Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists (20982 Views)

ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / ICPC Plans To Go After Bloggers: Read Senator Ben Bruce’s Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by londonrivals: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
On-line media practitioners and users of the social media platforms would now be on the radar of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related offences Commission, ICPC, for checks against malicious petitions and mudslinging, the Chairman of ICPC Barrister Ekpo Nta has said.

He said ICPC is worried given the fact that the social media platforms are now awashed with malicious petitions and mudslinging that are largely motivated by selfish interests.

Barrister Nta spoke with reporters in Abuja yesterday shortly after declaring opened the capacity building workshop organised by Anti-Corruption Academy for members of States Houses of Assembly from the North-Central geopolitical zone of the country.

He said the ICPC Acts empowered the body to investigate, arrest and prosecute masterminds of malicious petitions and urged law-makers in the country to take up the responsibility of whistle blowers in the fight against corruption.

His words: “ Everybody suppose to be a whistle blower under our Act, but I will like to warn at this junction that a lot of malicious petitions are also making the rounds, the people who are making these malicious petitions for their personal goods should also know that they are not protected by the law and that when we investigate and find them to be untrue and to be malicious , the ICPC Acts provide for prosecution, and we will definitely prosecute them.

“If you look at social media platforms, they are awash now with all kinds of malicious petitions and mudslinging on the people, they should know they are not protected by the law.”

He said the law-makers have critical roles to play in the fight against corruption and abuse of office, noting that the Anti-Corruption Academy had earlier organised capacity building workshops for members of the academic community from the Nation’s Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Universities.

In his remarks, the Provost of the Anti-Corruption Academy, Professor Sola Akinrinade described as unfavourable the public perception of happenings at the highest levels of government and administration in the country, saying it has become incumbent on all citizens to join in the crusade against corruption.

“Legislators have direct responsibility to ensure that other arms of government and the public service embrace the values of probity, accountability, and integrity in public sector life,” he said.

“Democracy is not about freedom to do anything you want right or wrong; it is about doing the right thing, the right way at all times,” he added.

The Speaker of the Plateau state House of Assembly, Hon Peter Agang Azi said the workshop was timely as corruption has eaten deep into the fabrics of the country’s socio-political and economic development.

He assured that legislators in Plateau would key into the fight against corruption to enable the present administration implement programmes that would have direct and immediate impacts on the lives of the citizenry.

http://thenationonlineng.net/icpc-set-to-put-social-media-on-watchlist-says-chairman/
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
any convict yet?
My blog contains Buhari, I hope it won't be a witch hunt against those that mention Buhari's Name. Nigerians knows how to impress someone that never requested for such.

My blog doesn't give me anything only to take my time and money and also the life of my phone and PC.

They are welcomed to probe me.

http://buharimonitor..com

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by DaBullIT(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hehehehe

Bloggers don pick race
grin grin grin

I hope they start from all those alabiafraud forums and each website owned controlled by Kalu

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by tochukwuifeduba: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
i'm sure i will ne the next victim grin grin grin grin

But i will never keep quiet the worst i will be arrested tourtured and jailed grin grin

We must rescue Nigeria from Dictator ism

mean while visit my blog where i attack the system

https://www.blogger.com/home

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by aderonkedeborah(f): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
k
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by hotswagg12: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Okay
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Firefire(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Buhari is back

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by BlackPeni5: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Buhari and his anti media policy have come again...So they have forgotten how they peddled lies propaganda in the social media during the campaign.

We must continue to speak freely...its left for the agencies to filter gossip from actual petitions but they cannot stop us from gossiping.

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by bloodkiIler: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
welcome to 1984 cheesy

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by 9jii(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Some Bloggers are just rumours mongers and lies peddlers.

Now days people don't even respect God in the name Freedom of speech. Talkless of mere politicians and others.

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by LMAyedun(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Someone should plsss tell Buhari that this is 2015 and not 1984.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by ladyF(f): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bloody idiots!!! The real corrupt people, the politicians are the ones you should be going after. This is really annoying, how will he use his mouth to say this?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Hawlahscho(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

So, Seun has known that this would happen shocked

So, I can be arrested for anything I say online shocked

So, Freedom of speech is now a trap when the freedom after the speech is no more guaranteed. shocked

So, policeman will now be assigned to each website. shocked Lol

Hian! It's high time I registered new fake accounts for expressing myself freely online.

Anyway, let me start cautioning myself from now. lipsrsealed

Wait o..... shocked It's LadyF that's above me shocked
why should she be on top me na when she knows I don't like that STYLE wink

Come-on, bend down my friend. cool

21 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by TechWalker007: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
When we warned that there will be no freedom of speech under Buhari, some said it was blackmail and character assassinations.
It's just 3 months, the same social media and bloggers he used to get to power are now awash with "malicious petitions and mudslinging"

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by themharcqk(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
So what now, we shouldn't write again? This is a way to guarantee freedom of speech but the freedom after?! #democraticDictatorship.

Wait oo!! If we bloggers post sh*t bout them then we go n get prosecuted? How bout the newspapers and tv houses, do they get prosecution too for writing petitions?

8 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Greenbullet(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
No more freedom of expression

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by TheNextAce: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Gehn gehn.... Action film
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by damiloladuke: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
nothing dey happen

ARE YOU A MUSIC ARTISTE OR A BLOGGER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by hola106(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Gud for dem
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by allawizzow(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by misreal(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by atlwireles: 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
So the current government hates whistle blowers and social media activists? By the way where is captain Koli? angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Just as it is in foreign nations. Hahahaha at non-established bloggers making money via spreading lies, una own don finish.
Established bloggers've nothing to fear as most of them include disclaimers after articles, most established bloggers even recieve money from the government as a form of public relations. Na the hungry Nduka on the street wanting to become the next Linda Ikeji go feel am pass cos he's their next victim.

Nairaland go feel am too based on heavy censorship in the coming months. The children of hate always writing vitriol shall have their wings clipped.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Good. Their activities should be checked , many of these guys mislead the public and feed gullible ones with lies and misinformation

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by dictbennie(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
The DICTATOR is back!!! Nigerians go hear am for this 4 years..

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by flokii: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Aunty LINDA ti daran... grin

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by AK481(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bubu

1 Like

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by boman2014: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
thank God
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by flokii: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
ladyF:
Bloody idiots!!! The real corrupt people, the politicians are the ones you should be going after. This is really annoying, how will he use his mouth to say this?

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

LadyF take a chill pill...

No go get hypertension at ur young age o..
Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by free2ryhme: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
People they can see face to face having corrupt charges against them they've not prosecuted better still jail, it is the internet and social media they want to carrying on their head.

Na pry school children dey advise these ICPC

14 Likes

Re: ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists by exlinkleads(f): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
nnnnn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Traces Origin Of Nigerian Insecurity To 1966 Massacre / Former President Jonathan To Commission Kashimbilla Dam, Airport / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.