Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037587 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
How were u able to come about the bolded? Is there somewhere on ur refusal letter this was stated?That you were refused based on the fact that you didn't have a more recent statement..Pls enlighten the house..

Thanks for your question, in my denial form they did not tick that I did not have enough financial resources to pay for school or to travel (this was most likely because I put my first semester receipt and my ticket booking). The only thing that was ticked was that I do not have enough financial resources for upkeep in Canada. That gives the impression that my bank statement was not valid because the only thing they could have used the bank statement to verify is if I have enough and available financial resources for upkeep. If it was not my old bank statement, they would have ticked insufficient funds for all three fields. And also it is stated on one of the CIC forms that your bank statement should not be older than 1 month.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
Siga:
... Guys be very careful when picking Agents or what not.... 2 students were refused at POE last month just cos the Agent they used gave them fake admission letters and also ate their tuition... Just cos ur Agent gave u admission letter and u used it to secure VISA does not mean u shouldnt do due diligence to contact the school urself to verify ur admission... Well... the got turned back and back in Naija right now...
Oga Siga, longest time. I dey hail..Hmm..Na when person don see the promise land finish, he no come enter..this one pas be careful oo..Maybe the village witches are at work here....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Siga: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
Oga Siga, longest time. I dey hail..Hmm..Na when person don see the promise land finish, he no come enter..this one pas be careful oo..Maybe the village witches are at work here....
... I hail back my bro... this ain't no village people thingy... this is plain laziness and lack of due diligence... at this age of internet and level of education we have with life experiences... we should take steps in doing things ourselves... once u are over 18... u are no more a kid that must be spoon fed...

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

Thanks for your question, in my denial form they did not tick that I did not have enough financial resources to pay for school or to travel (this was most likely because I put my first semester receipt and my ticket booking). The only thing that was ticked was that I do not have enough financial resources for upkeep in Canada. That gives the impression that my bank statement was not valid because the only thing they could have used the bank statement to verify is if I have enough and available financial resources for upkeep. If it was not my old bank statement, they would have ticked insufficient funds for all three fields. And also it is stated on one of the CIC forms that your bank statement should not be older than 1 month.
How much was in ur bank statement?Was it ur personal SOA? Also, can u tell me what they ticked as ur only reason for denial..It is clear u assumed they didn't consider ur statement because it was over a month, bt we can brainstorm other reasons...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2015
Siga:
... I hail back my bro... this ain't no village people thingy... this is plain laziness and lack of due diligence... at this age of internet and level of education we have with life experiences... we should take steps in doing things ourselves... once u are over 18... u are no more a kid that must be spoon fed...
Definitely true, was kidding abt d village thing tho...It really baffles me too.....Atleast a little follow up on the individual's part will do some good..This is definitely a lesson for others to learn from.

How family?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
How much was in ur bank statement?Was it ur personal SOA? Also, can u tell me what they ticked as ur only reason for denial..It is clear u assumed they didn't consider ur statement because it was over a month, bt we can brainstorm other reasons...

It was over 8 million. They only ticked that I do not have enough and available financial resources for upkeep. It was not my personal bank statement because I was just 17. What are the other reasons you can brainstorm? because I can't think of any other reason. Note that they did not tick that I did not have financial resources to pay my fees or to travel because I already proved those ones by paying my fees and booking my ticket

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

It was over 8 million. They only ticked that I do not have enough and available financial resources for upkeep. It was not my bank statement because I was just 17. What are the other reasons you can brainstorm? because I can't think of any other reason. Note that they did not tick that I did not have financial resources to pay my fees or to travel because I already proved those ones by paying my fees and booking my ticket
Its good u gave this figure, because I won't wanna go with the earlier assumption u made about ur bank statement not valid..

What has proven to have worked for undergraduates is a 2-digit Bank statement, becos the financial burden for them is more unlike the post graduates. So my dear, u need to increase ur balance, atleast from 12m upwards..

Lastly, I am not justifying presenting a statement over a month, bt if ur app meet what they are looking for and an updated bank statement is the only issue, they will usually ask u to supply it from experience. But as long as this reason is not on the generic reasons for refusal, it cannot be an outright reason for refusal.

I hope u get me.

Cheers, and goodluck with ur re-fire!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
Its good u gave this figure, because I won't wanna go with the earlier assumption u made about ur bank statement not valid..

What has proven to have worked for undergraduates is a 2-digit Bank statement, becos the financial burden for them is more unlike the post graduates. So my dear, u need to increase ur balance, atleast from 12m upwards..

Lastly, I am not justifying presenting a statement over a month, bt if ur app meet what they are looking for and an updated bank statement is the only issue, they will usually ask u to supply it from experience. But as long as this reason is not on the generic reasons for refusal, it cannot be an outright reason for refusal.

