Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782996 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Infact, the only thing I ask from my mom is to send me Nigerian food as I am a picky eater and barely eat American.
How does she send it? Please discuss extensively.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
ladelade11:
Good day house. Please am going for masters in Nuclear Physics and have been offered admission for Jan next year. But my uncle over dere in the state ask me to write a GRE exam after been giving admission to boost my chances at the embassy. Please is this necessary?
yes its necessary. your uncle's head is valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
finestcash:
Got my visa today I was d guy nt my friend.thank God.Godwins am in d bus nw will drop my transcript b4 noon

Funny guy. Everyone knew that already. Tell your friend to comport well at the POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
grin O jasi. The uncle's head is very very valid

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Am sorry pls my brodas and sisters...........U all made d Glory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ladelade11: 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Gbayi ma.. Leeme look for one nice GRE text book and murder them fast. Was told exam is billed for Oct9. Realli Appreciate!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

$100 is even too much sef (at least for me. Lol). I'm assuming you have Nigerian food stashed up in your house, they make your grocery shopping less expensive and this is why I always tell anybody I know coming from Nigeria to bring lots and lots of food. Infact, the only thing I ask from my mom is to send me Nigerian food as I am a picky eater and barely eat American. Most of the time, I don't spend up to a $100 on groceries a month when I'm in Arkansas cos its only me and I have almost everything I need for food. All I get is cereal, veggies (spinach and those peas and stuff), chicken or beef, and some other stuff.

I will suggest you buy those things at Walmart or Kroger (if you have those around), and buy them in bulk, you get, more value for your money that way. Don't go to places like Vons or Safeway, things are more expensive. If y'all have those Mexican grocery stores around, they're your surest bet. Groceries are cheaper there and the food is somewhat similar to African food. I spend less than $100 shopping for a whole month at those stores and gosh, everywhere will be filled by the time you're done shopping with $80

Best of all, know the stores that have the cheapest prices on different items so that you can clock in some awesome savings. Although I need to warn you that it's a pain shopping for groceries at different stores without a car but I tell you its worth it. Like sometimes, Vons sell red bell peppers for 3 piece a dollar, while walmart has their's for $1.58 a piece, but I also won't buy water from Vons cos a pack of 24 Aquafina costs almost $8 while a 32 pack of the same brand costs less than $5 at walmart. See how much you can save by buying bell pepper from Vons and water from Walmart. cheesy cheesy It can seem inconsequential but if you're an heavy shopper or eater, you will actually save quite a few bucks. By the time you've done grocery shopping for three or four months, you'll know which stores have the best deals on which item and know how to plan your shopping. Goodluck grin

This is what I am saying! Thank you! So it could be cheaper? cheesy I will consider EVERYTHING you have said. Can I also get epo pupa in Mexican stores? I have someone who is ready to drive me anywhere. Thank you for this, you are saving the life of a Nigerian who is too Nigerian for American foods.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mystiqme:

