Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037551 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
afolaseg:

pls i want to reapply for a new course in a another province and school.. pls can i change course and school from the one i use in my first application to another province? from business certificate in saskpolytech to Information Technology Business Analysis - Operations (Graduate Certificate) in conestoga ? pls am confused so that it will not affect my new application. Pls help.

Sure u can apply for another course.....new apps are always treated as new.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hello everyone smiley I'm preparing to start my application via online route. My sponsors are my parents whose names are on my birth certificate. Please is it necessary to include their marriage certificate? My agent is insisting on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mizbaby:
Hello everyone smiley I'm preparing to start my application via online route. My sponsors are my parents whose names are on my birth certificate. Please is it necessary to include their marriage certificate? My agent is insisting on it.
Ofcourse you can include it to your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Sure u can apply for another course.....new apps are always treated as new.

Thanks Ayooluwatoni, may God always bless you the more.. but will i have to add the CUI number i got in my delayed letter in the new visa application form?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
paparazzi1987:

I do not think bank has stopped PTA because i got 4000 USD through PTA on Friday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hello peeps!!!
My brother got the passport request notice today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a very complex applicant with no funds of his own (absolute zero), no employment letter (he was self-employed but he made very little from it and didn't register the company), and zero travel history outside West Africa. But we worked hard to get the VO to see that he wasn't lazying about since he finished BSc about five years ago. We put together a really good application (with lots of proof) in spite of the complexity of his application, and apparently the VO was impressed. But let's wait until we see the visa sha.... I previously discussed his application here and here and here.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kriss77: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
Hello peeps!!!

He is a very complex applicant with no funds of his own (absolute zero), no employment letter (he was self-employed but he made very little from it and didn't register the company), and zero travel history outside West Africa. But we worked hard to get the VO to see that he wasn't lazying about since he finished BSc about five years ago. We put together a really good application (with lots of proof) in spite of the complexity of his application, and apparently the VO was impressed. But let's wait until we see the visa sha.... I previously discussed his application here and here.

Wow!!!! Congrats to him.
Pls wen did he submit? And was via paper or online?
Wen was d time he did medicals and wen was he called to submit his pp?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Thanks.
Online route. Upfront medicals.
Submitted Oct 5
Biometrics Oct 6
Medical Passed Nov 6
Passport Request Nov 24

Kriss77:
Wow!!!! Congrats to him.
Pls wen did he submit? And was via paper or online?
Wen was d time he did medicals and wen was he called to submit his pp?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
Hello peeps!!!

He is a very complex applicant with no funds of his own (absolute zero), no employment letter (he was self-employed but he made very little from it and didn't register the company), and zero travel history outside West Africa. But we worked hard to get the VO to see that he wasn't lazying about since he finished BSc about five years ago. We put together a really good application (with lots of proof) in spite of the complexity of his application, and apparently the VO was impressed. But let's wait until we see the visa sha.... I previously discussed his application here and here and here.

Congrats bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
burrytee:
Hello house. can anyone just reference me to the straight step to the application page after going through the www.cic.gc.ca .am not getting it right even while seeing the GCkeylogin or wotever.thank you

Hello you can go through this detailed post by ChriGo. Its a step by step instruction on online route:
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72#19290079.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lboogy: 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
I appiled on the 2nd of Oct and got medical request mail today. I intend to go to Children' s practice on Thursday . Please what do I expect at the hospital as per what kind of test will be conducted and how long will it take CIC to contact me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
afolaseg:

Thanks Ayooluwatoni, may God always bless you the more.. but will i have to add the CUI number i got in my delayed letter in the new visa application form?
Yes u can have just 1 uci number, so you will always include ur uci number. Then u must also declare all visa refusals.....but none of that will reduce ur chances..... Just be sure you plan it well, and there's progression in ur academic trajectory.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lboogy:
I appiled on the 2nd of Oct and got medical request mail today. I intend to go to Children' s practice on Thursday . Please what do I expect at the hospital as per what kind of test will be conducted and how long will it take CIC to contact me.
Lol, u never do medical exam u don dey ask when cic will contact u....funny somebody. Consultant Practice is cool, just take a chilling pill, to relax ur bp. You will do X-ray, blood and urine test, see doctor and do E-medicals. I think it takes 1 week to send ur result to CIC, but I can't tell how long it will take cic to contact u......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pinkettot(f): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
2nd time applying. Submitted Sept 9, medical mail. Nov 5 medical done. Nov 10. Approval mail. Nov 24. Thanking God for his mercies. Documents. Admission letter, my dad's SOA which is his retirement pension fund 7m+ and his saving acct which is less than 3m , fees receipt,nysc employment letter, C of O of our house, fam pics, my dad shares, and sponsorship affidavit from my dad. Transcripts..., statement of result. Am so grateful to God, with lots of prayers too. So yes u can use pension fund as SOA.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lboogy: 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Lol, u never do medical exam u don dey ask when cic will contact u....funny somebody. Consultant Practice is cool, just take a chilling pill, to relax ur bp. You will do X-ray, blood and urine test, see doctor and do E-medicals. I think it takes 1 week to send ur result to CIC, but I can't tell how long it will take cic to contact u......

