Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) (50156 Views)

3 Arrested For Raping And Having Two Rounds Of Sex Each With A 14 Yr Old girl / India Arrests Nigerian With Ingested Cocaine (Photo, Video) / Nigerian Arrested At KIA For Swallowing Cocaine (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by ceometromedia: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-2wL3Fvmy6OE/Vd69dNHde7I/AAAAAAACKUs/jE_QEAodHd0/s640/drug-barons.jpg[/img]
Three suspected drug traffickers have been nabbed at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos State,after swallowing 233 wraps of powdery substances that tested positive for cocaine with a weight of 5.05 kilogrammes.

According to the Nigerian Tribune, the suspects were apprehended during an outward screening of passengers by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)

Two of the suspects, Obiekwe Frank Chuma and Okoye Jacob Okwuchukwu, were going to Hong Kong while Chukwunyere Prince Emmanuel was caught on his way to Italy.

Obiekwe Frank Chuma, who said that he used to be a textile merchant before he suffered financial setback, declared:

“I lost my father when I was at Merchant of Light Secondary School between 1983 and 1988. I was given admission at Edo State University but dropped out in 300 level due to lack of sponsorship.

"In 1997, I came to Lagos and started textile business. Later, I began to buy my goods from Czech Republic and Hong Kong before my business suffered setback. In the process of looking for assistance, I was introduced into drug trafficking. I was given the drug in a restaurant in Onitsha and they promised to pay me $10,000. It took me eight hours to swallow the drugs but I was arrested at the airport.”

Okoye Jacobs Okuchukwu said that he met his sponsor at a wedding ceremony.

“I have a Diploma in Computer Science at the Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Enugu. I used to import textiles from Dubai and Hong Kong. My business was flourishing and I have travelled to Hong Kong over 15 times. I later had problem that took my capital and I was stranded. That was what led me into drug trafficking.

"I was forced to swallow drugs for many hours in order to continue with my textile business. They promised to pay me over one million naira.”

Chukwunyere Prince Emmanuel said that he smuggled drugs to settle his bills.

“I am a businessman. I supply teaching materials. Armed robbers attacked me and I lost one of my eyes in the process. As I speak, I owe over N15 million. I am unable to pay my rent, my children’s school fees and even feeding. I have no rest of mind because my creditors are on my neck daily. This is my first time of trafficking drugs and I was promised 4,000 euros.”

NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, who gave a breakdown of the seized drugs, declared;

“Obiekwe Frank Chuma, 47 years old, ingested 80 wraps weighing 1.930 kilogrammes during screening of Emirates passengers; Okoye Jacob Okwuchukwu, 43 years old, was found to have ingested 70 wraps weighing 1.515 kilogrammes during screening of passengers on an Etihad flight while Chukwunyere Prince Emmanuel, 39 years old, ingested 83 wraps weighing 1.605 kilogrammes.
"Emmanuel was going to Bologna in Italy through Frankfurt on Lufthansa. They have voluntarily recorded their statements and our investigators are working on their cases.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-3-arrested-at-lagos-airport-for.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2015
I pity the blind one that was promised 4,000 euros (1m+).

you ppl read news daily, you watch and read how others were been caught but still yet you risk your lifes on deals that can't take you out of poverty.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by DEXTROVERT: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2015
Just here to check sth....*SURNAMES

If u aren't surprised like me, Click LIKE But if u are dazed Click SHARES

God bless Legit HUSTLINGS

249 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by dapsoneh: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2015
K

2 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by eluquenson(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2015
Human being are born to be stubborn and Nigerians are the most stubborn people on earth tongue

Igbo kwenu grin i doff my hat for you guys joor

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2015
"Two of the suspects, Obiekwe Frank Chuma and Okoye Jacob Okwuchukwu, were going to Hong Kong while Chukwunyere Prince Emmanuel was caught on his way to Italy".

Igbo Kwenu.............yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

Chaka Khan - Through the fire song comes to mind...

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2015
nawao

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by nikkiking(m): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2015
To this clan...... Drugs is like butter and bread shocked shocked tongue.

To them is the only way out sad.

47 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by kestolove95(m): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2015
I dint bother checking dia names...anytin dat has to do with drug,robbery and rituals..its only one group of people dat are capabl of dat...d ibos...dix are d cursed erosion people of nigeria...as a politician, if u want to win don't allw dem support u o...dey ar badluck..goodluck will tell u more

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by sherrylo: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2015
Not surprised

23 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by kestolove95(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Am still waiting to hear sumtin positiv from dix ibo people...haba wich kind people bdix?..

