Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407960 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Obinnio: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
computerboy:

Well it requires some registry modifications. Hope you're savvy enough

Not yet
finally installed the windows 10 bro but this time pro edition not home, but guys this is making me go gaga, please help, my internet is not connecting, I've gone through solutions online and saw the same complain but they either complain of ethernet or Wifi, mine is broadband modem oh, please someone help cos it is making me go crazy,how can I use system with no internet, pls someone should help,modem software comes up when plugged but it is not connecting at all, note I don't have any anti virus that the firewall will be blocking it and I have done all the driving
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
Obinnio:
finally installed the windows 10 bro but this time pro edition not home, but guys this is making me go gaga, please help, my internet is not connecting, I've gone through solutions online and saw the same complain but they either complain of ethernet or Wifi, mine is broadband modem oh, please someone help cos it is making me go crazy,how can I use system with no internet, pls someone should help,modem software comes up when plugged but it is not connecting at all, note I don't have any anti virus that the firewall will be blocking it and I have done all the driving
How do u mean Internet isn't connecting?
What's the error message
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Obinnio: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
computerboy:

How do u mean Internet isn't connecting?
What's the error message
modem not connecting bro and network bar with red asteris ie * in system network in system network indication bar meaning not connected, when I click on connect in modem software it will not even show connecting,it will just show disconnected,
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
Obinnio:
modem not connecting bro and network bar with red asteris ie * in system network in system network indication bar meaning not connected, when I click on connect in modem software it will not even show connecting,it will just show disconnected,

Have you checked if WiFi drivers are installed?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Obinnio: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Have you checked if WiFi drivers are installed?
wifi installed correctly and I will re install again
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Obinnio:

This kind of problem is rare. Try discharging your capacitors by removing your battery and power cable then press and hold power button for at least 2 minutes
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2015
Hi guru's in the house.. I need your help

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
gorgeousnogo:
Hi guru's in the house.. I need your help

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks

Probably caused by either malware attack or unnecessary add-on installed in the browsers.
I suggest you update your windows defender and do a full scan
Then download smadav and do a registry scan too.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gorgeousnogo(f): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
computerboy:

Probably caused by either malware attack or unnecessary add-on installed in the browsers.
I suggest you update your windows defender and do a full scan
Then download smadav and do a registry scan too.

i have both and the problem is still there... my windows is updated... and my smadav is also there.... They are not helping
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
gorgeousnogo:

i have both and the problem is still there... my windows is updated... and my smadav is also there.... They are not helping

What I mean is, go to windows defender, click on "update" tab and update your virus definitions then perform a full scan. It will take time but hopefully it will solve your issue
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2015
gorgeousnogo:

i dnt think it has anything to do with virus or antivirus software, lets start with knowing the size of ur systems ram? low ram causes a pc to freeze, and one of its symptoms is that it shows not responding at the top of ur browser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gorgeousnogo(f): 1:09am On Sep 24, 2015
prettyboi1989:

i dnt think it has anything to do with virus or antivirus software, lets start with knowing the size of ur systems ram? low ram causes a pc to freeze, and one of its symptoms is that it shows not responding at the top of ur browser.
well .. i have decided to delete everything and format. .. Thanks for your time and help
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by spacyzuma(m): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hi computerboy.

My PC is Windows8.1 (Home). I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon, but when I do, I need Windows10 Pro. I know there's no direct upgrade path linking the two.

What would you do? Upgrade to Win8.1Pro first before updating to Win10Pro? OR update to Win10Home and then upgrade to Win10Pro?

Cheers.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
spacyzuma:
Hi computerboy.

My PC is Windows8.1 (Home). I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon, but when I do, I need Windows10 Pro. I know there's no direct upgrade path linking the two.

What would you do? Upgrade to Win8.1Pro first before updating to Win10Pro? OR update to Win10Home and then upgrade to Win10Pro?

Cheers.

What I actually did is dual booting my laptop because windows 10 is new and is expected to have issues. If your laptop has enough space, you can dual boot with windows 10 pro and still have your windows 8.1 home.
This link here will guide you
http://www.winbeta.org/news/dual-boot-windows-10-windows-8-1-7
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by spacyzuma(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
computerboy:

What I actually did is dual booting my laptop because windows 10 is new and is expected to have issues. If your laptop has enough space, you can dual boot with windows 10 pro and still have your windows 8.1 home.
This link here will guide you
http://www.winbeta.org/news/dual-boot-windows-10-windows-8-1-7

I did that months ago, with Win10 Insider Preview, on my old laptop.
At a point, I was triple booting Win8.1, Ubuntu, an Win10Dev.
I've already used enough of the preview to know what to expect with Win10Pro. I just wanted to know your opinion/advice.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
spacyzuma:

I did that months ago, with Win10 Insider Preview, on my old laptop.
At a point, I was triple booting Win8.1, Ubuntu, an Win10Dev.
I've already used enough of the preview to know what to expect with Win10Pro. I just wanted to know your opinion/advice.

The best is always to run a clean install but in a case where you don't have a drive to back up your files, I'll suggest you first upgrade to 8.1 pro then to 10

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by spacyzuma(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
computerboy:

The best is always to run a clean install but in a case where you don't have a drive to back up your files, I'll suggest you first upgrade to 8.1 pro then to 10
Cool. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Areaboyfriend(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
I noticed that my start menu and notification menu are unresponsive. Also, I am unable to connect to the Internet few weeks after upgrade to Windows 10.
I have tried Google and found out that a whole lot areyalso experiencing same issue.
Any fix u know of?
Please!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
Areaboyfriend:
I noticed that my start menu and notification menu are unresponsive. Also, I am unable to connect to the Internet few weeks after upgrade to Windows 10.
I have tried Google and found out that a whole lot areyalso experiencing same issue.
Any fix u know of?
Please!

