Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide (1914 Views)

Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. / Ultimate Proof Of Our Spiritual Nature- LUCID DREAMING. / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
It is of no new trend that Pastors and Spiritual leaders makes mistakes.
Believe me ,the consequences of Some of these mistakes of theirs can be Fatal to the ministry and the members.

While most of us are quick to judge,hack,stroke,condemn etc.
Let us be aware that they are yet humans,they are flesh and blood like you and I.
Despite the fact the might have wrought miracles and healings,they are still men of like Passions just like you and I.
read Acts 14:-
James5:16-19.

What to do when your Spiritual leaders errs.

1)Pray for them : - this is the most important and best thing to do,pray for them.

2)Believe the best about them.

3)Focus on their strengths and you will see their weakness disappear.

4)speak postively about them.

5)Never, I repeat Never criticise them in Public or in the midst people or amongst yourselves in churches or anywhere.

6)Never criticise/ condemn them on Social media.

7)Talk to other Spiritual leaders about the Particular Pastor/leader.

coolHonour them.

One thing we should know is this,
the more we criticize Spiritual leaders especially on the Internet
,the harder it is for the Gospel to spread.

Because People will have wrong impressions about the preacher which will result to obstacle for the Gospel.

Have a great week ahead.

Cc Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Anas09: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ Ops. I tok am say u be better person. God so bless u for this charge.
Christians are the only soldiers who kill their wounded in the battle field. Every trained soldier carries along their wounded, except in a situation where they can't help it. But we help stan do his work
I also understand that, in the mist of the flock,there's the mix multitude, the Tares who are there to hinder and to staunt the growth of the church. They r the seed of Satan planted right in the mist of the wheats. They r the ones who shout the loudest in situations where the leader errs.
They r in church to find faults, correct grammatical errors, they r not there to get impacted.
May the Lord help us in Jesus name.
Shalom.
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
Anas09:
@ Ops. I tok am say u be better person. God so bless u for this charge.
Christians are the only soldiers who kill their wounded in the battle field. Every trained soldier carries along their wounded, except in a situation where they can't help it. But we help stan do his work
I also understand that, in the mist of the flock,there's the mix multitude, the Tares who are there to hinder and to staunt the growth of the church. They r the seed of Satan planted right in the mist of the wheats. They r the ones who shout the loudest in situations where the leader errs.
They r in church to find faults, correct grammatical errors, they r not there to get impacted.
May the Lord help us in Jesus name.
Shalom.

Amen bro.
Please help me get more people to read this.
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
cc Gombs,vooks,scholar8200,OLAADEGBU,jiggaz.
an2elect.
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
cc winner01,malvisguy212,
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by winner01(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
sportsmaster:
cc winner01,malvisguy212,
Even many of the so called God's generals had their down times. Down times that many of us would probably not overlook today. We all strive towards perfection. Nice one op, May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by vooks: 7:02am On Aug 31, 2015
sportsmaster:

an2elect.

A wise quote from FB

2 Likes

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
sportsmaster:

an2elect.

The earlier you realised that a leader's sin is a leading sin the better you will get to understand the gravity of what we are dealing with. You err when you misconstrue sins for mistakes. As long as we are human we are bound to make mistakes. We cannot be perfect in knowledge but God demands that we be perfect in spirit. Only Jesus is perfect and only He can make us perfect by His precious blood that was shed for us on the cross of cavalry. Mistakes can easily be corrected but sin has to be repented of and not celebrated. If you look closely at the depiction below you will see where the problem lies. sad

1 Share

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

A wise quote from FB

How I wish you imbibe the truth that you have just posted. undecided
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by vooks: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

How I wish you imbibe the truth that you have just posted. undecided
Me too
You came out with all your fangs defending Kumuyi's son's marriage cheesy
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
vooks:

Me too
You came out with all your fangs defending Kumuyi's son's marriage cheesy

When and how did I do such?
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 02, 2015
people always misunderstand the fact that spiritual leaders are Yet humans.They have their own flaws too,
they can make mistakes/errors.
And when this happens,it is not in your own turn criticize/hack or condem.

The best thing to do is to pray for them.

Cc An2elect
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2015
this is not to commend Gombs or anyone attending Christ Embassy.
i too do not attened CE.

The reason why Christ Embassy is where it is today despite their challenges and their shortcomings is the fact that they Honor their leaders.

The members will always defend their leaders.
Because that leader backslid,he has not lost his office.

