Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92053 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2015
The FB posts in the OP are really the way a typical 'Nigerian' home is run...

@OP: The husband obviously doesn't like a buffet... He likes iya rashida style grin

Now this is a man who thinks his wife is beneath him cheesy

Wifey pele...

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2015
This is what marriage has been reduced to. Where's the love? And this man will definitely think it's beneath him to help out at home.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Jamean(f): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Hunger never catch that your immature husband. . Typical traditional man...

Everything is an issue these days, making marriage seem like a child's play..

Nne ehn... The matter wear skirt and blouse. I just heard of one that insists the woman turn his Eba with eating spoon and not turning stick angry

Flux of traditional men.

Btw... how are you doing. I miss you wink

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2015
Jamean:

Nne ehn... The matter wear skirt and blouse. I just heard of one that insists the woman turn his Eba with eating spoon and not turning stick angry

Flux of traditional men.

Btw... how are you doing. I miss you wink

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Spoon? His own alone or the whole family?

I have heard of men insist on beans/pepper grinded on stone.

The ones that does not eat 2nd day soup nko?

Goodluck to the wives married to them

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
My views?

The wife is in serious dereliction of her duty. The expectation is;

1. She prepares all meals fresh in direct accord with his taste and preferences
2. She sets-up and serves him accordingly
3. She waits on him while he eats - being proactive in ensuring he has all he needs
4. She clears up at his prompting - although she should learn to take non-verbal cues here.
5. She presents warm soapy water for washing hands, followed by a scented towel for drying - he may prefer you to dry, verify this.
6. She should thank him for allowing her to be of service
7. She should make enquiry as to how she could have improved the service

I also think he's a bit slack for permitting this slovenly approach - give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. As for "having other chores to attend to", what could take priority over serving your husband .

Arrant nonsense. A woman that loves and is committed to you will love to serve you. All these side-chicks masquerading as wives. Next she'll be asking for you to consider her needs during intimacy angry.

TV

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

My views?

3. She waits on him while he eats - being proactive in ensuring he has all he needs
4. She clears up at his prompting - although she should learn to take non-verbal cues here.
5. She presents warm soapy water for washing hands, followed by a scented towel for drying - he may prefer you to dry, verify this.

I also think he's a bit slack for permitting this slovenly approach - give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. As for "having other chores to attend to", what could take priority over serving your husband .

Arrant nonsense. A woman that loves and is committed to you will love to serve you. All these side-chicks masquerading as wives. Next she'll be asking for you to consider her needs during intimacy angry.

TV

I hope she is kneeling while serving you with her face tilted downwards...

We won't except her to be rude enough to look you directly in the eyes... not so

And she will also rub your back so after food so you will bulch grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:
She's a wife, not a slave. Plus kneeling with face down, willl hinder, not help her serving her husband

bukatyne:
We won't except her to be rude enough to look you directly in the eyes... not so
Oga' preference to the fore once again on this. Don't take anything for granted. And it differs from culture to culture. Not everyone lives in Idumota you know grin

bukatyne:

I take it you mean "belch" - again, Oga' preference.

TV

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Until women learn to marry their friends and not some psychologically stuck up old stick in the mud, woe shall continue to be their tales. Marry your friend and lover, period!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 11:23am On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

She's a wife, not a slave. Plus kneeling with face down, willl hinder, not help her serving her husband

Oga' preference to the fore once again on this. Don't take anything for granted. And it differs from culture to culture. Not everyone lives in Idumota you know grin

I take it you mean "belch" - again, Oga' preference.

TV

Do people live in Idumota? Na the market I know grin

It is not Yoruba culture to kneel again.. Not looking is translating the Yoruba 'e ma je kin woju yin' to English.

She will kneel after dishing the food and waiting for further instructions.

Yes, I meant belch. Thanks

Try this... it will help the serving better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

nawa o.this is a serious matter grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:
Until women learn to marry their friends and not some psychologically stuck up old stick in the mud, woe shall continue to be their tales. Marry your friend and lover, period!
take 5.

your head is correct

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
take 5.

your head is correct

She never start ask Facebook, this one nah beginning.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Friends and lovers don't provide and protect. Friending and loving isn't the only thing a husband does. How many of your friends and lovers do you do laundry for or have kids for. A husband is more than a friend and a lover.