I hope u get me.

Yeah thank you very much! God bless u. I just refired with a bank statement of over 20 million. And all the same documents.the only new thing I added is my scholarship letter from my school. I hope it works out this time. By Gods grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Habeeb521(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Siga:
... Guys be very careful when picking Agents or what not.... 2 students were refused at POE last month just cos the Agent they used gave them fake admission letters and also ate their tuition... Just cos ur Agent gave u admission letter and u used it to secure VISA does not mean u shouldnt do due diligence to contact the school urself to verify ur admission... Well... the got turned back and back in Naija right now...
long time no see brother. hope is all well with you and your family
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

Yeah thank you very much! God bless u. I just refired with a bank statement of over 20 million. And all the same documents.the only new thing I added is my scholarship letter from my school. I hope it works out this time. By Gods grace
Go and start packing...Btw what school are u going to? See u in Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
Go and start packing...Btw what school are u going to? See u in Canada...

Amen. I'm Going to Uwinnipeg! Are you already in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

Amen. I'm Uwinnipeg! Are you already in Canada?
Nope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:
Nope.
but you've applied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
justwise:
Canadian student visa thread part 9 is here as we have come to the end of part 8.

Part 8 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8

A big thank you to all the contributors, really appreciate your contributions and good luck to all TRV hopefuls.

Thank you

Hello justwise... Please am in need of an advice and I feel your in the best position. I just graduated from one of the federal universities in Nigeria, I read Computer science(Second class upper), I intend doing my masters in Canada as soon as l finish my NYSC, but here's the problem...
I am preparing to take an English proficiency test (TOEFL) early next year, but I received a mail from the university I intend going for masters stipulating that " If the medium of instruction of your previous degree
was exclusively English, you will not be required to
submit the results of an English Language Proficiency
Test."... Does this mean I do not need take the TOEFL exam?
And I hope it doesn't affect my visa application negatively?

Thanks justwise..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:

I hope u get me.

hello just trying to terll u based on ur financial statement is not about present money but the way money comes into the account dat matters most my sis applied with 2m and they gave her so try and use good sponsorship account ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
osexce:

Thanks for your reply. The information is very helpful.
Since my account statement matters cos am working. Does it matter how much balance I have on my statement of account? Will a balance of less than 250k reduce my chances. (Even when I have a sponsor)
For how many years have u been working? 500k to 750k should be okay and if you have any assets documents like cars. Building or landed property you can include it in your application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Does any one know about the city of Brandon whether na correct area in terms of job?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sammypraise: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
berexio1:

dear NL's
my reason for denial
1. travel history
2. family ties in canada and in country of residence
3. purpose of vist
4. personal asset and financial status

My account ballance in the salary account for this month now, is less than 20k, thou my sponsors account ballance as at july is 14m
i want to attach one or two of my fathers landed property Agreement doc, and lay out thou not the c. of O, i hope am doing the right thing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Hello justwise... Please am in need of an advice and I feel your in the best position. I just graduated from one of the federal universities in Nigeria, I read Computer science(Second class upper), I intend doing my masters in Canada as soon as l finish my NYSC, but here's the problem...
I am preparing to take an English proficiency test (TOEFL) early next year, but I received a mail from the university I intend going for masters stipulating that " If the medium of instruction of your previous degree
was exclusively English, you will not be required to
submit the results of an English Language Proficiency
Test."... Does this mean I do not need take the TOEFL exam?
And I hope it doesn't affect my visa application negatively?

Thanks justwise..

So u believe its only oga Justwise that can answer your question. You should have pmd him. As a Nigerian graduate you don't need to write toefl to get admission and trv to Canada. Countless of guys here have gotten their admission and trv without any English test. You don't even believe the mail your proposed school sent to you. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 03, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 04, 2015
metrecube:

So u believe its only oga Justwise that can answer your question. You should have pmd him. As a Nigerian graduate you don't need to write toefl to get admission and trv to Canada. Countless of guys here have gotten their admission and trv without any English test. You don't even believe the mail your proposed school sent to you. All the best.

