Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407937 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 4:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Damoxy(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2017
jboixxx:

Your HDD partitioning format (MBR/GPT) is likely conflicting with the BIOS. Check dt.
How will I do that
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by wane01(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
computerboy:

Compiled by Computerboy

DOWNLOAD LINK

OFFICIAL WINDOWS 10 CREATORS UPDATE
(Visit with a non Windows device to get the link)
the hp 15 i bought auto upgraded itself while i had large internet data ... after the upgrade the start menu and system apps have stopped working .... having google it i have to re-upgrade it cuz some files might have been corrupted and now i longer have a large data balance.......
buh from what i saw i think its a general complain from many users nd besides i havent seen much new stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by wane01(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
the hp 15 i bought auto upgraded itself while i had large internet data ... after the upgrade the start menu and system apps have stopped working .... having google it i have to re-upgrade it cuz some files might have been corrupted and now i longer have a large data balance.......
buh from what i saw i think its a general complain from many users nd besides i havent seen much new stuff
who knows any offline remedy to solve it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Androidking: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
wane01:
who knows any offline remedy to solve it

If ur system is not malfunctioning before the upgrade . den unustall dem .

Or u go to system protection and pick a restore point .

Seriously not all updates are. Necessary if I update my windows defender all the time am good .

If my PC get issue I resolve it . if I need latest version of apps or is I prefer offline download .

I really don't know what is wrong with Microsoft . I think they are testing something and they are checking d feedbacks and complain .let's give them enough time befor updating windows again .

(My personal opinion anyway)
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
Cc: Computerboy, androidking, udemzyudex
Please I have this video tdr failure atikmdag.sys on windows 10.
It's crippling me.
Comes up any time, even when just browsing and restarts the system.

Tried some solutions I saw online but nothing yet.
System is a HP 255 G6 E2-9000e AMD.
Please help me.
Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
DrObum:
Cc: Computerboy, androidking, udemzyudex Please I have this video tdr failure atikmdag.sys on windows 10. It's crippling me. Comes up any time, even when just browsing and restarts the system.
Tried some solutions I saw online but nothing yet. System is a HP 255 G6 E2-9000e AMD. Please help me. Thanks
Pls upload a pic
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 11:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
udemzyudex:

Pls upload a pic

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
udemzyudex:

Pls upload a pic
Gives me that BSOD
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2017
DrObum:

Gives me that BSOD

If you still have recovery on it, restore your pc, if not reload the operating system.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2017
udemzyudex:

Pls upload a pic

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 12:13am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=DrObum post=62900169][/quote]
Windows 8?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 12:20am On Dec 02, 2017
udemzyudex:

Windows 8?
Windows 10
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 12:21am On Dec 02, 2017
udemzyudex:

If you still have recovery on it, restore your pc, if not reload the operating system.
Thanks man
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=DrObum post=62900047][/quote]
Did you just install a new program, a piece of hardware, update a driver, install a Windows update, or any kind of change? If so, there's a very good chance that the change you made caused the BSOD.
If you are able to start it up in Safe Mode, then revert the changes made, or use Startup in Last known good configuration or System Restore.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2017
jboixxx:

Did you just install a new program, a piece of hardware, update a driver, install a Windows update, or any kind of change? If so, there's a very good chance that the change you made caused the BSOD.
If you are able to start it up in Safe Mode, then revert the changes made, or use Startup in Last known good configuration or System Restore.
Yes, I did update a driver.
Thanks man
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
DrObum:

Yes, I did update a driver.
Thanks man
Ok. Now resolved?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
jboixxx:

Ok. Now resolved?
not yet oooo
Tried everything, just watching it for now
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
DrObum:

not yet oooo
Tried everything, just watching it for now
Sorry for the inconvenience. Just been able to read your second screenshot from the system.
Try this step below and give us the feedback.

Power ON and OFF your PC 3x in order to enter Automatic Repair mode for diagnosis options. A StartUp Repair screen should come up with a tab of "Advanced Option", click the Advanced To get you to the Recovery Environment. Select Troubleshoot, then, Advanced Option > StartUp Settings > Restart.

After the Restart, select Safe Mode from the screen. The PC will start in Safe Mode, go to Device Manager (Window logo +R > devmgmt.msc or search for device manager via the cortana) and expand the Display Adapters, right click on the hardware (I believe it should be AMD ***), then Uninstall > OK > Restart to Normal Mode >

1) search for the correct driver of the adapter either via your Intel or HP site.

OR

2) If you haven't done a Clean Format before, you should have your HP Recovery Manager intact, search for and launch it, go to Drivers and Applications Reinstall tab, select the "Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver" and the corresponding driver for your display adapter.

Hope you wouldn't mind the long write-up. Try it and let's see.

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
jboixxx:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just been able to read your second screenshot from the system.

Power ON and OFF your PC 3x in order to enter Automatic Repair mode for diagnosis options. A StartUp Repair screen should come up with a tab of "Advanced Option", click the Advanced To get you to the Recovery Environment. Select Troubleshoot, then, Advanced Option > StartUp Settings > Restart.

