Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037296 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by annikanyi(f): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2015
hello everyone, i am in the process of applying for a masters of law in uni of ottawa and osgoode law school for september 2016, my problem is how to put together my good application package. i have been advised to go through an agent but they are pretty expensive. what do you advise?
are there people in the house that have put out successful applications? i would not mind getting some tips and guideline s on howw to go about it. thank you.
[quote author=chigoziri7 post=38764928]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by annikanyi(f): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2015
hello house, i am in the process of applying for a masters of law in uni of ottawa and osgoode law school for september 2016, my problem is how to put together my good application package. i have been advised to go through an agent but they are pretty expensive. what do you advise?
are there people in the house that have put out successful applications? i would not mind getting some tips and guideline s on howw to go about it. thank you.

EmmaMsc:

Some persons on this forum like Team12 where able to successfully apply for their kid and husband. You should contact her.

In the meantime you can go through this post for more info https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/222#36148014

Also go through the attachment prepared by Tnuola for documents submitted by people that successfully applied with their kid and spouse.

cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bimbofela: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2015
errandonline:
Hello House,I have a strange scenario,my sister applied for a work permit to Canada to go meet her hubby with their son..she was called for medicals about a month ago,she got a request for their passport earlier today while she was jubilating,she got a rejection letter later in the day.I have never seen this before .Please what can she do.anyone seen this before?

Holy Spirit!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2015
annikanyi:
hello house, i am in the process of applying for a masters of law in uni of ottawa and osgoode law school for september 2016, my problem is how to put together my good application package. i have been advised to go through an agent but they are pretty expensive. what do you advise?

Hi, I really don't know anything about Law, i am going for Elect. Eng.
Other members of the house can help out.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mekurexx: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2015
I'm also applying to Uni Ottawa. Env. Sustainability for Sept 2016. I'm applying myself and I dont think agents would have any influence. Just email the program coordinator and he/she will guide you
annikanyi:
hello everyone, i am in the process of applying for a masters of law in uni of ottawa and osgoode law school for september 2016, my problem is how to put together my good application package. i have been advised to go through an agent but they are pretty expensive. what do you advise?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

It's indeed strange. Similar to that of the guy that got medical call and about few hours later (after he got to clinic and his account didn't check out) got a refusal notice. Something must have gone wrong. Probably one of their credentials didn't check out or the V.O suddenly discovered a point that shouldn't be overlooked. What was the reason for refusal?
jesus.i regect such. News ohhh.been a mistake after approval mail.God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lexyj123(f): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
kosplateau:

y doing medicals twice within few weeks?..I thought one lasts for 12 months.

Ayo, I tot d medicals once done, is valid for one year, how come u did anoda in few week? is there no other way incase?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Good day pple, pls hw do I check my CIC account, to confirm if my medicals was successful as I applied through paper route and pls hw do I stop think abt this....thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
lamama1:
Good day pple, pls hw do I check my CIC account, to confirm if my medicals was successful as I applied through paper route and pls hw do I stop think abt this....thank you

Those that apply through paper don't normally get an update if Medicals are passed. Cic account is for those that apply online. So just keep praying u wil get ur approval mail soon it won't take long by Gods grace o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tayex1: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
TOEFL, requirements has nothing to do with your visa approval and it will in no way affect your visa application... You only need it for admission quote author=kwenu post=38767654]Hello everyone, please tell me does the canadian embassy call for interview for students willing to study in canada?

i saw a canadian university that does not require toefl for Nigerian student but how about the embassy here in Nigeria , will they grant visa if one doES not have TOEFL?

what are my chances of getting visa without TOEFL from the canadian embassy?

Please house i need your advise i m new to the canadian educational system and i have veryy little or no know knowledge yet on how they grant visa at thier embassies here to nigeria students willing to study over there

please house help me with information concerning this[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by paparazzi1987(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Guys, I submitted my application on 18th of September and biometric has been done as well.

Please, i need someone to help me interpret my application status
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by morgan2006(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
it simply means ur application has been received and is under process. Relax, God is in control.

paparazzi1987:
Hello Guys, I submitted my application on 18th of September and biometric has been done as well.

