Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037190 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungemmy: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hi Am new here, submitted my study permit application online since july 27 , got a mail in sept ,when i check my cic, no new message, and uptil now nothing has been heard..am scared...Is it normal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
ceemac:

@EmmaMsc... I sent you a PM as I will like you to lead me on how I can secure admission for 2016 in Elect/Elect with a CGPA of 3.9/5.0..

I will be waiting baba as we are even namesake sef..... Lolz

Off course. I will offer my help to the best of my ability.
Cheers cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
chigoziri7:
Good morning house. Please i need some advice.

@Khalesi, @thesoj, @montrealer @EmmaMsc and all,
Please as a graduate of french langauge (B.A 2005, 2.1, 3.77 GP) with over 7years professional experience in Human Resources, Apart from applying for an MBA or Masters in HR or Masters in French Language, Which other course or program can i apply to and Justify well in an SOP directly or indirectly using my language skills and professional skills.

Thank you for your advice.

Hi I suggest you go for a masters in HR (study in french language). This should be easier to explain in your SOP.

CHEERS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ljayy: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello house I got denied because of my personal statement of account, insufficient funds, I used my sister's husband as my main sponsor then. He had. A fixed account of 16million and asalary account of 5million, right now I am. Applying again with my. Sister. Ass the. Main ssponsor and. Her husband as the co sponsor, please I need your help here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
ewilusi:
Hi,
I am of the same predicament, I submitted on the 5th Aug to resume sept but i had to defer for Jan 2016 till date I hvnt gotten any medical call yet. from my tracking number which contains CAAB in it, I learnt it means my application is bin processed here in Lagos. So do I still do a case special enquiry? Tho the processing time in Lagos Nigeria is 41 weeks.. getting fed up and rethinking..

Yes you should do an enquiry cos 41 weeks (about 10 months) is actually not realistic. Most persons here get a response from them within 8 weeks.

BTW, i think CAAB means Abuja cos I did my biometrics in Abuja and my tracking number starts with CAAB.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Someone in a similar situation recently asked this same question. Read the last three pages, and see the post above.

yungemmy:
Hi Am new here, submitted my study permit application online since july 27 , got a mail in sept ,when i check my cic, no new message, and uptil now nothing has been heard..am scared...Is it normal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oscarpellenchy: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hi all, need your candid advice here please, trying to package application for wify whos a chartered accountant,ACA, but has been working in a different profession for past 6 years,also on contract basis too, one of my concerns is the issue of her work being a home tie,since her job is on contract basis,not permanent, will the VO see her going there to study as an escape route from her job here in naija and ultimately not to return again? Husband and kids are right here...responses please...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
How much is your program's annual tuition? How long is your program?

You were denied for insufficient funds either because there wasn't sufficient money available in your sponsor's account or/and the VO had issues with the credibility of your sponsor's source of funds & plans to sponsor you.

Also, do you mean you were also delayed for "Personal Assets & Financial Status" as opposed to "Personal Statement of Account"?
Ljayy:
Hello house I got denied because of my personal statement of account, insufficient funds, I used my sister's husband as my main sponsor then. He had. A fixed account of 16million and asalary account of 5million, right now I am. Applying again with my. Sister. Ass the. Main ssponsor and. Her husband as the co sponsor, please I need your help here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ljayy: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
thesoj:
How much is your program's annual tuition? How long is your program?

You were denied for insufficient funds either because there wasn't sufficient money available in your sponsor's account or/and the VO had issues with the credibility of your sponsor's source of funds & plans to sponsor you.

Also, do you mean you were also delayed for "Personal Assets & Financial Status" as opposed to "Personal Statement of Account"?
yes personal assest and finacial status, why was I denied with that, I was still serving then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
The VO probably just wanted to add spice to your denial letter. Their job is a boring one.

Btw, you didn't answer the question about your program's tuition and length.

