Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342279 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by ababale(m): 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
noeloge82:

Why not keep them till xmas it will pay u better then than selling now

thank you for the tip Sir.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Cleoo(f): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Hey guys! Gudmrn, feels good to be back(couldn't access my account for some time). First of all, I want to thank My one and only boss, Mr Noel, for being a selfless and coolest mentor I've met so far. Before I met him here on nairaland, I was a novice and amateur when it comes to poultry farming, but his advice, lectures and contacts has taken me to another level! Noel am so grateful for all the help and support, God will enlarge ur coast, your benevolence shall never be in vain. In the present times, people hoard information and contacts, but you shared with us all ur knowledge and skills! I am forever indebted to you. #proudlyafarmer

4 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Cleoo(f): 6:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Am having issues posting pics here, but will send my pics to Mr Noel on watsapp so he can help me upload it here. So here's my analysis thus, My chicken at 8 weeks, average weight of 3kg! Cost of raising; drugs feeding and logistics =620 naira, bought it as DOC at 185 naira, total cost per bird =805 naira as at 8 weeks. After sorting my birds, I sold 40 of the smallest birds on Sunday to raise money to Feed the rest till Xmas at the range of 1800, 1700, 1500, and 1300. Will give other analysis as time goes on. God bless our hustles, amen.

6 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
Congrats on ur success may GOD be praised I believe that if the sky is big enough for the birds then sharing knowledge can encourage many of us and we can all survive here without disturbing anyone.
Attached is d pics of ur birds at 8wks Cleo

Cleoo:
Am having issues posting pics here, but will send my pics to Mr Noel on watsapp so he can help me upload it here. So here's my analysis thus, My chicken at 8 weeks, average weight of 3kg! Cost of raising; drugs feeding and logistics =620 naira, bought it as DOC at 185 naira, total cost per bird =805 naira as at 8 weeks. After sorting my birds, I sold 40 of the smallest birds on Sunday to raise money to Feed the rest till Xmas at the range of 1800, 1700, 1500, and 1300. Will give other analysis as time goes on. God bless our hustles, amen.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
More pics from cleo

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Fumbaby: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
noeloge82:
No probs if u have any challenge u can always ask , GOD will help all of us

Good pm prof neo, please how do I stop my chicks from stooling inside their feeder they are just 2days old today
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Which type of feeder are u using if its the normal red colour feeder the only thing u can do is to give them space in the broader to avoid congestion with that the will go away from d food except when they want to eat but if its just flat trays maybe u should buy the rubber red feeder

Fumbaby:

Good pm prof neo, please how do I stop my chicks from stooling inside their feeder they are just 2days old today
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kejykejy: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
noeloge82:
How many are u looking at raising,the cost ur talking about is it plus housing or just feeding and drugs?

I am looking at 50 birds, 20 males and 30 female the cost of feeding and medication frm 6 wks to maturity. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Fumbaby: 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
noeloge82:
Which type of feeder are u using if its the normal red colour feeder the only thing u can do is to give them space in the broader to avoid congestion with that the will go away from d food except when they want to eat but if its just flat trays maybe u should buy the rubber red feeder

Am using the normal red feeder, will do as you say
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Maturity of Turkey atmost 24wks they will be fully grown so 6-24 wks = 18wks so 50 turkeys will eat atmost ± 24 bags of finisher @ 2750 per top bag or 2550 per hybrid bag that's 66000 or 61200 ± 10000
So just have a budget of ± 90000
And at the end u may have change

shocked
kejykejy:

I am looking at 50 birds, 20 males and 30 female the cost of feeding and medication frm 6 wks to maturity. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by WhyNa: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Cleoo:

Wooow. You are really doing good. At 11 weeks, I've spent 1857 (deugs, feeding, logistics and labour) per bird. Kuddos!

