Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037029 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Jesusgang:
@niyiguy, please also list the documents you submitted to C.I.C.
Do you have siblings or any family member in Canada?

Hi @Jesusgang,

Thanks for taking your time to attend to me, below are the list of document submitted

1. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) worth $70k closing balance
2. Letter of Explanation
3. Document: Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
4. Passport page
5. Digital photo (required)
6. Family Information (IMM5645)

I dont have any family in Canada but my sponsor who is my immediate brother lives in US. I am 26yrs with University background in Nigeria, I have decided to leave due to frequent strikes.

I have my siblings and my family here in Nigeria. I am selfemployed. I DONT HAVE NAY FAMILY IN CANADA.

Please kindly help me analysis to help me tackle what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
olayemij2:
Hi guyz, just think i should say this very quickly.... i have been reading this trend say like 2months now. i figure Canada refuse rate after medical is very high now i mean since like the last 3months they have refuse quite large numbers of applicant even after passing their medical.
i have some friends who are Travel Agent...am not here to promote agents, am just saying i have lots of them who are very good!!! they do let me know that its always a bad time to apply for TRV towards the end of the year(Oct,Nov and Dec) Reason: cos every embassy/consular has the number of visas to be issue within the year time frame. so basically if CA is to issue 10,000 visas to applicant from Nigeria for the year 2015. and by Sept they have already issue 9,800. guess what happen to Hundreds of applicant who is applying by Oct to Dec, the denial rate will be very high isnt it?
This isnt my idea, it was a thought from some gurus aswell..... so am writing to encourage the ones who has been refused, to pls not give up..JAN is another best time to apply u can start pilling up ur docs for submission and am sure by God grace it will be great news for u.
also for those awaiting, i pray it comes out Good.
should anyone here think my write up is a crap and that cant be the reason for refusal, i am open for a correction and i wll be glad to learn, you know one can not know it all.
Thanks and God Bless!!!
I posted a similar info here in Nov., 2015...not ruling out world refugee crisis. It's a nice update! Common sense...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
Walexwal:
pls which Uni in Canada can I do MSC Agricultural
Economics with funding available .

I av a Degree with GPA of
is my result strong enof for funding?
thanks
Hello. You should try University of Manitoba. While your CGPA is good, I can't ultimately assure you funding but your chances are not bad at all. Also, the school fees aren't as high as that of some Canadian Universities.

You should at least get some funding that reduces your fees into half with this CGPA (IGSES).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
Please who here has paid school fees recently? Did you pay directly in Canadian Dollar or US Dollar? Does the recent fall in Naira affect the amount of fees that was paid?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ozil35: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
hello everyone, pls i need some guidance here, my wife is graduating from a school in canada and i was sent and invitation letter from her sch, i work with fedral govt. here in nigeria and i havetaking a 21 days annual leave for the journey , i actually dont hav any travel history please is there any chances of me getting the visa and what other decuments do i need, thank you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Walexwal: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
sholay2011:

Hello. You should try University of Manitoba. While your CGPA is good, I can't ultimately assure you funding but your chances are not bad at all. Also, the school fees aren't as high as that of some Canadian Universities.

You should at least get some funding that reduces your fees into half with this CGPA (IGSES).

Thanks bro......what about University of Saskatchewan. I just stumbled on them and its as if they ve son good funding.

pls what do you think about the school?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=niyiguy post=41915943]

Hi. were dese all d docs u submitted?i dont see other CIC forms. i dont see some docs auch qs ur admission letter etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesusgang(m): 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
You are highly welcome bro.

Firstly, lets analyse the docs you submitted. You dint submit enough documents, please check this link for more info on the list of docs you are expected to submit.

Secondly, you need not worry about travel history (except you have stayed beyond your permit in Canada or any other country) as many applicants on this forum with zero travel histories have gotten their TRV.

Thirdly, you need to also share your educational history, what program did you enroll for at your undergraduate level if your aiming at a postgraduate degree and what program have you chosen to study in Canada.

Overall, please read these wonderful write-ups by @thesoj and @ seiraries here and here respectively to know more on how to tackle refusals.