Please, i need someone to help me interpret my application status

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aigbogun01: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Anyone for Engineering Management in University of Toronto winter 2016. Pls pm me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
uksconsult:
House good evening .please I would love someone to help with this few questions.I applied to a college in Alberta and was given an offer letter for January intake . So my questions are
1,can my husband and son accompany me to Canada . My husband will come back after 1 month because of his business .

2 what forms would both of them fill will applying with me .

3 .can I use 3 different sponsors. . My husband ,my elder sister and my aunt ?

Thanks would luv a response asap
My advice is don't apply through any program below pgd,based on your age.
People of similar issues where denied.
Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lobolintin:
Abeg make unah helep a brother with school wey cheap wey I fit apply ...thank yooo
Newbrunswich college, Brandon unuversity,and mun.ca.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
montrealer:
You must understand that any response or counsel given here is done with the best intentions (to help out).

Undergraduate study costs are recurring over a 3-4year period and as such the proof of funds has to be strong & sustainable over the course of study.

The currently available balance in the account does not cover your expenses for the first year (tuition 20,000 + living expenses). So the VO would be thinking, even if your sponsor sells the land to pay your bills this year, what would he have left to sell next year? Not forgetting that he needs to meet his needs & cater for three other children as well.

As for how often teenagers are rejected, I do not know but if you ask are teenagers rejected, the answer is: yes. The VO isn't as concerned about your age as he is about the strength of your application.

Read through the previous parts of the thread to learn from others who were refused on financial grounds.

"its better to take the time required to sharpen your axe before attempting to cut down a tree than to go ahead striking the tree with a blunt hammer". (seen on NL)

Try to do as @ayooluwatoni & deedee0 suggested: beef up the account, if the duplex is a rental property then that's another steady income source.

God of mercy!! my father has already submitted the application.
Can i start a fresh new application?
Will I be penalized?
Please I just want to get this right once and for all.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Why did you let your dad submit it? What is worth doing is worth doing well, bros.

In any case, you can't start a fresh application until you hear back from CIC about the application you just submitted.

When did your dad submit the app? Did you tell him about the bank statement balance issue?

AverageNed:
Will I be penalized?
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
AverageNed:
Will I be penalized?
Thank you.
My brother, u just have to enter serious fasting and prayers o.....because at this point, you're on your own
.....meaning, there's nothing you can do but to hope for the best. Nothing is impossible. ......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Solitin40: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
sholay2011:

Huge congratulations to you!
Oga Shola plz i nid ur help abt university of Manitoba my name is also shola plz drop ur mail so dat i can ask u d questions tank u bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
judnele:
Am going for undergraduate. Thou I applied with university of Winnipeg admission letter but am going to university of Manitoba college of nursing January 2016
Congrats! What Prog were u accepted for at UoW? I'm aware of ur intent to come to UoM.. Just wondering

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
thesoj:
Why did you let your dad submit it? What is worth doing is worth doing well, bros.

In any case, you can't start a fresh application until you hear back from CIC about the application you just submitted.

When did your dad submit the app? Did you tell him about the bank statement balance issue?

I sent an email to him, and he told me he had already submitted it before seeing the email.
So does it mean that i am guaranteed denail with the documents i sent?
are my documents that bad am i entirely hopeless?
sad
thesoj:

I sent an email to him, and he told me he had already submitted it before seeing the email.
are my documents that bad am i entirely hopeless? sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
No it is not a guaranteed denial. You just have to hope for the VO's generosity.

Anything is possible, though your chances are more like 50:50 (or lower) in this situation. But given that it is your dad/parent that is your sponsor, and he seems to have a good source of income and high net-worth assets, the VO could still give you.

Don't stress yourself about it. What is done is done. This is what is called a sunk cost that you shouldn't stress yourself worrying about. What you can do is come up with a contingency plan of what do in the case the app isn't approved. So, I'd advise you find a way to boost your dad's account (and/or brokerage/investment accounts) to at least N9m within the next 4-6 weeks. In case the app isn't approved, you would then be able to reapply immediately with sufficient liquid funds.

