Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? (21401 Views)

Is It Possible For Parents To Love Their Children Equally? / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by luthorcorp: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
I love all my children equally,I never put one above the other coz sometimes the one you predict to be brighter might end up otherwise at the end...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Chestar5(f): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
chito14:

embarassed embarassed
Can i ask you how old you are?
Have you try to talk with them about how you realy feel,
But in respektful levels?

am in the early stage of adulthood, an undergraduate..... Its a known fact tho, they both know dat they dont show love equally sad.....
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by angelofurlife: 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ephemmm:

Forget man! You can't love two things equally unless you are deceiving yourself. It is not about being partial; it is a law of nature. Even if you don't want to, the personalities, likeness, resemblance, bravery, confidence, physical appearance of your children, which can never be the same would influence it.

The ability to suppress the feeling of showing the likeness of a child than the other is what distinguishes each parents.
that is not true my friend, my father loves us all equally and I mean equally.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by ifeomaekol(f): 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
oreos:

Pele

You shouldn't be too sad about it. That happens often with in some families. I think it also because your sister is more social than you are.
yes, dts very true and am used to it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by olutunde12(m): 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
angelofurlife:
that is not true my friend, my father loves us all equally and I mean equally.

O kare jare.

I have two sons and I LOVE them EQUALLY! Believe what you want to believe, but me o, I love my children equally.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by brightnelly(f): 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmmmmm!!! This is a difficult one...
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by ifeomaekol(f): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=Begonia post=37638202]
Oh! That must really hurt.
In the end, all things work together for good.
I hope you stay strong.[/quote thanks, am used to it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by chito14(f): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:

am in the early stage of adulthood, an undergraduate..... Its a known fact tho, they both know dat they dont show love equally sad.....

Thats sad.

I have 2 boys one is 10 y the last 14 month
of course my last need more attention than the big one and in characters you can't compare them at all... to be truth i feel sometimes more near to the last. I think is becouse he has more of my character. But to treat them different i can't imagen.
I think is a no go and all parents should be aware of it
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by killercute16(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pidggin:
@OP no one will openly admit it. In my family it is pretty obvious, my dad loves my eldest sis more. It's pretty glaring.
And do you feel jealous or just normal about it?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by killercute16(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:
For where

Its not possible @ all i come from a family of five children and i have seen its not,

my mumsi loves my brother because he is d only boy and her first child while popsy prefers my sister(our 2nd to d last born), she is his pet, then he gives her more pocket money when she was in uni....but me who knows me cry...me wey b lastborn i dont have any special treatment at all as if i b sad.... embarassed
Pls.....you are neva a mistake,you are just a blessing in disguise.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bummyla(m): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ok! Still reading your comments! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by simdam500(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
I was here
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by amaka42(f): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Na wao
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
You are a good mother. God bless you and your family.
mutter:
Yes you live all your children equally and most parents that are good parents can answer that question truthfully.
The only difference is how you show it.
I have a son that shows allot of affection, he is emotional, liked to hug as a kid, always fussing over me. It is clear that you respond more to such a child than one that is more reserved.
So in such a case the children think you love one more than the other but it`s actually not true.
Also some children can bring more achievements than others. I have a child that needed to work real hard to get an average note. The other kid`s felt I was discriminating because i was more excited when he got a 3 than when they got a 1. But how do you explain to children how much pain the child suffers when he is not doing as well as the others and needs to be motivated.
My last son started talking somewhat late and I was getting really worried. My kid`s can`t understand why I am excited about every new thing he learns.

As a kid I never understood why my mother would go out of her way to entertain my sisters friends when they came visiting. She was always sending my friends home. Now as a mother I understand better. My sister did not have any friends so my mother was trying to encourage the friendship. I had loads of friends that where always around. But then I really believed she did not like me as much.

So you basically love all the children but you show it in different ways.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by YabaLeftist: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
A mother of 5 once confided in me that she loves 3 of her kids more than the other 2, but implored me not to ever reveal it to them. She loves the first child who is female, the third child who is male and the last child also a male. She said she the other two, a boy and a girl are not her favorites, rather the husband loves them more than the aforementioned 3.

I must say I was totally taken aback by the disclosure. I find it really perplexing that parents will have favorites among their kids. I can't imagine loving any of my future kids differently except perchance any of them later proves to be a "black sheep." Other than that I see no reason why I should love any of them less than the other. It's totally preposterous.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bummyla(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
I remember waking up my parents up about 3 to 4 times at different times and age, at night to asked them if they were indeed my biological parents because I do not feel accepted by them! now I have left home, I heard my youngest sibling just started asking them the same question, I did ask them.! And my Mum nearly died too when her favorite son died untimely 11 years ago! And I am doing better than my elder brother whom my mum loved so much that I started hating him, to the extent at age 16 I paid people to beat him up for me! And my mother took me to hell and back.