After the Restart, select Safe Mode from the screen. The PC will start in Safe Mode, go to Device Manager (Window logo +R > devmgmt.msc or search for device manager via the cortana) and expand the Display Adapters, right click on the hardware (I believe it should be AMD ***), then Uninstall > OK > Restart to Normal Mode >

1) search for the correct driver of the adapter either via your Intel or HP site.

OR

2) If you haven't done a Clean Format before, you should have your HP Recovery Manager intact, search for and launch it, go to Drivers and Applications Reinstall tab, select the "Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver" and the corresponding driver for your display adapter.

Thank you so much bro.
Done exactly that.
Using it to see if that happens again.
Would get back to you some while later.
Thank you
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Megadon109(m): 2:30am On Dec 03, 2017
My Lenovo Thinkpad L530 is giving me headache , when I want to input my password, the keyboard enters different characters from what is on the keyboard, for example, the number 1 turns to !, 2 turns to "... Also the left shift key does not work with the ZXC... line on the keyboard. I have tried several external keyboard and it still gives me the same problem. After trying for some time, it will start working normally and then repeat itself. Pls how can I resolve this issue? I've also attached a screenshot to show you what pop up each time I turn on the system. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
jboixxx:

OR

Hello bro,
Tried this solution, however had that BSOD again now.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Megadon109:
My Lenovo Thinkpad L530 is giving me headache , when I want to input my password, the keyboard enters different characters from what is on the keyboard, for example, the number 1 turns to !, 2 turns to "... Also the left shift key does not work with the ZXC... line on the keyboard. I have tried several external keyboard and it still gives me the same problem. After trying for some time, it will start working normally and then repeat itself. Pls how can I resolve this issue? I've also attached a screenshot to show you what pop up each time I turn on the system. Thanks

from your screenshot, Out of your 2 "shift" keys, one is bad. you'll have to change your keyboard
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
computerboy:

from your screenshot, Out of your 2 "shift" keys, one is bad. you'll have to change your keyboard
My fear is he's experiencing same issue with external keyboard.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
DrObum:

Hello bro,
Tried this solution, however had that BSOD again now.

Same Error message? Were you able to successfully rolled back the driver installation or you installed via the Recovery Manager?

Try system restore from Safe Mode to select a restore point that precedes the driver update, else, you'll have to go for Windows Reinstall, NOT reset.

cc: computerboy and androidking, any alternative solution? I think there's a command line solution to this but I can't figure it out.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrObum(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
jboixxx:

Same Error message? Were you able to successfully rolled back the driver installation or you installed via the Recovery Manager?

Try system restore from Safe Mode to select a restore point that precedes the driver update, else, you'll have to go for Windows Reinstall, NOT reset.

cc: computerboy and androidking, any alternative solution? I think there's a command line solution to this but I can't figure it out.
Yeah, same error message.
I've not been able to roll back the driver. Didn't create a restore point as the system is barely 10 days old.
I've even reinstalled windows 10 but that didn't solve the problem.
It's really frustrating.
Thanks though
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
DrObum:

Yeah, same error message.
I've not been able to roll back the driver. Didn't create a restore point as the system is barely 10 days old.
I've even reinstalled windows 10 but that didn't solve the problem.
It's really frustrating.
Thanks though
Ok. Sorry for the troubles. If you don't have any data to lose, do a system reset (if the system is Out-of-the-Box), if this doesn't fix it, then you need a technician/engr to fix it, else, nuke the HDD and do a clean Windows installation.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
jboixxx:

My fear is he's experiencing same issue with external keyboard.

That's because his internal keyboard is still connected. Let him disconnect it and try external keyboard you'll see it'll be normal. The screenshot shows the shift key is pressing itself
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
jboixxx:

He needs no command line. The error mentioned video so it's probably his graphics card. I guess he installed an incompatible driver. Solution is to format and install the latest graphics driver or if this issue was caused by the latest then he install an older driver. Driver must be downloaded from HP website and it must be for his particular model.

If he doesn't want to format, he can download DDU and use it to uninstall the graphics driver then install a new one. If this doesn't work then its a hardware problem
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
computerboy:

He needs no command line. The error mentioned video so it's probably his graphics card. I guess he installed an incompatible driver. Solution is to format and install the latest graphics driver or if this issue was caused by the latest then he install an older driver. Driver must be downloaded from HP website and it must be for his particular model.

If he doesn't want to format, he can download DDU and use it to uninstall the graphics driver then install a new one. If this doesn't work then its a hardware problem
Yes, it was after installation of a driver. I personally don't like clean/full formatting, that's y I made mention of using a command line to uninstall the driver as he doesn't have a restore point and he's reinstalled windows, still no solution. You've given an alternative-DDU.

Drobum
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
jboixxx:

Yes, it was after installation of a driver. I personally don't like clean/full formatting, that's y I made mention of using a command line to uninstall the driver as he doesn't have a restore point and he's reinstalled windows, still no solution. You've given an alternative-DDU.

Drobum

You're doing a great job bro
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by maxkenny: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
computerboy...pls advice me how i can update my intel HDD 3000 to 4200, i tried it many a time using device manager, i use both intel HDD 3000 and NVIDIA Geforce GT 325M. I observed i cant update most of the drivers perhaps i disabled them to reduce battery drain? what can i do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.