MsNas, I also need to know this, please. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
finestcash:
i want to thank God for his favour because if not for God his grace.I was denied july 8,i scheduled another appointment for august 11 but i wasnt allow to be interviewed because my new ds 160 barcode was not updated.i called the embassy and did series of mailing.so i scheduled an expedited appointment for august 31st which is today.before that i mailed my school for an extention but i wasnt granted but given a deferment to spring 2016 so i was confused because of 120 days rule,the new i20 was the one i printed from my mail and bankstatement was early last month.So i look up to God who owns the heaven and the earth for favour,cut a deal and have a strong faith by praising God with all sort of praise and worship cds.
Here we go this morning woke up around 4am prayed a simple prayer Lord let thy will be done.Got to the consulate by 6am went to keep my bag.
@ the embaay
A black american lady interviewed me though the atmosphere was tensed cos many people was denied and no one was given among the first set whichi was among .That wanted to kill my faith but i said God let ur will be done set.Here comes the lady she says window 5.
vo;goodmorning
me'goodmorning ma with a strong face can u adjust ur mic
vo;kk can u hear me very well
me;yea
vo;which school are you going
me;southwest minnesota state university
vo;which course
me finance
vo;who is your sponsor
me;dad
vo;what is he into
me;he is a succesful engineer and he has his own engineering firm,he is into civil engineering and building construction
vo;when did u graduate
me;2008
vo;what have u being doing
me;my result came quite late in 2009 cos of verification and strike,2010 i took alevel classes and 2011 i had a diploma in statistics(cuts in)
vo;a diploma
me;yea
vo;whats d relationship btw statistics and finance
me;when fianancial analyst collect datas statistical method are being use for the analysis
vo;how many schools did u apply to
me;4
vo;name them
me;concord university @wv,murraystate @kentucky and siuc @ carbondales
vo:so why smsu
me;i choose smsu because among all the schools i choose only smsu gave me fiance(cuts in)
vo;the others gave u wat
me;economics
vo;so y nt go for economics
me;finance is vast insense that it comprise of economics,statistics,accounting and its very relevant to d industry in my country
vo;so wat are u gonna be doing with finance
me;smiled and said i would work with top financial institution like cbn
vo;checked my i20 and said when is your school resuming
me;january 11 next year
vo;y are u coming nw
me;i told her all d stories and ended by saying i wont want to waste my dads money
vo;smiled and gave me i20,servis and white sheet and said i will nid it at the poe.
me;i was dumbed and didnt here d pickupdate mayb wednessday or thursday
Anyways thank u all the gurus in the house my advise to dos that will gives testimonies are trust in God he will make it possible cos he his always faithful now my last delay was a blessing in disguys....i have enough time to prepare for january.Tod gurus i hail thee.Pastor deetus thank u for prophetic declaration i choose head in your coin which is approoval

You're welcome! And thanks for your nice words to support me!

I'm so glad you got it.

Indeed, you're wise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mystiqme:

Ke tiri? grin grin This your discuss extensively reminds me of those exams I did in Nigeria cheesy Well, few times she's sent it by post. But most times, I always know someone who is coming to the U.S from Nigeria and I plead with them to help me bring a couple of stuff from my mom (not too much sha). The heavy stuff I sometime get here in America too. It's kinda cheap in the big cities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
godG:

This is what I am saying! Thank you! So it could be cheaper? cheesy I will consider EVERYTHING you have said. Can I also get epo pupa in Mexican stores? I have someone who is ready to drive me anywhere. Thank you for this, you are saving the life of a Nigerian who is too Nigerian for American foods.
Lmao. You can't get epo in Mexican stores. But I think I've sent it in once Chinese store in North Little Rock before. I even forgot to include Chinese stores. They sell Nigerian kinds of stuff too. What I enjoy buying from there though is fish. They sell the Nigerian kinda of mackerel (commonly called alaran) and since that is the only fish I can tolerate I'm in bliss. I've seen oloyin beans, dried fish, dried pepper, curry and all other stuff there too

Check out Indian stores too. They have cheap food too. What we usually buy there is rice. They have this box of parboiled rice....almost 28lbs for $12. It will last you very very long. Walmart sells a bag of its 1lb rice for $5.99 or so. Not economical.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Lmao. You can't get epo in Mexican stores. But I think I've sent it in once Chinese store in North Little Rock before. I even forgot to include Chinese stores. They sell Nigerian kinds of stuff too. What I enjoy buying from there though is fish. They sell the Nigerian kinda of mackerel (commonly called alaran) and since that is the only fish I can tolerate I'm in bliss. I've seen oloyin beans, dried fish, dried pepper, curry and all other stuff there too

Check out Indian stores too. They have cheap food too. What we usually buy there is rice. They have this box of parboiled rice....almost 28lbs for $12. It will last you very very long. Walmart sells a bag of its 1lb rice for $5.99 or so. Not economical.