But I am grateful because it all made me a better, sweet young man!

http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Ndeewonu: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
trendphemmy:
it isn't possible, at a young age, d first or the smartest is loved most, over time d most successful

If it is not possible for a parent to have equal love for their children, how then is it possible for a man to have equal love for FOUR WIVES, AS RECOMMENDED BY ONE PROPHET?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by trendphemmy(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ndeewonu:

If it is not possible for a parent to have equal love for their children, how then is it possible for a man to have equal love for FOUR WIVES, AS RECOMMENDED BY ONE PROPHET?

can u love 2 girlfriends equally?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by angelofurlife: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
olutunde12:

O kare jare.

I have two sons and I LOVE them EQUALLY! Believe what you want to believe, but me o, I love my children equally.
what does okare mean?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Ohana(m): 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You can love all your children equally , why would you even love one more than the other ?. For some people it may seem the parents love one more than the other but it doesn't necessarily mean so , I'll give the example of twin girls living next door to me some years back , the older of the twin ( Taye ) is a very expressive girl always jovial , happy to meet anyone and is ready to play with even strangers , this makes her amiable and seemingly more loved by her parents while the younger ( Kehinde ) is more reserved and prefers to stay alone. Most times you'd need to prod her to get her to socialize in a gathering while the twin sister only needs to see just one person and she's already on hyper drive. I noticed this and implored the parents to focus more on the younger sister so that she doesn't feel unloved seeing that Taye gets all the attention ( this doesn't mean they love Taye less ). My advice paid off and today Kehinde is as jovial as her sister and they both feel equally loved.
I fully understand your angle but the point I want to stress out is PREFERENCE.

Every creation is a product of the creator. among all that God created, there are always those that are more favoured than the rest.
among all the men in the world
he chose Abraham. among all nations, he chose Israel. so this issue does not originate from man. it has been existing even before the existence of man.

my opinion though...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
#sadmemories!
But all the same God has accepted me and never left me found wanting. As for my parents well.....

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by fairheven: 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
it very possible. As a parent you can love your kids for different reasons and peculiar characteristics
Like bible will say, "in my father's house, there are many mansion" that means as parents you should have mansions(room enough)for every child,everyone have a unique place in your heart.

Its height of immaturity for parents not to love equally
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by somegirl1: 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
You can love a person so much you could die for them, and not particularly like their personalities or behaviours.
This applies to husband - wife, parent- child, sibling relationships as well.
I don't believe you can like all your children to the same degree as their personalities would differ. Same way it is natural to like some siblings a bit more than the others or one parent more.
Feeling that extra bit of affection towards a child is normal but you don't have to give special treatment to that child.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Seventeen(f): 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Some people are confusing love with like. A parents love for their kids is always equal. Infact its an unexplainable thing. Its just natural.... However u can like ur childrens personalities, behaviors, characters, prefrences, etc differently. U culd like one of ur kids more because of a particular thing dat interests u. This is what many people are referring to as 'loving unequally'. Its different.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 04, 2015
YES!
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bumtos(m): 3:26am On Sep 04, 2015
It is not posible simply because the children characters.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by acada111(f): 6:38am On Sep 04, 2015
It's not possible jare. As kids growing up, we saw that our parents loved the oldest one more. We used to grumble about it then.
Presently as adults, we've come to accept and live with it and love them all the same because every family has got its own challenges.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Manlado: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Since there is no true way of measuring love, whoever need the love get it the most.

A troublesome child needs caution/punishment

A prosperous child needs encouragement

Children will all for in one of these categories.

However, a missing child who take all the love available.

And yes it's very possible to love all your kids despite their differences

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by SamAbims(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2015
It is practically impossible... While it might not be true,I'd always felt like I'm d least loved child of my parent but it does not affect me a bit because I know they still have love for me but its apparent there is one among us they love so dearly... Nevertheless, I love my parent so much

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by kachiz(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2015
mutter:
Yes you live all your children equally and most parents that are good parents can answer that question truthfully.
The only difference is how you show it.
I have a son that shows allot of affection, he is emotional, liked to hug as a kid, always fussing over me. It is clear that you respond more to such a child than one that is more reserved.
So in such a case the children think you love one more than the other but it`s actually not true.
Also some children can bring more achievements than others. I have a child that needed to work real hard to get an average note. The other kid`s felt I was discriminating because i was more excited when he got a 3 than when they got a 1. But how do you explain to children how much pain the child suffers when he is not doing as well as the others and needs to be motivated.
My last son started talking somewhat late and I was getting really worried. My kid`s can`t understand why I am excited about every new thing he learns.

As a kid I never understood why my mother would go out of her way to entertain my sisters friends when they came visiting. She was always sending my friends home. Now as a mother I understand better. My sister did not have any friends so my mother was trying to encourage the friendship. I had loads of friends that where always around. But then I really believed she did not like me as much.

So you basically love all the children but you show it in different ways.

Will you be my mom? You couldn't have written it any better.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by charlsecy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:
You can love all your children equally , why would you even love one more than the other ?
Sometimes, humans cannot help having a favourite. Even Jesus had apostles who were closer to Him!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
charlsecy:

Sometimes, humans cannot help having a favourite. Even Jesus had apostles who were closer to Him!

Does this mean every human has a favourite out of his/her children , no parent ever loved his/her wards equally ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage / Amazing Five Generations Family Photo / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.