Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037420 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olujastro: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2015
It seems getting MSc admission into Canadian Universities is a 'big deal'. I've applied to two schools now but wasn't admitted; UofManitoba(Mech Eng.) & UofRegina(Pet. Eng). I wouldn't know what they really want but I know those are at least not the top five ranked schools in Canada for which makes me wonder why they reject like that. After coming up with a good SOP, academic references, CGPA of 4.2/5.0 (Mech Eng), meticulously filling their application forms; One wonders what they really from me again! Them jus dey wack my $100 sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyxpebbles: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=thesoj post=40364101]Hello peeps!!!
My brother got the passport request notice today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bad Bro!... Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Congrats to ur bro. Abeg when did u bro submit. Is it paper or online route

[quote author=onyxpebbles post=40385103][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by MideAtkins(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
goodday Nlanders please I really need your advice and quick response on this
I was denied last week due to personal asset and financial status. am reapplying next month so I want to ask
1: if I can use my last medical as an upfront medical for my new application? if YES how can my medical result get to the embassy cus it will be a paper application.
2: like I said earlier I was denied because of my personal asset and financial status. my uncle is my sponsor and a SOA of #9.2m. so I will submit the documents of a building I inherited as my personal asset so how much can I have in my personal account for my own SOA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yes...I paid for two schools last month and they charge me that same amount.

gabrola:
are u sure? cos wen i paid for my application fee in July, dey charged me around 179naira per cad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tkel(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
MideAtkins:
I was denied last week due to personal asset and financial status. am reapplying next month so I want to ask
1: if I can use my last medical as an upfront medical for my new application? if YES how can my medical result get to the embassy cus it will be a paper application.
2: like I said earlier I was denied because of my personal asset and financial status. my uncle is my sponsor and a SOA of #9.2m. so I will submit the documents of a building I inherited as my personal asset so how much can I have in my personal account for my own SOA?
1. Yes u can. Medicals is valid for a year. You just submit the medical sheet given to u after u did ur medicals that contains ur IME number and other pertinent information. CIC will use that to locate ur medicals on their server.
2.Let's have a look at ur profile, what u submitted and all in order to advise u better. Adding ur property document and statement of account is a plus and will work to ur advantage. You might want to keep ur SOA up to 1million naira if u can.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
You are still enjoying the state. You can't shout but whisper.

ayooluwatoni:

Thank you boss......but I never go Canny o grin....just playing around for now. Lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
olujastro:
It seems getting MSc admission into Canadian Universities is a 'big deal'. I've applied to two schools now but wasn't admitted; UofManitoba(Mech Eng.) & UofRegina(Pet. Eng). I wouldn't know what they really want but I know those are at least not the top five ranked schools in Canada for which makes me wonder why they reject like that. After coming up with a good SOP, academic references, CGPA of 4.2/5.0 (Mech Eng), meticulously filling their application forms; One wonders what they really from me again! Them jus dey wack my $100 sha..
You are very funny bro. Are u applying for Msc or Meng? Most schools may want you to get supervisor first before they can admit u if u apply for MSc. U studied mechanical engineering in undergraduate why going for petroleum engineering. Also ur last two years gpa is very important in admission processing. Do not relent bro. Keep trying u gonna get admitted soon. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fexy50(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders, please am worried, I submitted my app on 23rd oct, did biometrics same day. My problem is each time I try to track my application same message I always see, it hasn't change from the beginning "ur app is been process in accra...." though ve gotten a medical mail and I ve done d medicals to, please someone should clarify me on these

Paper route
Thompson Rivers University BC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Congratulation

pinkettot:
2nd time applying. Submitted Sept 9, medical mail. Nov 5 medical done. Nov 10. Approval mail. Nov 24. Thanking God for his mercies. Documents. Admission letter, my dad's SOA which is his retirement pension fund 7m+ and his saving acct which is less than 3m , fees receipt,nysc employment letter, C of O of our house, fam pics, my dad shares, and sponsorship affidavit from my dad. Transcripts..., statement of result. Am so grateful to God, with lots of prayers too. So yes u can use pension fund as SOA.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Congratulations to you and your family. Though I don't see you leaving the trend soon but i Believe someone else will take over from you when the time to leave come.