Best Wishes

niyiguy:

Hi @Jesusgang,

Thanks for taking your time to attend to me, below are the list of document submitted

1. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) worth $70k closing balance
2. Letter of Explanation
3. Document: Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
4. Passport page
5. Digital photo (required)
6. Family Information (IMM5645)

I dont have any family in Canada but my sponsor who is my immediate brother lives in US. I am 26yrs with University background in Nigeria, I have decided to leave due to frequent strikes.

I have my siblings and my family here in Nigeria. I am selfemployed. I DONT HAVE NAY FAMILY IN CANADA.

Please kindly help me analysis to help me tackle what the issue could be.

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paradisewoods: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions to ask. I have a visiting visa (Business visitor) to canada, however I just got married and my wife is a student in canada since last year. She just went back last week and I wish to go join her. This is my question
1. Can I apply for dependent visa inside canada or must it be outside canada
2. Proof of maintenance for me, must the account be in my name or my wife's name. Or either?

Thanks so much for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ritze(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
lymelyte:
Please I am in a decision crisis at the moment. I need to choose one out of the two colleges for my pgd program(Lambton n conestoga). Same course( quality or process engineering management) with Lambton offering the program 2yrs and the latter 1year. Please gurus, I Need your advice.Tnx in advance.

Accept the 2.

Apply for trv with conestoga.

when you get to canada, switch to lambton...3year psw

if you decide to settle with conestoga, na 1 yr psw.

Be adviced
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lymelyte(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
so I should apply to both colleges? But they both require paying acceptance fee naw.
ritze:

Accept the 2.

Apply for trv with conestoga.

when you get to canada, switch to lambton...3year psw

if you decide to settle with conestoga, na 1 yr psw.

Be adviced
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ritze(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
lymelyte:
so I should apply to both colleges? But they both require paying acceptance fee naw.

if u have the fund, you should do the 2 i suppose.

if otherwise weigh your options well and choose.

Although i thought you had admission for the 2, hence my 1st advise!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ozil35: 12:08am On Jan 13, 2016
THANX GUYS U V BEEN HELPFUL, PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THE SCHEDULE 1 FORM IS ABOUT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Alabaolawumi: 12:13am On Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone, am a student at Memorial University of Newfoundland. I started my program last September and I want my husband to come and join me through open work permit. Although I have two children but I want my husband to come first. I need information on how I can go about it please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:14am On Jan 13, 2016
Walexwal:

Thanks bro......what about University of Saskatchewan. I just stumbled on them and its as if they ve son good funding.

pls what do you think about the school?

Thanks
I don't know much about the University of Saskatchewan but I have heard good things about the school too. You can equally give it a try.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyiguy(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2016
Jesusgang:
You are highly welcome bro.

Firstly, lets analyse the docs you submitted. You dint submit enough documents, please check this link for more info on the list of docs you are expected to submit.

Secondly, you need not worry about travel history (except you have stayed beyond your permit in Canada or any other country) as many applicants on this forum with zero travel histories have gotten their TRV.

Thirdly, you need to also share your educational history, what program did you enroll for at your undergraduate level if your aiming at a postgraduate degree and what program have you chosen to study in Canada.

Overall, please read these wonderful write-ups by @thesoj and @ seiraries here and here respectively to know more on how to tackle refusals.

Best Wishes

The program am going for is Associate Degree in Computer Science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lymelyte(m): 12:33am On Jan 13, 2016
Alright tnx
ritze:

if u have the fund, you should do the 2 i suppose.

if otherwise weigh your options well and choose.

Although i thought you had admission for the 2, hence my 1st advise!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamijayy: 2:49am On Jan 13, 2016
Please i really need someone to send me a copy of the letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship. i heard d two are difft docs. abeg please. my email is bamijayy@gmail.com
m.just confused..its been bugging me for a while now.
BTW i am also bamjay. I created anoda acct as i cldnt post with d former one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamijayy: 2:58am On Jan 13, 2016
PLEASEEEE RESPOND!!SOMEBODY!!
bamjay:

Do I go to any high court then and just say "hey, I need affidavit of sponsorship"? would they already know the contents of the affidavit or am i the one to draft the affidavit and submit to them for stamping?how do I go about it?better still do you have copies of both the affidavit of sponsorship and letter of spinsorship so that i could use it to draft mine? thank u muchos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kelvin67(m): 4:20am On Jan 13, 2016
Niana:
Congrats bro and Thank God for journey mercies. Please how much was your ticket ( KLM)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 13, 2016
Pls who knows any university in canada that is offering an MSc in Project Management or Engineering Management? Appreciate ur responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:33am On Jan 13, 2016
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS*** ***NEW YEAR EDITION***[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL
*thanks @seiraries!*

