Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life (39234 Views)

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by DSB(m): 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:
Organized religion is one of the major causes of the increase in crime rate .

Deeper Life is a major culprit. They encourage their workers to quit their jobs so that they can 'serve god' more. After doing this, they start living in poverty, become desperate and turn to crime.

I was born and bred deeper life. I know first-hand what goes on there. They are very hypocritical. They encourage their members to breed like rats.

How can you encourage jobless men to have 8 kids. I remember one member was arrested for stealing pigs to feed his large family. He was unemployed like the rest.

what of the brothers that were warned to quit their jobs because they missed workers meeting? The stupid one who complied are still looking for jobs today.

Don't let me start with deeper life today.

Organized religion is the major culprit for crime.

I feel your point. I was in your shoes too. Deeper life is very dogmatic in their teaching. In their mind, they are the only christian going to heaven. smh. Marriage committee parols is another pot of scams. May God help us
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Julius2214(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Deeper Life is a major culprit. They encourage their workers to quit their jobs so that they can 'serve god' more. After doing this, they start living in poverty, become desperate and turn to crime.

I was born and bred deeper life. I know first-hand what goes on there. They are very hypocritical. They encourage their members to breed like rats.

How can you encourage jobless men to have 8 kids. I remember one member was arrested for stealing pigs to feed his large family. He was unemployed like the rest.

what of the brothers that were warned to quit their jobs because they missed workers meeting? The stupid one who complied are still looking for jobs today.

Olosi... Ole.... Oniro.... onisokiso
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Ishilove: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
Adesiji77:
Na today? undecided
E don Tey wey nyash get centre parting grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
sichri:
you are talking trash. I know a lot of Deeper Life Members who are doing well. You left probably because they tell you the hard truth.
Well nailed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
scholes0:
No, the only people putting Lagos and it's people under siege, are you silly religious nut-heads popping up churches on every single street and alley, blasting some silly doctrine on speakers to the displeasure of sane minded people ..... undecided

Not only that, Telling people that There's is the best, tat if u don't believe in them u will go to hell, WTF

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Please ignore those hypocrites and worshippers of MAN, I was a worker and member for so many years and can say quite emphatically it was a waste of my time.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by olamisegbe(m): 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

I was born and bred in deeper life. my family was a foundation member. i can tell you too many stories.
like seriously? Looking @ your picture, you don't look like u bred there. You born but u neva had the 2nd birth. By His grace I was bred there and am still loving it. You obviously a confused fellow or you have issues with the church. God save ur soul.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Ishilove: 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Oh dear... sad

I don't quite agree with you sad embarassed
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by bigerboy200: 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

u may have ur reservations about Deeper Life,but u just didn't need to paint dem in such a bad light..Good people,wealthy people are in their church,just as poor people are also everywhere across all denominations and religion....just saying

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristen12(f): 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:
haha, see how so called 'holier than thou ' deeperlifers are abusing raayah simply because she told them the truth. Their loyalty is to Kumuiyi and his church.

Besides, why are they not going to Borno or Yobe states to hold crusades , after all for every death in Lagos there are a hundred more in these places , or do their lives not matter because they are muslims ? Hypocrites !!

I was also a worker in deeperlife and thank God I left , it is an embodiment of hypocrites and judgemental critics of all others.

It's better you left, I'm not sure they need people like you. I'm sure the name deeperlife or Kumuyi pushes you to the verge of committing sucide.

The only thing you know how to do is to criticize. What have you ever done to help mankind in your own little way?
MTCHEWW

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by adenitemi: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:
haha, see how so called 'holier than thou ' deeperlifers are abusing raayah simply because she told them the truth. Their loyalty is to Kumuiyi and his church.

Besides, why are they not going to Borno or Yobe states to hold crusades , after all for every death in Lagos there are a hundred more in these places , or do their lives not matter because they are muslims ? Hypocrites !!

I was also a worker in deeperlife and thank God I left , it is an embodiment of hypocrites and judgemental critics of all others.

I knew you'd be drawn to this. I have quietly read all your claims against Deeper Life on here for years...and makes me wonder if I grew up in a different DL.

And for your information, the Pastor held a crusade in Adamawa recently. I know that won't satisfy you sha.

