Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037500 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Holu26: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Jlakeside:
Guys I hail o..
A very quick question please..
How long can an upfront medical stays before application submission?.

I did an upfront medical on 8th of this month(march) but I have not submitted my application until next month, probably before 10th of April.. Hope my medical will still be valid?.... I'm still gathering my documents and besides, I'm expecting a letter from my Supervisor which I wanna submit with my application.

Abeg make una answer me Ooo @ganiyuadeoye, Arcayo, hayqinsbFx, ajibade105, Bandeco, Breadandbeans.. Thanks

1 year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
@domex007

It's a very tight one.
Can you list the documents you submitted as per employment and personal finances.

How much was in the pay slips tendered?
How much was in ur soa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by domex007: 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
@domex007

It's a very tight one.
Can you list the documents you submitted as per employment and personal finances.

How much was in the pay slips tendered?
How much was in ur soa

i am going for undergrad..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by laamilaaka: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
hello, can someone please help clarify this, is offer letter different from admission letter? I have an offer letter from humber , can I print out the soft copy sent to my box as part of the doc to be sent to the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by domex007: 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=tosanlfaith post=43943254][/quote]

really? pls hook me up on this email, nonsomaduba@gmail.com i forget the password for the email i used to open nairaland account. i wanna ask u some questions... thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Second undergrad?

Or first one?
When d you finish high school?

domex007:

i am going for undergrad..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
Is 4 million naira bank statement good enough on my sponsor statement of account.... My sponsor is my mom and she is a business woman.... I'm going for PGD at Lambton college.
Bro forget, people with 8 Million SOA sef dem dey deny dem. If the account has good cash flow, and if your tuition is not more than $6kk, I believe with 4M, you have a shot!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
domex007:

really? pls hook me up on this email, nonsomaduba@gmail.com i forget the password for the email i used to open nairaland account. i wanna ask u some questions... thanks

odd coincidence! I also applied for my gcms Jan 21st and received it Feb 22nd. are we twins or what? lol! I'll mail you now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour2015(f): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello all, please assist with the link (forms) and requirement for applying for spousal work permit . thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
Share the content of your gcms notes too
tosanlfaith:

odd coincidence! I also applied for my gcms Jan 21st and received it Feb 22nd. are we twins or what? lol! I'll mail you now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
People tend to mak a mistake that the amount I your SOA has a direct effect on whether ull be denied or not.

But I have to say th amount in your SOA only has the power to avoid you to be denied on grounds of insufficient funds only...

So if u say 50m is being denied ill tell tell u its not on financial grounds.

So if u say he sud give it a shot it's a big risk of being denied on insufficient funds..

jaybmich:

Bro forget, people with 8 Million SOA sef dem dey deny dem. If the account has good cash flow, and if your tuition is not more than $6kk, I believe with 4M, you have a shot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
jaybmich:

thanks bro..... Do they ask the bank about the present amount in sponsor account or they call just to ask if the SOA correspond with the one that's with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
school fees for a year and extra 10000 CAD dollar u mean

Yeah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
thanks bro..... Now my mind is at rest....

U only need 1st year tuition and 10k CAD. Dats all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Share the content of your gcms notes too
here is mine.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
tosanlfaith:

here is mine.

Which program did u apply 4? UG or Msc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Jlakeside:
Guys I hail o..
A very quick question please..
How long can an upfront medical stays before application submission?.

I did an upfront medical on 8th of this month(march) but I have not submitted my application until next month, probably before 10th of April.. Hope my medical will still be valid?.... I'm still gathering my documents and besides, I'm expecting a letter from my Supervisor which I wanna submit with my application.

Abeg make una answer me Ooo @ganiyuadeoye, Arcayo, hayqinsbFx, ajibade105, Bandeco, Breadandbeans..Thanks
Your upfront medical expire after one year so you have 11months left on it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
Dbnagato:

U only need 1st year tuition and 10k CAD. Dats all
what if I pay all my tuition fees for a year will I just need to show $10,000 CAD in my sponsor SOA account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by laamilaaka: 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
laamilaaka:
hello, can someone please help clarify this, is offer letter different from admission letter? I have an offer letter from humber , can I print out the soft copy sent to my box as part of the doc to be sent to the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
laamilaaka:
[quote author=laamilaaka post=43949196][/quote]
They are the same thing bro.... what you need is to know whether it's conditional or unconditional offer...check the content
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jlakeside: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
Arcayo:

Your upfront medical expire after one year so you have 11months left on it
Thanks bro...@Holu26 thanks bro.. God bless you guys

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
what if I pay all my tuition fees for a year will I just need to show $10,000 CAD in my sponsor SOA account

Then show the receipt dat u've paid and the SOA for the 10k CAD but u knw payment is made at ur own risk.
If possible dont pay till u are granted d visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Dbnagato:

Ok tnx a lot.
I'll work on dat in my next application..

Btw hav u applied for trv b4?

Never applied before. If you traced my posts a little you'd have seen that I am waiting for a big job that will make me put all plans on ice. The issue is, that Job is dilly dallying and I needed to make alternative contingency plans just incase the job didn't pan out and that's where Canada came in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
then maybe your choice of program was what worked against you as it is advanced diploma..
look into change =ing that in your next app
wayaa007:

I actually added my Nysc ID, and posting letter...I was quite detailed with my documents, labelled them, added a budget together with my app, showed correspondence with my "to be lecturer", explained how the course helps me grow a career...I've followed this thread since part 7, and the only time I saw refusals like this was last year august, when people where invited for medicals and refused...I'm trying to get my gcms, but everyone i know in Canada wants to make heavy profit on my head, and I don't know the legitimacy of the site gcmsnotes...so can someone please suggest or recommend a proper way of getting the gcms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
then maybe your choice of program was what worked against you as it is advanced diploma..
look into change =ing that in your next app

I respect your opinion. But you have said this thing long enough that many people might think you are right. I know at least 4 people that are in Canada today via advanced diplomas. They are not active on nairaland, else I would have asked them to come and share their experiences. The most recent got his TRV last month and is pushing to go to Lambton in September.

If I didn't know NL, I'd have thought that people always got approved because these guys I know all used Maple education as their agents-and they got approved. On the other hand, if I knew ONLY NL, I'd have thought the rejections were a recurring happenstance because that's almost always what gets reported- and this is wrong.

People should be implored to package better applications from the SOP, SOA and documentations, before Masters, PGCs and advanced diplomas become chief criteria.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by estherdim: 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
DanIndia:
No, not really. You do NOT need to learn the language before you can be granted but you do need to know the language to cope in Germany. You do not need to be thoroughly fluent, you just need enough to get you by.
that what am still saying bro,as it one of their requirement,6month to study the lang here and first year degree,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Dbnagato:

Which program did u apply 4? UG or Msc?

graduate certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by slamdunk99(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
ritilicious:
@house
anyone going to UBC dis September shud pls contact me so wen can look 4 a house 2gether. Houses dere r so expensive. I don't mind sharing a house wit a guy cuz we're goin 2 hav separate rooms.

Hi You wanted to send me an email, we can discuss here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
Futurewiser:

yes try Germany. Their visa is straight fwd

see here for list of schools to apply for https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/

tuition is totally free so when you work there you send money home rather than using it to pay school fees like Canada case.

Make unua no kill unua sef for Canada.

Sorry to digress a bit: what do you guys think of Austria?

Looping: thesoj, DanIndia, hayqinsbFX, Bandeco, namebdis4

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.