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yinkyyinkie: 6:36am On Jan 13, 2016
Pls I sent u a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Yinkyyinkie: 6:37am On Jan 13, 2016
[quote author=thesoj post=41923343][/quote]

Pls I sent you a pm ..kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:48am On Jan 13, 2016
@shodexy Read my post above and click the relevant link to search for schools with your desired program

@bamijayy Read my post above and click on the "letter of sponsorship" link

@Yinkyyinkie Pls ask your question on here, I have posted responses to an extremely wide range of TRV-related questions so pls read through the thread or my long posting history. I'm bombarded with too many requests of a wide variety and can't respond to most PMs anymore (due to being very busy), unless you want to compensate me for my time.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:48am On Jan 13, 2016
Yes your friend can apply through another agent; to my awareness there's no rule requiring you to be stuck with the same agent.
FYI: "your friend" should be wary, very wary, if he/she doesn't want to get a visa ban (in regards to the bolded).

Jesemela:
Hello all, still waiting for a response from cic, applied Nov 10. House I would like ask a very big question here, a friend of mine applied via an agent in Oct and got a denial response from cic on friday. Is it possible for her to apply via another agent. The reason she use an agent was lack of funds as a parent doesn't have sufficient funds in their account to show capability of sponsoring her. Someone must have been in her shoes; kindly advice.
@Thesoj, plzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:55am On Jan 13, 2016
You are welcome to PM me, but I'm not responding to PMs anymore except in rare cases. I am bombarded with too many PMs and requests (most of which I have gladly obliged to in the past), but I am very busy and can't keep up. I have in the past posted a number of comments on what a good SOP should contain, here's an example.

goffy2k:
@thesoj please I need answers please and any other bad guy guru...

I was delayed and i want to refire this month. Reasons are;
Purpose of visit
Travel history
Personal asset.

I heard it takes one month to get the GCMS file, What do you think I should do fire without that or wait.

I shared my profile earlier.
Humber college( wirless telecoms PGC) Undergraduate is Computer science.
Finished NYSC in 2009 I have work at both Huawei and Ericsson.

Also Thesoj please share email with me I want you to proove read my SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesemela: 7:03am On Jan 13, 2016
Sorry guys, my bro got a denial letter yesterday too.we refire next week
niyiguy:
My application was refused due the reasons in the attachment.

I want to reapply, please how do I tackle this reason for rejection/denial

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesemela: 7:03am On Jan 13, 2016
Sorry guy, my bro got a denial letter yesterday too.we refire next week, niyi check your mail
niyiguy:
My application was refused due the reasons in the attachment.

I want to reapply, please how do I tackle this reason for rejection/denial

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:05am On Jan 13, 2016
sirheed2:
...now my questions are:
Am arranging to visit a cousin in USA in February next year in order to boost my chance at Canadian embassy, is it a right step incase I'm given visa? Though am planning to come back naija.
This is up to you. You can go apply for a US visa, but keep in mind the impression it may create to CIC if you get denied a US visit visa (which is likely assuming you are young and without a robust travel history, good job, and/or fat bank account) and then apply for a Canadian student visa almost immediately after. Think about it. Admittedly, with a US visa, you would be more likely to get a TRV. It is ultimately your call. There are pros and cons here. If I were you, I would forget the US visa application (unless you are charismatic and are good at face-to-face interviews and have extremely strong ties to Naija).

sirheed2:
Secondly my admission offer may not come until February 2016 and my passport will expire by October 2016, how do I do it?
Prepare all your application documents, but then renew your passport exactly once it is six months till expiration then apply to CIC immediately. That's April.

sirheed2:
Third, I am planning going thru an agent a friend got visa thru and she's going by January 28th,do u think its a good idea for me too?
An agent doesn't have more information that what's available on this thread. Read the thread. Or, instead of wasting that money on an agent, you might as well convince one of the gurus on this thread to help you and dash the agent money to said guru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 7:23am On Jan 13, 2016
Is there anyone from October last year that is still expecting a reply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.