Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG (7397 Views)

*DoyenExchange.com: BUYING PAYONEER, SKRILL, ₦ETELLER etc! -₦L Customer Support / Sell On Jumia, Konga, Dealdey, Kaymu, Etc, From BENIN! / Kaymu.com.ng Scam Alert!! Be Warned Sellers - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
I recently opened a seller account on KAYMU.COM.NG with store name “omobiles”. The link to the store is http://www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/omobiles/. A day after opening the store, that is on the 25th of July, 2015 at exactly 10:36am, I got a mail from KAYMU that I have a new order. Find the order details below:
Important Order Details
Product color: Gold
Order number: 208588242
Name of buyer: victoradebumi
Buyer Address: Abuja, Abuja (FCT), Abuja-Central Locations, Nigeria
Buyer phone: 08123058430
Seller name: omobiles
Item name: Apple iPhone 6 - 16GB – Gold
Item price: ₦ 150,990
Quantity: 2
Delivery cost: 1,200
Total amount (incl. shipping cost): 303,180
Listing ends: 2015-11-22 13:17:07
Payment method: Pay on delivery/pickup
Delivery method: AIG Express (Delivery Service)
Listing ID: AP029MAAP767NGBID-1074948

Some hours later, I received a call from a man who introduced himself as Blessed and said he noticed I just opened a store on KAYMU.COM.NG and he's our new account manager. He called with mobile number, 08189205223. Some of you might say since the number is a normal mobile number I was supposed to be suspicious but other sellers can testify that account managers on KAYMU usually call with mobile numbers. If you are a seller on KAYMU, you'll be familiar with that call. He talked a bit about my store and pointed out that I have not filled out my BANK information and it was very important I do that since that is where my cash will be remitted. He asked me to text him my bank account details so he'll update for me but since I was already on the page, I told him I'll do it myself. He ended the call and called back some minutes later to say he sees that I have updated my bank details and called out the details, which I confirmed. Please note that an outsider (One that is not a Kaymu staff) will not have had access to such backend information.
Then he said I already have an order and whenever someone orders an item that is worth that amount, they don't allow cash on delivery(I am familiar with that because it's the same policy on Konga too). So he said the customer has paid and I should go ahead to contact him and arrange shipment. I contacted the customer and he confirmed to me that he has paid to KAYMU. So I told him I'll drop off at AIG as instructed by the KAYMU rep and it'll take 3-5 working days for him to receive it. He stated his displeasure in the timing and begged that I use our own courier service. I told him that won't be possible because he has already made payment to KAYMU so he said he'll call KAYMU and persuade them to allow me use our courier service because he needed to present the phones as a gift on Thursday, which is in two days. Some minutes later, I got a call from the KAYMU staff and he said I could use our courier if they can deliver faster, so KAYMU will credit our account once delivery is confirmed.
I contacted our own courier and requested for express shipping. The parcel got to Abuja the next day and the Courier Company called me to tell me they've delivered. The buyer met them up and picked up. I called him to confirm and he confirmed it. So I called my KAYMU account manager and told him the parcel has been delivered. He said he had to confirm before transferring the cash to my bank account. He called back later to say he has confirmed delivery and my account will be credited within two hours. That was the last I heard of them. Both the buyer and the KAYMU account manager's numbers were switched off.
I called the phone number on KAYMU website and explained to the lady I spoke to. She told me they don't have any staff by that name and my items were not paid for. I requested to speak to her boss and I spoke to someone who insisted that the man is not their staff and he refused to do anything about it. I asked how the man knew my store information and my bank information if truly he wasn't a staff but he had nothing reasonable to say. He even stopped taking my calls at a point. At the end of the day, I was told there was NOTHING KAYMU could do about it.
I am writing this as a concerned citizen to inform other possible victims of the fraudulent activities currently going on inside KAYMU.COM.NG. I was duped of Three hundred and four thousand naira (#304,000) and my job is on the line if I don't pay back. Yours could be more. Beware of them!

Source: http://omobiles.com.ng/kaymu-com-ng-scam-alert/

I think this needs to be on front page so people can learn of the fraud and take caution. Please help me move to appropriate section if its in the wrong place.
cc: lalasticlala, obinoscopy

8 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by olafum1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks cool
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Ramon92: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
Contact Birchoff or Finch.... The two good guys I still know out there who can help..
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by 5p1naz(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
omg this should make front page asap...

that person must be a current kaymu staff or a past kaymu staff whose admin privileges hasn't been revoked, or kaymu data based has been hacked.

