Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037045 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 7:28am On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:
[b]

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS MOST MERCIFUL
My Profile
Age: 30|Profession: Programmer | Employer: Bank | Program: Master of Applied Computing | Institution: University of Windsor | Passport: virgin | travel history: None| number of attempt: 1: | Sponsor relationship: Cousin
Document Submitted:
• Conditional Admission letter
• Tuition Deposit of CAD 4000 Receipt
• Police report
• Very strong SOP (I can paste it here if permitted)
• My Resume (very Attractive)
• Marriage Certificate
• Son’s Birth Certificate (My dearest Son)
• Marriage Picture (lovely portrait of me and my beautiful wife, Aduke)
• Undergraduate Certificate
• Academic Transcript
• WAEC Certificate
• Microsoft Certification Certificates
• Workshop and Training Certificates
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Sponsorship Letter (My Sponsor indicated that as part of his own commitment he has transferred 3M into my account)
• Employment and Confirmation Letter of Sponsor (Basic Salary: USD 75K)
• Sponsor SOA (Total Debit/Credit: 29M, Bal:8M)
• Sponsor Land picture and Document (property worth over 30M)
• Sponsor 3 month pay slip
• Letter of Introduction from my employer (Stating my intention to study and indicating my annual Pay of 4.6M)
• Employment and Confirmation Letter
• My ID card and Call Card
• My 3 month pays slip
• My Pension Statement (Bal: 458k)
• My Salary SOA (Total Credit/debit: 12M, Bal: 286K)
• My Savings SOA (Total Credit/debit: 8M, Bal: 3.9M)

I give thanks to almighty Allah for giving me two prayer warriors; my mom and wife, they have been very supportive and encouraging.
Also, my agent, NAIRALANDERS, they have been very supportive and unselfish.
My Timeline goes by:
Application submitted: 18th September
Biometric: Biometric 21st September
Medical Call: 28th October
Medical Done: 30th October
Medical Pass: 7th of Nov.
Passport Request: 12th of Nov
Passport Submitted: 13th of Nov
Passport Dispatch and pick mail: 17th of November

In harrysong voice
Oya..after the Visa share good news ..good news good news......
[/b]
congrats Bro.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2015
After my sisters Trv I decide to make sure my brother too go over there. But he only has Neco. So I have been battling with Uni that accept neco and doesn't require part payment before visa application. I mail and called up to 13 schools and yes I got a deal with Dalhousie University . Am only saying this so that any one who have similar problem won't need to stress much just go over to Dalhousie University and fill your application. Wish all Trv hopeful success

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freezingus: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
I went for medicals at IOM, sadly I was told they were all booked till Monday next week, I also went to Quality of life in Victoria Island same story, I had to travel back without fulfilling my mission. Doing this costs money, I believe the VO should understand our plight, it is saddening calling people for medicals if they won't be given, so so infuriating.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ManTiger(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2015
freezingus:
I went for medicals at IOM, sadly I was told they were all booked till Monday next week, I also went to Quality of life in Victoria Island same story, I had to travel back without fulfilling my mission. Doing this costs money, I believe the VO should understand our plight, it is saddening calling people for medicals if they won't be given, so so infuriating.
Next time, visit Children Practice at falomo, get their on time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2015
...... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Please house I have this pressing issue:
>> Ticket Price: please what is the average ticket price from Lagos to Windsor
>> The expiration date on my passport is 02-Feb-2017 and that is exactly the expiration date on the Visa issued. I thought they were meant to give me temporary resident visa (like 3-6 months) then at the point of entry I would be issued Student Visa…..but I was given (16 months )visa that will expiry the same day my passport expires….
>> Accommodation: I need advice on very cheap and conducive accommodation. I wouldn’t mind sharing room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2015
Hmmm..... X3 of my cousins were recently victim of refusal after medical passed. Funny enough they had thought their application was perfectly OK but the last one cos they were 4 in numbers who had thought his application wasn't properly packaged got his Trv approved yesterday and he didn't pay any tuition deposit neither did he included his personal statement of account. Though our big uncle provided his account with a balance of 13m. Wonders shall never end!
To all trv hopefuls, pls keep your faith strong. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:
>> The expiration date on my passport is 02-Feb-2017 and that is exactly the expiration date on the Visa issued. I thought they were meant to give me temporary resident visa (like 3-6 months) then at the point of entry I would be issued Student Visa…..but I was given (16 months )visa that will expiry the same day my passport expires….
>> Accommodation: I need advice on very cheap and conducive accommodation. I wouldn’t mind sharing room.