Happened to my Sons laptop. What I did initially was look into device manager, no missing drivers found. I then tried to repair the Intel WiFi drivers, still did not work. I deleted the wifi drivers and reinstalled, still did not work.
I finally did a troubleshoot through the wifi connection tab, it finally came back to life.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Happened to my Sons laptop. What I did initially was look into device manager, no missing drivers found. I then tried to repair the Intel WiFi drivers, still did not work. I deleted the wifi drivers and reinstalled, still did not work.
I finally did a troubleshoot through the wifi connection tab, it finally came back to life.
I would try this too. Although mine connects to WiFi but not to LAN
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by babankaduna(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
I upgraded to windows 10, bt I cnt connect my z30 hotspot bt wen am using windows 8.1 I used to connect it successful. pls did u hv any solution to dt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Timmy4eva: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pls hw do I install netframe work 3.5 on windows 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Leward(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op, you seem like as n engineer, pls help, my system is returning electricity back to the charger and not turning on, I've given it to someone to fix but he couldn't, he even took it to Lagos according to him, all to no avail, pls help, what can I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
Leward:
Op, you seem like as n engineer, pls help, my system is returning electricity back to the charger and not turning on, I've given it to someone to fix but he couldn't, he even took it to Lagos according to him, all to no avail, pls help, what can I do?

Obviously it's a hardware problem and I can't help you online unless you base in the north. Take it to a certified repairer, it's power problem.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by kaycodes: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
Good topic, but without taking anything from Microsoft, Windows 10 is crap.

Microsoft's attempt at developing a closed system will just not work.

Myself and my colleagues actually made it a point of note to upgrade on the very first day it was released.

I allowed Microsoft do the update as my system was using genuine Windows. Everything was perfect until a few days
When I couldn't save files in my document folder anymore. Yeah I took ownership and then I could save the files, but I
Was pissed because if Microsoft expected me to start changing everything on my OS just to use it, i'd rather go back to 7.

I upgraded to windows 7 after ten 10 days of using windows 10. Microsoft needs to get things right.

Personallu Microsoft should just release a seperate OS for touch enabled PC etc, while the UI was really sweet, the bugs, compatibility issues and infringement on personal privacy just makes it a really big miss. If they continue like this, I just might be tempted to finally switch to Mac. OSX

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
kaycodes:
Good topic, but without taking anything from Microsoft, Windows 10 is crap.

Microsoft's attempt at developing a closed system will just not work.

Myself and my colleagues actually made it a point of note to upgrade on the very first day it was released.

I allowed Microsoft do the update as my system was using genuine Windows. Everything was perfect until a few days
When I couldn't save files in my document folder anymore. Yeah I took ownership and then I could save the files, but I
Was pissed because if Microsoft expected me to start changing everything on my OS just to use it, i'd rather go back to 7.

I upgraded to windows 7 after ten 10 days of using windows 10. Microsoft needs to get things right.

Personallu Microsoft should just release a seperate OS for touch enabled PC etc, while the UI was really sweet, the bugs, compatibility issues and infringement on personal privacy just makes it a really big miss. If they continue like this, I just might be tempted to finally switch to Mac. OSX

Simply download destroy windows 10 spying and apply. It would restore your privacy back and hopefully you would start enjoying windows 10, for the upgrade it really is!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by gorgeousnogo(f): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
prettyboi1989:

if i'm downloading movies with my system after few minutes it will cut and sometimes the modem will cut with it..... please help me
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
gorgeousnogo:
if i'm downloading movies with my system after few minutes it will cut and sometimes the modem will cut with it..... please help me
what do u mean by cut? u mean d system hangs or it shuts down on its own?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by kaycodes: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Simply download destroy windows 10 spying and apply. It would restore your privacy back and hopefully you would start enjoying windows 10, for the upgrade it really is!!!!

If I have to download third party apps to use an OS, then my friend that's not an upgrade, Microsoft goofed on this one.

Maybe when they finally fix the issues they have, we can call it an upgrade. Again, the only thing that was upgraded was the UI, in terms of functionality, please they have work to do, before you can call Windows 10 an upgrade. I don't know what or how long you use your system, but if you use it like I do, then you need a PC that actually performs at 90% efficiency, and that includes a top tier OS, on extreme Hardware. and did I mention that Windows 10 was giving low memory error, on 6GB RAM

Please upgrade to Windows 7, and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by kaycodes: 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
prettyboi1989:

what do u mean by cut? u mean d system hangs or it shuts down on its own?

O boy, me sef they wonder ni cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
gorgeousnogo:
or do u mean d download gets interrupted or gets cancelled or d modem connection gets lost while downloadn?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
kaycodes:

If I have to download third party apps to use an OS, then my friend that's not an upgrade, Microsoft goofed on this one.

Maybe when they finally fix the issues they have, we can call it an upgrade. Again, the only thing that was upgraded was the UI, in terms of functionality, please they have work to do, before you can call Windows 10 an upgrade. I don't know what or how long you use your system, but if you use it like I do, then you need a PC that actually performs at 90% efficiency, and that includes a top tier OS, on extreme Hardware. and did I mention that Windows 10 was giving low memory error, on 6GB RAM

Please upgrade to Windows 7, and have peace of mind.

In my personal summation. Windows 10 is an upgrade. I migrated from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded without any issues.
Windows 8.1 was a failure, but Windows 10, a definate upgrade !!!
This new OS is a work in progress and a few patches here and there, should eventually clear all teething issues.
Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 is a downgrade, but Windows 7 to Windows 10 is an UPGRADE !!!!
NB: Used destroy windows 10 spying to enhance my privacy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.