Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1030279 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good day Nlanders and gurus. I want to reapply for college and found out two different colleges, which are Lambton and fanshawe, please which is better?

Note: both are for postgraduate course.

Suggestions are highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
olah23:
I applied online and make d payment arounding ending October and I got my LOC middle November after my result has been verified

Hi,I'm also going for the same course but for the May 2016 session. Were you asked to pay Canadian $1000 before your application is processed?

Did you pay your school fees through peertransfer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bheautea: 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hello house! Is der any1 here dat has admission into winnipeg university Manitoba?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kwenu: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
ok house just got admission for my brother in a college CBC but the date which the accptance letter expire is 8 of february. and i m yet to apply for TRV. I got the admission letter on December 30th so most offices were on holidays.

please what can i do in this situation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
kwenu:
ok house just got admission for my brother in a college CBC but the date which the accptance letter expire is 8 of february. and i m yet to apply for TRV. I got the admission letter on December 30th so most offices were on holidays.

Simply request for deferment and get new admission letter with new start date because your visa application process will take 9 weeks or more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
U can read about the both schools online and make better research about them and the course also try analysis the fee and your worth.. cos I personally got LOC from Fanshawe for my MSC which I will b resuming by Sept
Sharonlass10:
Good day Nlanders and gurus. I want to reapply for college and found out two different colleges, which are Lambton and fanshawe, please which is better?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
I was ask to pay 100CAD and which I did b4 my application and LOC could be sent including my transcript. I made d payment with my gtb and was charged 17000. I did the payment of 10000CAD in Jan since my fee is 14600 somtn...I did that thru my bank I requested for Form A. And I was was ask to bring my LOC and passport. quote author=iykedare post=41886516]

Hi,I'm also going for the same course but for the May 2016 session. Were you asked to pay Canadian $1000 before your application is processed?

Did you pay your school fees through peertransfer? [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Bheautea:
Hello house! Is der any1 here dat has admission into winnipeg university Manitoba?

yes. I did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sorry bro, but was the reason for the both refusal? Cos I think u shld ve correct the error from the previous one b4 u go for the second attempt..but I believe God has something great coming
wizzzzzyyyyyyyy:
this is the 2nd time i applied for canada student visa..i applied oct 19 and i was called for medicals on nov 5..after doing medicals,i passed medicals,i got an email today that my passport has been dispatched to vfs office,i went to pick up my documents today and it was denied again.. DENIAL is not the end of life..#STILL THANKFUL FOR LIFE.. wish everyone still expecting their TRV goodluck and i pray its good news...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Futurewiser:

yes. I did.

how long did it take to get admission letter from UoM after submitting your application please....??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bheautea: 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
Futurewiser:

yes. I did.

When were u admitted or are u der now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 12:20am On Jan 12, 2016
Thanks.

olah23:
U can read about the both schools online and make better research about them and the course also try analysis the fee and your worth.. cos I personally got LOC from Fanshawe for my MSC which I will b resuming by Sept
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by secondborn: 4:04am On Jan 12, 2016
Good morning house, please am about to apply for my TRV via paper route. Will the application form be given to me at the Canadian embassy after payment or I need to print the one available on the website? I need someone to kindly explain the processes of paper route. Please your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 4:51am On Jan 12, 2016
i hope this sounds well to those dealing with BTA/PTA issue.
it seems bank will start accepting foreign currency.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/Forex/Effective-immediately-CBVN-stops-sales-of-Fx-to-BDCs-Allows-Nigerians-lodge-Forex/29753
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 5:41am On Jan 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Please I would like to know how peertransfer works? At what rate will I be charged?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by andre99(m): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2016
Good morning guys, please what does International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) stand for when applying to a school and does it come with acceptance letter you get from the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2016
secondborn:
Good morning house, please am about to apply for my TRV via paper route. Will the application form be given to me at the Canadian embassy after payment or I need to print the one available on the website? I need someone to kindly explain the processes of paper route. Please your response will be highly appreciated.

