheep"

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by darlenese(f): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
That is Change !

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Best time to invest in stock because of cheap shares from people who are selling only to sell it when the stock exchange start experiencing boom but with this government I doubt if stocks will ever rise. Auto pilot mode

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Richie0974: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015

oops...
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by bqlekan(m): 11:27am On Aug 27, 2015
Okay.. is this good news or bad news.. someone should explain what stock is angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by eneanya2: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2015
Before buying Oando shares, remember that the oil prices are down and alot of oil companies are closing up or sacking their workers. eg Afren Energy.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by phrezzz: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
Check my signature
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by yinka2011: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
yep its true. here is the NSE chart for the past 3 months.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by Rexceedo: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
bringBackGej!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by yinka2011: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
its gone from 35 to 28 in 3 months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by koboko69: 11:28am On Aug 27, 2015
EdCure:

The Wailers have no knowledge of international politics and global trends.

No point educatiing them. Let them wail on the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics by yinka2011: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2015
and the main reason is crude oil prices not gej or pmb. so pls stop politicizing the issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today’s Game: Bankers For Baba Ijebu ​ / NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now / Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.