Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Any Mac Os X Fan Here - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Mac Os X Fan Here (3673 Views)

Lovers Of Apple Mac Os X / Best Karaoke Software For Mac OS X And Windows PC / Apple Ibook G4 Laptop*great Condition*mac Os Leopard*warri*benin- #70,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2009
i finally bit the bullet and got myself an iMac running Mac OS X snow leopard recently and after using it for a couple of weeks , i wondered why i used that crap called windows for such a long time. anyone here feel the same ??
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by anuu01(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
Baba, nice one, i use a MacBook Pro too, i dont even know how to use a Windows machine again.

i just believe the Mac is the best thing to happen to me, makes using a computer exciting and a worthwhile experience,
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2009
Exactly. I still wonder how i managed to use crappy windows for such a long time without trying the Mac.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
apple mac is the ultimate.i need one again.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2009
what do u mean ??
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by xterra2(m): 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
I am a great Apple Fan
I love MAC!
I use the new Macbook Air and its very lovely,so slim adn the OS is wonderful!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by flyuche(m): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
no fans here. just mac owners
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2009
well am a fan and also a owner
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
you cant be a user and owner without being a fan.The mac operating system is far greater than windows.
Fans,Users,Owners what do u think?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by flyuche(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
It would be nice to see your personalised desktop screenshots, apple fans.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
For those apple fans that still like window, partion ur apple mac with MAC OS and WINDOWS.Have fun!!!(Boot camp)
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
Well am actually using vmware fusion (u can use parallels as well).

I like to keep the junk called Windows in its own sandbox so that if there is any mess like a virus attack all i'll do is to move fusion into the trash and reinstall it again
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2009
sure
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by mamba74(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ Candylips

I am wondering how you got hold of snow leopard(OSX 10.6) while is not released yet,
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2009
My bad. Its leopard (10.5)
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by hustla(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2009
Please I've been a fan for a lil while, how much can I get one, Fairly used or new in Lagos
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by marktwain: 9:28am On May 18, 2009
guys,
pls where can i buy an apple imac in Lagos?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:41am On May 18, 2009
i dunno where you can get it on lagos. But i guess you can order from the apple website online and they will ship it to you directly
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 8:37am On May 20, 2009
flyuche:

It would be nice  to see your personalised desktop  screenshots, apple fans.

I have been using mac (recently updated to version 10.5.6) for a while now, and I can confidently say its a far better OS, in my own opinion

@ flyuche, your answer attached. this is a 'spaces' screen shot from my mac.
@ candylips, Apple does not ship their products to Nigeria
@ marktwain/hustla: I can be of help if you are interested; mail me: loveblast@ymail.com

I wonder what I've been doing with windows all this while.

Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2009
dude did u use expose for that screen shot
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 10:33am On May 20, 2009
No, I used spaces;
If you've got a mac, go to system preferences , desktop and screensaver , you'll see spaces. you may also activate it using 'hot corners' or pin it to your tray, as I did mine. It comes in handy if you dont want your screen looking clogged with different apps.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by adesh4real: 10:44am On May 20, 2009
Hello u must be a computer genius i hope we could be friends, this is my email address adelove4feeligs88@yahoo.com
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 11:01am On May 20, 2009
@ adesh4real, I wouldn't call myself that. check my email in my earlier posts. Mac OS really rocks!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2009
yea i know spaces. you can even configure certain apps to work on certain screens.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 11:51am On May 20, 2009
Good, Candylips. Using a mac is so intuitive that even when you work, its a breeze. Not to mention its play (i e entertainment) part. I'm amazed how few people in Nigeria know about Mac.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2009
I think its not really that popular because its too expensive for most folks in nigeria. Do u have a mac book pro or an iMac ?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 12:36pm On May 20, 2009
Expensive only on the short term.

When I consider the fact that I don't have to worry my head updating antiviruses all the time, freezing now and again, etc AND I can even run two OS on the same system (check that out!!). Why, I think its quite economical.
Besides, Apple offers lots of budget options.

Well, I'm using a mac mini for now (felt like dumping my windows in the Atlantic 1 week after I got the mac!). Bought it just to play safe cuz at first I found it difficult to believe that Mac could do all what Apple claimed it does. Now I'm convinced beyond all reasonable doubts. Planning to get a Macbook or an iMac next month.

Mac rocks.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2009
Nice one  smiley  I hava an iMac. will probably get a mac mini as well soon.

Actually one of the main reasons i got a Mac was because of Final Cut pro
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 2:11pm On May 20, 2009
That is one sweet piece of sowftware you got there, task it to the full !!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2009
Final Cut pro is one helluva software. Very easy and intuitive to use and full of some really wonderful features.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 2:49pm On May 20, 2009
I'm sure that won't be the only thing you use it for. Mac is such a powerful machine that even the 'complicated' tasks in MS OS
becomes a child's play in Mac. I even read on pcworld.com that mac has topped the other PCs in sales in the US (that tells you something). More and more are floking to mac after a disappointing vista experience.

When I talk to my friends about this huge difference, they don't believe me; then I give them a simple demo, and they all go 'wow', I hope that very soon many more Nigerians will be saying the 'wow'.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2009
Yea the easy of use in Mac is unbelivable.

you know there was this time i was trying to connect a Vista latop to another Vista PC in a LAN and it wasn't straight forward(it was even worse when i wanted to do XP to Vista, had to download some compactibility patch) but i was surprised that when i booted up my mac it found the Vista PC automatically by ITSELF.
I didn't need to configure some stupid workgroup  and stuff it just worked out of the box !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16GB RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, Core i7-6700HQ, 4GB Nvidia 960M @2010K / UK Used Dell E6410 - 6GB RAM, Core i7 At 85k Only *sold / Help! Idm Error: Unable To Rename Downloaded File From Temp Folder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.