My wife prostrates to serve me grin. And she doesn't have any problem with it. Instead of you people to tell the truth that the man should be served like a king in his palace, you're here forming modernity.

I bet if her father demanded such she'd be floating like a fairy to feed and digest the food for the old man sef. Abeg, make una let us hear word.

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by cococandy(f): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Nwanyi Oma

How far?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

I'm surprised I've not read you need deliverance grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Friends and lovers don't provide and protect. Friending and loving isn't the only thing a husband does. How many of your friends and lovers do you do laundry for or have kids for. A husband is more than a friend and a lover.

My wife prostrates to serve me grin. And she doesn't have any problem with it. Instead of you people to tell the truth that the man should be served like a king in his palace, you're here forming modernity.

I bet if her father demanded such she'd be floating like a fairy to feed and digest the food for the old man sef. Abeg, make una let us hear word.

As it suits you Sir.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:
The painful thing is that, that friend you married may turn out to be a beast after marriage. People pretend a lot

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:

Nwanyi Oma

How far?

Nwanne mmadu I dey jare, make I collect small instant headache from the thread angry.

How pushing dey go?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Ewuro4: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

My views?

TV

#1 ,2,3,4,5 &7 ALL CHECK! grin

As for #5, Nah. Afro Canadians will never provide an Octogenarian a soapy hand washing water. You walk up to the sink and DIY.

Good early momo morning from my Crib.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

I believe you know the difference between a father and a husband. Which king? Which palace? Shouldn't a king have loads of servants aa his beck and call?
Friends and lovers provide and protect. What u even saying sef?

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by cococandy(f): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Nwanne mmadu I dey jare, make I collect small instant headache from the thread angry.

How pushing dey go?

Instant headache indeed. grin

Going good.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

I believe you know the difference between a father and a husband. Which king? Which palace? Shouldn't a king have loads of servants aa his beck and call?
Friends and lovers provide and protect. What u even saying sef?

Please enlighten me on why a husband shouldn't be served the same way a father would.

By your second paragraph, I'm done with you. Move on to others with which have things in common. You do not have a boyfriend, talk less of husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

The painful thing is that, that friend you married may turn out to be a beast after marriage. People pretend a lot

Most women mistake the gift bearer as a friend, you look at the content of a man's heart. I realised that when you see a Man/woman whining on how terrible and beastly their spouse is, know that he/she knows exactly where the rain started beating them.

Any woman that claims she doesn't know who she married is either a liar or chose to stick her head into the sand.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Sometimes, they marry their friends and somehow the men think a 'husband' is different from a 'friend and lover'

I heard a new wife saying 'he is trying to show he is a husband' when they had issues grin

That is the origin of the popular cliché 'Marriage is different from courtship'

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Ewuro4: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?

MY VIEWS?

*When a wife feels enslaved and Inferior 'serving' her man then somt'n sdefwrong

*He's not worth your service hence your rebellion.

Shikena

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I'm surprised I've not read you need deliverance grin

It might still be on the way angry.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Most women mistake the gift bearer as a friend, you look at the content of a man's heart. I realised that when you see a Man/woman whining on how terrible and beastly their spouse is, know that he/she knows exactly where the rain started beating them.

Any woman that claims she doesn't know who she married is either a liar or chose to stick her head into the sand.

Hmm so so true

That's why I used to ask 'Did he/she not know before marriage' until ....
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

It might still be on the way angry.
fasting and prayer nko? grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:

grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 11:59am On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Sometimes, they marry their friends and somehow the men think a 'husband' is different from a 'friend and lover'

I heard a new wife saying 'he is trying to show he is a husband' when they had issues grin

That is the origin of the popular cliché 'Marriage is different from courtship'

Stuck up mentality, "that is how our fathers did it " mentality, I believe the signs are always there from the beginning, let them enjoy whoever they married abeg.

Some women claim they married their friend and suddenly he changed to....people can say anything when they choose to cast blames.

Why can't people be spontaneous, flow with the tide, just be comfortable with themselves, just serve each other for the love of "us".....

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Please enlighten me on why a husband shouldn't be served the same way a father would.

By your second paragraph, I'm done with you. Move on to others with which have things in common. You do not have a boyfriend, talk less of husband.
How about you serving your wife the way you serve your mother? Hope that would go down well with you .

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / This Is What My House Help Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.