Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? (1169 Views)

Hp Probook Core I5 with 1g dedicated graphics card / Wanted: Core I7 Plus Mad Graphics Card / How To Run Games Without Graphics Card 2016 – PC Tricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? by paularo: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2015

Graphics card are a very important part of a laptop in the 21st century, but it wasn't as important or even important at all during the 19th century because there wasn't a lot of PC Gaming then but now things have changed. PC Games are now coming with a force so powerful its equal to the Gaming Consoles. Games are made now that are on or are of better quality than some console games. We now have PC games of 65GB (GTA V) and among the top titles(NBA, FIFA, PES, Batman, , any quality blockbuster PC game being developed right now would be well above 15GB, that's significant seeing that we came from DOOM, Super Mario, Half-Life and the likes.
Let me guess you bought a new laptop, when you bought it the laptop was awesome, it ran all your softwares and games very well or at optimal performance then several months later, you tried to run a new software of game on your very good laptop and it didn't run as you hoped. The software or game slowed down your system, run at a slow pace and overall made your system overheat. It's around this time you need to start looking for another laptop which is more powerful than your previous one because your needs have changed they are now more advanced than before, so you need a powerful system to enable you stay updated with new trends and technology.
Sadly, not every laptop out there can upgrade their graphics card, only a few laptops are manufactured with that option, most laptops can't upgrade their graphics, at least that i know of. So, you might be stuck with a laptop that has little graphics or no graphics card at all, it isn't the end of the world, you need to buy another laptop, Simple as that.

Before you even think about upgrading your laptop graphics card, you need to have a laptop that allow graphics card upgrade, only a handful of laptop now have this feature like MSi, SAGER/CLEVO, Alienware etc. If you don't have any of these systems, you can't upgrade your laptop graphics with this method.

SOURCE: www.nairatips.com
Re: Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? by marleygab(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Unlike laptops. Most desktops graphics card can be upgraded.
Re: Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? by paularo: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2015
marleygab:
Unlike laptops. Most desktops graphics card can be upgraded.
Exactly! Only a handful of laptops supports graphics upgrade and those laptops are expensive. Not even in Nigeria unless you buy and ship from ebay or amazon
Re: Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Is My Laptop Graphics Card Upgradeable? by paularo: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2015

(1) (Reply)

HP Probook 6550b Casing Urgently Needed!!! / Spotify Now Available For Windows 10 - See Features And Download / How To Check Your Pc Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.