Ljayy:
yes personal assest and finacial status, why was I denied with that, I was still serving then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by FransixOsita(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good day guys. Pls I'm trying to apply for a visiting visa to Canada. My fiance is schooling in Canada and just sent me an invitation, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I intend to stay for 2 weeks and come back. I have a job here. What can I do pls? Anyone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eziafakise: 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
[i][/i]Good day house,
my name is Stephanie , please I need to get some info on how to apply to schools in Canada, I applied for a visit visa in June this year, and travelled September but I'm back to Nigeria cos I work here, my questions are :
how do I go about application looking at U OF C { university of Calgary}, mount royal university also in Calgary because my sister lives there, her husband said schools are quite expensive in alberta cos its an oil province so please I need a candid advise on how to apply for a cheaper university fee against sep next year though I have a valid visit visa that will expire in 2018 I hope this doesn't affect my application as well . thank all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by theoneGodloves: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
TimeplusChance:
Wooow. You mean you received medical call within three days? Which hospital did you use. If u check some records of pple who got medical call within three weeks, I think it took another three weeks before they got their approval email.
However, jus keep praying. A lady from an hospital called me yesterday that someone who did medical early last month just got approval email yesterday.
did my medicals at children practice hospital in ikoyi!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by theoneGodloves: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello pple!!!!

Am so worried...I applied 1st of sept 15(paper route), medical call: 21st sept, medical done :22nd sept. I made a cal thru to d hospital(children's practice in ikoyi) n was tld my med ws forwarded 29th. Uptil now, ve nt hrd from d embassy!

Does it tk ds long to get an approval mail!!! My hrt skips evry second...

@team12, @emmamsc @thesoj @khalesi pls is ds normal.Please respond. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by FransixOsita(m): 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
eziafakise:
[i][/i]Good day house,
my name is Stephanie , please I need to get some info on how to apply to schools in Canada, I applied for a visit visa in June this year, and travelled September but I'm back to Nigeria cos I work here, my questions are :
how do I go about application looking at U OF C { university of Calgary}, mount royal university also in Calgary because my sister lives there, her husband said schools are quite expensive in alberta cos its an oil province so please I need a candid advise on how to apply for a cheaper university fee against sep next year though I have a valid visit visa that will expire in 2018 I hope this doesn't affect my application as well . thank all

Stephanie I'm pretty much in the same position with u, but a little behind u now. I'm applying for a visit visa now and will later apply for study. Pls I'm gonna need u to help me with info about how u went about ur visiting visa. My fiance is in Canada and has sent me an invite. Pls get back to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ljayy: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
thesoj:
The VO probably just wanted to add spice to your denial letter. Their job is a boring one.

Btw, you didn't answer the question about your program's tuition and length.

my program is process quality engineering conestoga college, I studied chemical engineering, do you have any suggestion on what I can put for my current employment status.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Questions similar to yours have been answered two or three times over the last three pages. Yes, it is very normal. Also, having done medicals is not anymore a guarantee that your application has been approved. Just calm down, be optimistic, and go about your regular life.

theoneGodloves:
Hello pple!!!!
Am so worried...I applied 1st of sept 15(paper route), medical call: 21st sept, medical done :22nd sept. I made a cal thru to d hospital(children's practice in ikoyi) n was tld my med ws forwarded 29th. Uptil now, ve nt hrd from d embassy!
Does it tk ds long to get an approval mail!!! My hrt skips evry second...

@team12, @emmamsc @thesoj @khalesi pls is ds normal.Please respond. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Well, your best guess is as good as mine. Is there anything you do in your spare time? Like volunteering at church (e.g. if you are church worker)? Or taking computer courses? Or... I hope you are not being completely and absolutely idle. CIC doesn't like idle people, and in Naija it isn't good to be idle anyways.

Ljayy:
my program is process quality engineering conestoga college, I studied chemical engineering, do you have any suggestion on what I can put for my current employment status.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Joe980: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Khalesi:
@thesoj, thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah I'm aware I'll be paying fees for the summer session if I register to take courses therein. My program is charged a flat fee per session no matter the number of courses registered provided one remains within the limits min 6 credit unit - max 15credit units/session. I'll plan to limit my program to 3sessions. So I might take the summer break and finish by 2017 Winter. Fair enough, I'll go ahead and drop one course from my already registered four courses to see how I can cope with 3courses and an accompanying toddler. moreover, winter is coming grin
Please try understand the core courses before dropping. Some courses are offered in a particular calendar and once you drop it then you might have to wait till the next. Besides, would advise not to drop for now till you resume, understand the process, see if you could cope and if not there is a time limit to drop.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChicoBoy: 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hey Guys good evening.

A massive appreciation for the job you do here.

