Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037659 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Naykay:
Please gurus in the house, does one have to apply with thesame SOA after denial or print a new one. Will appreciate ur contributions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Olupinlaoluwato:

I applied via the paper route, did all medicals, biometrics and police report, and at the end of the day, the consular said he was not OK with my application.
However, I already paid the acceptance fee of $1000 to the school. Can I diffeer my addmission and reapply for the visa and how long from now can I start the visa processing again

What were the reasons for denial?

Yes, you can defer and reapply whenever you want.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
please gurus in the house i was denied study permit last year based on the the proposed length of stay in Canada and the purpose of visit. please house how can i tackle this and is it too ok for me to use the hospital where i work as my sponsor ? they are ready to send me and sponsor my program of study. my place of work is an NGO but it also have a clinic where i work and my boss want to be sponsor and i also want my-inlaw as a co -sponsor because i used my inlaw as my sponsor in my first application...please my people should i use my boss to serve as my sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by uchezdedon(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
Olupinlaoluwato:

I applied at sault college of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario. I was offered an addmission to study business administration. I applied with my Waec result and was offered an admission

Give a detailed info. about your application... try and help those that want to help you. state the year you took WAEC, what you have been doing since you left High school, who is your sponsor and the list of documents you submitted. That is what is needed to know how you can Re-apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=Naykay post=42036067][/quote]
You can still use d SOA IF THE DATE ON IT IS NOT MORE THAN A MONTH. If its more than a month print another one with sufficient fund. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rudyislife: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please people in the house I need a little info,I want to know schools I can apply to for masters,I have a Cgpa of 3.46,which ia a second class lower,but my final two years of studies is well above that,please peeps can I secure admission into any schools for may masters,my intended course of study is chemical Engineering,that's where my B.eng is too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED[/b]

[/quote]
Submission date: 8th Jan 2016
**Institution : U of W
**Mode of submission: Paper
**level of study: PGD

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
rudyislife:
Please people in the house I need a little info,I want to know schools I can apply to for masters,I have a Cgpa of 3.46,which ia a second class lower,but my final two years of studies is well above that,please peeps can I secure admission into any schools for may masters,my intended course of study is chemical Engineering,that's where my B.eng is too

Welcome to the thread bro... I hope those eggheads here helps out... It takes patience tho as them dey overlook matters at times here!

God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
rudyislife:

Which schools have you checked out so far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olupinlaoluwato: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
uchezdedon:

Give a detailed info. about your application... try and help those that want to help you. state the year you took WAEC, what you have been doing since you left High school, who is your sponsor and the list of documents you submitted. That is what is needed to know how you can Re-apply.
a WEAC2011 then I went to computer school 2013 my mummy got schlarship from her office so she transfer it to me so dere coop will be my sponsor documents submitted are letter of sponsor from my mum coop bank stetement from coop office 6 month police report birth certificate please guide me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by segunoyaf: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Reporting Live from Saskatoon. Thanks to @etunu my arrival was made easy but this cold is not from this world o. AH!!! Just imagine missing your bus by 5 seconds and having to wait in a -35 degree temperature for an hour. Opelope baba alaanu oyinbo to gbemi lo le.

TRV hopefuls...we're all gonna celebrate and rejoice together.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Olupinlaoluwato:
a WEAC2011 then I went to computer school 2013 my mummy got schlarship from her office so she transfer it to me so dere coop will be my sponsor documents submitted are letter of sponsor from my mum coop bank stetement from coop office 6 month police report birth certificate please guide me

what were u doin btw 2011 and 2013? the years must b accounted for somehow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Eggheads? Meaning bro? If your questions are not answer on this thread that means people knows you can easily get it from Google you don't expect to be spoon Feed as a graduate....wise up bro
ceemac:

Welcome to the thread bro... I hope those eggheads here helps out... It takes patience tho as them dey overlook matters at times here!