You can see the case of Noah,
Noah was the man God used to save humanity from extinction.
Bt you will see later than Noah got drunk and was naked.

While his 2 children honored him and covered his unclothedness and 3rd child that despised him,you know what happened.

You know the case of Moses too,when Aaron that other woman spoke against him for marrying a non Jew.
You know what happened.

Also the case of David,after Saul had died.
David still honored Saul,remember the servant that spoke wrongly abt Saul.
Read 2sam.

The list endless.

Cc vooks,Gombs
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by tnprestored: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2015
Why do you like to cover the evil deeds of your leaders, when God didn't cover the evil deeds of bible characters so that we can learn thru them (For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Rom.15:4).
Don't come here to deceive people with worldly reasoning or philosophy -Colosians :8 (for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. –Matt.10:26). God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. –Ecc.12:14

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked..... –Nahum 1:3
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
tnprestored:
Why do you like to cover the evil deeds of your leaders, when God didn't cover the evil deeds of bible characters so that we can learn thru them (For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Rom.15:4).
Don't come here to deceive people with worldly reasoning or philosophy -Colosians :8 (for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. –Matt.10:26). God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. –Ecc.12:14

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked..... –Nahum 1:3
tnprestored:

all you said here has no relation to the topic i posted.

Did you bother to Pray for the person.?
sportsmaster:
this is not to commend Gombs or anyone attending Christ Embassy.
i too do not attened CE.
The reason why Christ Embassy is where it is today despite their challenges and their shortcomings is the fact that they Honor their leaders.
The members will always defend their leaders.
Because that leader backslid,he has not lost his office.
Noah was the man God used to save humanity from extinction.
Bt you will see later than Noah got drunk and was naked.
While his 2 children honored him and covered his unclothedness and 3rd child that despised him,you know what happened.
You know the case of Moses too,when Aaron that other woman spoke against him for marrying a non Jew.
You know what happened.
Also the case of David,after Saul had died.
David still honored Saul,remember the servant that spoke wrongly abt Saul.
Read 2sam.
The list endless.
Cc vooks,Gombs
Did you bother to Pray for the person.?
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by jiggaz(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
sportsmaster:
It is of no new trend that Pastors and Spiritual leaders makes mistakes.
Believe me ,the consequences of Some of these mistakes of theirs can be Fatal to the ministry and the members.
While most of us are quick to judge,hack,stroke,condemn etc.
Let us be aware that they are yet humans,they are flesh and blood like you and I.
Despite the fact the might have wrought miracles and healings,they are still men of like Passions just like you and I.
read Acts 14:-
James5:16-19.
What to do when your Spiritual leaders errs.
1)Pray for them : - this is the most important and best thing to do,pray for them.
5)Never, I repeat Never criticise them in Public or in the midst people or amongst yourselves in churches or anywhere.
coolHonour them.
Because People will have wrong impressions about the preacher which will result to obstacle for the Gospel.
Have a great week ahead.
Cc Lalasticlala
I am just seeing dis now. What you wrote is so true. People seem to forget dat men of God are humans too, they are not perfect. I don't condemn people again cos you don't know their personal relationship with God. It is well.

1 Like

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
maybe i should refer you guys to the book of 1sam1.
Where Eli taught Hannah was drunk and she was not.

she honoured him despite the fact that He(Eli) was wrong about her and she received her blessing.

Do read 1sam1 and 2
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by esere826: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
sportsmaster:

Interesting ideas
but wait a minute, were do we draw the line?

an MOG rapes a little girl, and his assembly believes he did no wrong,
should the rest of us shut up or simply report him to other leaders and not the cops,
...leaders who probably have worse skeletons in their cupboards

when we keep quiet won't other leaders and assembly members begin to actually do the same thing thinking it is not wrong
what happens to this little girl who everyone turns their back on and despise so that the MOG is spared and the gospel has no obstacle?

..just thinking out loud, and I really dont want to go quoting scriptures because it would be a torrent if I do so

2 Likes

Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
esere826:

Interesting ideas
but wait a minute, were do we draw the line?

an MOG rapes a little girl, and his assembly believes he did no wrong,
should the rest of us shut up or simply report him to other leaders and not the cops,
...leaders who probably have worse skeletons in their cupboards

when we keep quiet won't other leaders and assembly members begin to actually do the same thing thinking it is not wrong
what happens to this little girl who everyone turns their back on and despise so that the MOG is spared and the gospel has no obstacle?

