Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers (732 Views)

Thanks To The Moderator Who Help Resolve This (Photo) / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) / Nairaland Spammers/scammers Report Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by segwise(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
The important sections of Nairaland that are currently suffering most from the activities of scammers and spammers are:
1. Business
2. Investment
3. Technology market
4. Properties
5. Autos

3. Infact, the honest truth is that any section that has to do with exchange of money either by wanting to buy or wanting to sell a product is open to attack by both scammers and spammers.
For spammers, they tend to spam sections with more traffic and this is normal in all social forums.
Some scammers will tell you they offer a service at a ridiculus price and will tell you to click a link to see more or send a message to a certain mobile number or send an email to a certain mail.
Most of these spammers are bloggers who just want to direct traffic to their blogs, so, since they know that nairaland has a lot of traffic, they come there to draw traffic.
4. They are easily identified by the kind of message and info they bring to the forum. They either tell you to click a link, send an email, send a message to a phone number or send a curious message that the reader wants to know more. In any case, the objective is the same; to move you away from the public forum so that they can extort you. You just have to watch it and be careful.
5. My job as a CEO for more than 8 years and leader of company have given me a lot of experience dealing with people. I have had a lot of personal encounters with scammers who probably would call you, disguising as an old friend or send you an email just to obtain information. Therefore, I have guarded myself. How? firstly, I regard every unknown caller or unsolicited mail as scam. I listened with rapt attention to probe every word spoken or sentence written. Its not hard to get especially if you are not greedy.

1 Like

Re: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by HungerBAD: 7:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Good.
Re: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by missbehave247(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Cc:Seun
Re: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by Cutehector(m): 8:11am On Aug 28, 2015
segwise:
The important sections of Nairaland that are currently suffering most from the activities of scammers and spammers are:
1. Business
2. Investment
3. Technology market
4. Properties
5. Autos

3. Infact, the honest truth is that any section that has to do with exchange of money either by wanting to buy or wanting to sell a product is open to attack by both scammers and spammers.
For spammers, they tend to spam sections with more traffic and this is normal in all social forums.
Some scammers will tell you they offer a service at a ridiculus price and will tell you to click a link to see more or send a message to a certain mobile number or send an email to a certain mail.
Most of these spammers are bloggers who just want to direct traffic to their blogs, so, since they know that nairaland has a lot of traffic, they come there to draw traffic.
4. They are easily identified by the kind of message and info they bring to the forum. They either tell you to click a link, send an email, send a message to a phone number or send a curious message that the reader wants to know more. In any case, the objective is the same; to move you away from the public forum so that they can extort you. You just have to watch it and be careful.
5. My job as a CEO for more than 8 years and leader of company have given me a lot of experience dealing with people. I have had a lot of personal encounters with scammers who probably would call you, disguising as an old friend or send you an email just to obtain information. Therefore, I have guarded myself. How? firstly, I regard every unknown caller or unsolicited mail as scam. I listened with rapt attention to probe every word spoken or sentence written. Its not hard to get especially if you are not greedy.
u say u are a ceo and u wana work unda seun again.. Hian...

3 Likes

Re: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by Cutehector(m): 8:14am On Aug 28, 2015
If I were d owner of nairaland I'd score d op zero...

Truth is, evry secton of nairaland is filled with spammers... U dnt just hav to look in a specific section to get rid of them..

Its like sayin u knw where to find a rat in a house.. Try blocking a hole where it passes it and it generates 15 others..

Trick of how u get to get rid of a rat

Think like a rat!

3 Likes

Re: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers And Spammers by Seun(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2015

(1)

And It Begins...isis Flag Among Refugees In Germany Fighting The Police(picture) / 5 Useful Tips To Help You Deal With A Nigerian Policeman / Commuters Using Boats To Cross To Akwa Ibom After Traffic Gridlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.