Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,249 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782200 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
DeeTus:
Don't put all your eggs into one basket. Have you completed your application yet?
yhh I have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BoosBae(f): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
slimmy05:
He called me that he needed a phone, money and some stuffs for his daughter to celebrate the "Ileya" festival. I've not sent stuffs before aside money, so I had no option that to send it with usps priority so that he can get it on time. Well, I did cash in mail too anyways. I do that all the time, God punish western union.

After my experience banking with UBA, I resorted to local banking. My parents and brothers simply post my money to me grin, then with the high rate of crime in Aluu, uniport, I usually put the money inside my food stuffs. grin. This I did for 4 years, before GTbank lured me with their home service.

This post cracked me up, lol. Uniport guys sha especially aluu niggas, so u were hiding your money inside your food stuffs, meanwhile u were forming soft grin... just kidding though. Why didn't u move to alakahia or choba? I guess u also loved d 'aluu life'. A funny experience u've got.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good day my people, can somebody help me out with this question? For instance a VO asked these questions
1. What is the scope of your course
2. What is the program length of your studies. But when I check my I-20, it was written 30months. Normally, a master's degree is one year course. What should be the response to these questions? I need your response from all angles because nobody can tell. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
segzymiano:
Hello to all Nairalanders, writing under this post was not my aim but don't know how to write an indepedent note out here. This forun as been of good help to many people including me though I have been a observer and not been contributing until now.
I went for my interview November 13 which was yesterday 6:30am and it was granted with ease. I can't remember all questions as at now coz I was nervous when It was almost one person to get to my turn coz I was number 8 on the line and the no.1 person was granted and after that it was the next person to me that was granted.
I made sure I observed every things I learnt on this forum which are:
No fidgeting
Look straight to the VO's eyes
Answer questions straight etc
The only question that I taught would av denied me of the visa I think was the more reason why I was given and the questiin was:
Why did the school waive English as in all sort of English test for me.

My answer was: I'm not sure but I think its because I'm proficient in English and English is my secondaey language.

He answered thus: I'm also proficient in English
I answered: with a sigh (looking at his eyes meaning he's a white man I don't expect him to av any test of English, that was in my thought)
He asked again: do you av any document showing they waived it?
I answered: looking at my document infront of me saying Now
VO: he brought out a white pap iner and circle where to pick my visa.

Thanks to God and the nairaland colleagues who made this possible and easy for me. Keep the good work going... I'll be coming back to ask where to get a cheap clight to Texas Dallas by December.

Congrats man, I'm heading to dallas to start my masters in January. will probably be using the shortest route possible to get there. PM me when you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sorbitalll:

Bro, go learn tailoring...formal education is not your calling

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
wiseman2392:
Good day my people, can somebody help me out with this question? For instance a VO asked these questions
2. What is the program length of your studies. But when I check my I-20, it was written 30months. Normally, a master's degree is one year course. What should be the response to these questions? I need your response from all angles because nobody can tell. Thanks.
Q1. Probably the courses you will be taking
Q2. You tell him/her What is written on your I-20 and who told you Master degree is one year

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
BoosBae:
This post cracked me up, lol. Uniport guys sha especially aluu niggas, so u were hiding your money inside your food stuffs, meanwhile u were forming soft grin... just kidding though. Why didn't u move to alakahia or choba? I guess u also loved d 'aluu life'. A funny experience u've got.
I stayed at Choba, back of chem for a year, then moved to aluu. Then Alakahia was a typical village and choba was developed and safe as at then but the light situation was nothing to write home about. I moved to aluu after certificate program cos of constant electricity. I spent most of my final year at Alakahia though.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
wiseman2392:
JUst give a synopsis of the course you'll be taking and its relevance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
kennyrony:

Q1. Probably the courses you will be taking
Q2. You tell him/her the What was written on you I-20 and who told you Master degree is one year
Thank u Kennyrony. Nobody told me a master's degree is one year but in Nigeria here I think the maximum semester is three. 30months written in my I-20 is two and a half years, thereby I'm not sure, that's why I asked the question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hey guys, is there anyone studying Environmental Management or Environmental science over there in the states? Or is there anyone who is intending to go in for that course in the states? Please indicate. Need some info from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 1:03am On Nov 15, 2015
wiseman2392:

Thank u Kennyrony. Nobody told me a master's degree is one year but in Nigeria here I think the maximum semester is three. 30months written in my I-20 is two and a half years, thereby I'm not sure, that's why I asked the question
The 30month is the maximum progam duration, you can finish you program in 18 or 24month if you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2015
slimmy05:
JUst give a synopsis of the course you'll be taking and its relevance.
Thank u very much, the question is cleared to me now. Your explanation has given me an insight of the answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2015
Morning house, I recently wrote GRE and scored...297(Verbal-140, quantitative-157) please I need names of cheap reasonable schools that can grant me admission for.MS Electrical Engineering for fall 2016. I equally had a 2.1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisley024(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2015
ugosh:
Morning house, I recently wrote GRE and scored...297(Verbal-140, quantitative-157) please I need names of cheap reasonable schools that can grant me admission for.MS Electrical Engineering for fall 2016. I equally had a 2.1.
check und, Texas A&M univ-Kingsville, Lehigh Univ.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Did you register for BVN before you travelled? The error message means your account has been partially blocked..you can also check your ATM card expiry date.Likewise to anyone having this kind of issue..
kennyrony:

The 30month is that maximum progam duration, you can finish you program in 18 or 24month if you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2015
chrisley024:
check und, Texas A&M univ-Kingsville, Lehigh Univ.
Tnx.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
isi4luv:
Hello house!
I got my bachelor's degree in banking and finance and I tried going for my mastersbin business administration. I couldn't get a direct admission into the MBA because of my low GRE score of 282. So the school asked me to do sone prerequisites in the fall semester. Unfortunately for me my visa was denied. The VO said it doesn't nake sense that am goin for masters and my I-20 is showing bachelor's degree.. So now, I want to change my course to masters in public administration. I want to know if its okay for me to go to the embassy with another I-20 of another school with another course. Is it okay? Is it a red flag? And also, ave been wondering, is it okay for me to pursue a masters in public administration with a bachelor's degree in banking and finance. Is it related? Ave been thinkin about it? Please I need ur opinions. Thank you!!
You must be prepared for some critical question from the VO
1. Why the change of institution?
2. Why the Uni?
3why public Admin not finance?
All this answers are easy but once u miss one it nullify the others. Bro am sure wen u were studying B&F in UNI dey taught what public finance is, so go and read and do more indept research about the school u are going and the department it helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by job23: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
help needed:did the VO requested for bank statement during interview at the embassy from those who got the visa recently?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisley024(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
job23:
help needed:did the VO requested for bank statement during interview at the embassy from those who got the visa recently?
you must go with it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
job23:

Not everyone is asked to present bank statement. Bank statement is a supporting document not a compulsory document. But it's advised to go with it. My last interview I wasn't asked to present anything. Just follow what the gurus tell you to do, and don't forget to commit everything to Baba God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Gud eveing aos, pls in my 1-20 Business, Management, Marketing. was written as my major my question is dat incase vo ask why am going to US can I say am going der for my bachelor in business or business administration. Although, in my admission letter pre business was written der wic is d program leading to bachelor in business administration for any entering student planning to pursue business administration as a program....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
badoli:
Gud eveing aos, pls in my 1-20 Business, Management, Marketing. was written as my major my question is dat incase vo ask why am going to US can I say am going der for my bachelor in business or business administration. Although, in my admission letter pre business was written der wic is d program leading to bachelor in business administration for any entering student planning to pursue business administration as a program....
VO: why are u going to usa? To study
VO: what course? A Pre-Degree in Business Administration, Marketing as stated in ur i20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by moyo4great: 12:35am On Nov 16, 2015
pls help, my result was sent to wes by waec 4 evaluation, now wes is notifying me waiting for verification from institution, was told waec will b d one to verify d document which I don't know how I will contact them 4 d fast response, Any help plsssszz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 12:48am On Nov 16, 2015
moyo4great:
pls help, my result was sent to wes by waec 4 evaluation, now wes is notifying me waiting for verification from institution, was told waec will b d one to verify d document which I don't know how I will contact them 4 d fast response, Any help plsssszz
You should have send it by yourself na. Sorry, locate Waec office and lodge complaint. It may cost you a few bucks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 4:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 16, 2015
badoli:
Forget what is written in your admission letter, go with what is written in your I-20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 5:27am On Nov 16, 2015
@ tipsy thanks bro!!! It was nt written in my 1-20 as pre degree in business but as business, management, marketing. It's in my admission letter dat was written: program: pre business: Degree objective :bachelor of art..... My question is if vo ask wat course am going der to study, I mine still going to mention d 3 courses as it was stated in my 1-20? Can i still say dat am going for bachelor degree program in business, management, marketing.... D program length is still 48month.... I need ur response bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by badoli: 5:32am On Nov 16, 2015
@ slimmy thanks bro!!!!! Can i say for my bachelor degree program in business, management, marketing becos dis hw it's written in my 1-20 as major
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 16, 2015
badoli:
@ tipsy thanks bro!!! It was nt written in my 1-20 as pre degree in business but as business, management, marketing. It's in my admission letter dat was written: program: pre business: Degree objective :bachelor of art..... My question is if vo ask wat course am going der to study, I mine still going to mention d 3 courses as it was stated in my 1-20? Can i still say dat am going for bachelor degree program in business, management, marketing.... D program length is still 48month.... I need ur response bro
Business Management and Marketing, majoring in Business Management.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:51am On Nov 16, 2015
akin3102:
Did you register for BVN before you travelled? The error message means your account has been partially blocked..you can also check your ATM card expiry date.Likewise to anyone having this kind of issue..
They no well. Make I come met them there, the won chop my money as dey notice say I no dey around again. Have called the bank several times, the customer care will put me on hold for about 30-45min saying they want to run background check on my account and she will sleep off on duty just because am always calling at mid night. I register for the BVN jor and my card will expire 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 16, 2015
kennyrony:

They no well. Make I come met there there. I register for the BVN jor and my card will expire 2018
Are you above 18? tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (401)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.