Continue in the path you've chosen. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by DSB(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
pfijacobs:
Chairman... STFU.... Deeperlife was never in anybodys backyard... From akoka to oyingbo to gbagada den ayobo... Nobodys backyard... Ur parents contributed to wah?? Ote... I was also born a deeperlifer... Son of a former national overseer in belarus.. D church does not encourage wat u say... No go talk rubbish now make we hia say tanke burn d bus wey u enter tomao o... I don talk my own

HA...son of overseer too dey talk STFU? lol

It is none of my business though *sipping my green tea*

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristonium(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Is it the same Deeper Life I grew up for more than 15yrs u just described or another? why do we misrepresent information on social media? Which church will encourage their members to breed like rats in 21st century? Which church will encourage workers to quit their job cos of workers meeting? Haba! Must you go this length? What do u really hope to achieve by this attack on Deeper Life ? Even though I left there 15yrs ago I'm still in touch and I can say all you wrote here are lies!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
kristen12:

It's better you left, I'm not sure they need people like you. I'm sure the name deeperlife or Kumuyi pushes you to the verge of committing sucide.

The only thing you know how to do is to criticize. What have you ever done to help mankind in your own little way?
MTCHEWW

What is new ? grin

I know the DNA of deeperlife, they are proud because they are 'holy' and will make heaven not because of their love for ALL Men, they are quick to abuse and curse anyone who dares to question their Kumuyi idol even when Jesus himself did not curse back or ask his followers to use wicked words.

Yes, I had to get involved after you and your so called brethren ganged up on that poor girl.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by streetzdreamz(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:

She speaks the truth, I know it hurts to expose that cult called deeperlife with their arrogance and holiness pride which has nothing at all to do with the true gospel of Christ.
indulge me the truth in her words,since you were once a choir and u left,u should have a deep view of d church,do speak up about ur views and how their doctrines negates the bible as a whole.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by oluwaisaac(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

......You are very shallow and myopic in your view. You can't generalise based on an isolated case. I don't think responsible men like Pastor Adeboye would talk so carelessly about Deeper Life, not to talk of a no body like you. Get a life....and allow others live theirs!!
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by akosh005: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Borno state nko Wat a country called Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
DSB:

HA...son of overseer too dey talk STFU? lol

It is none of my business though *sipping my green tea*

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
kristonium:

Is it the same Deeper Life I grew up for more than 15yrs u just described or another? why do we misrepresent information on social media? Which church will members to breed like rats in 21st century? Which church will encourage workers to quit their job cos of workers meeting? Haba! Must you go this length? What do u really hope to achieve by this attack on Deeper Life ? Even though I left there 15yrs ago I'm still in touch and I can say all you wrote here are lies!

Not too fast. Many workers were advised against working on Sundays even though it affected their shift pattern, I know this first hand - so she is right.

A church that wants to control the personal lives of it's members is a cult.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristen12(f): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:

What is new ? grin

I know the DNA of deeperlife, they are proud because they are 'holy' and will make heaven not because of their love for ALL Men, they are quick to abuse and curse anyone who dares to question their Kumuyi idol even when Jesus himself did not curse back or ask his followers to use wicked words.

Yes, I had to get involved after you and your so called brethren ganged up on that poor girl.

@the bolded, it's not deeperlife members alone that behave that way, most members of pentecostal churches behave that way. I'll take it as if you don't know what you're saying.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by DSB(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
kristonium:

Is it the same Deeper Life I grew up for more than 15yrs u just described or another? why do we misrepresent information on social media? Which church will members to breed like rats in 21st century? Which church will encourage workers to quit their job cos of workers meeting? Haba! Must you go this length? What do u really hope to achieve by this attack on Deeper Life ? Even though I left there 15yrs ago I'm still in touch and I can say all you wrote here are lies!

I understand that Rawah may have exaggerated, but as someone who spent over 20 yrs there, I can see some of Rawah's claims being true. It is just wrong for her to generalize.

Hypocrisy is one major problem I would point out in Deeper Life. Another thing is the act of judging people. However, I do not not regret growing up there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by mildflame: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

I want u 2start with DL, because I am what U may call "omo GBAGADA". My coordinator (local Pastor) always encouraged us 2read any book and even set standard for us 2achieve academically. I can proudly boast that most youths then of Festac Water Works/ 6th AVE district are doing well in their daily endeavours n not 1 is a CRIMINAL.
But when FRUSTRATED SCUMBAG like U try to GENERALISE irrelevant issues you only make urself more STUPID than ur FALLACIOUS comments
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by christinie(f): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

please don't fight the Church of Christ. Thanks.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristen12(f): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:

Not too fast. Many workers were advised against working on Sundays even though it affected their shift pattern, I know this first hand - so she is right.

