Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782803 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 3:03am On Nov 12, 2015
slimmy05:
Transfer the money for my account make I help you use am buy money order post am for you
wink
Alright Bro thanks. How much is the maximum you can cash using money order. And do you have wells fargo bank around you ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ejirostephen(m): 7:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Anyone here going to Louisiana for fall of 2016? or knows anyone who is already in any of the schools in Louisiana? Just wanna rub minds on certain features to make a soft landing.

Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mcaylife(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2015
ejirostephen:
Anyone here going to Louisiana for fall of 2016? or knows anyone who is already in any of the schools in Louisiana? Just wanna rub minds on certain features to make a soft landing.

Thanks all.
I would be traveling to Louisiana next year but not for schooling and my wife finished from southeastern Louisiana university. what is it u want to talk about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
set you a pm
BloodyMitch:
Go to firstbank but make sure u ve ur withdrawal slip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Adekita123(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi all.
Please is there anyone here who has bought PTA from any bank recently? cuz all the banks I visited say they no longer sell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lordoftherings: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
amanze15:
nwanna sio ni igbo grin

nwanne mmadu ke nke ne me grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by scriptwriter19: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
my guy na ghost.....lol, hardly ever see the dude
slimmy05:
You never wonder why I don't go to church, shades or hangout with guys. grin My brother, this school no be here o. 4 weeks to go and I get constant headache and my heart skips just cos of deadline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
scriptwriter19:
my guy na ghost.....lol, hardly ever see the dude
Hope you're enjoying yourself? I don go lost my phone o cheesy But one good Samaritan don buy me another one grin Abeg, I send you message for facebook.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
warriboy21:
ok thks
Not at all. Your uncle is into money and rich.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
@warriboy1 you have any of what's happening to valpo spring applicants application?? Since September oo bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mrbavs: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone, i'm currently working on my MBA thesis in UK, i am interested in studying a DBA shortly after in the USA, though i currently have a US tourist visa, i need information on schools that don't require a GRE or GMAT as i don't want to go through that stress. Information on PhD in Public Health without GMAT or GRE requirements will also be appreciated.

Thanks as i anticipate a quick response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 13, 2015
mrbavs:
Hello everyone, i'm currently working on my MBA thesis in UK, i am interested in studying a DBA shortly after in the USA, though i currently have a US tourist visa, i need information on schools that don't require a GRE or GMAT as i don't want to go through that stress. Information on PhD in Public Health without GMAT or GRE requirements will also be appreciated.

You never ready do PhD

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2015
mrbavs:

Oga how can u b thinking of reaching that peak without doing GRE. U don't want to go through the stress of GRE? Nothing good comes easy Bro. Its needful and will help too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2015
halidaf:
@warriboy1 you have any of what's happening to valpo spring applicants application?? Since September oo bro
What help do you need?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2015
Texas A&m Kingsville does any1 have info on that school's grad admission. ...anything on funding or any1 schooling dere at the moment that could give directions.

Also do we have any1 in FIT florida institute of teckhnology. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2015
dicapino:
Texas A&m Kingsville does any1 have info on that school's grad admission. ...anything on funding or any1 schooling dere at the moment that could give directions.

Also do we have any1 in FIT florida institute of teckhnology. thanks

Your GRE scores would most likely land you a graduate scholarship that waives half the tuition. You'll have to contact the faculty for possible RA or TA to defray remaining fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Teeboy22(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jsmile(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
I have an Uncle who is a professor at one of the college in USA, on two occasions he has given me invitation but I was rejected with the reason of not having strong ties, Am in my late 20's though. Recently I told him I wanna try student visa and he asked me to look for school myself. But what looks a challenge to me is that I graduated with second lower and a low C
CGPA of 2.6. I studied computer science but don't know much in it and wish to do so, I was hoping I could get schools or computer institutions I could go get equipped. Please I need advice on what to do please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by isi4luv: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello house!
I got my bachelor's degree in banking and finance and I tried going for my mastersbin business administration. I couldn't get a direct admission into the MBA because of my low GRE score of 282. So the school asked me to do sone prerequisites in the fall semester. Unfortunately for me my visa was denied. The VO said it doesn't nake sense that am goin for masters and my I-20 is showing bachelor's degree.. So now, I want to change my course to masters in public administration. I want to know if its okay for me to go to the embassy with another I-20 of another school with another course. Is it okay? Is it a red flag? And also, ave been wondering, is it okay for me to pursue a masters in public administration with a bachelor's degree in banking and finance. Is it related? Ave been thinkin about it? Please I need ur opinions. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olandex(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Good morning everyone, pleas i need a real site to register for SAT. Pleas help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jsmile:
I have an Uncle who is a professor at one of the college in USA, on two occasions he has given me invitation but I was rejected with the reason of not having strong ties, Am in my late 20's though. Recently I told him I wanna try student visa and he asked me to look for school myself. But what looks a challenge to me is that I graduated with second lower and a low C
CGPA of 2.6. I read computer science but don't know much in it and wish to do so, I was hoping I could get schools or computer institutions I could go get equipped. Please I need advice on what to do please
I studied Computer Science, not read. Well, there are so many schools you can choose from.