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Fumbaby: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
CC okolola25
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kejykejy: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
noeloge82:
Maturity of Turkey atmost 24wks they will be fully grown so 6-24 wks = 18wks so 50 turkeys will eat atmost ± 24 bags of finisher @ 2750 per top bag or 2550 per hybrid bag that's 66000 or 61200 ± 10000
So just have a budget of ± 90000
And at the end u may have change

shocked
Thanks boss for the analysis
But u didn't include the medication
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
That's why I add ± 10000
The medications are antibiotics,anti cocci,and vaccines and the 10000 will cover the expensis

kejykejy:

Thanks boss for the analysis
But u didn't include the medication
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Cleoo(f): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
noeloge82:
Congrats on ur success may GOD be praised I believe that if the sky is big enough for the birds then sharing knowledge can encourage many of us and we can all survive here without disturbing anyone.
Attached is d pics of ur birds at 8wks Cleo

Thanks boss!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 11:00am On Dec 02, 2015
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blizzle(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Wow great work Cleo, they look well fed

noeloge82:
More pics from cleo

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blizzle(m): 4:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
are u currently treating them for fowl pox/

apexquest:
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
What u will do is on the due date for lasota don't treat the fowl pox , just administer. Ur lasota the next day u can continue with the pox treatment no probs

apexquest:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
noeloge82:
What u will do is on the due date for lasota don't treat the fowl pox , just administer. Ur lasota the next day u can continue with the pox treatment no probs

OK boss, although someone suggested otherwise. ..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Blizzle:
are u currently treating them for fowl pox/

Yes boss..for like a week now. They are all eating very well.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:46am On Dec 03, 2015
This the best practise tested and trusted by the way did u inject the birds against fowl pox or ur just using only pox care

Cos if the once still affected. Are not many u can use thalazole on them 1 tablet in d morning 1 in the evening for each of the birds and in 3days u will see it dried up.

apexquest:

OK boss, although someone suggested otherwise. ..

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2015
noeloge82:
This the best practise tested and trusted by the way did u inject the birds against fowl pox or ur just using only pox care

Cos if the once still affected. Are not many u can use thalazole on them 1 tablet in d morning 1 in the evening for each of the birds and in 3days u will see it dried up.

Ok... Since only a few ones still haven't completely dried up, I will give them the lasota next tomorrow . I use anicillin instead of thalazole, I hope it serves.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2015
Thalazole is a tablet Human being take just get it from a madicine shop open the mouth of each bird that still has pox and give them meanwhile anicillin is not for fowl pox except u mean ampicillin taken by human being if its anicillin read the indicatin its not for fowl pox , its for crd and coryza

apexquest:

Ok... Since only a few ones still haven't completely dried up, I will give them the lasota next tomorrow . I use anicillin instead of thalazole, I hope it serves.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blizzle(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
I was worried when my birds contacted it then, but they recovered fully so much so that all the swellings and blackheads on their comb totally disappeared. I dont consider fowl pox a life threatening disease and it doesnt stop the birds from eating or being active.

Someone suggested squeezing bitterleaf and effirin (i dont know the english name) adding to their water and applying the spent leaves to the affected area and it worked.

If you are still administering the fowlpox drug, u can wait until u finish that b4 giving lasota. But i would advise that you suspend the fowlpox drug now to be able to administer the monthly lasota. Cheers

apexquest:

Yes boss..for like a week now. They are all eating very well.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
Blizzle:
I was worried when my birds contacted it then, but they recovered fully so much so that all the swellings and blackheads on their comb totally disappeared. I dont consider fowl pox a life threatening disease and it doesnt stop the birds from eating or being active.

Someone suggested squeezing bitterleaf and effirin (i dont know the english name) adding to their water and applying the spent leaves to the affected area and it worked.

If you are still administering the fowlpox drug, u can wait until u finish that b4 giving lasota. But i would advise that you suspend the fowlpox drug now to be able to administer the monthly lasota. Cheers

Thanks...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by apexquest(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
noeloge82:
Thalazole is a tablet Human being take just get it from a madicine shop open the mouth of each bird that still has pox and give them meanwhile anicillin is not for fowl pox except u mean ampicillin taken by human being if its anicillin read the indicatin its not for fowl pox , its for crd and coryza

OK sir... Fully noted...
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obami007(m): 12:13am On Dec 05, 2015
noeloge82:

Boss,,,,please can u drop ur mail or whatsapp number ,,,I want to chat with u privately
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:07am On Dec 05, 2015
Noeloge@yahoo.com

obami007:

Boss,,,,please can u drop ur mail or whatsapp number ,,,I want to chat with u privately
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by teflondoncuzo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Am yet to administer the monthly lasota vaccine this month, can I still administer.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Yes u can
teflondoncuzo:
Am yet to administer the monthly lasota vaccine this month, can I still administer.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by mecuzee(m): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Pls how many kg of finisher feed will 100 broilers of 12 weeks old consume daily?

Also what can I use to treat the symptom shown in the picture. Dark green poop and the bird seem to be paralysed now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.