Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. (1894 Views)

5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! / Health Risk Of Snoring And How To Stop Snoring / How Can She Stop Snoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Jackossky(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Snoring, the hoarse and often harsh sound the you How to Stop Snoring Naturally
Snoring, the hoarse and often harsh sound the you make if your breathing becomes obstructed during sleep, can be just plain awful! Not only can it disrupt others, but it can also cause you to feel sleepy and fatigued during the day. You may also suffer from a lack of concentration, high blood pressure, sore throat and chest pain. Snoring can have a number of different causes, including anatomical and structural abnormalities, alcohol use, obesity, allergies, upper respiratory infections (URIs) and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).

[1] While some serious conditions that cause snoring (like sleep apnea) can require medical intervention, mild cases of snoring can often be cured by adjusting your sleeping patterns and strategies and making some lifestyle changes.

Method One of Three:
Changing Your Sleep Habits

Have a routine sleep schedule. For some people, snoring is the result of a frequently-changing or irregular sleep schedule. Working very long hours before sleeping, skipping a night's rest, or failing to sleep enough over long periods of time can leave the body extremely fatigued. When the body does get a chance to sleep, it "crashes", sleeping especially long and hard. During this intense sleep, the muscles at the back of the throat relax more than they normally would, which makes snoring more likely.
[2]
To avoid this state, try to get a full night's sleep starting at about the same time every night. Though everyone's sleep needs are different, most adults do best with about seven to nine hours of sleep.[3] Children and teens usually require somewhat more.
Wait until bedtime to sleep. Naps are a great way to recharge your batteries when you have a stable sleep schedule, but they are counter-productive when trying to change sleeping habits. Do not nap at all during the day so that you can fall asleep at the appropriate time later.
Avoid stimulation before bed. Use the bed only for sleep and sexual activity. Do not watch TV or look at your phone. About an hour before bed, turn off all of your electronics and dim the lights of your phone and computer. Doctors note that our eyes are sensitive to the bluish light emitted by electronic screens.
Avoid stimulants after mid-day. Depending on the size of your body, the amount you ingest, and your general health, the effects of caffeine can remain active in your body for up to 5 to 10 hours after initial consumption. Avoid coffee and caffeinated teas and sodas
Avoid eating within three hours of going to bed.
Avoid alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant, which means it slows down your body. While this will help you fall asleep, alcohol also slows down your metabolism and interferes with your brain during its sleep cycles. You're likely to wake up more often if you've consumed alcohol before going to sleep
.[6]
Avoid heavy exercise one to two hours before bed. Doctors advise that you avoid a heavy cardio workout a few hours before you plan to go to bed; this can unsettle your circadian rhythm and make your sleep less restful. That said, light stretching and exercising, such as an evening walk, are probably useful in getting you ready to go sleep
.[7]
Practice breathing techniques before bed. This can help you relax before bed and also set proper and functional breathing in motion even before you hit the hay. Here are two different exercises to try:
[8]
Deep breathing - Put your hands (palm down) on your stomach, right below the rib cage. Place the fingers of your hands together. Take a long, slow deep breath by expanding your belly. This ensures that you are using your diaphragm to breathe rather than your rib cage. The diaphragm creates suction that pulls more air into your lungs than can be achieved by expanding the rib cage. Your fingers should separate as they lie on your belly. Exhale and then repeat. Do this whenever you are short of breath or as often as you can. At first, you may feel a bit dizzy because you are getting more oxygen than you are used to!
Humming breath - As you exhale a breath, make a humming sound.
Add urs
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
I hate guys who snore!!! its irritating to me. only my dad and grandpa has the right to snore near me.
thanks for this nice piece smiley
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Daluuzor(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
thanks a bunch
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by ayatt(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
oya were are d snoarers..d poster above me. girls too snoar na
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pray Baba Sikiru reads this ! ... God willing it will work for him cos d man's room they directly opposite my window and the beginning af his sleep terminates mine! ... Sleepless nights makes my mornings useless and tz affecting me o jare!
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Jackossky(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I hate guys who snore!!! its irritating to me.
only my dad and grandpa has the right to snore near me.

thanks for this nice piece smiley
No thanksthanks grin
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Jackossky(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Pray Baba Sikiru reads this ! ... God willing it will work for him cos d man's room they directly opposite my window and the beginning af his sleep terminates mine! ... Sleepless nights makes my mornings useless and tz affecting me o jare!

Lol...baba sikiru...I also had one baba sikira that always keeps me awake with his internal drumdrum shocked
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jackossky:

Lol...baba sikiru...I also had one baba sikira that always keeps me awake with his internal drumdrum shocked

shocked! What a coincidence!!!
Are you in good terms with Sikira ?
We can just hook Sikiru and Sikira .... Lol, you grab?
Re: 10 Ways On How To Stop Snoring Nauturally. by Jackossky(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

shocked! What a coincidence!!!
Are you in good terms with Sikira ?
We can just hook Sikiru and Sikira .... Lol, you grab?

Yep gentleman good terms

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Please A Help A Brother,am Dying Of HAEMMORRHOID!!! / Impressive Uses Of Coconut Oil / Help With Luth's Address And Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.