Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1036425 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
bamjay:

thanks...i checked UPEI's website. they have no MA Economics. while MUN's deadline has passed (jan 15).
please do u knw any more schools..all d skuls i checked v past dates deadlines.
thanks tho @Graviton2
Check lethbrigde, saint Mary's uni. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
malaoluolateju:
Hi guys, quick question. The land I intend to use as personal asset is inherited frm my parent. Pls How do I prove its mine since the land docs is nt in my name?

m not so sure about this one. if your parent is still alive mayb he can do an affidafit of transfer of ownership. if not alive,mayb u can do the affidavit instead. if u v a lawyer u cld ask him ow u can tackle this. do u v an evidence of inheriting d land?maybe a will(official or unofficial)or something?if not alive u can just present d land docs even if they bear your parent name. also include mayb the death cert. or something that can stand as evidence d person is dead. u can then explain in ur sop the reason for the land docs not bearing ur name
#my thoughts
let gurus in d house put mouth
goodluck sir

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hi everyone. Pls give your advice on this . i have a very busy account but right now have small money in it. The last time the balance was gud was two weeks ago . Can I print out the statement so it stops at 2 weeks ago when I last gud good balance? What's your advice ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
favour0011:
Hi everyone. Pls give your advice on this . i have a very busy account but right now have small money in it. The last time the balance was gud was two weeks ago . Can I print out the statement so it stops at 2 weeks ago when I last gud good balance? What's your advice ?

i would like to ask u some qstns first.
1.are u sponsoring urself? if not ur SOA may not b necessary unless u v been working for some time.
2.if u say 2weeks i want to assume that is like d first week of this month(jan). right?
3. when do u intend to submit ur application?
u cannot use an SOA that is older than a month. so if u wld b submitting ur application on or befre 2 weeks time u can use ur SOA like that.
4. ob the other hand, i heard that they usually call d banks to verify ur account balance. i cannot b too sure. if they do i hope ur present acct balance doesnt deviate so much from wat u v from ur SOA?

pls wait for gurus to respond on this
these r just my thoughts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks so much bro.. It's my sponsors account and I plan to apply with it by month end. Am skeptical cos the account statement will stop at first week of jan but the print out date will show this week . Please gurus advice . Isn't it a red flag? Has it worked for anyone before ?

bamjay:

i would like to ask u some qstns first.
1.are u sponsoring urself? if not ur SOA may not b necessary unless u v been working for some time.
2.if u say 2weeks i want to assume that is like d first week of this month(jan). right?
3. when do u intend to submit ur application?
u cannot use an SOA that is older than a month. so if u wld b submitting ur application on or befre 2 weeks time u can use ur SOA like that.
4. ob the other hand, i heard that they usually call d banks to verify ur account balance. i cannot b too sure. if they do i hope ur present acct balance doesnt deviate so much from wat u v from ur SOA?

pls wait for gurus to respond on this
these r just my thoughts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thank you bro....feel free to check my profile and any other thing you wish to know about me I will surely provide it openly, credible credentials lol.....let's not go there pls
ceemac:

All those your stated are just mere but fanatical jargons... I refuse to join words with you... Am no desperado, may be you are! I have only learnt not to out my eggs in one basket reason why I am active on German thread for Masters and Here also for same reason and never UK... Sure you have interest from the three you listed and for you to know am there, You also are active there... You must be the desperado! Only a thief can trace another's footprint on the mountain! Without any iota of pride, check my moniker and see my earlier posts... Asking questions are ideals for students who do not know but wanna know... At least I learnt that from the four walls of school... Swallow your pride cause am sure you ain't got the credible credentials for me to join grief with...

Close your eyes when you see my posts and kindly waka pass!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
Any help please?
yungreezy:
Hello guys, can anyone refer me to a good affordable school in canada for an IT related course for MSC. I have checked out some schools like UOIT and Concordia University but I fear their fees maybe too expensive for me. Ideally I would like something along the line of network/nfornation security. I have a first degree in IT with a 2.1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
I
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
Blackkie:
Thank you.

And I have yet another question, if you are in my shoes, will you use Centennial college or Fanshawe college?

I would go for Centennial based on institution ranking. Both are good colleges and are in the same province.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
hello house this is an email i got from fashanwe college any1 going there should register..

Dear Fanshawe Student,

We are happy to announce that we are in Nigeria for a few days in February. And hence, we are scheduling a student meet so that we can get a chance to meet with Fanshawe College’s prospective students. We will be pleased if you could take time out to meet with us.

Register for this event to know more about Fanshawe College. Register if you are a prospective student or if you have already applied to the college. The event is being held in Four Points by Sheraton, Plot 9/10 Block 2 Oniru Chieftaincy Estate, Lekki Peninsula, Victoria Island, Lagos at 4.30 PM on 7th February 2015.

Please register by filling up the following form. Please note that there are limited seats – you need to register by 30th January – any registrations after this date will not be accepted. You are not allowed to bring any guest as we have limited seating.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PDe4OJmaoqMxBHh4brCCdaD9vpig22P_6mmWWsE7R_c/viewform

Thank you
--

Warm Regards,
Vipin Aggarwal, B.Tech, MBA
Admission Advisor – Africa
International Centre, Fanshawe College,
London, Ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
malaoluolateju:
Hi guys, quick question. The land I intend to use as personal asset is inherited frm my parent. Pls How do I prove its mine since the land docs is nt in my name?

If the parent (owner of property) is alive you will need evidence that the property has been transferred to you. A will is the most common document to prove this and can easily be gotten if parent is alive and willing to transfer the property.
If deceased, and the parent died intestate (without a will), you'll need to follow a long process involving the probate court to transfer the property. It's a long process and obviously beats the objective in focus here.
There's such a document as an "affidavit of heirship" however, which a lawyer can help you prepare provided there are no contending parties to the property in question and a significant 'actor' (mother, father or relevant family) is willing to depose to the affidavit and establish your claim to the property.
Kindly consult a lawyer for more assistance.

