Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,002 members, 7,799,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO (21035 Views)

Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / Egyptian Devaluation Backfires -- Nigeria, Be Thankful!!! / Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by jpphilips(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2015
free2ryhme:
Let the Naira compete

Attract foreign investments and encourage local production.

How can you attract foreign investors when you have Boko in the North, militants in the south and IPOB brewing in the east?
When you can barely supply 10hrs of electricity daily? when the investors are a multiple taxation target for state governments and host communities?

Truth is; Naira is not ready to compete yet that is the sad truth. The touted biggest GDP in Africa is a function of consumption based on population nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by free2ryhme: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2015
jpphilips:

How can you attract foreign investors when you have Boko in the North, militants in the south and IPOB brewing in the east?
When you can barely supply 10hrs of electricity daily? when the investors are a multiple taxation target for state governments and host communities?

Truth is; Naira is not ready to compete yet that is the sad truth. The touted biggest GDP in Africa is a function of consumption based on population nothing more.

What happens when nigeria improves in these areas mentioned above ?
Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2015
989900:

It could work for a China, Japan, Brazil, India, U.S., Thailand, and e.t.c. -- tourism and/or export driven economies.
BTW, from N117/$ in 2008 to N222 (average interbank rate) in 2015 is already insane devaluation we have nothing to show for.

Well I am not sure what you base the above assumption on. Obviously the economists don't seem to agree with you.

Suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

At the very least if it makes importing less attractive it will be a spur to the self reliance so many folks are (quite correctly) trying to promote. I was not a Jonathan fan and thought he did poorly in most matters BUT credit where credit is due - he did good things agriculturally.
Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by jpphilips(m): 12:57am On Aug 31, 2015
free2ryhme:

What happens when nigeria improves in these areas mentioned above ?
Till den
Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by free2ryhme: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2015
jpphilips:

Till den

Pessimist
Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by free2ryhme: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2015
jpphilips:

Till den

Pessimists
Re: Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO by UyiIredia(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

My original career was as a physicist (astronomer). It is DECADES away!

Interesting. I started out studying Software Engineering at NIIT and stopped then Comp. Eng. then I stopped then I tried Accountancy then I stopped, I tried dabbling into short stories, poems and music production then I stopped. Now I intend to study Physics. I hope I don't stop that one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Amuwo Odofin; NNPC Filling Station(photos) / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / David Malpass Appointed 13th President Of World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.