God bless!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by redribs(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Naykay:
Please gurus in the house, does one have to apply with thesame SOA after denial or print a new one. Will appreciate ur contributions

Hello Naykay,

Whether a SOA has been used before or not, the statement closing date has to be not more than 30 days away from the date of application and must show financial reason that the funds flowing in and out of the account can cover the cost implication of your purpose of travel. I hope this answers your question

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dallydd: 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
please house ..i want to submit my app this week paper route, ARE THEY GOING TO RETURN MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENT PLEASE ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Thanking you. I appreciate

redribs:

Hello Nayka
y,

Whether a SOA has been used before or not, the statement closing date has to be not more than 30 days away from the date of application and must show financial reason that the funds flowing in and out of the account can cover the cost implication of your purpose of travel. I hope this answers your question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
Blackkie:
I will be paying my one year school fees in full [pgd]
Then the funds for accommodation and miscellaneous expenses - about $10,000 [Canadian dollars] will be in the FD. The FD is mine and not that of sponsors.
I still plan to add my savings account details which hovers around N300k.

Do i need to add any financial documents from a sponsor again?

I understand the situation better now. Thanks for clarifying. My take is this:
If you're unmarried, without kids, and relatively young (under 30), use a sponsor. This won't necessarily be for financial reasons since you have that covered but it will serve to buttress your home ties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olayemij2: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
Your SOA shouldnt be more than 30days after u print it before submission, You have used it before am sure it must have expire now.better get a new one [quote author=Naykay post=42036067][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
uchman86:
Hello @ seiraries

Please need your advice on how to go about this in applying for my study permit in canada. Am a graduate of Mechanical Eng 2008, started working as an Engineer in 2010 with a third party contractor company in Total nig Ltd but was neva given appointment letter on my resumption, guess company was tryin to keep us blind from our real salary, ma salary was 60k, left the company after 4yrs and got another job with another company dat paid me 180k in 2014 but got laid off in 2015 due to oil price issue..want to travel to study in canada with fanshawe college in pratical element of mech Engr and got my uncle to sponsor...don't know how to go about to convince the VO considering all I stated above.

Thanks so much will do appreciate your contributions

IMO, you need to add a detailed CV to your application to project your employment history 2010-2015.
Add documents to prove your last employment.
Include a dynamite SOP to your application which should more than anything show you haven't been idle after your last employment (could be a volunteer activity/service) and disprove any suspicion in the mind of any VO your application is primarily a pretext to emigrate. It may sound difficult but it's not impossible.
The VOs perception is basically dependent on documents you present and the manner in which they are presented, ceteris paribus. Tell a good story.
You can study a peculiar application for @thesoj brother that was successful here, here, and here.

Hope it helps.

P.S- more than anything, your finances, sponsor's and home ties (includes personal assets) have to be solid. Leave no stone unturned.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dallydd: 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
dallydd:
please house ..i want to submit my app this week paper route, ARE THEY GOING TO RETURN MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENT PLEASE ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=dallydd post=42045917][/quote]
Only original document(s) you're required to submit is/are bank statements and I doubt they'll be returned. The rest of your documents should be photocopies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by shenita3891: 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
My friend lives in lagos Nigeria and he needs to renew his visa. It will expire soon. He got his visa through a lawyer and to renew it the lawyer wants $1500 (usd ) how can he renew his visa for cheaper and where?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olupinlaoluwato: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
bamjay:

what were u doin btw 2011 and 2013? the years must b accounted for somehow
waiting for my result
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Arcayo:
Eggheads? Meaning bro? If your questions are not answer on this thread that means people knows you can easily get it from Google you don't expect to be spoon Feed as a graduate....wise up bro

I just hope you not a graduate for you not to know what eggeheads means.. And I don't demand the 'wise up bro' advice from you as I never attached names to the post!

Kindly waka pass if you got nothing meaningful to say... Na only you be graduate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Blackkie: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Thank you.
I am married with a child and in late 30s.

What do you suggest?

seiraries:

I understand the situation better now. Thanks for clarifying. My take is this:
If you're unmarried, without kids, and relatively young (under 30), use a sponsor. This won't necessarily be for financial reasons since you have that covered but it will serve to buttress your home ties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
Olupinlaoluwato:
waiting for my result

