Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert (799 Views)

Why Would Kerry Meet Only Northern Governors And Or Northerners Only? / Nigeria has finished me!! / Why was national security Meeting Held By Buhari Involve Only Northern Security? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by salterswan: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
Developmental Economist Katch Ononuju, has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s recent appointments as a dangerous trend that might undermine sixteen years of national cohesion.

Ononuju made this known in an interview with Post Nigeria, stating, “The imbalance in the appointments distorts previous administration’s federal character arrangement, which was drawn from the pull of 100 percent educated Nigerians.”

Buhari on Thursday through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina approved the appointments of Babachir David Lawal as Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff to the President and Hameed Ibrahim Ali (as Comptroller-General Nigerian Customs Service, NCS.

Others are Kure Martin Abeshi as Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service, Ita S.J. Enang as SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Suleiman A. Kawu as SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).

According to Ononuju, “Buhari is trying to undermine national cohesion with nepotism; which will eventually bring trouble to his administration.

“The best cannot be said to come from 19 states of the North, This will cause political problems in the South West, South East, South South.
“This is a very dangerous trend to the nation’s democracy,” Ononuju said.

According to Femi Fani-Kayode a former minister of Aviation and spokespersons of the campaign organization for former President Goodluck Jonathan said, “Nigeria for the next four years will have to live with the choice they made in the 2015 general elections. See more; http://www.post-nigeria.com/appointments-only-northern-nigeria-has-competent-people-expert/
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by INTROVERT(f): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Alhaja Introvert.... maybe il get interior minister. grin
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
If war too much for nigeria, I will sell my half plot of land and run out of this lagoon called nigeria undecided

I don't even know if I'm from this hell hole country undecided
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by 4reala(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
Me tooo be northerner Oooooo
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by shotster50(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
I may be wrong but I think Buhari is appointing people he believes will do his work and not just for the fulfillment of the Federal character laws... If by so doing , they will do a good work, so be it... We do that want top offices given to people just to fulfill a quota system instead of their abilities... A lot of the outcry here is probably due to the supposed monetary benefits that come with these offices and not necessarily working in them...
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by mars123(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Buhari suppose don learn him lesson by now...on how he employ 3 from north and 1 from south again ehn, walahi, him nor go fit withstand the backlash.
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by mars123(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
shotster50:
I may be wrong but I think Buhari is appointing people he believes will do his work and not just for the fulfillment of the Federal character laws... If by so doing , they will do a good work, so be it... We do that want top offices given to people just to fulfill a quota system instead of their abilities... A lot of the outcry here is probably due to the supposed monetary benefits that come with these offices and not necessarily working in them...
yes you are right, but the people complaining are also right, even though i'm not complaining. Nigeria needs unity and there is no better way to unite the diverse people by working with each and every one of them, without showing favoritism and sectionalism, this is a good leadership quality. I thought Buhari would have known this himself. he will make it right though. I have that kind of belief in him.
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by shotster50(m): 2:19am On Mar 14, 2019
shotster50:

embarassed
Re: Only Northern Nigeria Has Competent People – Expert by elysus: 2:25am On Mar 14, 2019
shotster50:
keep your mouth shut . do you know why federal character was introduced?

(1) (Reply)

[STAGFLATION IS HERE] Inflation Rate Rises To 9.3% / I Want To Go And Eat! Oshomole Makes Excuses, Escapes From Mob! / Buhari Vs Sariki History101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.