Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food (1343 Views)

Who Can Remember This Chewing Gum ? / 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum / Nigerian Changes Chewing Gum's Expiry Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by juman(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2015
The Benefits of Chewing Your Food

1. Chewing helps absorb more nutrients and energy from food. Chewing breaks your food down from large particles into smaller particles that makes them more easily digested. This also makes it easier for your intestines to absorb nutrients from the food particles as they pass through.

2. Chewing can help you maintain a healthy weight. Chewing helps you control the amount of food you eat. The longer you chew, the more time it will take you to finish a meal, and eating slowly can help you to eat less to avoid weight gain or even lose weight.

3. Chewing food helps break down enzymes. Saliva contains digestive enzymes, so the longer you chew, the more time these enzymes have to start breaking down your food, making digestion easier on your stomach and small intestines.

4. Chewing helps with digestion. Chewing your food into small pieces makes it easier to digest. Chewing properly allows your stomach to work more efficiently and break down your food faster.

5. Chewing food is good for your teeth. Your teeth get a good workout when you adequately chew your food. The saliva produced from chewing helps clear food particles from your mouth so there is less plaque buildup and tooth decay.

6. Less bacteria lingers in your intestines when you chew your food because smaller pieces enter your stomach instead of large pieces.

7. You actually taste your food when you chew it well. When you chew your food instead of rushing through your meal, you enjoy it more. It forces you to slow down, savor each morsel and really enjoy all the flavors your food has to offer.

The next meal you have, don't rush through it. Chew each mouthful because there are great benefits.

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-many-times-do-you-chew-your-food-before-swallowing
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by omitooguns(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2015
what about eba, fufu, amala or iyan
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by 0luwatope(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2015
omitooguns:
i chew evwiteen, even garri, pap and okro soup
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by juman(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2015
omitooguns:

They should be chewed.
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by juman(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2015
I was surprise some days ago that I realised that I just swallowed food without chewing.

Watch yourself you might be swallowing food without chewing.
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by maputohq: 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
juman:
I was surprise some days ago that I realised that I just swallowed food without chewing.

Watch yourself you might be swallowing food without chewing.
Guy, When I M In A Rush, Na Only One Chew Before I Swallow.
Re: The Benefits Of Chewing Your Food by juman(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
maputohq:

Guy, When I M In A Rush, Na Only One Chew Before I Swallow.

grin

Try to chew severally.

(1) (Reply)

5 Foods That Can Cause Cancer That You Eat / Pictures Of A Big Car Fish That Was Caught In Bayelsa. / How To Make Barbecue Fish In Just 15 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.