Please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BlackXtar: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:
[b][/b]

Please help

Ticket: I would say around N100,000 plus from Lagos to Windsor. I checked cause I am heading there too.

Accommodation: you can check the site kijiji to find accommodation

Congratulation on getting your trv.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2015
BlackXtar:

Ticket: I would say around N100,000 plus from Lagos to Windsor. I checked cause I am heading there too.

Accommodation: you can check the site kijiji to find accommodation

Congratulation on getting your trv.

100K plus ke!! an Agent just told me now that it is 256K...
please link me up as per the ticket abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2015
ajaereogechi:
well u r welcome.

Please i need ur advice/help on this

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hie turkish air line, depature is on the 9th of dec is 155k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
ManTiger:
Please let's have the list of TRV hopefuls to be able to track the movement and foster relationship between people who are heading the same way.

TRV hopeful here. Applied Oct. 14th, Medicals done Nov. 4th via paper route.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
browse most of the Canadian school and contact there graduate programm coordinator, That will confrim to you if they can admit you or not.

best of Luck.

crest2j:
Hello NL,
Am lukin for uni in Canada to do master degree dat accept
third class. plz anybody with d info should reply me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
WESTERNCR:
Hmmm..... X3 of my cousins were recently victim of refusal after medical passed. Funny enough they had thought their application was perfectly OK but the last one cos they were 4 in numbers who had thought his application wasn't properly packaged got his Trv approved yesterday and he didn't pay any tuition deposit neither did he included his personal statement of account. Though our big uncle provided his account with a balance of 13m. Wonders shall never end!
To all trv hopefuls, pls keep your faith strong. It is well.

I don't just get it, refusing visa after one would have done medicals. Tot medical call was a 99% assurance one is getting the TRV. God help us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
ajaereogechi:
Hie turkish air line, depature is on the 9th of dec is 155k

Please, are you sure about this price? Cause all am seeing online is about 400k plus. Please, do share the link here so we all can benefit from this. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bobbieydeey: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
expertman:
After my sisters Trv I decide to make sure my brother too go over there. But he only has Neco. So I have been battling with Uni that accept neco and doesn't require part payment before visa application. I mail and called up to 13 schools and yes I got a deal with Dalhousie University . Am only saying this so that any one who have similar problem won't need to stress much just go over to Dalhousie University and fill your application. Wish all Trv hopeful success
how much is their fees for undergrads
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:

Lol where u wan see flight wey dey go canada for 100k when no be say na UK u dey go..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rsavvy: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hello bro, congrats

About your visa...you're always given the same time as your course plus a few months which is the duration of your study permit as well
About accommodation my advise is to go early of you can find someone to manage with and secure a room in a few days. my experience with kijiji is landlords don't like foreign enquiry and will want you to be on ground on a face to face.
For flight pls follow with the 155k its very likely through a flight agent even though I prefer booking directly with the airline the price difference through an agent can be up to 100 to 150k ...
Also if you planning to bring your family ...start looking into sowp and pnp route to PR after your masters
Safe
paparazzi1987:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
It doesn't mean u re automatically denied, We have seen a case of TRV approval without medical. Keep your hope and faith intact bro

i pray God do the best in your case

yemology:
thanks I will God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
CAD$100 is 16575 naira...40k is outrageous

Ziggarrr:
Chai 40k plenty o.....I go ask bank shaa....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BlackXtar: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:

Here is a linkhttp://www.cheapflights.com.ng/search/flights-to-Windsor/from-Lagos/departing-2015-12-01/

You can also get offers from your agent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
Bobbieydeey:
how much is their fees for undergrads

Hi there,

Wonderful! I’m glad to know this information is helpful smiley

Studying biology at Dalhousie would be a great choice, especially if your brother hopes to attend medical school one day. Firstly, I want to make sure that you and your brother are aware that in Canada, students do not enter medical school directly after high school. In Canada (as in the United States), students must study at the undergraduate (Bachelor's degree) level prior to applying to any Canadian medical school. The amount of time a student must study at the undergraduate level prior to being admitted to medical school varies and depends on individual medical schools across the country, however, to enter Dalhousie's Medical School, all students must obtain a full, four year degree, in any discipline (though most are Bachelor of Science graduates). Undergraduate degrees are four years, and medical school is a minimum of four years, plus additional years depending on your area of specialization. This totals to a minimum of 8 years before a student can become a medical doctor.