Highly appreciated... No vex I still be jJc... Thanks once again!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 12:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Sammypraise:

dear NL's
my reason for denial
1. travel history
2. family ties in canada and in country of residence
3. purpose of vist
4. personal asset and financial status

My account ballance in the salary account for this month now, is less than 20k, thou my sponsors account ballance as at july is 14m
i want to attach one or two of my fathers landed property Agreement doc, and lay out thou not the c. of O, i hope am doing the right thing?
Focus on the 2 bolded points...u av been working, so they expect you to show some assets..What program are you going for? and what did u study at undergraduate level...I cant say much, u need to lay down ur profile for the house to examine..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thomby2k12(m): 12:37am On Nov 04, 2015
Submitted: 28th August, 2015; Biometrics - 31st August 2015; online ; Brandon University; Masters

Khalesi:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER - JAN 2016)

S/N -- Moniker -- Date Of Submission -- Mode Of Submission -- Institution -- Level Of Study -- Status

1. Abigeh -- August 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
2. Oluseyiman -- August 24 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
3. Morgan2006 -- August 27 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
4. Favourities101 -- September 3 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
5. Lakusi -- September 7 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
6. Aigbogun01 -- September 9 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
7. Oboh -- September 14 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
8. Orhfor1 -- September 15 -- Paper -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS -- TRV cheesy
9. Khalesi -- September 26 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- TRV cheesy
10. EmmaMSC -- October 2 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
12. thesojBro -- October 5 -- Online -- Conestoga -- PGD
13. Dotmons -- October 6 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Sc
14. Beyeta -- October 7 -- Online -- UWindsor -- M.Sc
15. Obiscolly -- October 10 -- Online --- UManitoba -- M.Sc
16. Ikem01-- October 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
17. Olamitunposi -- October 14 -- Paper -- Vancouver Island Uni -- PGD
18. Ajaereogechi-- July 21 -- Paper-- Georgian College -- TRV cheesy
19.Minimicro03 -- August 11 -- Online -- Conestoga College -- TRV cheesy
20. Thefavouredgirl -- August 19 -- Paper -- Conestoga College -- TRV cheesy
21. Fexy50 -- October 23 --Paper -- Thompson Rivers University --PGD
22. Ohavees -- October 23 -- Paper -- Lambton College -- PGD
23. Zionplace -- October 11 -- Online -- McGill Uni -- PhD
24. Brvheart -- June 22 -- -- TRV cheesy
25. Dozlion -- August 5 -- -- Msc/PhD Research -- TRV cheesy
26. Igwenunsa -- October 20 -- Paper -- Conestoga -- PGD
27. Ugonnachimezie -- October 19 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
28. Onyxpebbles -- October 15 -- Paper -- Mun -- PGD
29. Juliusagwua -- September 8 -- Paper -- Seneca Col -- Diploma
30. Oluseyiman -- August 24 -- Paper -- PGD
31. Kawy -- September 14 -- Paper -- uOttawa -- MSc -- TRV cheesy
32. Yemology -- September 22 -- Paper -- Fanshawe College --
33. Nyquist -- August 19 -- URegina -- MEng -- TRV cheesy

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information below:

*Submission date*
*Institution*
*Mode of submission: Online/Paper*
*Level of study*

**UPDATED**
Congratulations to all TRV munchers, good luck to all hopefuls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2015
ohaveez:

First bank...#200 for 1 USD so they will do it in CAD equivalent in the process of the payment.

There is a better and cheaper way.
Form "A form"uses CAD dollars conversion.
Rate is around N152 to 1 CAD dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toocute4uall(f): 2:31am On Nov 04, 2015
Hi everyone
I was just hoping someone might be able to help me with my question on applying for study permit together with spouse and 3 kids. Not really seen anything along d line. How much do we need to show or anyone with similar experience. Thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 2:34am On Nov 04, 2015
yemology:
yes oooo pls send ur mail my siblings are going

I'm going as well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 2:34am On Nov 04, 2015
Beyeta:

going to UofWindsor too for Jan 2016

Same here. What course?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 2:44am On Nov 04, 2015
Please Guys, can you use a relative Bank Statement of Account just to increase your chances of getting a Visa, even though the person might not necessarily sponsor you while you are abroad?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PumpkinJack: 3:35am On Nov 04, 2015
Hey guys,

Someone please guide me through. I am from India.

My wife got an admission in manitoba for masters studies.

She did her upfront medical test and will be applying for study permit shortly.

I would like to accompany her on open work permit.

Is it safe to apply together or apply after she get her study permit approved.?

We have a 16 month baby. We are planning to take her once I get job in Canada.

Can someone guide me through the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by donnard: 4:58am On Nov 04, 2015
Hi guys can someone help! I have had my medicals over 4 weeks now and was tracking my application yesterday and noticed that my application has been process since 28/10/15 and I have not receive any conformation email or refusal email. I have been worried since then, is there anyone on here that have similar problem, if you can advise because am confuse as ever, I don't know what's my faith at moment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 6:01am On Nov 04, 2015
Pls I printed my Statement of Account and my bank used black and white printer. D bank logo didn't come out coloured (FCMB). Any effect pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2015
manny14:

I'm going as well
send me ur no

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.