Lol. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
afolaseg:

pls i want to reapply for a new course in a another province and school.. pls can i change course and school from the one i use in my first application to another province? from business certificate in saskpolytech to Information Technology Business Analysis - Operations (Graduate Certificate) in conestoga ? pls am confused so that it will not affect my new application. Pls help.

Yes... You can apply to many schools, as much the schools have designating No. And more also your u.g course relate to the course you going for...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
Hello peeps!!!

Congrats man! Can only imagine how convincing the application was. Well deserved!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
Hello peeps!!!

Wow... I love your courage.... Congratulations to your brother...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JackOfAllTrades: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hi guys,

Is it compulsory for prospective students to book return tickets? I'm going for a one year pgd programme.

Thesoj

Berexio1

EmmaMsc

Ayooluwatoni

Iyaejima
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Aitte..The good news already loaded over this page. Congrats thesoj,pinkettot and every other person who got a positive update. More to come...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
iykedare:
Hi guys,

Is it compulsory for prospective students to book return tickets? I'm going for a one year pgd programme.

Thesoj

Berexio1

The only reason u should book a return ticket is if it is cheaper than 1 way..If not book ur 1 way and enjoy ur trip!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
IyaEjima:

It's all about grace dear. Grace makes it easy. Pay depends on where u work. Some Unis pays grad stds $20-24/hr based on CUPE standards, off camp $11-15/hr.. Flight fare- 180k when I travelled.

Return ticket or one way?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
@berexio1 @omooba2015 @obiscolly @EmmaMsc Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ussd: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=thesoj post=40364101]Hello peeps!!!

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
GreatHorizon:

Please what school can you recommend for Bsc nursing in Canada for someone with RN here in Nigeria?
Also what is the estimated duration and cost implications.
Would one need to also take the English course here before going for the Bsc?

Thank you
GreatHorizon:

Please what school can you recommend for Bsc nursing in Canada for someone with RN here in Nigeria?

Thank you
GreatHorizon:

Thank you
Niagara University(Mississauga,ON) is good, some others may be better(google). It takes 4 good years to obtain a BSc.N cert.with an annual tuition fee of about CAD$14,000 ( total yearly expenses of about CAD$34,000). There are easier ways to get the BSc.N like taking a PGD(speciality) course 1st... You dnt need an Eng.Lang.Exam becos ur RN language of instruction was Eng.Lang. I hope this helps? Regards! Success to all NL TRV hopefuls. This mnth, we shall testify of positive results in Jesus name,AMEN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Please I need help ooo. Can anyone help me with accommodation at Prince George in British Columbia. I need a room between 350 and 500 CAD a month, my admission is for winter 2016. If that's gonna be difficult, pls i won't mind getting a roof over my head for 1 or 2 days for me to secure an accommodation of my own.....about my sex, on this issue I'm a female....lol. please help a sister out plssssss.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hello house I have a small problem, I did my Medicals on Wednesday, Nov 18 and since then I haven't heard from Cic if i passed. Since I started reading the thread people get updates in two days most times... So I have been a little bit worried. I called the hospital I did my Medicals at today and they informed me they submitted mine on Saturday, 21st November. Pls has anyone experienced this? Please gurus in the house help me with this. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
thesoj:
Hello peeps!!!

It's Party time...... we go dance skelewu and azonto...lols. Congratulobiaaaaaa....
So happy for your brother... before it was your sister, now your brother.....I hope u won't disappear now o....or do you still av another bro/sis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
ayooluwatoni:
Please I need help ooo. Can anyone help me with accommodation at Prince George in British Columbia. I need a room between 350 and 500 CAD a month, my admission is for winter 2016. If that's gonna be difficult, pls i won't mind getting a roof over my head for 1 or 2 days for me to secure an accommodation of my own.....about my sex, on this issue I'm a female....lol. please help a sister out plssssss.
Thanks
Lol.So u are 1 of the females disguising as male? Nairaland says ur male and you're saying u're female. Who do we believe? Abi u be transgender?**jokes**

Try get a friend who schools there. Am sure they can help with a day or 2 while u visit the prospective areas for accomodation or betterstill lodge for a day with dinner. I think its cheap around same price here for hotel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
ikem01:
Hello house I have a small problem, I did my Medicals on Wednesday, Nov 18 and since then I haven't heard from Cic if i passed. Since I started reading the thread people get updates in two days most times... So I have been a little bit worried. I called the hospital I did my Medicals at today and they informed me they submitted mine on Saturday, 21st November. Pls has anyone experienced this? Please gurus in the house help me with this. Thank you

Oga u don't have any problem.....don't compare your application with other people's. I didn't hear anything from cic for over 1 month after I did medicals. You'll just be fine....just do your best to deal with the tension.....I know it's not easy, and start shopping for flights and accommodation, because once u get medical passed, u're gonna get passport request and then approval mail......so just start preparing.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
berexio1:
Lol.So u are 1 of the females disguising as male? Nairaland says ur male and you're saying u're female. Who do we believe? Abi u be transgender?**jokes**

Try get a friend who schools there. Am sure they can help with a day or 2 while u visit the prospective areas for accomodation or betterstill lodge for a day with dinner. I think its cheap around same price here for hotel.

Ahahaha....no be so jare, trying to help a shy friend out. Dunno anyone there, that's why I'm asking on NL ooo.... Hotel is gonna be expensive na? Or dont you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.