Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782772 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
innovativeame:
Abeg, na who send me say make I go do master's degree in Apllied statistics and Biomathematics for US?
Homework Don blind my eyes, project here and there. Sometimes I feel like I execute a lot more "projects" than our senators and leaders back home.
My people, I've missed you all, salute to all my brothers and sisters in the house.

You most certainly do. Bros i hear say na Normal, IL you dey. Will it be okay for me to PM you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
aadeyi:

You can PM me and will help you collect and mail it to you. You will get it in a week after I receive it and it cost lesser

Boss i think i will need your help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by STENON(f): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
Happy Birthday to you @ Master OJAP. I wish you More Age with Grace. May the rest of your Years be the very best of your years on earth.

Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurray !!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by innovativeame(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
gunther6:

You most certainly do. Bros i hear say na Normal, IL you dey. Will it be okay for me to PM you?
Please, feel free to do so!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by damine: 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
Eddard007:

Pleaes any idea where to do immunisation for US internation Student, Nigerian Authorised Hospital

If you're in Lagos, you can try LUTH. There's this lady- Aunty Shalewa in the community health unit. She's there from around 10am daily.

She'll sort you out with the injections, hook you up with a doctor to attest to your forms and let you know when to go to Ports health clinic to get your Yellow Fever card (the entire process might take between 2 - 3 weeks).

Depending on the specific immunizations, your total cost might fall within the N20k - N35k range.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
hello house,

I have three questions I want to ask concerning my ds160 and I hope you can help me although it seems like this thread is more of an admissions discussion thread.

my first question is the question about "address where you will stay while in the US". I have a friend who has a place in the US that I plan staying with for atleast a week before I rent my own place. can I fill that persons address as the place I would stay or it is better I book a hotel and put the address there Or I put my school address as the place I would stay. please advise me on which is better.

my second question is "point of contact in the US". on my I-20 they put the name of an official from the school as a person to contact. can I fill my friend as point of contact or I go ahead and fill the school official as point of contact.

thirdly, "relatives in the US". can a family friend be considered a relative?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
damine:

If you're in Lagos, you can try LUTH. There's this lady- Aunty Shalewa in the community health unit. She's there from around 10am daily.

She'll sort you out with the injections, hook you up with a doctor to attest to your forms and let you know when to go to Ports health clinic to get your Yellow Fever card (the entire process might take between 2 - 3 weeks).

Depending on the specific immunizations, your total cost might fall within the N20k - N35k range.

Is the immunisation thingy mandatory for everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Professor554:
hello house,

I have three questions I want to ask concerning my ds160 and I hope you can help me although it seems like this thread is more of an admissions discussion thread.

my first question is the question about "address where you will stay while in the US". I have a friend who has a place in the US that I plan staying with for atleast a week before I rent my own place. can I fill that persons address as the place I would stay or it is better I book a hotel and put the address there Or I put my school address as the place I would stay. please advise me on which is better.

my second question is "point of contact in the US". on my I-20 they put the name of an official from the school as a person to contact. can I fill my friend as point of contact or I go ahead and fill the school official as point of contact.

thirdly, "relatives in the US". can a family friend be considered a relative?

1. Don't try shit and write your friend address... Write your school address as where you will stay wen u get to state e.g university of alake 126, charity rd, fill space of city, state and zipcode.

2. On your i20 you will see the person to contact so write his or her name you will see an option where u will say school officer.

You can also check YouTube on how to fill ds 160. Pls be very careful and don't rush
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
don4ye:

1. Don't try shit and write your friend address... Write your school address as where you will stay wen u get to state e.g university of alake 126, charity rd, fill space of city, state and zipcode.

2. On your i20 you will see the person to contact so write his or her name you will see an option where u will say school officer.

You can also check YouTube on how to fill ds 160. Pls be very careful and don't rush

thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
I have sent you an email!.
missylizzy:
Sent you a pm

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Pls is anyone in Temple University, Philly? I just got accepted into their program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by damine: 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
MrMann1:

Is the immunisation thingy mandatory for everyone

It largely depends on your school and it will be stated in your admission letter/package.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
damine:

It largely depends on your school and it will be stated in your admission letter/package.
My admission letter mentioned that "... All first time student will be required to have the meningitis vaccination or an approved exemption prior to attending the class". Pls guide me through. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by frankicon(m): 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
HELP ALERT!!

Please Gurus This is wah i've put together on WHY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING NOW?

Mechanical Engineering is the broadest branches of all engineering and Mechanical Engineers are involved in designing, manufacturing maintenace and repair of mechanical system, Its at the Forefront of developing new technologies for number of industries such as Transport. comstruction, Healthcare aand robotics.
Studing this cousre will provide me with the solid technical base in engineering science fundamental and with the competency to become a successful Mechanial Engineer making me play an instumental role in designing and manucfacturing items dat imppact our modern living Whether it’s household goods, sports equipment, medical equipment to improve safety and liabilities here in Nigeria reliable cars and transport systems...

