Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ (18534 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / Senior Police Officers Protest At Force Headquarters Over Lopsided Postings / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Ptimes: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
An Abuja-based lawyer, Dim-Udebuani Marcel, has sued President Muhammadu Buhari over recent appointments made by the president.
Mr. Buhari has been accused of favouring a section of the country against in the appointments he has so far made.

In a suit filed on August 31, with number FHC/ABJ/CS/732/2015, Mr. Marcel accused the president of marginalizing the South East geopolitical zone, which has not received any appointment from the Buhari government yet.

The president and the Federal Character Commission are joined as defendants.

Mr. Marcel’s counsel, Jude Ifesemen, said the plaintiff wants the court to determine whether the 25 important appointments made by President Buhari were done against the spirit of constitutionally guaranteed federal character.

The court will decide “whether the exclusion of South East geo-political zone in the 25 appointments made so far by the 1st defendant is unconstitutional and divisive?” Mr. Marcel said.

He also sought to determine whether there are no qualified or corrupt free persons from the South East region.

The court will as well decide “Whether the 2nd defendant has in the circumstance of this case, discharged its statutory duties under paragraph 8(1), (a), (b) and (c) of the Third Schedule to the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended)”.

Mr. Marcel also prayed the court for an order compelling the president to reverse the appointments made so far and to observe and comply with the principle of Federal Character as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.

He also sought an order of court compelling the Chairman, Federal Character Commission, Oba Abdul-raheem to invoke paragraph 8(1) (c) of the Third Schedule to the 1999 constitution and order of court declaring all the appointments so far made null and void for violating the federal character.

The suit was supported with 23 paragraph affidavit deposed to by the plaintiff.
A date is yet to be fixed for hearing on the case.

Mr. Buhari has come under fire for what many see as lopsided appointments with more slots apparently going to the northern region. The president is from Katsina state in Nigeria’s northern region.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189383-buhari-sued-over-lopsided-appointments.html

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by lekejob(m): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
This should be one of those attention seekers.

Waooo, sep. 1st.
FTC. This is a good sign. I dedicate this to all nairalanders.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by DropShot: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Iranu.

The president can neither sue nor be sued.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by StepTwo: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
hmmm!
nigerians and bizzy body
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by donwise1(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Isalright
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by faithugo64(f): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
waste of time and Money

in Nigeria everything is turned upside down

6 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by emekamn(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
faithugo64:
waste of time and Money

in Nigeria everything is turned upside down
Not really...you'ld agree with me that it's far better than all the ranting we see here on nairaland.
This is the beauty of Democracy...

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by faithugo64(f): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
emekamn:

Not really...you'ld agree with me that it's far better than all the ranting we see here on nairaland.
This is the beauty of Democracy...
yes dear,but this is Nigeria,the rule of law is thrown out of the window

2 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by damiloladuke: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
I see frustration

DO YOU NEED AN ADMIN FOR YOUR BLOG? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by kulobyno: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Charge and bail lawyers seeking attention since 1960AD
Well, this one has a reasonable course but trust judges, they have a way of thwarting your efforts with few funny phrases like:
The case lacks merit

Such phrases come especially when a plaintiff doesn't doesn't have cash backup. Abeg Nigerian judges no dey Chop only grammer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Boyebeez(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hmm
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by sigiyaya(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
This is no case...

I am not surprised at PMB apportionments so far...

I saw it coming ..

I am preparing a strong case against ROCHAS for lying
and claiming to be an IGBO MAN cool cool cool cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by ZACHIE: 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lubbish sueing

1 Like

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by ghanaman5050: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Man must chop lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Donjinks(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
I can see Fayose nd FFK in dat lawyer! Dis case lack merit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by osaslord500(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
kiss
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
DoA: Dead on Arrival.
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by ibkgab001: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jail I smell for him

1 Like

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by boman2014: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
v

1 Like

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by moscobabs(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
ideeeot

2 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by bendutch(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
I feel very sorry for the yellowbars that fell so cheap for the scam "CHANGE" by some leaders with brown teeth. Now they can't come out to defend the actions of their principal.
GEJ will always be the HERO. Cant wait for 2019 so we can send APChit to Bermuda traingle for burial. Yellowbars una see una life?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Yeebos

12 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by missKiffy(f): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
This one no get work o

2 Likes

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Warldbest(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
I pray he wins angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by DankemzI(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Biafra is a Task all Lovers of Freedom, Lovers of Justice, Lovers of Fairness & Equity must Support!
Irrespective of Tribe,...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by brainpulse: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Failed attempt
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Not their fault though, gaskiya even if na me I go complain like tomorrow no de, but all said and done, it has happened already. Just take heart ko

1 Like

Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by kennyddonn(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
we only want those that are corruption-free
we not concerned with tribes, zone or whatever
we just want those that will change d state of d nation.

b. u. t.

to be candid, buhahri no do well
shey south east is not part of d country again niiiii....?

ooooooooh maybe he wan give dem MD,s of all parastatals.lolllz
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Not their fault though, gaskiya even if na me I go complain like tomorrow no de, but all said and done, it has happened already. Just take heart ko.
Re: Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ by direkt: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good luck to him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Cabal In Control Of The Old Man – Dele Momodu Laments Buhari Govt / New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.