Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,173 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife (2126 Views)

See The Big Python Which Almost Killed A Lady Cooking In Her Kitchen In Edo Stat / Delicious! Man Killed A Big Snake, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (PHOTOS) / Just Killed A Big Rat, What Should I Do With It Pls Advice Me (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by amunites19(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2015
Sometimes you will wonder what is the different between killers (Assassins/robbers…..) and Doctors who neglect or show don’t care attitude which lead to the dead of their patient, he wrote on his facebook page:

“I believe nobody will pass the time Allah has specified for his life. But I cry every time I remember what she passed through in hospitals. The first hospital we were directed to NEW DAY CLINIC AND MATERNITY at school road behind Elenlewa central mosque, Portharcourt. They were just after maximizing profit so they complicated her condition, very hostile, and we tried several time to get referral latter to bigger hostpital they refused to give, we have to take her to University of Portharcourt teaching hospital without referral letter. Coincidently the same doctor that owns the first hospital is a staff of the teaching hospital, so we didn’t get good care at the hospital too there was a time in the night we found out the oxygen flogged to her is not following after I protested the person in charge came he said it was locked from outside so he on it again, I was shocked when one doctor was asking indigene ship of the patient.
I think Ministry of healths should be supervising hospitals especially private hospital unexpected; they may pretend to be patient in order to see what people pass through.”

https://www.facebook.com/ibrahim.iliyasu.12

cc: lalasticlala
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by kamair237(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by kilode100(f): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Accept my condolences.

6 Likes

Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by money121(m): 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by johnwizey: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
It is well bro
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by tivta(m): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Most Nigerian doctors are profit driven. It is well.
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by thorpido(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
amunites19:

Sometimes you will wonder what is the different between killers (Assassins/robbers…..) and Doctors who neglect or show don’t care attitude which lead to the dead of their patient, he wrote on his facebook page:

“I believe nobody will pass the time Allah has specified for his life. But I cry every time I remember what she passed through in hospitals. The first hospital we were directed to NEW DAY CLINIC AND MATERNITY at school road behind Elenlewa central mosque, Portharcourt. They were just after maximizing profit so they complicated her condition, very hostile, and we tried several time to get referral latter to bigger hostpital they refused to give, we have to take her to University of Portharcourt teaching hospital without referral letter. Coincidently the same doctor that owns the first hospital is a staff of the teaching hospital, so we didn’t get good care at the hospital too there was a time in the night we found out the oxygen flogged to her is not following after I protested the person in charge came he said it was locked from outside so he on it again, I was shocked when one doctor was asking indigene ship of the patient.
I think Ministry of healths should be supervising hospitals especially private hospital unexpected; they may pretend to be patient in order to see what people pass through.”

https://www.facebook.com/ibrahim.iliyasu.12

cc: lalasticlala
That's a wrong belief @bolded but that's what Islam teaches anyway.

There's a lot wrong with the health sector even though I work in the system.The problem is a reflection of the bigger society(Nigeria) that we live in.The government isn't doing enough in terms of monitoring and regulations.Many private hospitals do not have the capacity for some cases they handle.
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
This is horrifying embarassed

Someone locked her oxygen from outside?
God forbid bad thing!!!

A jailable offence in saner climes.

1 Like

Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by ladyF(f): 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
Oh my.....
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by Onegai(f): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Many private hospitals should not be open. There should be more stringent rules and enforcement. Please report this case to the medical council and demand an autopsy and full medical report of what transpired and the reason why they didn't proffer a referral (it is your absolute right to get a referral and a second opinion from another doctor).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by DrObum(m): 1:54am On Aug 29, 2015
It's a pity OP.

If you think you've suffered neglect from the healthcare providers, help us save the lives of many others out there, please make an official complaint to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. It's at no cost to you Sir.

Help us clean up this country.
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by fr3do(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2015
#Sighs
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by alfa0: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2015
accept my sympathy bro,this is a case of rotten system,
sometime ago,i stood and watched as doctors and nurses in gwagwalada,Abuja watched a women i strongly believe would have survived died in their presence,No they killed her that night.fears overshadowed me instantly as i could not believe what i saw.i had to run away with my father sharply.thank God he is alive to today to tell the story.

God will comfort you,and i believe those involve will pay dearly someday.
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by alfa0: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2015
DrObum:
It's a pity OP.

If you think you've suffered neglect from the healthcare providers, help us save the lives of many others out there, please make an official complaint to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. It's at no cost to you Sir.

Help us clean up this country.

Sir,The system has rotten so badly that all it needs now is to cut it off,cutting it off means laying off so many "big men" doctors..are we ready to do that? i guess its a big question that demands a bold answer.i have been a victim of this neglect indirectly as it involved my father.i saw hell in gwagwalada.i ran away.mmmmmm..huge money was wasted..its well.
God help Nigeria
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by ifyalways(f): 10:19am On Aug 29, 2015
Na uzo Billah!

Sad. Sad. shocked
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by alfa0: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2015
Onegai:
Many private hospitals should not be open. There should be more stringent rules and enforcement. Please report this case to the medical council and demand an autopsy and full medical report of what transpired and the reason why they didn't proffer a referral (it is your absolute right to get a referral and a second opinion from another doctor).

they will never give you referral,in my case,a junior doctor told me to write that we want to transfer my dad abroad,its was that option that made them give me a referral letter,though i have concluded plans to move him out by force.and noting would have stopped me.but i needed a referral letter ,u know to follow due process of moving out a sick person out of a hospital.

Nigerian Health system is something you wont understand until you witness it first hand.
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
that's naija 4 u, but sorry sha
Re: How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife by Zi: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2015
If you go to Onitsha for instance, private hospitals in every corner of the streets, yet no equipment, no facilities, one Doctor who doubles as the MD, and another recently graduated two-timming doctor. That's all!
Report as sick, and they diagnose you of fever, malaria, typhoid. They have no facilities to detect what is actually wrong till it gets to critical stages before they refer you. Many have died. Many are dying. The wards are something else, gosh! Did I remember to mention, No light! Patients and their relatives go to fetch water from the streets, no professionalism, no sense of commitment! Really pathetic.

And you begin to wonder, who regulates these doctors? Environment, very noisy and dirty! Tufia! Once you can rent a flat, you are good to go. Nurses? Quack and very impolite.

Long ago, my sister did a surgery for "appendix", and they nearly killed her, for something that simple! And yet, the doctor kept her and was chopping money on our head.

I can type on and on because its a system I know too well. But well the Nigerian system made it so. Dear OP, did you say someone switched off oxygen from outside Eeewww!

Please take heart. My Sincere condolences.

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time For A Man To Leave An UNDESERVING WIFE / The Miraculous Herb That Can Help You Get Pregnant & Prevent Miscarriage / Does He Want You Or Does He Deserve You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.