I have a small issue I need clarification on.

I applied for my visa a few weeks ago using an admission from Conestoga college.
Just now I received an offer from Carleton university for MEng. Will this affect the outcome of my application??
How do I go about effecting this change to my application. A friend says I could go ahead and effect change when I get to the POE..

PS: I have been required to do my medicals.

Super Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hey Guys,

been following this thread since part 7, thou my testimony is coming late, being busy trying to settle down and catch up with class and assignment, better late than never

1ST APPLICATION
submitted=27th April
refused =9th June
Reasons
purpose of travel
current employment situation
personal asset and financial status.

2ND APPLICATION
Submitted=14th July, with upfront medicals.
passport request=17th September submitted the next day
correspondence letter =24th September

want to say a big thank you to Siga, flemmy, bobola86, Team12, others and someone who introduced me to this thread

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
ChicoBoy:
Hey Guys good evening.

I applied for my visa a few weeks ago using an admission from Conestoga college.
Just now I received an offer from Carleton university for MEng. Will this affect the outcome of my application??
How do I go about effecting this change to my application. A friend says I could go ahead and effect change when I get to the POE..

Super Thanks.
You can effect the change at POE, thats what i did

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChicoBoy: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Pinkygrace:
You can effect the change at POE, thats what i did

Thanks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by busayo21: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
There is no problem with that. I had the same issue.

Applied to cic with humber college letter, later changed to George brown college when Humber resumed. Got my visa.

I later applied to Conestoga College when I got a better course. Changed the school at POE.

I was asked why I changed my school....and I told the officer I got a better course and she smiled.

ChicoBoy:
Hey Guys good evening.

Super Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abigeh(f): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
[left][/left]
Khalesi:
Yay! My application has been approved. My toddler and I.

UOttawa MEng Jan 2016
Upfront Medicals.
Online application submitted 26th
Biometrics 29th September
Passport Request 8th October
Passport sent 12th October
Approval 15th October

12 work days in all. Thanks to you all that have contributed to this thread in one way or the other. Special thanks to Team12, I never contacted you but knowing we have similar circumstances I followed your posts closely. Wishing all TRV hopefuls same success stories. Just put in your best in your application and leave the rest to God. While packaging your application, put yourself in the position of a VO and give detailed explanation and support documents to answer any question/clarification you think they may need.

Time to go search for accommodation and alternate child care center. The waitlist seems to be on snail speed.

What flights are cheap with shorter layovers?
Congratz..i got admitted into Uottawa for winter 2016 Meng. I just want to know about the accommodations, I was sent a link from the school but I need more. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abigeh(f): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
August 12th, online, Uottawa, Meng, still in progress
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
abigeh:
August 12th, online, Uottawa, Meng, still in progress
Ottawa MEng don colonise this thread oo..Pls why is everyone going there?Abi na the 2.2 thingy?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
fexy50:
Yeah, am a fresh graduate, studied Mathematics, going for Msc Mathematics & Finance

Which University?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayoshyne(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Pinkygrace:
Hey Guys,

been following this thread since part 7, thou my testimony is coming late, being busy trying to settle down and catch up with class and assignment, better late than never

1ST APPLICATION
submitted=27th April
refused =9th June
Reasons
purpose of travel
current employment situation
personal asset and financial status.

2ND APPLICATION
Submitted=14th July, with upfront medicals.
passport request=17th September submitted the next day
correspondence letter =24th September

want to say a big thank you to Siga, flemmy, bobola86, Team12, others and someone who introduced me to this thread

Hi @pinkiegrace, pls how did u deal with the purpose of visit and employment situation in the 2nd application. Your response would be duly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by YeToonde(f): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hey everyone. I had to register to share my testimony as it may just be what someone particularly needs at a point. Forgive the length cos this thread has been dry for a while compared to when I first found it.

All in a bid to satisfy my curiosity, I stumbled upon this thread about 2 weeks into my online application. Coupled with satisfying my curiosity, the thread subtlely exposed my many flaws. I thought I had my application all together until it got to the rush hour & mass denial turned the order of the day. But then the rush period passed, CIC september recess and then even afterwards! People be giving their testimonies and behind my phone I'd be like well, There is God! Some people expressed their worries after about a month into their app & after reading I'm just like 'me wey done dey wait since June nko".