..just thinking out loud, and I really dont want to go quoting scriptures because it would be a torrent if I do so

I posted a solution to this in The OP.
Read the steps i wrote there.
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by esere826: 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
sportsmaster:

I posted a solution to this in The OP.
Read the steps i wrote there.

that is no solution
that is a vestige of theocracy

Europe was once there you know, and if anything it is argued that it killed the church worldwide and in Europe when folks got fed up
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by esere826: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
let me help dissect your points
sportsmaster:
\
Ok

Does believing someone's best change his worst. For example, notorious robbers can also be generous folks. So what exactly does this point mean?

Not really. I believe I know what you're trying to say, but I doubt you've properly digested the fullness of this physiologically powerful concept.
..this is another topic for another day

fair enough

why not? Is it because they told you so and you believe them. Your dad might have likewise told you same thing never to challenge him.

Why not?

Why? where does this suggestion come from? Have you thought through this

coolHonour them.
Is honor earned or demanded?

Sorry, I'l take my leave now
midway through responding to your suggestions .. I saw some rooky gaps
I realised that although you've got a good heart
there is some more information that you would need to absorb and consequently process with the passing of time
...stay blessed
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 13, 2015
esere826:
let me help dissect your points

Ok

Does believing someone's best change his worst. For example, notorious robbers can also be generous folks. So what exactly does this point mean?

Not really. I believe I know what you're trying to say, but I doubt you've properly digested the fullness of this physiologically powerful concept.
..this is another topic for another day

fair enough

why not? Is it because they told you so and you believe them. Your dad might have likewise told you same thing never to challenge him.

Why not?

Why? where does this suggestion come from? Have you thought through this

Is honor earned or demanded?

Sorry, I'l take my leave now
midway through responding to your suggestions .. I saw some rooky gaps
I realised that although you've got a good heart
there is some more information that you would need to absorb and consequently process with the passing of time
...stay blessed

Noah was the man God used to save
humanity from extinction.

Bt you will see later than Noah got drunk
and was Unclad. While his 2 children honored him and
covered his unclothedness and 3rd child
that despised him,you know what
happened.

You know the case of Moses too,when
Aaron that other woman spoke against
him for marrying a non Jew.
You know what happened.

Also the case of David,after Saul had
died.
David still honored Saul,remember the
servant that spoke wrongly abt Saul.
Read 2sam..

The point here is that it is never IN OUR OWN TURN to speak against the MOG,leave him to God.
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by esere826: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2015
sportsmaster:

Noah was the man God used to save
humanity from extinction.

....etc
interesting examples alright -out of curiosity, how long have you been in Christ?

From my experience,
the bible can kill one, and also make one alive
I really don't know where to start from to break some of these things to you.
For example as starters,
1) Noah's son was cursed by Noah, and not by God. Remember that Lot did not curse his daughters for sleeping with him
2) Moses was spoken against by Aaron and his sister because of jealousy or because of his 'black' wife. This is a long story
3) David owed Saul everything, in as much as Saul turned against him later. There was no requirement for him to be loyal to Saul.

what do you mean by speaking against a MOG? [ ...break it down to its bits
First ask what exactly is a MOG?
Are you a MOG?, who are the MOGs?
What constitutes 'Speaking against'? For example, asking this MOG a question, is it speaking against?, saying you don't agree, is it speaking against? etc
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
esere826:

interesting examples alright -out of curiosity, how long have you been in Christ?
since 2014.
Your duration for being in Christ is not a criteria for soundness in doctrine.

From my experience,
the bible can kill one, and also make one alive
your experiences doesn't matter. the written word does matter above any man's experience

I really don't know where to start from to break some of these things to you.
For example as starters,
1) Noah's son was cursed by Noah, and not by God.
with whose authourity did Noah curse?

2) Moses was spoken against by Aaron and his sister because of jealousy or because of his 'black' wife. This is a long story
Then what happened to his Sister?
You know the story

3) David owed Saul everything, in as much as Saul turned against him later. There was no requirement for him to be loyal to Saul.
Go and read 2samuel 1 and 2.

what do you mean by speaking against a MOG? [ ...break it down to its bits
First ask what exactly is a MOG?
Are you a MOG?, who are the MOGs?
What constitutes 'Speaking against'? For example, asking this MOG a question, is it speaking against?, saying you don't agree, is it speaking against? etc

i never used the word MOG ,i used the word Spiritual leaders.
Spiritual leaders are bound to err.
They are men of like passions as you and I.

Speaking against will mean to insult or dishonor them because of their mistakes.

