Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1030394 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 12:37am On Oct 19, 2015
i am not married...just use that status to apply for us visa, i grad in 2010 and and been working, i recently just did a prof exam which me lots money; CCIE to be precise, my acct is red now...very red...i will use maternal uncle as sponsor and also my pop man.
i am also trusting God for some financial support from the sch as i had a very good grade in UG.

what is your view.
ayooluwatoni:

Hmmm....u want to deny your husband because of Canada? That's not good (if you truly married). But if u were never married, the you may claim to be divorced. And except you just graduated or just finished nysc (which means you don't have study gap) you may still need to submit your SOA o. So what's your profile? When did you finish UG? What have you been doing? Are/were you married for real?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freeR1: 2:06am On Oct 19, 2015
fatanu:
thanks.... i actually saw something like that...that they sign agreement of info sharing... the link below
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/12/202065.htm

Increased information sharing will support better decision-making by both countries to confirm applicants’ identities, and identify risks and inadmissible persons at the earliest opportunity. It will increase safety and security, as both countries work to identify terrorists, violent criminals, and others who pose a risk before they reach our borders. All officers working on immigration and refugee protection will be equipped with more information to make decisions. This will better protect the safety and security of Americans and Canadians alike and further facilitate legitimate travel.

Primary reason for sharing information is stated clearly above. As long as you are not on any watch list, you are fine. Be truthful in your new CA application and don't worry about USA. Boys wey don file for GC for USCIS wey gock they apply for visa for CA and get it clean. I am giving you first hand info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 2:56am On Oct 19, 2015
@fatanu, please dismiss @freeR1's reckless advice. Canada and the USA indeed share applicant information. This sharing is automated and includes "biographic and biometric" information; the biographic info may or may not include marital status information but I would advise you to assume that it does. This topic has been discussed on this thread over and over and over again, with proof. Yet, @freeR1 for some reason is consistently promulgating a false and dangerous position, even after @ayooluwatoni corrected him/her. @fatanu, you will be responsible for the outcome of whatever you decide. In any case, you need to be as honest as you can in visa applications. Most VOs are human beings, and you can appeal to their sense of rationality and emotion in order to help them understand your situation particularly if you are a complex applicant. Additionally, if you don't qualify for a Canada or US visa, there are other amazing countries in the world too. Don't treat it as a do or die proposition that may lead you to being banned from many countries.

There was an applicant in the earlier threads who was rejected for a Canada TRV because he/she didn't disclose a prior US visa denial in his/her application. CIC found out because they have access to this info from the US State Department. There was also another applicant on the USA visa thread that was denied a US visa because he/she did not disclose a prior UK visa denial, yet the US Embassy knew because they share information with a range of countries. FYI, information sharing between countries is not always made public. Also, always assume that all Five Eyes countries share as much information (about non-citizens) as possible.

Finally, information sharing is not restricted to only terrorists.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:50am On Oct 19, 2015
berexio1:
tnx. This info was timely!
I'm glad it was : )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2015
Shebol01:
Bro. I wanna know if the driving license in question is for both Auto and Manual transmission or any. For some of us that can drive only Auto, any advise about getting a full driver license in Nigeria here. Pls advise.

you can have the test in either auto or manual, lol it's gonna be so amazing to see anyone doing it with manual, when with automatic some people get it on 8-10 trials, 3-5 trials is considered normal, but still people pass it once but hardly ever. I'm not sure how you can get 9ja license, I got mine couple years back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:16am On Oct 19, 2015
kkokoma:
Hi all,

Please I intend to travel to Ottawa, Canada for the Xmas & New year. I discovered that Turkish Airline from Lagos to Toronto is the cheapest fare.

I want to know if I can fly Turkish Airline to Toronto and book a local flight ( Air Canada) from Toronto to Ottawa . This would save more than N50,000

I want to know if I would have any problem at the Point of Entry since in my Visa application I stated I was going to see my brother in Ottawa
you shouldn't have a problem, you just might have to wait longer in Toronto before getting a flight, you might also have to get your flight booked and get the tickets before approaching the boarder securities, cus they will definitely request for your ticket to your final location.good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Neelzar:
Hi all,

A friend of mine just got her PR through spousal sponsorship. With the new foreign currency reforms in Nigeria, where can she get Canadian dollars for her to travel?