IMO, 2 years is a long time to bawaiting result. do u mean that u didnt make ur papers at first and had to resit or ur results werent released early?whatever the case u have got to fix up that time-wsit somehow. put urself in the VO's shoes. The VO would be like "o.k. so basically all u did was to wake, eat, sleep and await result!interesting!" You do not want the VO to think f u as someone that plans without puting contigencies in consideration; as someonw that puts his life on hold cox things didnt go the way he planned. you dont want the VO to see that if somethin happens whole u r in CAnny u wld resort to the idle mode.
u cld say u were involved in some community assistance work, volunteer jobs, educative outreaches or something. but whatever it is u decide to use as reason make sure it is such that doesnt come back to bite u. i mean do not list an activity that would ginger the VO to ask u for evidence. for instance if u say u were working voluntarily for a WHO branch, the VO may want to see evidence of that such as pictures, emails etc. Whatever it is u decide to do sha dont leave any too much idle time/gaps in ur profile.
my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 12:42am On Jan 17, 2016
In the American English slang, egghead is an anti-intellectual epithet used to refer to intellectuals or people considered too out-of-touch with ordinary people and too lacking in realism, common sense, virility, etc. on account of their intellectual interests.
I hope you can read, grin grin grin. Desperate human being from UK to Germany and now to Canada, to get admission na person go tell u how
ceemac:

I just hope you not a graduate for you not to know what eggeheads means.. And I don't demand the 'wise up bro' advice from you as I never attached names to the post!

Kindly waka pass if you got nothing meaningful to say... Na only you be graduate?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SammyVee: 1:25am On Jan 17, 2016
Sorry guys, this is might be a long post, i apologize in advance but I just want to be somewhat detailed.
Hello and happy new year to all.
My first application was delayed on 15-12-15, submitted on 21-10-15 via paper route. It was delayed on the grounds of family ties, length of stay, purpose of visit and personal assets. I did not include my personal statement of account as I didn't have much in it then. I paid part tuition and thought I wrote a convincing SOP. Well, I've written to the school for a deferment to September. I intend applying in April while I let my personal SOA run and build within this period. Kindly access the following documents I intend submitting and please give advise if imm good to go or not. Thanks all.
Sponsor (uncle) - Updated documents I submitted before, considering they did not have an issue with my sponsor.
SOP reiterating my purpose of visit and length of stay. I'm going for a post graduate degree in Health systems management, 1yr. I read human physiology and work with a telecoms coy. I explained the fusion between the health system and the IT sector -which the program is about- and how many knowledge and passion for health advancement and current work experience makes me the right candidate for the program and my plans for Nigeria with the knowledge I would gain, but I guess the VO wasn't convinced at all.
Moving on, SOA 3 months with about 500k, evidence of being a tax payer, letter of employment, training certificates, retirement savings account certificate, pictures of me at work, university certificate, NYSC certificate,waec, birth certificate,birth certificates of parents, receipt of part payment of school fees. My good people, my question is, will the addition of my SOA, tax clearance, and retirement savings account address the issues of concern? That is of course including a better and more convincing SOP reiterating and highliting on my purpose of visit. Kindly advice guys. To the gurus in the house, I welcome your kind opinions. Thank you for taking out the timed to read this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dallydd: 1:56am On Jan 17, 2016
please house ..i want to submit my app this week paper route, ARE THEY GOING TO RETURN MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENT PLEASE ?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 2:31am On Jan 17, 2016
@sammyVee I personally don't believe In jackn up personal SOA to tackle personal asset and financial situation.
I'll always advice to convince the VO on your purpose o visit and every other thing will be fine.

From my own perspective, I see no correlation between human physiology and telecoms.

I'll advice you request for your GCMS so as to know the angle the VO was looking at your app from.

In the meantime could you provide the years you finished school and NYSC and what you've bn doin till date.
What's your annual income?
How old are you too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 17, 2016
Hello guys, please I need your advice, am a graduate biochemist and I want to apply for direct entry admission into Phd for biochemistry and molecular biology ,which school will have professors whose lab are not full and have funding hence willing to supervise me. My cgpa is well over 4.5.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:10am On Jan 17, 2016
Find masters admission first before u tink of direct PHD...
Well, contact Taike on nairaland to know more about getting the admission directly into PHD.
I feel it would be more than the CGPA and more of research achievements...
Nony1:
Hello guys, please I need your advice, am a graduate biochemist and I want to apply for direct entry admission into Phd for biochemistry and molecular biology ,which school will have professors whose lab are not full and have funding hence willing to supervise me. My cgpa is well over 4.5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.