Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037271 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Please house, how do I solve this issue of home ties in naija and canny. I do not have anybody in canada but I have ma parents and ma siblings here. How exactly do I go about it. Do I add all their birth certificates. Please I need ur help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
yetunde84:
Ello everyone...today is my Birthday, pls pray cic gives me a birthday present by approving my application...tnks

Happy birthday!

Mine happened like that - Got approved on the 23rd and my birthday was on the 25th

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Niana:
Online Application Nov 20th
Upfront medical
Biometrics Nov 24th
Medical passed Jan 18th
Passport request Jan 18th
Praise God !

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
for those that have applied via paper recently, do you still track and see forwarded to accra?

Am also surprised.. I can also see forwarded to accra since Dec 30 dat av submitted... Don't know y.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
notasowie:

Thanks for the reply.... But what I wanna know is that how long does it tks to process admission ?

Depends entirely on the school - Some schools take 3weeks or less, others take a month or more. Policies differ.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
favour0011:
Gud afternoon gurus in the house ... Pls any advice as regards my post ?

You could try that but getting a more recent SOA would definitely hold more water.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
November
yetunde84:

Congratulations...pls wen did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello house...If my employer is sponsoring me and i will be getting a leave of absence (study leave) letter from them. I am concerned whether it wont av an impact on my application for PGWP after my program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
malaoluolateju:
Hi guys, quick question. The land I intend to use as personal asset is inherited frm my parent. Pls How do I prove its mine since the land docs is nt in my name?

I think a signed letter from the previous owners (Your parents) stating the land has been passed onto to you should suffice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
Probably in 3 weeks or 1 month cos I got ine btw such period..
notasowie:
Hello house , I applied to fanshawe collage 15/1/2016 that's last week Friday , wanted to know when I'm suppose to get an offer , and when is the right time to apply for a student visa , ? I don't wanna apply late...and how long does it takes to be process,?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wckabuoh(m): 1:08am On Jan 19, 2016
Hi, I have followed your treads on the Canadian visa related issues. Please based on your knowledge, for one who's programme starts in September 2016, when is the best time to start the visa application process?
Someone once told me that starting to early before the school resumption date could lead to rejection of visa request. Can this be true
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 1:14am On Jan 19, 2016
wckabuoh:
Hi, I have followed your treads on the Canadian visa related issues. Please based on your knowledge, for one who's programme starts in September 2016, when is the best time to start the visa application process?
Someone once told me that starting to early before the school resumption date could lead to rejection of visa request. Can this be true

Not necessarily, I'd advise you start about 4-5 months to your start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wckabuoh(m): 1:38am On Jan 19, 2016
manny14:
Please who here has paid school fees recently? Did you pay directly in Canadian Dollar or US Dollar? Does the recent fall in Naira affect the amount of fees that was paid?

Use a "Form A" . The official Canadian rate of N155 would be applied to your transaction. Your bank should be able to easily do this for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:42am On Jan 19, 2016
Okay.
Just wan to comfirm...

On cic website it says study perm from Lagos is now treated in Lagos.

It's strange it's still forwarded to accra.
afolaseg:

Am also surprised.. I can also see forwarded to accra since Dec 30 dat av submitted... Don't know y.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 5:24am On Jan 19, 2016
Pls I don't understand. Paper or online?
And if paper pls how should I check cos I don't know that paper can track their applications as I thought you will only get an email.pls explain.

hayqinsbFX:
for those that have applied via paper recently, do you still track and see forwarded to accra?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:26am On Jan 19, 2016
You can track via VFS website with the trackin code.
When I u apply
loriaidah:
Pls I don't understand. Paper or online?
And if paper pls how should I check cos I don't know that paper can track their applications as I thought you will only get an email.pls explain.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Hehehehe1: 5:36am On Jan 19, 2016
seiraries:

I would go for Centennial based on institution ranking. Both are good colleges and are in the same province.
bruh can u confirm if centennial requires application fee... Also do i have to convert trnscpt to Wes?..to apply..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 5:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Dec 17 at abuja.

hayqinsbFX:
You can track via VFS website with the trackin code.
When I u apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2016
Naykay:
Please house, how do I solve this issue of home ties in naija and canny. I do not have anybody in canada but I have ma parents and ma siblings here. How exactly do I go about it. Do I add all their birth certificates. Please I need ur help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mbasam: 7:48am On Jan 19, 2016
Niana:
Online Application Nov 20th
Upfront medical
Biometrics Nov 24th
Medical passed Jan 18th
Passport request Jan 18th
Praise God !
congrat...
What course are u going for? and are u going to use the expired admissio letter to present at poe?
Pls arrange ur $90can so dat d sch wil send anoda loa. Dat my suggestio to avoid havin issues @ poe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:01am On Jan 19, 2016
[quote author=Naykay post=42114311][/quote]

Add all their birth certificates and other means of identification- national ID card, international passport etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tobithedancer: 10:25am On Jan 19, 2016
Greetings sir's
I am 21 years old guy, completed my secondary school in 2011, currently passed all my O'level results.
I applied for an undergraduate studies ( business administration ) at Sault College, Ontario, Canada and I was offered an admission, but was unfortunately denied a student visa 2 weeks ago.
I already paid an acceptance fee of $1000, and now I have been denied a visa
However, the school have given me another admission when I informed them that I was denied a visa.
Now, I want to reapply for a visa since the school have decided to give me the admission again.
Here is my previous situation.....
Year of graduation from my secondary school is 2011, since then, I had a 1 year computer training, and after completed it, I started a part time job temporarily at a HealthCare company as a clerical officer.
My sponsor for the school was my mom's cooperative society at her place of work, where I was made her beneficiary to get a scholarship for her 12 years hard work. So, I was giving a letter to this effect, and the account statement with cash of around 14million naira.
Here are the documents I submitted :
Police report, medicals, statement of account of the coop where my mom work, who is my sponsor,
What could be responsible for my denial ?
Now I want to reapply, pls what and what do I need to add to my applications
Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2016
Thank you samuel3