However after weeks of seemingly endless waiting, I already gave myself delay letter when God didn't. I been done tick Insufficient funds (lol). + I was really scared when the US & CA sharing information thingy came up cos I failed to give up one of my brother's temporary residence in d US + there was this UG guy who was 17 & was denied. Someone posed probably cos he was underage + i didn't even declare my UK visa, so Travel history suppose be follow come too. There and then i just told myself to get off it as the main reasons for denial are what i failed to fix in my app. But God showed up for me, guys the miracles that happen with prayers ehn? cannot be overemphasized kwa. God won eventually!
University of Manitoba (Winter 2016)
UG Nursing; (Transfer from a Nursing school)
DOA: 26th June 2015
BIO: 3rd July '15
Med. call: 14th August.
Med. done: 17th August.
Med. passed: 21st August.
Passport request: 20th October.

My app was so imperfect but like a lady on here said something like 'it may tarry' but it will surely come. All I submitted was;
CIC forms
Acceptance letter
Dad's bank statement (5.8M only; you see why I ticked insufficient funds?)
Waec result
Birth certificate
SOP
Document checklist sha
If this didn't come now, I probably would have failed my Nursing board exam which is in 2 weeks(lol. the worries were all over me) but God's timing is perfect.
Note: I only turned 18 a month+ after submitting my app.
Glory to God!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
I tap into Ur testimony/miracle my application is still being processed but because of Ur own miracle, mine will also come out approved and in record time. Am so happy for u!!
Khalesi:
Yay! My application has been approved. My toddler and I.

UOttawa MEng Jan 2016
Upfront Medicals.
Online application submitted 26th
Biometrics 29th September
Passport Request 8th October
Passport sent 12th October
Approval 15th October

12 work days in all. Thanks to you all that have contributed to this thread in one way or the other. Special thanks to Team12, I never contacted you but knowing we have similar circumstances I followed your posts closely. Wishing all TRV hopefuls same success stories. Just put in your best in your application and leave the rest to God. While packaging your application, put yourself in the position of a VO and give detailed explanation and support documents to answer any question/clarification you think they may need.

Time to go search for accommodation and alternate child care center. The waitlist seems to be on snail speed.

What flights are cheap with shorter layovers?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Congratulations prayer truly is the master key.With God all things are possible. More testimonies are on the way...including mine!
YeToonde:
Hey everyone. I had to register to share my testimony as it may just be what someone particularly needs at a point. Forgive the length cos this thread has been dry for a while compared to when I first found it.
All in a bid to satisfy my curiosity, I stumbled upon this thread about 2 weeks into my online application. Coupled with satisfying my curiosity, the thread subtlely exposed my many flaws. I thought I had my application all together until it got to the rush hour & mass denial turned the order of the day. But then the rush period passed, CIC september recess and then even afterwards! People be giving their testimonies and behind my phone I'd be like well, There is God! Some people expressed their worries after about a month into their app & after reading I'm just like 'me wey done dey wait since June nko".
However after weeks of seemingly endless waiting, I already gave myself delay letter when God didn't. I been done tick Insufficient funds (lol). + I was really scared when the US & CA sharing information thingy came up cos I failed to give up one of my brother's temporary residence in d US + there was this UG guy who was 17 & was denied. Someone posed probably cos he was underage + i didn't even declare my UK visa, so Travel history suppose be follow come too. There and then i just told myself to get off it as the main reasons for denial are what i failed to fix in my app. But God showed up for me, guys the miracles that happen with prayers ehn? cannot be overemphasized kwa. God won eventually!
University of Manitoba (Winter 2016)
UG Nursing; (Transfer from a Nursing school)
DOA: 26th June 2015
BIO: 3rd July '15
Med. call: 14th August.
Med. done: 17th August.
Med. passed: 21st August.
Passport request: 20th October.
My app was so imperfect but like a lady on here said something like 'it may tarry' but it will surely come. All I submitted was;
CIC forms
Acceptance letter
Dad's bank statement (5.8M only; you see why I ticked insufficient funds?)
Waec result
Birth certificate
SOP
Document checklist sha
If this didn't come now, I probably would have failed my Nursing board exam which is in 2 weeks(lol. the worries were all over me) but God's timing is perfect.
Note: I only turned 18 a month+ after submitting my app.
Glory to God!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.