Thank you! I really appreciate this! Now I know what to look out for and where to get them? cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Ke tiri? grin grin This your discuss extensively reminds me of those exams I did in Nigeria cheesy Well, few times she's sent it by post. But most times, I always know someone who is coming to the U.S from Nigeria and I plead with them to help me bring a couple of stuff from my mom (not too much sha). The heavy stuff I sometime get here in America too. It's kinda cheap in the big cities.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
biikeys:

grin
Lol reply to the salutation instead of grinning cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Ke tiri?

Who is teaching you Ondo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Lol reply to the salutation instead of grinning cheesy

I only know what it means..forgot how to reply smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Typical omo Ibadan. Your own river no dey forget its origin. I feel you gal.. #No forming# #No Jingling. Unlike some of my local girls forming porsh & claiming Champs..

@Alaran fish got me rolling on the floor grin cheesy

@godG boss, u better adapt and find one akata weey go dey cook veggies, spag and lizard for you, abi u no wan fat? grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
@Walspring and Slimmy05: Good morning all. I hav a question. Can u brief me on the implication of using cooperate account as statement of account. The school i applied to asked me to bring statement of account. Getting someone to give u statement of account is the issue now.I solely responsible for everything, in other words, my own account is less than 3m. And also, i intend to use mums account, though the account has b dormant ever since i lost her. NEED ur contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
biikeys:

I only know what it means..forgot how to reply smiley
Lol. You say "Oo sàn". Oya say "Thank You" grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mystiqme:

Who is teaching you Ondo?
Hehehe. Someone you know...... Or don't tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
profojah:

Typical omo Ibadan. Your own river no dey forget its origin. I feel you gal.. #No forming# #No Jingling. Unlike some of my local girls forming porsh & claiming Champs..

@Alaran fish got me rolling on the floor grin cheesy

@godG boss, u better adapt and find one akata weey go dey cook veggies, spag and lizard for you, abi u no wan fat? grin
Lmao. I'm not posh when it comes to food. I can't start purging abeg. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Congrats bro..
finestcash:
i want to thank God for his favour because if not for God his grace.I was denied july 8,i scheduled another appointment for august 11 but i wasnt allow to be interviewed because my new ds 160 barcode was not updated.i called the embassy and did series of mailing.so i scheduled an expedited appointment for august 31st which is today.before that i mailed my school for an extention but i wasnt granted but given a deferment to spring 2016 so i was confused because of 120 days rule,the new i20 was the one i printed from my mail and bankstatement was early last month.So i look up to God who owns the heaven and the earth for favour,cut a deal and have a strong faith by praising God with all sort of praise and worship cds.
Here we go this morning woke up around 4am prayed a simple prayer Lord let thy will be done.Got to the consulate by 6am went to keep my bag.
@ the embaay
A black american lady interviewed me though the atmosphere was tensed cos many people was denied and no one was given among the first set whichi was among .That wanted to kill my faith but i said God let ur will be done set.Here comes the lady she says window 5.
vo;goodmorning
me'goodmorning ma with a strong face can u adjust ur mic
vo;kk can u hear me very well
me;yea
vo;which school are you going
me;southwest minnesota state university
vo;which course
me finance
vo;who is your sponsor
me;dad
vo;what is he into
me;he is a succesful engineer and he has his own engineering firm,he is into civil engineering and building construction
vo;when did u graduate
me;2008
vo;what have u being doing
me;my result came quite late in 2009 cos of verification and strike,2010 i took alevel classes and 2011 i had a diploma in statistics(cuts in)
vo;a diploma
me;yea
vo;whats d relationship btw statistics and finance
me;when fianancial analyst collect datas statistical method are being use for the analysis
vo;how many schools did u apply to
me;4
vo;name them
me;concord university @wv,murraystate @kentucky and siuc @ carbondales
vo:so why smsu
me;i choose smsu because among all the schools i choose only smsu gave me fiance(cuts in)
vo;the others gave u wat
me;economics
vo;so y nt go for economics
me;finance is vast insense that it comprise of economics,statistics,accounting and its very relevant to d industry in my country
vo;so wat are u gonna be doing with finance
me;smiled and said i would work with top financial institution like cbn
vo;checked my i20 and said when is your school resuming
me;january 11 next year
vo;y are u coming nw
me;i told her all d stories and ended by saying i wont want to waste my dads money
vo;smiled and gave me i20,servis and white sheet and said i will nid it at the poe.
me;i was dumbed and didnt here d pickupdate mayb wednessday or thursday
Anyways thank u all the gurus in the house my advise to dos that will gives testimonies are trust in God he will make it possible cos he his always faithful now my last delay was a blessing in disguys....i have enough time to prepare for january.Tod gurus i hail thee.Pastor deetus thank u for prophetic declaration i choose head in your coin which is approoval

