Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,169 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (403846 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2018
krisllins:
My PC which runs on windows 10 updated automatically to the latest version.Since then the battery doesn't last, and it doesn't notify me before it shuts down. What are the likely solutions to this problem

check the display driver if it installed as well. An easy way is to check if your screen brightness works. if the driver is installed then it's your battery that died coincidentally with your windows update.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Oladayopop(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2018
How much will I get a HP 8460p HP-12...a double cell battery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by miqos02(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2018
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2018
computerboy:

check the display driver if it installed as well. An easy way is to check if your screen brightness works. if the driver is installed then it's your battery that died coincidentally with your windows update.

Hello.. Can you please be of help? I'm using elitebook 8440p and just recently, I changed the motherboard and everything is working fine except the lid.

Whenever I close the lid, the system shuts down immediately. I've gone to settings, set it to DO NOTHING but it still doesn't fix the problem. What could be the problem? It keeps shutting down whenever the kid close.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
HenryDion:

Hello.. Can you please be of help? I'm using elitebook 8440p and just recently, I changed the motherboard and everything is working fine except the lid.

Whenever I close the lid, the system shuts down immediately. I've gone to settings, set it to DO NOTHING but it still doesn't fix the problem. What could be the problem? It keeps shutting down whenever the kid close.

You mean it shut down or it just trip off
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
computerboy:

You mean it shut down or it just trip off

Tripping off and shutting down are the same thing I guess.. Am I wrong? All I know is that once the lid is closed, the system will power down.. It will off totally.. If you open the lid, you will have to press the power button and it will start the booting process, like it was shut down before.. Hope I'm not confusing myself.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
HenryDion:

Tripping off and shutting down are the same thing I guess.. Am I wrong? All I know is that once the lid is closed, the system will power down.. It will off totally.. If you open the lid, you will have to press the power button and it will start the booting process, like it was shut down before.. Hope I'm not confusing myself.

They're not the same. shutting down is a process the computer turns off safely while tripping off is very bad and can damage your OS or HDD.

Anyways i asked so I'll know if it's from a setting in your windows, but its not. It's a hardware fault which I'll advise you take to a technician for proper troubleshooting
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2018
computerboy:

They're not the same. shutting down is a process the computer turns off safely while tripping off is very bad and can damage your OS or HDD.

Anyways i asked so I'll know if it's from a setting in your windows, but its not. It's a hardware fault which I'll advise you take to a technician for proper troubleshooting

Okay.. Thanks so much
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good day, I have a challenge concerning Anaconda.

I chose to uninstall the software since I wasn't going to use it anytime soon in learning Python and the moment I uninstalled it, everything on my system was wiped clean upon reboot, so devastated right now because I only wanted to uninstall the software and not clean out my system. I need to know if I can get back my things. Thank You.

Cc computerboy

Modified
The issue has been resolved and all files recovered fully.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Mrng guys and happy Sunday to y'all.
I am urgently in need of help from u guys, my system runs into VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR everytime I;
1. connect a charger or disconnect a charger
2. connect or disconnect hdmi cable
only noticeable one for now

i jst got a new ba3 tho, bcoz of this, i was forced to return it, but to my surprise, i am now experiencing dis same problem while im using the already damaged ba3.
This is getting more frustrating guys, kindly help on how to get this fix
specs
Sony laptop
Wondows 10 N Pro 1803 builds

Thanks in addy
Kindly pardon my grammar
07039318606 via whatsapp

thanks once more
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
stephinnoyewole:
Mrng guys and happy Sunday to y'all.
I am urgently in need of help from u guys, my system runs into VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR everytime I;
1. connect a charger or disconnect a charger
2. connect or disconnect hdmi cable
only noticeable one for now

i jst got a new ba3 tho, bcoz of this, i was forced to return it, but to my surprise, i am now experiencing dis same problem while im using the already damaged ba3.
This is getting more frustrating guys, kindly help on how to get this fix
specs
Sony laptop
Wondows 10 N Pro 1803 builds

Thanks in addy
Kindly pardon my grammar
07039318606 via whatsapp

thanks once more

Anything with "video" in error code should be connected to display driver. I see you're equally using latest windows 10 spring creators update. It's already known to cause conflict with many display drivers.

Solution is to update your display driver either through windows update or device manager. Or you go back to windows 10 fall creators update
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Swift001(m): 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
Evening, can someone direct me to where I can buy the windows 10 OS April Update(CD).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Adeshowxxx: 11:55am On Aug 10, 2018
Computerboy, please, my new hp pro 3520 All-in-one PC doesn't do post beep, fine spins fine and no led indicator blinks neither does the keyboard led lights. Ive opened it up, checked and reseat all components but all to no avail. What can be done? It's a new system, out-of-the-box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Adeshowxxx:
Computerboy, please, my new hp pro 3520 All-in-one PC doesn't do post beep, fine spins fine and no led indicator blinks neither does the keyboard led lights. Ive opened it up, checked and reseat all components but all to no avail. What can be done? It's a new system, out-of-the-box.