All the best Man.

thesoj:
Thanks bro. Well, this thread has helped my family immeasurably! And I'm thankful I've been able to give back as well. I will eventually disappear but it will be gradual... I think I got addicted after being on here for so long, so I won't be completely absent yet. I've also been thinking about putting together some "how-to" PDFs for this thread but it depends on if/when time permits.

Thanks bro. Hmm... I no be genius o smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
fexy50:
Hello fellow nairalanders, please am worried, I submitted my app on 23rd oct, did biometrics same day. My problem is each time I try to track my application same message I always see, it hasn't change from the beginning "ur app is been process in accra...." though ve gotten a medical mail and I ve done d medicals to, please someone should clarify me on these

Paper route
Thompson Rivers University BC

Mr Oga, biko calm down. I understand the waiting is killing and the tension/pressure is unfriendly, but that response u getting is what u should get. Pray not to get anything different until u get ur approval mail. After getting approval mail, the status will change to "dispatched from......". So everything is fine sir, just use the chilling pills and remain positive

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
You are still enjoying the state. You can't shout but whisper.

Ahahaha funny you....lol thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abigeh(f): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
slimslim:
Good morning all, I am writing on behalf of a friend. This is the issue:

please I need suggestions and advice regarding this, submitted application, paper route some 5 weeks ago. Tracked the application after the 3rd week and the information was that the "application is being processed in Ghana". Tried to check the status of the application a week later by tracking and the response is "No record found" and it's been like this till this morning. I initially thought it's was because I am using phone, l was at the cafe yesterday, and it was the same. I even had someone to assist that perhaps I am not picking the correct reference number, but the result is the same. Please what do l do. I have received no communication nor information since I submitted.

I look forward to your suggestions and advice. Many thanks
This happened to me too after i submitted my passport. I dnt think there is any mix up because i was mailed to come get my processed passport days later. Jst be patient, you will b contacted.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by slimslim: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thank you Abigeh. God bless you for this info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
MideAtkins:

No u can't use ur former medical result, except if it was an upfront medicals u did the last time and it was not attached to any ime. But if u had your medicals after medical mail, I'm afraid u may have to do another medical exam, because your old IME to which your result was linked will definitely be different from the new IME u'll be given in ur next app. However if you did your assessment at Consultant practice, they may charge u half of the medical exam fee (14k), and then transfer your old result on the former IME to the new IME, with that you won't do any test again, but just e-medicals.

About ur 2nd question, you need to know that "personal asset and financial status" is totally different from "insufficient funds". People don't understand that fact and hence miss them for each other, thereby tackling the wrong thing. "Insufficient funds" is given when the VO is not satisfied an applicant has enough funds (that is when the closing balance in the SOA submitted is low, or an applicant did not establish relationship with sponsor, or the sponsorship letter/claims is not convincing). In short, it deals with sponsor's finance.

But "personal asset and financial status" mostly does not come alone, comes with purpose of visit and some other nasty/upsetting/annoying reasons. It does not mean an applicant does not have enough finance for his/her study in Canada; that is why u see someone with 20m closing balance still getting refused on "personal asset and financial status" grounds......biko, na one billion VO wan see for hin acct?
So in short, "personal asset and financial status" simply means an applicant's financial standing. Most people that get this kind of reason are those that either claimed they have been working for some time in their application, or have an academic gap in their academic history, without showing proofs (in terms of good personal SOA, personal assets or anything that can show how and what they've been using their salaries for) that they have indeed been working and the job pays well. Or cannot explain what he/she has been actually doing (through a comprehensive Letter of Explanation), even if not in a regular employment, so as not to be perceived as an idle lazy man or woman who just wanna go to Canada in search of a greener pasture.