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
profojah:

@godG boss, u better adapt and find [b]one akata [/b]weey go dey cook veggies, spag and lizard for you, abi u no wan fat? grin

Baba Mi Fada, I don hang my prick for my wardrobe in Nigeria grin. To be honest with you, dem food here no dey go well for my stomach at all. No let me start how my ordeal started right inside the plane unto say I just try the vegetable wey Lufthansa served. I vomit and sh!it sotey I became sick. My first day in America was not nice rara. Na one Nigerian sister give me amala chop once, since I got here. The longest time I have stayed without okele! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
MsNas:

Lol. You say "Oo sàn". Oya say "Thank You" grin

No idea sad
Not from Ondo...only have friends from there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lanrayx: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Are exams required for a masters degree in the US, and what are the things one should do, or have and take note of before going ahead to apply for a US students visa
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
godG:

Baba Mi Fada, I don hang my prick for my wardrobe in Nigeria grin. To be honest with you, dem food here no dey go well for my stomach at all. No let me start how my ordeal started right inside the plane unto say I just try the vegetable wey Lufthansa served. I vomit and sh!it sotey I became sick. My first day in America was not nice rara. Na one Nigerian sister give me amala chop once, since I got here. The longest time I have stayed without okele! embarassed
Lmao cheesy Eeyah Pele. Its a matter of small time, you'll soon get used to the food.
At bolded. I go tell one girl to help you dhl am come Wisconsin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
profojah:

I don't know why the mods always carry my thread to the sexuality section. So many sweet-romance threads of mine are always taken to that section undecided. But I no too dey visit that una thread. Just dey come there once in every 3weeks. Never made any comment there sef

Brossssssssssssss you can lieee ohhhh..You should be Spokesperson for APC..Another Lieeeee Mohammmed... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by belloluddy: 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Just arrived home. Myself and my 2 kids arrived the embassy in laghos around 9am, interview was for 11am but I just went inside straight with my kids. All security checks done. Remember I said I and my husband already have valid visit visa but my 2 kids are the ones applying
On entering,
Consular: good morning, are these your kids
Me: yes they are, good morning
Consular; I guess u are going on vacation to the US ?
Me: yes
Consular: are u going as a family ?
Consular: :I see u have been to the US recently, can I see your passport?
Me: I gave her my passport, she was busy typing on her computer

Consular: where is your husband?
Me: here in Nigeria

Consular: OK, I will approve your kids visa. Gave me the white paper
No single documents asked for
Thanks to u all
Several people got visas in Lagos today

17 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
belloluddy:
Just arrived home. Myself and my 2 kids arrived the embassy in laghos around 9am, interview was for 11am but I just went inside straight with my kids. All security checks done. Remember I said I and my husband already have valid visit visa but my 2 kids are the ones applying
On entering,

Thanks to u all
Congrats grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
belloluddy:
On entering,

Thanks to u all
told ya..u gona get it.. smiley
cos i cnt imagine d vo asking d kids..;why US? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Can an infinix hot note work in the usa?
Also for guys already in the usa which plans will you advice me to get... And what's the easiest way to reach my family back in naija they have no skype, no whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.