P.S- It should be notarised by a Commissioner for Oaths at a Court and not a Notary public.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
seiraries:

If the parent (owner of property) is alive you will need evidence that the property has been transferred to you. A will is the most common document to prove this and can easily be gotten if parent is alive and willing to transfer the property.
If deceased, and the parent died intestate (without a will), you'll need to follow a long process involving the probate court to transfer the property. It's a long process and obviously beats the objective in focus here.
There's such a document as an "affidavit of heirship" however, which a lawyer can help you prepare provided there are no contending parties to the property in question and a significant 'actor' (mother, father or relevant family) is willing to depose to the affidavit and establish your claim to the property.
Kindly consult a lawyer for more assistance.

P.S- It should be notarised by a Commissioner for Oaths at a Court and not a Notary public.

Thank you @bamjay and @seiraries.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
shodexy:

No wonder in politics it is often said that the majority will have their way while the minority will have their say.

I'm aware of that. I was pointing to the fact that most Republicans claim not be racist but from all indications he's got most of their support.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
bamjay:

thanks...i checked UPEI's website. they have no MA Economics. while MUN's deadline has passed (jan 15).
thanks tho @Graviton2

Write MUN and make a direct inquiry. Most schools continue to accept students long after the deadline.

Try uOttawa, Seneca College, uRegina - Don't just check their websites...send them an email too. You will be surprised at the wealth of info NOT included in their websites.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SammyVee: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
I don't believe In SOPS, I believe in Makin your situation understandable as easy as possible with documents submitted.

Are you married?

Again I don't seem to understand the fact that u read physiology which is a medical line...and you have worked in telecoms for 5years which Is engineering line.... now u want to go for medical line again.

Well, only a SOP can explain yourself to a VO(i just don't believe in read them

Request for your GCMS to kn exactly wha the issue is

I reiterate; My aspect of telecoms is information technology not engineering and the course Is a fusion of th health and information technology sector. But... I will request for the forms cause it would give name mmore insight.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
pampem:

Check lethbrigde, saint Mary's uni. All d best.

thanks..wld check dem out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Blackkie: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Alright.
You did great!
seiraries:

I would go for Centennial based on institution ranking. Both are good colleges and are in the same province.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
Graviton2:

Write MUN and make a direct inquiry. Most schools continue to accept students long after the deadline.

Try uOttawa, Seneca College, uRegina - Don't just check their websites...send them an email too. You will be surprised at the wealth of info NOT included in their websites.

thank u much much. i wld check out d schools

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
bamjay:

thanks tho @Graviton2

Check U of S and Concordia...did they say why you were denied admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
detutu1:

yes but it was not for any specific reason. They said it was cox dey received lots of applications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
detutu1:

do u know how Concordia university is like?i checked them out n i want to apply there. how is it like to school there since it is in a french speaking province?i dunno any french o. so ow wld communication with the citizens there/locals be like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
bamjay:

do u know how Concordia university is like?i checked them out n i want to apply there. how is it like to school there since it is in a french speaking province?i dunno any french o. so ow wld communication with the citizens there/locals be like?

Lol...I have not been there but I believe the people who are there are human. It is a French speaking pronvince and the visa application has an extra stage to it BUT learning a new language should not be a problem and getting a job like I read on this same platform won't be a problem.

Personally, I think the important thing is to get admitted...we are human, we 'll always adapt wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mirror97: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
i got the mail too, i will be there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Please I need ur help on this. I was denied on the grounds of personal assets and financial status and here is How I wish to tackle them.
Personal assets- doc of landed property.

Financial status-
Now I am planning to re-activate ma gtb account which has been dormant for 2yrs so that ma sponsor can transfer some of the money into the account or better still open a new account and have the money transferred. Please do you think that will raise a red flag or not. If yes, how do I tackle the financial status of a thing. Will appreciate ur contributions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by michael1385: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Hi Bamijayy, pls, how many weeks does it takes to review your application because mine is still showing under review for over 4wks nw[quote author=bamijayy post=42056377][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 10:36am On Jan 18, 2016
I ve been reading upfront medicals, how does it work and when will it come in ** don't be annoyed with my question** im reaching out for September admission ,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rudyislife: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Please I posted this earlier with no positive response,what are the chances of someone with a Cgpa of 3.46 in b.eng,nd last two years of 3.7 and 3.8 respectively getting admission for masters degree canada,in any chemical engineering related discipline,please honest advic please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rudyislife: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Please I posted this earlier with no positive response,what are the chances of someone with a Cgpa of 3.46 in b.eng,nd last two years of 3.7 and 3.8 respectively getting admission for masters degree canada,in any chemical engineering related discipline,please honest advice please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2016
michael1385:
Hi Bamijayy, pls, how many weeks does it takes to review your application because mine is still showing under review for over 4wks nw

like say 2 weeks after being complete when my last referee provided his reference.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
Congratulation

nellobaba:
Hello guys I just got a mail this evening from cic requesting for my original passport. Does it mean my visa has been approved??........ I did online application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 11:28am On Jan 18, 2016
UNiversity of alberta, MUN and search google.
bamjay:
U of M didnt accept me for fall 2016.. embarassedPlease who know some other Unis that still have their fall applicatipns on. tnx. m going for M.A
Economics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yetunde84: 11:38am On Jan 18, 2016
Ello everyone...today is my Birthday, pls pray cic gives me a birthday present by approving my application...tnks

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.