2 Likes

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ramon92:
Contact Birchoff or Finch.... The two good guys I still know out there who can help..

can you give more information on this please?
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by nusta(m): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Internet fraudsters getting more sophisticated. Your account was hacked into if they are not Kaymu staff. But Kaymu management should have done something about it. No public statement, no warning to the sellers on the platform. That's pretty unfair!

1 Like

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Houseofglam7(f): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
God help us all!
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
I think kaymu should have contacted their IT team to trace the IP address that placed that ad. But they just chose to sit and fold their hands. Who does that?
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by kennyman2000(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
E-commerce still has a long way to go in naija..

Take hear bro..
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
kennyman2000:
E-commerce still has a long way to go in naija..

Take hear bro..

Thanks. Its sis by d way smiley
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by phonesNgadgets: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
shocked Damn! This is terrible. I think your account might have been hacked.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
phonesNgadgets:
shocked Damn! This is terrible. I think your account might have been hacked.

I really don't think its the account cos this person knows how kaymu operates. He's definitely a kaymu staff or has worked there before.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by pattybf(f): 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Too bad, I hope something is done so u recover ur money. So sorry sis!
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Obaf16(f): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Eeyah,very painful
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Lordtrillion(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Huh shocked shocked , sorry 4d loss.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by solid3(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Wow! This is bad of Kaymu. How will they have such a porous security and cause someone a loss of up to 300k?

Pls if possible get ur lawyer to write them a letter.

Take heart.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by alakara(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
if u av anybody working in any of the telcom company in Nigeria lt them trace the two Nos for u to knw the owner and address from there you will get them.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Olaryeankarh(m): 5:19am On Aug 29, 2015
Lawd! Oh dear! Sorry about this sis. Once this makes front page, right senses should push Kaymu to do something. Full refund plus additional inconvenience fee.
Front page pls!!

- lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Eugene4good: 6:08am On Aug 29, 2015
This is serious. Something should be done about this. Sister I am so sorry about what happened. God will soon expose them.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by AleAirHub(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2015
Good Morning!!!.

I Feel So Sorry For You And That Got To Say That Site Is Not Secure.... I Once Listed My Items There Before And My Case Was Not The Same And I Will Advise You Choose Dealdey Or Konga. For Now I Give Them A Pass Mark Compare To Others.

Sorry And Never Been Discourage....

1 Like

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Laredojohn(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2015
beautycrush24:

I really don't think its the account cos this person knows how kaymu operates. He's definitely a kaymu staff or has worked there before.
This story is very pathetic, it's sad u went thru this, I have been on kaymu for abt 2years plus now an have had order paid for which I shipped thru AIG, the hackers played on your innocence about how kaymu works, you are never allowed to ship yourself for paid items on kaymu, 2.if you have an order, paid or pod, you get a first mail showing order details, then anoda showing the customer has paid and requesting you drop off at AIG , 3. The scammer knew u were new so they played a fast one..the timing was too fast, though kaymus site gets hacked atimes, if you make a complain to consumer protection council and some other agencies , could get redress if the terms an conditions of kaymu wasn't breached. Hop you get a solution.

1 Like

Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Djicemob: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Almost the same thing that happened to me on "kaymu" (what a name undecided ) ...I delivered somes goods two months ago and till this moment i have not been credited.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by roqrules04(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2015
@OP,
-Did you request for the copy of the Teller the supposed buyer used in sending the money?.. to comfirm if he actually sent it to Kaymu safe pay acct
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by agarawu23(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2015
scammers everywhere.

op sorry for the loss.

cc lalasticlala
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2015
scammer ever were pls come to jumia for ur seller center
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by psyqs(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Sorry for d loss
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Youngzedd(m): 11:21am On Aug 29, 2015
Seun
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
damn. Such a pathetic story. Sorry ma'm.
How do u report this?
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by lcoral(f): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sorry for your loss. I hope u get ur money back. I truly agree with the fact that Kaymu site is very porous for interbet fraudstars cos I also had an experience with them were I received a message that some one has placed order on my items, the next day I got another message that the items have been delivered after which that same customer left a negative feedback on my store that I sent I d wrong colors and sizes. That was when I became very conscious with them.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
shockwave91:

How do u report this?
thanks for ur concern. But i'm really at a loss as to what to do.
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
How do u report this?
Re: Read this before you buy/sell on KAYMU.COM.NG by beautycrush24(f): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
I see kaymunigeria viewing this but ofcourse i guess they have nothing reasonable to say as usual

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BANK *737#: Introducing The Amazing *737# Experience / Kolanuts: Stakeholders Raise Concern As Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Production / Helpful Tips For Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program 2018 Application.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.