Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour (745 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour by tocdee(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2009
Hi guys, just saw this:

RAFA'S PRIDE AT WORLD COACH HONOUR

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his pride at being voted the best coach in the world by supporters voting in three of the continents best known newspapers.
Spain's AS and Marca, plus Italian broadsheet La Gazzetta dello Sport conducted online polls asking their readers to vote for the best coach in world football.

Liverpool's manager was an overwhelmingly popular figure and came out on top, winning more votes than the likes of Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Fabio Capello, Marcello Lippi, Vicente Del Bosque and Josep Guardiola.

"I am really pleased. You cannot say that someone is the best in the world as it's almost impossible to guarantee that, but at least you have three big newspapers and supporters saying that we as a club are not bad," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"That for me is very positive because it means our staff are really good and the players are really good.

"The manager always depends on the players and his staff. You can't be a good manager if you don't have a good team behind you. If the supporters say you are doing well it's because your team, your club is doing well.

"Clearly it's nice because it's supporters from three different countries that voted, as there was also another poll in Germany."

He has my vote!
Re: Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour by bgees(m): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2009
rafa is more of tournament coach, he has the tactics to defeat anyone with a team almost full of average players. he has my vote too.
Re: Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour by Akolawole(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
bgees:

rafa is more of tournament coach, he has the tactics to defeat anyone with a team almost full of average players. he has my vote too.

Who is an average player in Liverpool?
Re: Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour by DaJunta(m): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2009
@akolawole,
Lucas
Re: Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour by tocdee(m): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2009
While he won the UCL with average players, you can't really say this current group is average.

(1) (Reply)

Inter Milan Vs Barca: Viewing Centers Experience Low Turnout / The Champions League Will Soon Become A 'scottish League' - Valencia President / MAN City Win The EPL!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.