Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee (1708 Views)

Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja / Buhari Appoints Boss Gida Mustapha As MD Of National Inland Waterways Authority / Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Happiness87(f): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
With Nigerians beginning to raise eyebrows over the recent appointments made by President Muhammadu Buhari, more tongues are set to wag with the recent appointment of Abdulsalam Mohammed as the chairman of the committee saddled with the responsibility of establishing the country’s flag carrier.

According to investigations Mohammed, who is from Epe in Lagos, had previously served as the Managing Director of Discovery Airline, which was barred from operating earlier in the year due to incompetent management.

Discovery Airline was issued its Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) in June 2014.

Speaking at the inception of the airline, Mohammmed had said that “abysmal planning” in the management of many local airlines led to their collapse, promising that Discovery Airline would put in place an adequate plan concerning funding and the maintenance of their aircraft.

Just seven months down the line, precisely on Tuesday, January 13, 2015, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), announced that it had suspended the airline from operating any flight in the country, seizing the airline’s AOC in the process.

The suspension of the airline, according to Sam Adurogboye, the Deputy General Manager, Public Relation of the NCAA, was as a result of its inability to carry out certain corrective actions.

Adurogboye said: “In pursuit of its oversight responsibilities as stipulated by law, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has lately carried out a review of the operations of some Domestic Airlines after which letters of warning or suspension of Air Operator’s Certificate, AOC, were served on defaulters”.

The airline was also said to be owing staff salaries.

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 the NCAA lifted the suspension after the airline “showed commitment” towards offsetting outstanding staff salaries.

http://www.thecabletimes.com/buhari-appoints-md-of-failed-airline-head-of-new-national-carrier-committee/

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Happiness87(f): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
lol
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by likila: 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Haba?
The appointment is on merit!
He is the most qualified for the post.
I do not care where he is from.
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Firefire(m): 11:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Starships4u(m): 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Seriously this tribal stuff is getting out of hand.... This is truly trying to pay back those who voted him en_mass.... The winner takes it all..... Live ur life the way u like sha....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Great
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by oluspencer(m): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2015
The airline failed unders the failed Governemnt and did you take ur time to as what are the corrective measures..... (Maybe the airline didn't bribe)
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by gaetano: 1:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Everywhere I turn I see ab0ki. WTF!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Elinob(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
Thecabletimes?
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by wx9Z: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Baba know wetin e dey do so ? :/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by gwales: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Blame pdp for their failure
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by StOla: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Happiness87:
lol

Please return your former profile picture to its rightful place. Even without a face, it could not be forgotten.

At least, it was something to look forward to despite your
wailing posts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by StOla: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
gaetano:

Did you even read to see that the origin of the man was clearly identified as Epe Lagos?
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
gaetano:

Abdulsalam Mohammed is a Yoruba from Epe, Lagos.
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Nasman(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
Quote anywhere. People from Southern Nigeria are the most divided of people.
Someone will turn this page into tribal war. Keep fighting each other, while we in the North continue we with our political domination. Do you think is just by coincidence we dominated the army?
No house can stand with division. Learn from us, we are northerners first then Nigerians second.
You don't see us doing North West vs North East or North Central.
If you guys cant speak with one voice, then education you guys boast of is useless.
You call us illiterate, yet we always stay 100 steps ahead of politically.
Grow up, learn to love one another.
And I don't give a damn if anyone find this comment upsetting. I drop my case

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Happiness87:
lol
be sincere, have you succeeded in ALL your attempts in life so far? If NO..does that make u a failure?
Grow up and stop being grumpy as a spoilt child! Get it once and for all, there is a thin line between constructive criticism and HATRED..
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by doublewisdom: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
I don't care! Proudly 5%.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nasman:
Quote anywhere. People from Southern Nigeria are the most divided of people.
Someone will turn this page into tribal war. Keep fighting each other, while we in the North continue we with our political domination. Do you think is just by coincidence we dominated the army?
No house can stand with division. Learn from us, we are northerners first then Nigerians second.
You don't see us doing North West vs North East or North Central.
If you guys cant speak with one voice, then education you guys boast of is useless.
You call us illiterate, yet we always stay 100 steps ahead of politically.
Grow up, learn to love one another.
And I don't give a damn if anyone find this comment upsetting. I drop my case
The best statement I've read today...The SE are the worst set of tribalists in the south...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Moneyab(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
Good one Nasman. U hit d nail on the head
Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
more of that pls. BIAFRA is the deal, not appointments. the ZOO can go to HELL.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 20, 2015
likila:
Haba? The appointment is on merit! He is the most qualified for the post. I do not care where he is from.

Are u intentionally dumb

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... / Caption This Pic Of Obasanjo+Ex-US President Jimmy Carter At White House In 1977 / ‎Top 5 Achievements Of President Buhari In Six Month - Pc0youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.