Please dont mind my long sermon, just sharing my opinion, and I hope it helps.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
olujastro:
Sorry to disappoint you sir, but getting admission is not entirely a function of ur cgpa. And to shock you more, what u consider high cgpa, may actually not be high when you have more than 50 applicants having higher grades and the dept can only take 30 or 40. You can't get into some programs directly, except you go through PGD, because they are too competitive. For some programs, you need to get a supervisor before you can be accepted, if you don't have a supervisor, u won't be accepted. And for some other programs, you just need to put in more effort in your SOP and make sure your referees write something good about you. So try and contact the school/dept before wasting another 100 dollars, ask questions and be sure what they really want.
Don't be discouraged, getting admission is not as difficult as you think......some of us got it at our first attempt.....and come to think of it, my CGPA is lower than yours....lol
Lastly, if you say getting admission is difficult, what will you say about getting visa? So it is too early to be discouraged sir!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=onyxpebbles post=40385103][/quote]

I sight you....been a while here...my NL Sweetpie grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fexy50(m): 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thanks Bro, I guess i need to get the chilling pills
ayooluwatoni:

Mr Oga, biko calm down. I understand the waiting is killing and the tension/pressure is unfriendly, but that response u getting is what u should get. Pray not to get anything different until u get ur approval mail. After getting approval mail, the status will change to "dispatched from......". So everything is fine sir, just use the chilling pills and remain positive

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyxpebbles: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I sight you....been a while here...my NL Sweetpie grin
Yeeeeeaaaaaa!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
My medical just dropped, applied Sept 30

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by splendidbabs: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, i'm new on this forum, I have read previous post, very educating and informative.thanks to everyone that have contributed. My info
Received my admission letter on 28th sept
Apply through paper route on 15th Oct
Medical call on 5th of Nov
Medical done on 9th Nov
Very expectant....
I pray that all TRV hopefuls on this forum smile soon IJN. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
airhunde:
Cool..I guess ur re-applying cos I know this moniker.

I wish u the best!

Online or paper?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BlackXtar: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
airhunde:

That's the start of good news. Hope all goes well for you. I am still waiting for my medical applied 2nd of October

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pinkettot(f): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thanks
ganiyuadeoye:
Congratulation

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pinkettot(f): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
ganiyuadeoye:
Congratulation

. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
BlackXtar:

That's the start of good news. Hope all goes well for you. I am still waiting for my medical applied 2nd of October
What route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BlackXtar: 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
I just saw this now

Visa application, tracking ID..............Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 25/11/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

What does it mean?. I haven't done my medical yet, or is it just my passport that is being sent back to me

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by damisakin(f): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
Finally here to give back,
Am a silent follower i just wanna give back canada visa requires packaging and God's grace.....I tend to follow the visit and student area.....am a student in Canada lethbridge to be precise over 5years now applied online for all family members on visit and they got it, parent, brother already here on study, sister study processing currently the most recent my younger sister age 14years
Applied online Nov 4
Biometric Nov 5
Passport request Nov 23
Doc list
Form and family info schedule a
Birth certificate ,flight itinerary , individual parent letter to support, proof of assest; bank statement shares investment landed documents pays lips any assest u can think of, letter of explanation; letter from her school, purpose of intent of trip, details of person she is accompanying my mum who already had a canada visa, my study permit and passport front page.
When oluwa is involved nothing can change it

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
BlackXtar:
I just saw this now

Visa application, tracking ID..............Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 25/11/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

What does it mean?. I haven't done my medical yet, or is it just my passport that is being sent back to me
That's a refusal bro..I was going to ask why u haven't heard from them since the 2nd Oct. You just have to wait till u are instructed by email for pickups..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
@GloriaNino. I saw ur PM and replied..

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.