Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (50337 Views)

700+ Churches Shut Down By Government / Authorities Shut Down 700 Noisy Churches In Rwanda / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by otiigba1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
They should build more hospitals, motherless baby homes, homes for the homeless and schools for poor children INSTEAD OF CHURCHES!

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by tefund(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
iam yet to see the impact of church activities on nigerian christian,we are still morally bankrupt,highly corrupt ,too materialistic..Evil is increasing by the day
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by tyor: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?
For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!

@arbiola, churches make the most noise. If u cant install sound-proof systems....dont FURRKING open a business called Church.

We ALL want Nigeria to be like England, but we behave like ANIMALS. Dash out ur meagre earnings to a Billionaire instead on investing in a startup to create opportunities. RELIGION IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN NIGERIA AND IT SHOULD BE ABOLISHED!

2 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by 2kris(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
This is complete bullshit.the should take it by force.fellow xtians this is the time to take it by force.these cannot happen in the north .rubbish jihadist ambode na him good for una.ntoooorrrr
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Eazydeek(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

Ode
U ever seen a clubhouse making noise before ?
I doubt if u ever been to a club before

In 2012 GEJ government signed a bill into the law that " Any religious centres that puts there speakers outside or make unnecessary noise to the neighbour's will be sanctioned or taken to court "

Or do you think If u have 10 churches or Mosques in your street making noise at the same time in the name of worshipping , will you be able to go about your normal activities ?

Nigeria has the highest numbers of mosques and churches but still has the highest numbers of tribal, ethnic and religious bigots

Criminals et al ....

If you don't know shid don't comment !

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Maximus85(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
honeric01:
Lagos (AFP) - Authorities in Nigeria's financial capital Lagos have shut down churches across the city after a glut of complaints over noisy worship.

The chaotic megacity's environmental protection department said it had sealed off 22 premises on Wednesday after receiving dozens of calls a day, according to local newspaper reports.

Neighbours of one church -- Jesus Our Lord Divine Catholic Prayer Ministry -- said they were constantly disturbed by a congregation of mainly pregnant women, young mothers and their children.

"On my phone alone, I get 20 SMS on a daily basis," said Adebola Shabi, head of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, according to the national daily New Telegraph.

"In the next five years, if there is no stringent policy on the siting of religious houses, there will be problem."

Constant noise -- from the the thumping beats of loud music, the beep of car horns and the noise of generator engines -- is the soundtrack to Lagos life and is seen by many as part of its charm.

But residents are complaining in unprecedented numbers that they can barely hear themselves think among the churches and mosques where giant loudspeakers pump out religious messages and music.

Officials receive around 50 telephone calls and 20 text messages a day complaining about noise, mostly from churches, the New Telegraph said.

"With the enforcement today, we would have sealed about 55 premises because the last enforcement we carried out, we shut 33 premises," Shabi told reporters.

"I gave approval for closure of 22 premises today, making 55."

Religion is big business in Lagos, a city of around 20 million which has seen more than 6,000 traditional and alternative places of worship spring up in recent years, according to the authorities.

Shabi said the churches would be allowed to reopen after paying fines starting at 50,000 naira ($250, 225 euros).

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-shuts-down-churches-over-noisy-worship-142621276.html

GOD IS NOT DEAF. Without saying a word, he hears.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by mickey45: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?

For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!

I agree with you, but not all prayers require Noise-making, Isaiah said God's not Deaf... So I don't see how noisemaking aids the him hearing our prayers .

Except say during deliverance in which d noise isn't from the person himself...

ammyluv2002:
Yes, i know! It's not the number of churches we have that will make us win souls for God.

You might be slightly but unintentionally wrong here, every christian's house is supposed to be a church.
That's why Paul will always say "greet the church in the house of......."
So each Christian's house is supposed to be a church. But mainly in conduct (Godliness, etc.). The mistake is people restricting a church to a building... And our nigerians' love for superficial show.
Explains their easily getting hoodwinked by people "whose God is their belly"

E.g members of the early denominations were easily recognised by the conduct of their members outside.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iamclime(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
[quote author=dabriggs post=37420023]

You better work. Prayers will not make Nigeria develop. Prayer will not drill a borehole for you, or remove the waste in your street. Work and Pray.

There are noise standards. This is regulatory. Religious houses of any kind are not above the law. If the noise they generate are above permissible noise levels for a residential area, then they should be warned and if they desist not they should be shut. God is not DEAF that you need to use a microphone before he hears you.

If you know any club house that disturbs you please report them.Call the appropriate regulatory agencies to check their compliance level and if they are not compliant they should be shut.

We cry religion and hyposcrisy abounds in our lives. We call faith but have no proper behavious or works to back it up. We call ourselves christians but break simple rules meant to give people peace of mind. And when we are asked we claim that because it has to do with God we must not be questioned or called to account.

We shall never develop until we remove the hypocrisy of religion and understand HUMANITY. Everyone is equal before God and deserves the same peace, joy, love, happiness and fulfilment as we so desire but that we ilegally get under the pretense of being religious.

This is the most reasonable, neutral, detached and pointblank comment I have read so far. Well said.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by God2man(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
The truth is, Prayer Alone may not bring development, but without prayer and the help of God, we may remain stagnant.

Our Great Great Grandfather sinned against God through idolatry, we need to cry to God for total restoration. Black Africans need a lot of prayer to be back on track. Take it or leave it.