Hope you're not a cland? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AKO1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello,

Those of you that have interviewed at 11 a.m., when did you get to the embassy, roughly how long did it take, and how soon were you out of there?

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jsmile(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
DeeTus:
I studied Computer Science, not read. Well, there are so many schools you can choose from.

Hope you're not a cland? grin

thanks for the correction, can you suggest the schools please? and don't know what you mean by cland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jsmile:

thanks for the correction, can you suggest the schools please? and don't know what you mean by cland.
Not at all. You may check the dictionary and use Google to check the kind of school you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
AKO1:
Hello,

Those of you that have interviewed at 11 a.m., when did you get to the embassy, roughly how long did it take, and how soon were you out of there?

Thank you!
it depends on where your coming from. Atleast be at the embassy an hour early so incase you need to do other stuffs.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jsmile:
CGPA of 2.6. I studied computer science but don't know much in it and wish to do so, I was hoping I could get schools or computer institutions I could go get equipped. Please I need advice on what to do please

Welcome to the thread. What have you been doing since you graduated from college? When did you graduate?
You can use your work experience to support your application if it is well packaged.
I would advise that you go for a graduate degree as you are in your late 20's.
And what do you mean by you do not know much about computers? You did CS na.
If you went to an accredited school in Nigeria, I expect that at least you are okay
with fundamentals.

With your CGPA, you need to take the GRE and do at least averagely well.
US education is expensive, so you will need a good score to be able to get any funding.
Use USNEWS to search for schools offering Computer Science and apply to a good number of schools.
Focus more on the low ranked schools and maybe one or two mid-ranked.
If CS is too hard, you can try MS in IT. Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
kennyrony:

Pls is your Fidelity Bank ATM working here. have been trying to use my for some month now but always telling me transaction decline or Card Error. Have called several time but nothing as been done
the thing done tire me, only the Fidelity master card is working now, my visa Gold card is not working at all, visa still having problems issues i guess, them don open the magnetic stripe but it still doesn't,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AKO1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sure I'll be there at 7 if necessary, I'm more concerned about how long it would take because I'm traveling back home outside of Lagos.

slimmy05:
it depends on where your coming from. Atleast be at the embassy an hour early so incase you need to do other stuffs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jsmile(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
sirRiddy:

Welcome to the thread. What have you been doing since you graduated from college? When did you graduate?
You can use your work experience to support your application if it is well packaged.
I would advise that you go for a graduate degree as you are in your late 20's.
And what do you mean by you do not know much about computers? You did CS na.
If you went to an accredited school in Nigeria, I expect that at least you are okay
with fundamentals.

With your CGPA, you need to take the GRE and do at least averagely well.
US education is expensive, so you will need a good score to be able to get any funding.
Use USNEWS to search for schools offering Computer Science and apply to a good number of schools.
Focus more on the low ranked schools and maybe one or two mid-ranked.
If CS is too hard, you can try MS in IT. Good luck!

Thanks brother, truth is that for some reasons I started working two years after my high school, since I was unable to get admission quick. So I later enrolled for part time studies in Nnamdi Azikiwe University which lasted for 6 years[that's how they run their program] so I just collected my statement of result earlier this year. Been working with Immigration with from 2006 till date. Am not paid much because am still a junior officer, that's not a problem though because if I choose to remain I will be upgraded to my present qualification when my turn reaches but for someone reasons I need a work that can get me engaged mentally and immigration is not offering me that for now. I have always loved computer science right from my secondary hence my studying as a choice of course in university, but you know how the education system could be especially when you are not a regular student, so I will just say I succeeded to get the certificate but don't know what am supposed to know yet and my work is not giving me the necessary time needed and financial enablement for further certification in the said field. that's why I wanted to see if I can make it out to go and acquire the desired knowledge in computer which is my area of interest. I'd wish to settle for programming or Database management

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ejirostephen(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
mcaylife:
I would be traveling to Louisiana next year but not for schooling and my wife finished from southeastern Louisiana university. what is it u want to talk about?

learnt the crime rate in LA is high and also wanna know the rate of accomodation off campus. You may not be able to help with this info since you aint a student or going in as one. Thanks all the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.