Thanks
USD will definitely be accepted if she needs to get food on her way, and when she gets to her location CIBC, RBC or Scotia Bank can help her convert her USD to CAD without her getting an account with them.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennybravo1(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2015
This week will be full of good and great news in Jesus name amen

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2015
juliusagwua:
I really wanna know if travel history really matters in securing Canadian study permit cry
No bid deal, Canada visa was the first visa stamp on my passport, didn't even have Ghana boarder stamp prior.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2015
obaraima:
Please ppl that have been patiently waiting for 11 weeks now, howdhave u been able to control Ur bp because it's just 10 days I submitted and my bp is already high. Am now so scared of my phone...once I have a notification, my heart skips a beat. God plss help me oo
If you don't control you Bp, it will cost you your application through your medical test lol..jk not your portion. IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2015
It's been just a year ago and everything seem new, i thank you Lord.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doublex: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2015
wow,would like to visit this country,apparently has one of the top lowest crime rate and is really clean.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by idolda: 6:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Khalesi:

Mine is $6942 just tuition for winter session. For one year I simply rounded up to 7000 and multiplied by three sessions(winter+summer+fall).

Hello, please is an academic year in Canada 3 semesters or 2?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nyquist(m): 7:01am On Oct 19, 2015
Teds:

17th Aug, bio 21st Aug. Wat abt u

I got another 'thanks for your patience mail' today. Hopefully, we would hear frm cic this week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Hello guys, please I need ur help here o, I tried to Track my application, it says not found, pls what should I do. It says open in the status of application. I submitted last week Monday. Pls ur info /advise is well appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tbill: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Hi Guys Please am tryna make an application to UofOttawa as regards M.Eng Engineering Management. I hold a B.sc in Building tech from the faculty of environmental sciences and cant seem to find my course on the drop down list. My question is ;

1) Is it right to pick environmental and resource science as my field of study since i graduated from the faculty of environmental sciences although i had my major in Building which is closer to civil engineering

Kindly advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thefavouredgirl: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2015
Good morning all ,
my processed passport was dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 14/10/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. can I Pick it up today? Do you think it will be ready for collection , didn't get a mail from VFS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2015
I have sent almost 35emails to Professors in my field across most of the universities in Canada during the weekend(Fri, Sat, Sunday). 6 of them said they aren't accepting any grad student this coming FALL 2016, and Almost 25 haven't replied, 1 said they need 77%, which i told him if I can send my WES evaluated transcript(awaiting his reply) and 1 replied this below yesterday..

Dear EbuDox
Thank you for your email.  Before any further discussion we need to know if you have the grades to be accepted by McGill Univeristy.  Please send a copy of your transcripts and your TOEFL scores if you have taken the exam.  I hope that you have checked McGill’s website for applicants to graduate studies.
Cheers,

Guys, what should this dull boy do?. Or am i not getting something right?. Abi I should wait, maybe they will reply me this week?.. Most schools deadline is fast approaching.. Should I apply without contacting any professors again?. I dunno what to do.. angry sad angry

PS: My school doesn't issue transcript handy to students. But I have my transcript already evaluated by WES.. I had 3.54/5.0 (3.15/4.0 WES evaluation). angry angry angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2015
fatanu:
i am not married...just use that status to apply for us visa, i grad in 2010 and and been working, i recently just did a prof exam which me lots money; CCIE to be precise, my acct is red now...very red...i will use maternal uncle as sponsor and also my pop man.
i am also trusting God for some financial support from the sch as i had a very good grade in UG.

what is your view.

To be on a safe side, you will still need to submit ur soa, to avoid being rejected on grounds of personal asset and finance + purpose of visit. So if you can raise your balance a bit, pls do. You will most likely need to proof that you've been in a good employment since 2010 when you graduated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 9:59am On Oct 19, 2015
thanks...i will like to pm you on this...i am totally confuse.
thesoj:
@fatanu, please dismiss @freeR1's reckless advice. Canada and the USA indeed share applicant information. This sharing is automated and includes "biographic and biometric" information; the biographic info may or may not include marital status information but I would advice you to assume that it does. This topic has been discussed on this thread over and over and over again, with proof. Yet, @freeR1 for some reason is consistently promulgating a false and dangerous position, even after @ayooluwatoni corrected him/her. @fatanu, you will be responsible for the outcome of whatever you decide. In any case, you need to be as honest as you can in visa applications. Most VOs are human beings, and you can appeal to their sense of rationality and emotion in order to help them understand your situation particularly if you are a complex applicant. Additionally, if you don't qualify for a Canada or US visa, there are other amazing countries in the world too. Don't treat it as a do or die proposition that may lead you to being banned from many countries.

