Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? (629 Views)

See How A Whale Was Built From Plastic Waste In Belgium -pictures / North Korea Negotiation A Waste Of Time, Trump Tells Tillerson / Sweden Import Waste For Energy As The Country Run Out Of Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? by fashmania(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2015
I was on twitter this morning and I saw some post by a user (@the generalis) and it got me thinking about the rate at which we waste food.

It's estimated that a whopping 4billion tonnes of food is wasted worldwide every year, and about 870 million people worlwide are under-nourished (see the pictures below).
We blame the government for this due to inadequate processing facilities etc... But we have to look at ourselves, how many times have we bought food at an eatery, took a few bite or mound or spoonful and leave the rest? How many times have we disposed raw foods, foods that some people would kill for, foods that got other people killed (I read a news not quite long about a guy getting burned because he stole a pot of soup). Instead of disposing that raw food in your kitchen, find a hungry soul, if you can't do that, we have motherless-babies homes around that you can donate the food to. Thank you.

Re: Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? by ladyF(f): 11:42am On Aug 30, 2015
True, I'm guilty too, had to consciously stop wasting food.
Re: Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? by senier007(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Which type of food?
Eba? Semo? Gari? Fufu? Tuwo?
Well even the soil need swallow time to time
Re: Who Has Ever Wondered The Rate At Which We Waste Food? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
Soo true!
Not just these sef, the poop we poop is also waste most af the time . We shouldn't be eating as much don't you think?

(1) (Reply)

World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries (day 13) / Disinformation Alert! Russia Accused Of War Crimes In Syria / South Africa Is Now Africa's Biggest Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.