BY the way thank u guys for your response on my Transcript am grateful...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
STENON:
Happy Birthday to you @ Master OJAP. I wish you More Age with Grace. May the rest of your Years be the very best of your years on earth.

Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! Hurray !!!!
I've been trying to call you but your number wasn't going.. Abeg holla, its VERY important..Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
MrMann1:

My admission letter mentioned that "... All first time student will be required to have the meningitis vaccination or an approved exemption prior to attending the class". Pls guide me through. Thanks
Were you required to take it in Nigeria or upon arrival. Even child born usually get first MMR. Just take the form you're given to any doctor to help you sign. I don't see the essence of taking MMR at this age.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
So if I have relative in the same state with my school, is it advisable to write the person's address?

don4ye:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
frankicon:
HELP ALERT!!

Mechanical Engineering is the broadest branches of all engineering and Mechanical Engineers are involved in designing, manufacturing maintenace and repair of mechanical system, Its at the Forefront of developing new technologies for number of industries such as Transport. comstruction, Healthcare aand robotics.
Studing this cousre will provide me with the solid technical base in engineering science fundamental and with the competency to become a successful Mechanial Engineer making me play an instumental role in designing and manucfacturing items dat imppact our modern living Whether it’s household goods, sports equipment, medical equipment to improve safety and liabilities here in Nigeria reliable cars and transport systems...

All these are not what you need. You're not asked to define Mechanical Engineering. Simply state what you intend to achieve with the course, how would it benefit you? What's your take home after graduation? How would it equip you as regards your career goals? What research area interest you going on in the school? Do you have experience you would like to advance and is the school ready to work with you in that aspect? Do you have area of research or do you have an already established undergraduate research you would like to advance. Try to be specific, what's the research all about and which sector and tools do you intend to develop. These should be your guide.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
monsieur2016:
So if I have relative in the same state with my school, is it advisable to write the person's address?

Mr., leave your relative and face your business with your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2016
MrMann1:

I didn't take the MMR in Naija, reason based on I didn't get a hospital where I can take it, but I took it here and it was billed to my health insurance company,
So since you are paying for insurance, it's better you take it when you get here.
Its mandatory for my school before you register for classes, i Don't know about your school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 12:43am On Apr 13, 2016
Hello house,
Last year I made b1/b2 appointment for a visit to the US, something came up and I had to cancel the visa appointment, in two weeks time I will be going for my interview for an f1 visa.... Am not going for an undergraduate course neither am I going for a masters program, am going for a professional certificate course of a month, pls guys how well can I convince the VO? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 13, 2016
iamleye:
Hello house,
Last year I made b1/b2 appointment for a visit to the US, something came up and I had to cancel the visa appointment, in two weeks time I will be going for my interview for an f1 visa.... Am not going for an undergraduate course neither am I going for a masters program, am going for a professional certificate course of a month, pls guys how well can I convince the VO? Thanks
and you were issued I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 13, 2016
frankicon:
HELP ALERT!!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2016
dannybrown19:

I didn't take the MMR in Naija, reason based on I didn't get a hospital where I can take it, but I took it here and it was billed to my health insurance company,
So since you are paying for insurance, it's better you take it when you get here.
Its mandatory for my school before you register for classes, i Don't know about your school
Thanks. It is also mandatory I have it before classes. Pls how did you go about the medical insurance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2016
slimmy2005:
Were you required to take it in Nigeria or upon arrival. Even child born usually get first MMR. Just take the form you're given to any doctor to help you sign. I don't see the essence of taking MMR at this age.
Nope. Not necessarily I take it here in Nigeria. I will do it the way dannybrown did his own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 7:37am On Apr 13, 2016
Hello gurus in d house, last yr was denied f1 visa. Reapplied n ll b going for it nxt wk. Need someone to ask me questions nd i ll respond. Like an interview section? Just to know if i ve pprepared well enough. Thnx. pls u can inbox me ur numbers. Ll call you. Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:59am On Apr 13, 2016
monsieur2016:

Is advisable to write school address. Don't creat doubt in the mind of VO

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2016
slimmy2005:
All these are not what you need. You're not asked to define Mechanical Engineering. Simply state what you intend to achieve with the course, how would it benefit you? What's your take home after graduation? How would it equip you as regards your career goals? What research area interest you going on in the school? Do you have experience you would like to advance and is the school ready to work with you in that aspect? Do you have area of research or do you have an already established undergraduate research you would like to advance. Try to be specific, what's the research all about and which sector and tools do you intend to develop. These should be your guide.
nice one slimmy. Very helpful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Faraidi(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2016
justwise:

Tell me you are joking?
Hello just wise.Please do you know how much for IELTS test fee? someone l know what to write it.Or TOEFL

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.