What is the problem? it doesn't turn on at all?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Adeshowxxx: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
computerboy:

What is the problem? it doesn't turn on at all?
It powers ON but no sign of working except fan spinning. All other other possible indication of working system is zero...no sound, no display, no keyboard led, no HDD led, led mouse remain off.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by IRODANOSA(m): 4:18am On Aug 11, 2018
Good day sir, my windows 10 start menu has stopped responding again, and I don't want to reset my pc again. This is because I dual-booted my windows 10 with Ubuntu 16.04 earlier this year. I do not want it to corrupt my grub bootloader and prevent me from assessing few of my files in my Linux partition. Please, can you help me find a proper solution to this start menu issue, without resetting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:29am On Aug 11, 2018
Adeshowxxx:

It powers ON but no sign of working except fan spinning. All other other possible indication of working system is zero...no sound, no display, no keyboard led, no HDD led, led mouse remain off.

meet a technician for proper troubleshooting
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:30am On Aug 11, 2018
IRODANOSA:
Good day sir, my windows 10 start menu has stopped responding again, and I don't want to reset my pc again. This is because I dual-booted my windows 10 with Ubuntu 16.04 earlier this year. I do not want it to corrupt my grub bootloader and prevent me from assessing few of my files in my Linux partition. Please, can you help me find a proper solution to this start menu issue, without resetting?

upgrade your windows 10 build to the latest
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Adeshowxxx: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2018
computerboy:

meet a technician for proper troubleshooting
Aiit. Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by stephinnoyewole(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
computerboy:

Anything with "video" in error code should be connected to display driver. I see you're equally using latest windows 10 spring creators update. It's already known to cause conflict with many display drivers.

Solution is to update your display driver either through windows update or device manager. Or you go back to windows 10 fall creators update
thanks so much i'm very grateful, i'm gonna try the update as uve said.
sorry for late response
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by stephinnoyewole(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
Razak5:

HELLO.
so, what they are going to do is to replace the cells in the battery...They are literally going to open it, bring out the bad cells then put in good ones (not new ones). Now after they're done they calliberate the battery to be sure the right voltage is whats coming out of the terminals...

70% of the time, it does work.

Be sure to test before payment...dont expect 2hrs. except maybe you want to be staring at your laptop all day grin

The other side is that it might not work. So you're forced to go get another battery...

Also the duration reduces sharply over time.
Apparently the only advantage is that you're spending about 1/4 the cost of getting a new battery.

But imagine reconstructing your battery like twice in 1 year and 6 moths, then the cost suddenly increases by 1/2 the cost of the new battery!!
So I'm even struggling to see the advantage too grin undecided

Another thing is if your situation is urgent, like really really urgent, then you can go for this temporary fix pending the time the cash for a new battery surfaces.

Finally,be sure that whoever is doing this knows what they are doing

Finally,finally grin Manage your expectations.

*cheers*
I've made some findings and found out my windows(latest win10 spring updates) is causing the conflict with my nvidia graphics card.
whenever i disabled my Nvidia graphics, everything will be working fine
Thanks bro
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Donkunxex(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello
anyone
how do I change the os of my laptop from Windows 10 home edition to Windows 10 creators edition ?
I need to install adobe xd and this is the requirement please.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Meklex(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
My windows 10 takes long to load programs. How can I make it faster?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Eleniyan15: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Please what can be done angry angry angry angry angry

computerboy

Thanks

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by moonraker(m): 3:36am On Aug 17, 2018
Eleniyan15:
Please what can be done angry angry angry angry angry

computerboy

Thanks

How did you activate your windows?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by moonraker(m): 3:39am On Aug 17, 2018
Donkunxex:
Hello
anyone
how do I change the os of my laptop from Windows 10 home edition to Windows 10 creators edition ?
I need to install adobe xd and this is the requirement please.

Lol are you for real??

Who told you that?

To the best of my knowledge, you do not require creators version to install

adobe.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Eleniyan15: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2018
moonraker:

How did you activate your windows?

That was how it was bought,sir
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Rexnegro(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
computerboy:

Compiled by Computerboy

DOWNLOAD LINK

OFFICIAL WINDOWS 10 SPRING CREATORS UPDATE
(Visit with a non Windows device to get the link)
good afternoon bro, please my own pc problem is, just yesterday evening I inserted my SD card into my fone which is usb connected to my pc , I needed space on the SD card so want to format the SD card but I wrongly formatted my partitioned hard drive D , have alot that I dont want to lose there. no back up for them. so my question is please is it possible I recover of all them back ...if yes please how do I go about it. PLEASE HELP don't want to lose those files at all please. the plan was to back up those files immediately I get my external hard drive. PLEASE HELP

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.