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by powerfulsettingz: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2015
thier moniker said it all........ South East can be funny

35 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Bobbystanley(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Instead of Stealing,Brothers u hustle in a hard way.
Thats the situation of the Country we find Ourselves.

After Graduation, no employement.
You are better than those who embezzle public funds and walk around freely.
Who watches his family die of hunger when there's a chance of making it illegally without killing or Stealing.

We are Igbos and are Proud of who we are.
When Biafra is realised, Our Joy will know no bound.

Nwoke ga akpata Ego!
Ego bu nma nwoke!

26 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by mrborntodoit: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2015
Food don land for kestolove95

I'm sure she is an illiterate whose life is in total ruin

21 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Bobbystanley(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2015
nikkiking:
To this clan...... Drugs is like butter and bread shocked shocked tongue.

To them is the only way out sad.

Yes.. They hustle to make money without Stealing from others.

Even at 35 u are on Nairaland by this time on a working day ..

You need Jesus

25 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by thamees: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Front page please cc lalasticlala, let's people aware if you get involved in drug smuggling you will surely get caught, perhaps the crime will reduce. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Richie0974: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2015
If its not drugs... It will be internet scam, if its not that it will be the latest discovery... . Ivory sales.....

12 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by lekjons(m): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2015
idowuswap:
IGBOS PEOPLE WITH BAD LUCK EVERYWHERE. Thas why them plenty 4 prison like flies no dey wey police no. Dey kill. Igbos as robber for lagos,now they don catch them again ok oooooooo make them. Open prison door 4 them na their house,their granpa they there na their work so is not new to igbo tribeeeeeee
c'mon tribalist, all those that av been caught since, are they all igbos?! c'mon lets stop this.
N.B. am Yoruba

26 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by trigar12(m): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2015
By their names you shall know them, cheesy grin

They ve been disgracing Nigeria since 100BC tongue

No insult intended
lipsrsealed

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Ephemmm: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Two of the suspects, Obiekwe Frank Chuma and Okoye Jacob Okwuchukwu, were going to Hong Kong while Chukwunyere Prince Emmanuel was caught on his way to Italy

Hardworking people tongue tongue tongue

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by darlenese(f): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Nna na wah for una oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by free2ryhme: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
All these ibo guys no dey tire.

Must they keep given SOUTH East bad names

Guy bless the true easterners who hustle rightly

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by free2ryhme: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
sad

These bad eggs must be uprooted from our society
Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by pauloookay(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
-u
Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by LMAyedun(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
So much stories after crime!

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by OmichaelO: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
Just here to check sth....*SURNAMES If u aren't surprised like me, Clike LIKE But if u are dazed Clike SHARES God bless Legit HUSTINGS
Tribalist

1 Like

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by adesegun121(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Omo ibo... Drug dealer No be work oooo

ibo people disgracing Nigeria since 1960 bc

Awon oloju kokoro...

If no b drug dealer.. E go be kidnapping if no b kidnapping he go be robbery, if no b robbery e go be prostitution if no b prostitiution e go b scam..

Haaaaa haaaaaa
ibo shey eyin nikan ni

eyin omo ale jati jati yi

buhari oko iya yi ti dee bayi...

Eni boni bee

oyaa buhari send dem to jail straight...

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by viqueta(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2015
I perceive a tribal war will soon break out here....waiting for who will draw the first blood.....lol

4 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2015
all na hustle till you get caught.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by Ephemmm: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2015
LMAyedun:
Wetin do that middle guy for him right eye nau... abi na beating wey dem give am??

“I am a businessman. I supply teaching materials. Armed robbers attacked me and I lost one of my eyes in the process. As I speak, I owe over N15 million..."

Read una no go read: na just to dey rush go comment all in the name of hitting the front page tongue tongue tongue

6 Likes

Re: 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) by SUBWAY101(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Yeebhoe Kwenu. cheesy cheesy cheesy Very hardworking people.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Who Masterminded The Torture Of Lady Over Missing Phone, Arrested. Photos / Police Alert On ‘sextortion’ Via Dating Platforms, Urge Fun Seeker To Be Careful / Nigerian Army Dismisses Soldier Who Raped A Girl In Front Of Her Parents In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.