God2man.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by hamzyluv(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
walemadu:
mosques make noise 5 times a day. and none gets shut?
for how many minutes sir ? comparing to some churches with recording programs cassette slot in to their amplifier ...
u know what happened next
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by refreshrate: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
hamzyluv:
for how many minutes sir ? comparing to some churches with recording programs cassette slot in to their amplifier ...
u know what happened next

seriously this doesnt sound like a double standard to you cos youre a muslim?
How many minutes is the approved time sir?
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by nkemjacob2(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
Really they are some church that need to b shut down cos of noise, so also with mosque. In my area mosque are not left out, their powerful speaker can make some 1 go deaf. Govt shud check this also
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Please, shut more noisy-making churches for peace in that chaotic city. Filthy environment! lipsrsealed undecided cry cry cry
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ifeanyi83(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
They should also close down these drinking joints..they make more noise than the churches and mosques combined.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by SisiNini(f): 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Someone should please give me the appropriate contact (phone number or email address)... I've been having headache and unable to sleep since Sunday night cos the church behind my window has been holding vigils... Today is the 5th day; am sure it's going to 7 days... I go to work during d day and find it difficult to sleep @ night cos of their noise...

The annoying thing is that they don't av up to 5 members in attendance... They shud remember that God is not deaf...

May God help us...
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by funmercy1(f): 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
d Bible said" go out and preach d gospel "nt make noise and preach the gospel.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by funmercy1(f): 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Revolva:

Church goers r f ull of demonic n intolerant behavious ashewo de church lesbos. Gays..thieves,rapist serial killers all of dem de find heaven while they ave not done watt their creator sent them to do....make ur earth a better place first n let ur fellow human beign see heaven in you ...god is everywhere ..our african traditional religion is d best but u pple r demonising it...praising dismoney making organization..church/mosques....na pastor life de better d members de suffer
wow.................... embarassed

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by emmydsife(m): 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
mutiply:
Am so dissapionted by this post of yours. If you are living close to this churches, you will understand what others are facing.

I leave in a compound that has a mosque attached to it for three years in the north... Minna to be precise. Every blessed day the morning and evening call to prayer boom out of the loudspeaker. And I didn't for a day felt bad or report. rather I adjusted to it. I can't say the mosque should go on extinction.
Closing down churches is not acceptable. And this was done based on 20 SMS received. it is quite unfortunate for a country like ours. I believe modalities can be worked out with churches involved to minimize noise pollution.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by azezola(m): 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
All those business center should be shot down. Only sick people go to church.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by deedondavi(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

Seriously... I think u should try to understand the topic better.. *noisy*...... U need to live close to one of does churches... Then u would understand...
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by deedondavi(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2015
Arbiola:

Praying for their own personal well-being or praying for the country...... Wahz this one even saying..... Guess u one of does fanatics ...everyone is looking for miracles... Let's try to be realistic...... Wah Nigeria really needs is Innovation.....
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by deedondavi(m): 12:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Pheww.. You Can pray to God but that doesn't mean u should distrub others..... Nigerians should be considerate
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by mutiply: 12:40am On Aug 29, 2015
emmydsife:

I leave in a compound that has a mosque attached to it for three years in the north... Minna to be precise. Every blessed day the morning and evening call to prayer boom out of the loudspeaker. And I didn't for a day felt bad or report. rather I adjusted to it. I can't say the mosque should go on extinction.
Closing down churches is not acceptable. And this was done based on 20 SMS received. it is quite unfortunate for a country like ours. I believe modalities can be worked out with churches involved to minimize noise pollution.
Nice and matured post. I have lived close to a mosque too and I memorised some of their prayers but I had no knowledge of what was been said. I never complained and I adapted to it. I remember using it as my alarm. I don't want to believe that it's the moslem folks that sent all 20sms, these churches are fond of this act. They use it to deceive and lure members thereby disturbing others. If queries and warnings were not sent before closure, it's wrong for them to close it but if they were alerted and they refused to adhere, I will support the closure. Am optimistic that this churches will be re-opened but lessons and rules must have been passed to them.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by perryy(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2015
Arbiola:
Church is also an avenue through which souls are won.... Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

Keep quiet
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Marleek(m): 8:08am On Aug 29, 2015
"NOISY" lol! I love dat word. It describes them well. Must you disturb others in your act of worship?
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by VickyRotex(f): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2015
notoriousbabe:
Abeg na who help me see vickyrotex omo iya oniru? grin

cheesy Iyangbali, dem don ban you for your alternate moniker.

Youre really NOTORIOUS!
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iamord(m): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
Arbiola:
smh
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by notoriousbabe: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy Iyangbali, dem don ban you for your alternate moniker.

Youre really NOTORIOUS!
who is iyangbali?enemy of progress tongue
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iamord(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
New laws need to be set. All churches mosque and pubs or night clubs need to install sound proof glasses. Organise parking space for your clients or followers instead of them parking and blocking the road. You can inconvenience your neighbour because of your own believe or desire. It's does not show respect. Besides what happened to proper urban planning. Nowadays buildings meet for educational and civic use are turning into churches. This is not suppose to be so

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iamord(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
all4naija:
Please, shut more noisy-making churches for peace in that chaotic city. Filthy environment! lipsrsealed undecided cry cry cry
for once I agree with ugrin
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by iamord(m): 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
God2man:
The truth is, Prayer Alone may not bring development, but without prayer and the help of God, we may remain stagnant.

Our Great Great Grandfather sinned against God through idolatry, we need to cry to God for total restoration. Black Africans need a lot of prayer to be back on track. Take it or leave it.

God2man.
can you tell me a race on earth that their fathers have not sinned against God? . If you keep crying about this century story of spilled milk. Then you are waisting time. Black races needs to advance by changing its collective thinking. And learn!!! Learn!!! Get some Brains. That's what we need

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Husband, Phillip Frimpong Welcome First Child (photos) / My ATM Card's Security Code Is 666 / How Has Prophet TB Joshua's Ministry Touched Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.