You can actually download all the forms online, filled and print. If you go there without your forms, you will be directed to where you will pay high prices. You can download the following forms online

1. Application for study permit made outside canada
2. Family information
3. Checklist form
4. Study permit Questionnaire

Brb I'm actually looking for links to redirect you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 8:43am On Jan 12, 2016
iykedare:
Hi guys,

Please I would like to know how peertransfer works? At what rate will I be charged?

You must have been directed to Peer Transfer by your school I presume. You will create an account on their website and enter the amount you want to transfer. You will still conclude the transaction with your local bank by raising Form A. Please chat with their Customer Service online for more details. Peer Transfer has an unbeatable rate. Please go for them. I did and I am very, very happy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 9:14am On Jan 12, 2016
How to tackle common reasons for denial

Modified 12/01/2016

Edited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 9:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Kenyata:

You must have been directed to Peer Transfer by your school I presume. You will create an account on their website and enter the amount you want to transfer. You will still conclude the transaction with your local bank by raising Form A. Please chat with their Customer Service online for more details. Peer Transfer has an unbeatable rate. Please go for them. I did and I am very, very happy.

Thanks for your reply. After filling the form A ,what else do I do? What rate do I use for the payment? Are their rate lower than that of the banks?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2016
the reason I asked was that I have a cousin in Canada, and he may have to pay my first term fees, wont they see that in a negative way
Graviton2:

To be direct, it just means they are not sure you'll be coming back home after completion of your purpose in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 10:20am On Jan 12, 2016
please anyone applying for GeorgianCollege come September admission?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2016
iykedare:

Thanks for your reply. After filling the form A ,what else do I do? What rate do I use for the payment? Are their rate lower than that of the banks?

Their rate is unbelievably lower. You'll bite your finger if you don't go through them. After filling the form with your school and the amount you you want to pay in dollars.

STEPS:
1. Select Institution
2. Put the amount you want to transfer in Canadian Dollars
3. Put your country- Nigeria
4. Select or check: International Bank Transfer in US Dollars (USD)
Then fill your contact information and Click continue with payment

You will then get a print out that you will take to your bank to raise Form A.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:42am On Jan 12, 2016
Kenyata:

Their rate is unbelievably lower. You'll bite your finger if you don't go through them. After filling the form with your school and the amount you you want to pay in dollars.

STEPS:
1. Select Institution

Does the bank need to source for dollars for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Kenyata:

STEPS:
1. Select Institution

Thanks. I have all that you've written.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 11:05am On Jan 12, 2016
kwenu:

what it means is dat u have nw till 8 of February to mak payment to the school.. Is not a resumption date. Check wen ur program is starting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2016
iykedare:

Thanks. I have all that you've written.

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pjrule1: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Hello gurus, please help oooo

I just received a bombshell this morning, some days after submitting my application, I got my medical mail and it was done the next day. I waited for two months only to get my passport this morning and it was a refusal cry cry... Why doing medicals when they wont give visa??..
Details:
Pgd in Computer systems technician.
I paid first semester tuition and accommodation

Reasons for denial are as follows:

They said.... You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay..in reaching this decision, I considered several factors,
1. Travel history..
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Purpose of visit
4. Current employment situation.

Currently am not employed. Am just working under my parents cos of d plans of furthering my studies.

Finished school 2013.. B.sc comp Sci, 2.2 grade.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pjrule1: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2016
Sharonlass10:

Both are nice colleges but i would go with fanshawe. Tho I don't know much about the other one but fanshawe gives prompt response to applicants and I learnt alot of Nigerians are there. My opinion tho.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2016
Its like CIC forgot November applicants paper route and some online route?no medical request talkless of approval or den.. No 2 denial! since last week e b lyk say na denial denials i dey read for here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
Kenyata:

Yes

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Start processing your passport et all now.

adesbaba:
pls am 2016 batch a corper and wanna have my masters in
canada in jan entry...pls wen shud i begin my processin...i
dnt even av passport yet....thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.