[/quote]
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by esere826: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
sportsmaster:

since 2014.
Your duration for being in Christ is not a criteria for soundness in doctrine.
you're right.
However time helps in giving you the latitude of putting doctrines to the test and gathering information to support or disprove doctrines
For example, someone who has never been a christian and got baptised in HIM only two days ago will know little to nothing about the history of the church, and how some doctrines that are coming forth, actually came 100's of years ago and caused problems to the congregations and made the church leaders evil dictators

with whose authourity did Noah curse?
I don't recall that the bible said anything about Noah cursing under the authority of God. Did you read something like that?

Then what happened to his Sister?
You know the story
uhmm,,... now this is the kind of bible fear that works on people and kills them. This is a big topic on its own
However, you missed my point. I might also need a whole new thread to say the story of what happened . ie the entire scenario that played out

Go and read 2samuel 1 and 2.
This is still another long story. The essence of my point is that David made personal choices and pronouncements. The mistake some make is that when they read the Bible they always assume that every word spoken, even by individuals was spoken by God. So for example, when David said this: “Why weren’t you afraid to lift your hand to destroy the Lord’s anointed" ... it is is assumed that God was the one who spoke these words. ..big mistake

i never used the word MOG ,i used the word Spiritual leaders.
you did use it. Just copy and paste this "TURN to speak against the MOG" in search, you'll find that you used it.
But no worries. We'll let that pass

Spiritual leaders are bound to err.
They are men of like passions as you and I.
I agree very much
For me, the challenge is when you err and then you turn am to new church tradition and even turn the scripture on its head to support your erring. Well, I guess that is part of the erring process. The only problem is with the little ones that take the erring as a new doctrine and mess themselves up. ...na dis wan dey pain me.

Speaking against will mean to insult ....
I agree this should not be done to anyone at all whether a leader or follower. (...i am using the Nigerian definition of insult here)

.....or dishonor them because of their mistakes.
what does dishonor mean?
For example, i have learnt that Yorubas concept of honour is different from mine.
Can you give me examples of dishonour, thanks
Re: When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
esere826:

you're right.
However time helps in giving you the latitude of putting doctrines to the test and gathering information to support or disprove doctrines
For example, someone who has never been a christian and got baptised in HIM only two days ago will know little to nothing about the history of the church, and how some doctrines that are coming forth, actually came 100's of years ago and caused problems to the congregations and made the church leaders evil dictators

it is still not a criteria for knowledge.
I av been a Christian for only One year plus.
But i can boast that the things i know of now.Some who have been Christians for 5-10 do not even know them.

I don't recall that the bible said anything about Noah cursing under the authority of God. Did you read something like that?
i guess i will answer you with what you
posted.see it below

For example as starters, 1) Noah's son was cursed by Noah, and
not by God. Remember that Lot did not
curse his daughters for sleeping with him

uhmm,,... now this is the kind of bible fear that works on people and kills them.
it just about understanding where your leaders stand.

This is a big topic on its own

However, you missed my point. I might also need a whole new thread to say the story of what happened . ie the entire scenario that played out
This is still another long story. The essence of my point is that David made personal choices and pronouncements. The mistake some make is that when they read the Bible they always assume that every word spoken, even by individuals was spoken by God. So for example, when David said this: “Why weren’t you afraid to lift your hand to destroy the Lord’s anointed" ... it is is assumed that God was the one who spoke these words. ..big mistake
you did use it.

It simply mean David understands what honor is. despite the fact that God has stripped Saul of his annointing.

Just copy and paste this "TURN to speak against the MOG" in search, you'll find that you used it.
in this context,we can use them both interchangeably.

But no worries. We'll let that pass
I agree very much

For me, the challenge is when you err and then you turn am to new church tradition and even turn the scripture on its head to support your erring. Well, I guess that is part of the erring process. The only problem is with the little ones that take the erring as a new doctrine and mess themselves up. ...na dis wan dey pain me.

its only a an IGNORANT and STUP!D Church that will turn its leaders' error into a practice.

I agree this should not be done to anyone at all whether a leader or follower. (...i am using the Nigerian definition of insult here)
what does dishonor mean?
For example, i have learnt that Yorubas concept of honour is different from mine.
Can you give me examples of dishonour, thanks

i suggest you read through
1 sam,2sam,1kings,2kings.
You will find out.

SELAH

(1) (Reply)

If You Believe GOD Loves ALL, Look At This (pix) / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" / A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.