It is also important to note that most medical schools in Canada give admissions preference to permanent residents or citizens of Canada, although some (including Dalhousie’s medical school) will accept a limited amount of international applicants. Therefore, it is extremely important that your brother works very hard to achieve very high grades (for example, a student interested in gaining admission to Dalhousie’s medical school should have a minimum GPA of 3.7 or better in the last 2 years of their undergraduate degree, as well as meet the other requirements – including MCAT scores and others – outlined by the medical school in order to have a good shot at being admitted).

As such, your brother’s first step is to obtain his undergraduate degree. Entering Dalhousie's Bachelor of Science (BSc) program, and majoring in Biology, would certainly prepare him well for going on to further study in medicine or in other subjects.

In order to be academically admissible to the Bachelor of Science program, your brother should be taking the following courses:

English, Math (at the pre-calculus or calculus level), and 3 other courses (in any academic subject). Grades in these 5 courses should be a C5, C4 or better.

If and when your brother is ready to apply, he can do so by doing the following:

1.            Go to www.dal.ca/applynow and fill out the application form. It’s quite quick and easy and does not require essays/resumes/statements of intent, letters of recommendation, or SAT scores. April 1 is the application deadline for international students entering the Bachelor of Science program. Please note that your brother would apply to the “Bachelor of Science” program on the application—during his first year, he would then be welcome to officially declare his major in Biology.

2.            Pay the $70 CAD application fee (payable on the last page of the dal.ca/applynow application)

3.            Arrange for your brother’s guidance counselor or school administrator to send his official high school transcripts to Dalhousie via fax to 1-902-494-1630, OR by mail to: Registrar's Office, Dalhousie University, 6299 South St., PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS Canada B3H 4R2. We can also access his grades via his NECO data.
•        Please note: If your brother’s transcript is not in English, please arrange for a translated copy as well as the original to be sent to Dalhousie.
•        If English is not your brother’s first language, or if he has not studied in an English speaking high school for at least 3 years, he will need to send us a TOEFL or IELTS score. (TOEFL: minimum score of 90; IELTS: minimum score of 6.5).

You had also asked about the tuition and fees payment schedule. Students must pay roughly half of their yearly costs usually during the 3rd week of September, and then pay the remaining half in mid-January. The yearly cost (including tuition and fees, books and supplies, living in on-campus residences with a meal plan, and international student health insurance) is roughly $30,000 CAD. For more specific information on costs, please visit www.dal.ca/moneymatters and click on the Tuition and Fee Calculator. You can also see exact residence costs at www.dal.ca/residence and by clicking on Halifax residences.

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Wishing you all the best,
Kelly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
paparazzi1987:
Hello, congratulations on ur TRV.... Remember the thread does not permit the way you post this format online.... It's abusive, if anybody request for sponsorship format or sop, they should PM you, than to be posting it here,please try to make correction, We have some V.O spy's here watching.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yemology(f): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
It doesn't mean u re automatically denied, We have seen a case of TRV approval without medical. Keep your hope and faith intact bro

i pray God do the best in your case

amen going there tommorw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
dotmons:

Please, are you sure about this price? Cause all am seeing online is about 400k plus. Please, do share the link here so we all can benefit from this. Thanks
yes I am sure.wakanow.com.its turkish airline departure. 9th of dec.los to toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lexyj123(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
31 days after medical done, no response from CIC. paper route, is this normal??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
omooba2015:

Hello, congratulations on ur TRV.... Remember the thread does not permit the way you post this format online.... It's abusive, if anybody request for sponsorship format or sop, they should PM you, than to be posting it here,please try to make correction, We have some V.O spy's here watching.... Thanks

Noted with thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
dotmons:

yes I am sure.wakanow.com.its turkish airline departure. 9th of dec.los to toronto

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
dotmons:

yes I am sure.wakanow.com.its turkish airline departure. 9th of dec.los to toronto just check andd there is no direct flight from Los to canada

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
I believe your SOR should be able to suffice for unofficial transcript so as for the propose school to offer you conditional admission which you can then send them your official transcript in other to send your admission letter.

best of Luck

burrytee:
Hello house. Av bn going thru the trend for checklist on trv.I know all schools dnt given out transcript anyhow.pls hw can someone afford to have d transcript for these seek or is it the certified copy they are referring to here.ur response is highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.