There was an applicant in the earlier threads who was rejected for a Canada TRV because he/she didn't disclose a prior US visa denial in his/her application. CIC found out because they have access to this info from the US State Department. There was also another applicant on the USA visa thread that was denied a US visa because he/she did not disclose a prior UK visa denial, yet the US Embassy knew because they share information with a range of countries. FYI, information sharing between countries is not always made public. Also, always assume that all Five Eyes countries share as much information (about non-citizens) as possible.

Finally, information sharing is not restricted to only terrorists.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thefavouredgirl: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2015
Hi @ayooluwatoni did you get mail from vfs before going to pick up your passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by candleimole: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2015
lamama1:
Hello House,

A quick 1 here, when can 1 travel for a january start date, is November not to early to travel, and hp there won't be an issue if u first land at another province other than the province ur institution is. I mean if u don't go to ur school directly cos I m planning on seeing fam b4 ending out to school.

Don't risk going anywhere aside from where you listed in your application. BCO won't see it from your own perspective.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2015
i have a cooperative account of #500k.... can that be enough.
ayooluwatoni:

To be on a safe side, you will still need to submit ur soa, to avoid being rejected on grounds of personal asset and finance + purpose of visit. So if you can raise your balance a bit, pls do. You will most likely need to proof that you've been in a good employment since 2010 when you graduated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2015
EbuDox:
I have sent almost 35emails to Professors in my field across most of the universities in Canada during the weekend(Fri, Sat, Sunday). 6 of them said they aren't accepting any grad student this coming FALL 2016, and Almost 25 haven't replied, 1 said they need 77%, which i told him if I can send my WES evaluated transcript(awaiting his reply) and 1 replied this below yesterday..

Dear EbuDox
Thank you for your email.  Before any further discussion we need to know if you have the grades to be accepted by McGill Univeristy.  Please send a copy of your transcripts and your TOEFL scores if you have taken the exam.  I hope that you have checked McGill’s website for applicants to graduate studies.
Cheers,

Guys, what should this dull boy do?. Or am i not getting something right?. Abi I should wait, maybe they will reply me this week?.. Most schools deadline is fast approaching.. Should I apply without contacting any professors again?. I dunno what to do.. angry sad angry

PS: My school doesn't issue transcript handy to students. But I have my transcript already evaluated by WES.. I had 3.54/5.0 (3.15/4.0 WES evaluation). angry angry angry
thesoj, ayooluwatoni, sholay2011, berexio1, khalesi and others .. Pls Sirs, Na beg I dey beg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fatanu: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2015
The two schools i applied to didnt require me to contact a supervisor, though it is advisable... i am also planning to approach them. As for the transcript, use your company name like they are the one requesting for the transcript, that way you will have your transcript at hand. thats how i did mine.
EbuDox:

thesoj, ayooluwatoni, sholay2011, berexio1, khalesi and others .. Pls Sirs, Na beg I dey beg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2015
fatanu:
The two schools i applied to didnt require me to contact a supervisor, though it is advisable... i am also planning to approach them. As for the transcript, use your company name like they are the one requesting for the transcript, that way you will have your transcript at hand. thats how i did mine.
Thanks bro... But can I know d names of the two schools?. And how's is their tuition fee like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Drajah(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2015
ohammed199:
yes bro.... Senecca all the way !!!

Did you apply through Ontariocolleges.ca or you applied directly through the schools website?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fexy50(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Neco cert
Bsc statement of result
Transcript
NYSC cert
Letter of acceptance
Cv
Sop

SoA father 16m credits/debit 8.6M closin balance
Mother 8M credit/debit 3.9M closin balance
Mine 2M credit/debit 5H closin balance
2 land documents belonging to Dad
1 land document belonging to Me

Hope am good to go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teds(f): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2015
Nyquist:

I got another 'thanks for your patience mail' today. Hopefully, we would hear frm cic this week.
Nah mine is a college not a uni.Ok cool. Hopefully this week ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Habeeb521:

are you also waiting for seneca admission for 2016. because i do #team_ seneca
Also a Seneca college applicant

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BidemiZoe(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi guys, please I need your advice. I submitted my application since August and got a mail from VFS Global that my application has been forwarded to Canada Visa Office Accra.
Tracking my application last weekend I found "your processed passport has been dispatched from The Canada Visa Office Accra on 14/10/2015 to the Canada Visa Application centre.
I am left wondering what this means because I am yet to receive any invitation for medical.
Can someone please help with a piece of advice on what this signifies.
My school resumes in January 2016 and I need to put my traveling documents in order before the end of December 2015.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.