A church that wants to control the personal lives of it's members is a cult.
You are a liar, where are your facts please.

You better be saved and stay saved.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
DSB:

I feel your point. I was in your shoes too. Deeper life is very dogmatic in their teaching. In their mind, they are the only christian going to heaven. smh. Marriage committee parols is another pot of scams. May God help us
If you could not scale through marriage committee hurdle, don't brand it a scam. Others have been blessed through the marriage committee.

You agree with her that Deeper Life encourages laziness? It simply means you know very little or nothing about Deeper Life Christian Ministry.

I agree with you that Deeper Life is dogmatic but even Christ Himself was seen as such that was why one of the apostles said 'this is a hard saying, who can hear this?' after one of Christ's Sermons.

Today, many people want the easy doctrine so that they are not seen as being dogmatic and they would attract many members. Peter said when you were a child, you were fed with milk, now that you are matured, you need bone. Many people today believe in being fed with milk forever. What do you think was the reason Christ said 'Narrow is the way and strait is the gate'.

Be careful with where you are offered excessive freedom.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by lastpage: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
olokfor:
According to the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Lagos State is under siege and needs urgent divine intervention.

The high rate of robbery, cultism, drug abuse and corruption, among other ills, could have totally destroyed the state but for God’s grace, the ministry said.

Fasanmi said the alarming rate of crime in the state necessitated the crusade, adding that despite the change mantra of the present administration, real change remained elusive to the people of Lagos State.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/lagos-state-is-under-siege-deeper-life.html

cc: lalasticlala

The Church IS a MAJOR PART of the PROBLEM!
When members bring-in questionable money
and start to do "Thanks-giving" and "Testimony", does the CHURCH OF TODAY reject such blood money or as "Everybody to shout Halelluyah"?

When[b] the Church glorifies the rich, by putting special chairs UPFRONT for them[/b], making the poor feel "INCOMPLETE" and thus put them under pressure to "make it at all cost", the church is part of the get rich quick mentality that feasts on crime

When the Church keeps asking for MORE MONEY like Oliver Twist, in the forms of Offering, Special offering, Tithe, Development levy and many sundry "financial tasking" on the poor people, thereby fleecing them of their hard earned income, it is encouraging crime.

Finally, when the "Church Leader" displays so much wealth, buying Aeroplanes, Limousines and leads an ostentatious life-style, while telling the awe-struck members that "My Gawd is not a poor Gawd", to justify their expensive lifestyle, the impression the church creates in the mind of the "weak members" is that if you dont have loads of money, then you are not serving God (as against the austere lifestyle of Jesus himself) thus, putting pressure of their members.

Once the Church leaders are able to address these problems, me thinks they will be in a better position to "advice, admonish and intercede' on behalf of Lagosians and Nigerians in general.

Till then, ....make l nor hear-am!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
But at the end of the day, religion is a choice and not a must for everyone.
raayah:

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
bulldoza:
Time wasters

I never take that JOKE religion seriously.
I pray life ll take u seriously ooo.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Chykeboss(m): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
a proud deeper lifer, having spend almost 18 yrs in the church I can boldly say wat rayaah said doesn't corelate with the teaching of d church, and for wat u said 'breeding like rat' I don't think av ever come across such teaching , d deeper life I know teaches women in their women meeting family planning and encourages them to engage in works so as to help in catering for d family as well..blatant lie just to deface d beautiful name of d church in public

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by engrshakespeare: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
barbwire2:
If u really believe lagos needs devine intervention abeg like if not share

U know commenting is not by force especially when all u have to say is trash.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

You don't sound Deeper Life in any way. You don't even know what you are talking about.

I grew up in Deeper Life and still worship there until today. I have never regretted it.

My father is a pastor in Deeper Life and still does his work. He is doing very well, has estates for rent and sponsored us successfully through medical school.

You don't know anything about Deeper Life. Perhaps you hate hard truth they preach.

Learn to speak about only what you know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump / David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage / Church Members Storm Watchnight Service With Cutlasses For ‘Battle’. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.