AverageNed:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
thesoj:
No it is not a guaranteed denial. You just have to hope for the VO's generosity.

Anything is possible, though your chances are more like 50:50 (or lower) in this situation. But given that it is your dad/parent that is your sponsor, and he seems to have a good source of income and high net-worth assets, the VO could still give you.

Don't stress yourself about it. What is done is done. This is what is called a sunk cost that you shouldn't stress yourself worrying about. What you can do is come up with a contingency plan of what do in the case the app isn't approved. So, I'd advise you find a way to boost your dad's account (and/or brokerage/investment accounts) to at least N9m within the next 4-6 weeks. In case the app isn't approved, you would then be able to reapply immediately with sufficient liquid funds.

Thank you for your help so far. God will bless you.
I have left everything into God's hands... he knows whats best for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
IyaEjima:

Congrats! What Prog were u accepted for at UoW? I'm aware of ur intent to come to UoM.. Just wondering

I was given sciences. It's like a pre professional course for medical school. Pre-medicine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teds(f): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
omooba2015:

Congratulations my brother, at last God Win! ...
Congrats oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Solitin40: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
hello house
i wnt to apply for university of Manitoba (jan2016) i hope it is nt late to start?
wht is university 1 program?
Is d tuition fee for a yr or per semester
whch one is suitable living on campus or off campus i prefer d off campus becuz on campus is tu expensive
How to get an apartment outside schk esp living wth Nigerians(undergraduate) 4yrs
Lastly how much is expected in ones parent bnk acct
tanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by cyrielo(m): 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Solitin40:
hello house
i wnt to apply for university of Manitoba (jan2016) i hope it is nt late to start?
wht is university 1 program?
Is d tuition fee for a yr or per semester
whch one is suitable living on campus or off campus i prefer d off campus becuz on campus is tu expensive
How to get an apartment outside schk esp living wth Nigerians(undergraduate) 4yrs
Lastly how much is expected in ones parent bnk acct
tanks
All your questions have already been answered kindly check previous posts start from part 6

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
@thesoj, howfar with your brother's application? Has a decision been made yet? When did he submit? You've been kinda silent on the matter......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Solitin40: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
cyrielo:
All your questions have already been answered kindly check previous posts start from part 6
mogbe part6 to part 9
majority r masters applicant
The undergraduate is nt explained very well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Solitin40: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
judnele:

I was given sciences. It's like a pre professional course for medical school. Pre-medicine
Are u going to university of Manitoba? or university of winnipeg?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lol. Thanks for asking. Yeah he and I were preoccupied with it for the past month and half.
We submitted it this Monday and he did biometrics the next day. We did online route. The documentation for his application was as perfect as we could make it. Yet, he is a complex applicant because he doesn't have an employment letter... he has been a software developer for four years since NYSC and he didn't register his company (until recently... though we didn't include the recent CAC as it may look fishy) so for proof of what he's been doing, we included attestation of work letters from several of his clients, and also included several descriptive multi-page demos/screenshots of some of the software he's developed. His CV was also detailed & concise about the different software & clients and how he wrote the software. He's really good at software... I think the demos will impress the VO. Most of his clients are small so it's not like he made a lot of money doing it, but he just has a passion for good coding (not just simple websites)... we were transparent about this in the app.

In his SOP, we were also open about why he decided to be an independent software developer and not get a job with some big company. I believe the SOP was extraordinarily good (lol... it took so long to perfect it). In it, we were transparent about everything, yet mostly focused on my brother's passions, how he has grown being on his own as a developer since finishing NYSC, and what he plans to do in Naija with the additional training in Canada... if the VO reads the SOP I think his chance of getting approved is like 90%... if the VO doesn't read the SOP then his chances are probably like 35%... gotta be objective lol. In any case, we have a backup plan if Canada doesn't work. I doubt that we would apply again if he doesn't get it. This application was the best we could do.

ayooluwatoni:
@thesoj, howfar with your brother's application? Has a decision been made yet? When did he submit? You've been kinda silent on the matter......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.