SAMUELS3:

Add all their birth certificates and other means of identification- national ID card, international passport etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2016
tobithedancer:
Greetings sir's
I am 21 years old guy, completed my secondary school in 2011, currently passed all my O'level results.
I applied for an undergraduate studies ( business administration ) at Sault College, Ontario, Canada and I was offered an admission, but was unfortunately denied a student visa 2 weeks ago.
However, the school have given me another admission when I informed them that I was denied a visa.
Now, I want to reapply for a visa since the school have decided to give me the admission again.
Year of graduation from my secondary school is 2011, since then, I had a 1 year computer training, and after completed it, I started a part time job temporarily at a HealthCare company as a clerical officer.
My sponsor for the school was my mom's cooperative society at her place of work, where I was made her beneficiary to get a scholarship for her 12 years hard work. So, I was giving a letter to this effect, and the account statement with cash of around 14million naira.
Police report, medicals, statement of account of the coop where my mom work, who is my sponsor,
Thank u

Please, state the reasons ticked by CiC for denial let people help you out. Peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mistydike: 11:09am On Jan 19, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
January is not too early...its almost all eprfect time sef....
Il sugest you request for your gcms file so as to know the exact reason for refusal.

It pays so you won't fly blindly....
U myt actuall submit same time and get it next time

pls @hayqinsbFX.....how do i request my gcms file? how is it done...because i my visa was delayed 21st dec after my medical was done,
and i would want to make a reapplication. but would first want to know the exact reason for denial.
pls your response would be sincerely appreciated!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mistydike: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2016
Omonjoe:
Finally my struggles are over on Canada visa. If it is good, ask God and He will definitely give it to you; that's my testimony!!

Here is my timeline
First application:
Submitted / Biometrics: 11th August 2015
Refused: 13th October, 2015

[b][/b]Reasons for refusal:
[b][/b]Purpose of visit
[b][/b]Family ties in Canada and home country
[b][/b]Travel history
[b][/b]Personal assest and financial status

Second application:
Submitted: 26th October, 2015
Biometrics: 27th October, 2015
Medical request: 26th November, 2015
Medical done: 30th November, 2015
Medical passed: 4th December, 2015
Passport request: 18th December, 2015
Passport submitted: 21st December, 2015
Application closed & Approved: 22nd December, 2015

[b][/b]Documents submitted:
CIC forms
B.Eng cert, transcript, NYSC, WAEC, CV, Birth cert, Police character cert.
LOA, receipt of payment of acceptance fee ($1500CAD),
my employment letter,Confirmation of appointmt letter, Redeployment letter, Advancement letter, payslip, letter of introduction from my office, Study leave letter,
my SOA(salary acct),
my land deed doc
Notarised sponsorship letter from my uncle (diff surname) stating d amount he will be making available to me yearly
Reference letter from sponsor's bank
Sponsor's company SOA (#4.8Mill bal)
Sponsor CAC cert
Notarised cosponsorship letter from my aunty (diff surname) stating the amount she will make available yearly to me
Cosponsor personal SOA(#2.8mil)
Cosponsor fixed deposit letter ( # 5mill)
Cosponsor business invoice
my mum birth cert
my dad death cert

My prog: PGC in Robotics & Industrial Automaion
Undergrad studies: B.Eng in Elect/Elect Engr.

[b][/b]How I tackle my refusal
Purpose of visit: wrote a more detailed SOP linking my course to my undergrad prog and employment. why I am going for d prog, what I stand to gain specifically from d prog and how I am going to use it in Nigeria

Personal Assest & Financial status: Added my land deed doc and I increased my SOA from 500k to 1mill

PS: Always fill ur forms properlly I noticed some errors in it in my first app. (i.e I filled Civil servant as my current job instead of process Automation Engr)

Thanks to all the gurus in the house for ur help.

pls i just sent u a PM message .... i really do need your help as regards my reapplication.
i would sincerely appreciate your respond..tnx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 11:37am On Jan 19, 2016
why were you denied.
what were the reasons stated.

from what you stated, you must have not catered properly for the gap between 2011 till 2015.

list the reasons you were denied and the documents you submitted
tobithedancer:
Greetings sir's
Thank u

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 11:39am On Jan 19, 2016
search google for atip cic, click on the first link that pops up and select apply online . follow the instructions that follows.

you will need contact and telephone info of some one legally stayng in canada
mistydike:

pls @hayqinsbFX.....how do i request my gcms file? how is it done...because i my visa was delayed 21st dec after my medical was done,
and i would want to make a reapplication. but would first want to know the exact reason for denial.
pls your response would be sincerely appreciated!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholly91(m): 11:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Hello everyone, I was just denied admission by u of m. Reason stated was "GPA not competitive enough" even after securing a supervisor. My GPA is 3.65, I want inquire if it possible to apply for pre masters in the same institution. Please I need advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by domex007: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
there is something wrong with your app, applying for an UG program in US sud be ver easy if u just finished highschool....theres absolutely nothing much to prove with the right money and agent.......
the particular thing thats wrong has played a role in canada too.....try to figure it pout or apply for a GCMS
file

pls bro, what is GCMS

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.