Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782928 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mekurexx:
Done. Just sent you!. Thanks wink

Replied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
AlbertEinstein:
Thank you all 4 ur support. Here it is:
Vo: Why did u choose this school?
Me: Because of the facilities, the faculty and collaboration with different partners in the industry
Vo: MS in aerospace. Wht did u study @ undergrad level?
Me: Mechanical Engineering
Vo: what will this degree do for you
Me: I'll get a job in an mro
Congratulations to you man
Vo: I guess it's gonna be a high-paying job
Me: (I smiled). Of course yes
Vo: how would u pay for this(looks @ my I-20)... Oh a research assistantship
(Begins to type sth on his system as my heart was racing but I tried to keep composure)
Then the moment:
Vo: u'll need this @ d point of entry...u can pick up ur VISA @ this location...(I wasn't listening to all he was saying
Me: (came out of the building, raised my hands to the sky n gave thanks)
Congratulations my Man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
worry359:

If you convince the VO. (which you will not) you are likely to be stopped and sent home by the entry point officers.
Anyway if your school has said 2nd then you can not join up at a later date without permission.
So they will cancel your visa!

At last....I got a letter from school for an extension............will there still be a prob at the US entry point?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:

At last....I got a letter from school for an extension............will there still be a prob at the US entry point?

Not if you travel before the date on your extension. Take the letter and have it ready if questioned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
AlbertEinstein:
Me: Because of the facilities, the faculty and collaboration with different partners in the industry
(Begins to type sth on his system as my heart was racing but I tried to keep composure)
Then the moment:
Vo: u'll need this @ d point of entry...u can pick up ur VISA @ this location...(I wasn't listening to all he was saying

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:

Boss, I'm glad you got an extension. Work tirelessly on your interview preparation. Remember to wear the amour of confidence and don't forget to trust God. Don't just memorize interview transcripts on this thread, but study them. I wish you success in your forthcoming interview, boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by essayHelp(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
AlbertEinstein:
Then the moment:

Congrats. At what school would you be pursuing the MS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
First Success transcript for the new year!. Very smooth and short! Congratulations!! All the best!
AlbertEinstein:
Then the moment:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
AlbertEinstein:
Then the moment:
Congrats bro nice one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Graviton2(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Jchi9876:

His ego couldnt stomach a reprimand from a young, vibrant, handsome, knowledgeable and intelligent Moderator who was by the way just doing his selfless duty grin

I asked Slimmy05 a question, not you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Graviton2:

I asked Slimmy05 a question, not you.

No disrespect, this is not a private forum it is a public one Sir!!!!!

send him an email if you want a private conversation!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Well in my assesment its average...
DeeTus:
You'll be granted "graduated assistantship" if you're qualified for it. But, it totally depends on the school and what their requirements are anyway.

Hope your application is strong?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Guys, Anyone in Minnesota State Uni, Mankanto or Applying to the school (Graduate studies)? Does the EducationUSA registration apply to Masters students? And is the membership/registration Free or Taxed(How much)? Please advise accordingly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
Senatorbee:
Re u applying for spring or fall
pls update me on the recent info u get about the school. Thanks
Am applying for fall. I have sent u a pm. U can reply so I can grant u my number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ojah1: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Jchi9876:

No disrespect, this is not a private forum it is a public one Sir!!!!!

send him an email if you want a private conversation!!!
I swear you're such a funny man cheesy I don laugh tire for here grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mekurexx:
Guys, Anyone in Minnesota State Uni, Mankanto or Applying to the school (Graduate studies)? Does the EducationUSA registration apply to Masters students? And is the membership/registration Free or Taxed(How much)? Please advise accordingly
Am actually applying into Minnesota State University. The registration applies to Masters students too. I called EducationUSA office in Lagos and they said its 36k. But a friend here on the forum said he got admitted into the school. Am contemplating making that payment. What do u tink?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by frank94(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
@ justwise and co what's your comment and advice on this,my uncle wants to buy a property(house) in texas usa,and wants to relocate their with his kids and wife,what do you think about it based on visa issues and survival over their thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
electronic:
Hello peeps.... Am trying to pay for GRE but that 270 per dollar is not going to fly for me ooh. . I can't shout grin Is any body willing to give me at a lower rate say 235? pls holla so we can chat via mail or any convenient means.. Thanks people.... cool

I can help you pay. Shoot me an email and I'll respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol I was even thinking it was 25k. Cuz as of last 2 years or so it was 23k. Prolly high now cuz of the dollar rate. I actually want to call the school, cuz I dont see any point paying that amount when I will still write GRE. I will call the school and ask them. Its unlikely I will make the payment tho
fizzile:
Am actually applying into Minnesota State University. The registration applies to Masters students too. I called EducationUSA office in Lagos and they said its 36k. But a friend here on the forum said he got admitted into the school. Am contemplating making that payment. What do u tink?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Jchi9876:

His ego couldnt stomach a reprimand from a young, vibrant, handsome, knowledgeable and intelligent Moderator who was by the way just doing his selfless duty grin
lol...guy i say make u gerara hia ere u no de hear abi grin...u sti de ere de cause wahala angry

slimy do u mean u r quiting nairaland to coming back with anoda money-car tongue....

since dem don ban naira card..nobody can pay application fee from naija again...obob na to open online shop ere o tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
warriboy21:

lol...guy i say make u gerara hia ere u no de hear abi grin...u sti de ere de cause wahala angry

slimy do u mean u r quiting nairaland to coming back with anoda money-car tongue....

since dem don ban naira card..nobody can pay application fee from naija again...obob na to open online shop ere o tongue

Person say he is OFFICIALLY(dont know what it means) quitting una still dey worry am.

Everybody now they pull "Kanye" on every matter. All na still bluff

#deactivateandstopbluffing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mekurexx:
Lol I was even thinking it was 25k. Cuz as of last 2 years or so it was 23k. Prolly high now cuz of the dollar rate. I actually want to call the school, cuz I dont see any point paying that amount when I will still write GRE. I will call the school and ask them. Its unlikely I will make the payment tho
Exactly. That money can be channeled into something else. I just sent u a pm,will like to get info from u regarding the issue when u call them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
As long as we have Bigfrancis and some other great dudes,omor no shaking. No man should be considered a demi-god. There are a lot of great dudes who have been so instrumental in helping many find their way to the states. One man down can not stop the ship from sailing down to obamaland. Great men like bigfrancis will keep putting smiles on our faces.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
@frank94...first and foremost, what is the residency status of your uncle or his wife or kids? Is any of them a resident or US citizen?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

I can help you pay. Shoot me an email and I'll respond.

Noted Boss....mail sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akset(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Please is there anyone can tell me the schools in da state that consider Nigeria as English speaking country.I mean those school dat waive TOEFL and SAT fo naija
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by frank94(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
None is a us citizen or resident.
bigfrancis21:
@frank94...first and foremost, what is the residency status of your uncle or his wife or kids? Is any of them a resident or US citizen?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Senatorbee(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
fizzile:

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.