Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:09 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (403823 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by todto: 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
pls folks, I just noticed that my laptop usually turns off by itself and since yesterday it doesn't power until I plug it on power. And it stays dormant at 72% without going forward or backward. I am really cofused. pls help
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Morcash01:

You need to install another key using the kmspico. Your windows key is rejecting the activation process, so install another key with kmspica and it will surely activates for life.
I tried using Microsoft toolkit. This is what it's showing

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Geebanks(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good morning my Elitebook 8460p comes on but refused to display anything, I have 6gb ram(2 and 4)..ive removed one and interchanged and done all that.. I've tested my hardrive in anoda system it's working fine... Dunno what to do again tho I've not seen anoda ram entirely to test it... Anybody has an idea of what I can do?
Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Computer gurus please what's the meaning? I tried to activate the windows through command prompt.

I've tried almost everything but it's always showing this

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
Igbosmoker:
I tried using Microsoft toolkit. This is what it's showing

Be careful with the way you are downloading apps to avoid virus's
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
wiconse:

no sir. please give me the step

Sorry for replying late . I have been busy lately.

Insert your CD with the prefer windows into your laptop.
Then off your laptop.
Put it on again and press F9 continuously to go to boot option , u can try F10 if that latter one did not work
Then select External USB/CD
Then press any key

I think you will be able to continue from there

note u will get to a place u will be given two options upgrade or customize(format).
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Geebanks:
Good morning my Elitebook 8460p comes on but refused to display anything, I have 6gb ram(2 and 4)..ive removed one and interchanged and done all that.. I've tested my hardrive in anoda system it's working fine... Dunno what to do again tho I've not seen anoda ram entirely to test it... Anybody has an idea of what I can do?
Thanks

Does the caps lock brings light? when u press it.
Try cleaning the ram or try another ram.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
todto:
pls folks, I just noticed that my laptop usually turns off by itself and since yesterday it doesn't power until I plug it on power. And it stays dormant at 72% without going forward or backward. I am really cofused. pls help

Remove your battery if it removable.
Press the power button the laptop for 30seconds.
Then
Put the battery back.

this is a sign that your battery has start failing.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Vasgas:

Remove your battery if it removable.
Press the power button the laptop for 30seconds.
Then
Put the battery back.

this is a sign that your battery has start failing.

The 30 sec trick won't work on this type of situation.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
todto:

Remove the battery,and connect only the charger , power it on to confirm if it will power on .

Concerning the battery percentage issue fault can be from the battery or motherboard.

First you need to confirm with another battery ,if the problem is still there then you see a laptop technician for repair.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Geebanks:
Thanks

Change processor and see.

The 2 RAM can't be faulty at the same time.

If problem persist,see a laptop technician.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Computer gurus please what's the meaning? I tried to activate the windows through command prompt.

I've tried almost everything but it's always showing this
Use another method,try getting an activator online.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by YouloveEmmanuel: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
Check out Emmanuel Anosike (@EUAKCH): https://twitter.com/EUAKCH?s=09. FOR QUALITY TECH REVIEWS, PRICES, PROS & CONS, NEWS AND LASTEST SMARTPHONES.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Geebanks(m): 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
Vasgas:

Does the caps lock brings light? when u press it.
Try cleaning the ram or try another ram.
yes it brings light
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Phemysam19(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Hello boss in the house, pls I have a severe Malware battling with my 2nd hand PC and making my chrome browser which I often used to slow down when loading pages. It keeps saying WAITING FOR PAGE TO BE RESPONSIVE. I know that this was actually my fault for downloading antivirus( bytefence & avast) late. The two antivirus after detecting the Malware keeps asking me to purchase a pro version or a licence key for the Malware removal.
I have tried other solutions I found on net which is clearing browser history, but it didn't work.
Pls guide me on what else I can do. And if the Last resort is to download a paid antivirus, pls recommend an efficient and affordable one I can get.
Thanks.

The images are below.

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by debaj10: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
todto:
pls folks, I just noticed that my laptop usually turns off by itself and since yesterday it doesn't power until I plug it on power. And it stays dormant at 72% without going forward or backward. I am reallqy cofused. pls help
1. unplug and test battery. if it failed to boot up, its fully discharged. ur Lt myt have a calibration issue due to new software or updates.

2. remove d battery & charger, press power button for 1 min. plug and reboot, WITHOUT BATTERY.
go to device manager. look for battery in d right hand panel, usually at d top of d list.
expand by double clicking. if there r 2 or more items, uninstall them. it's ok, they'll b reinstalled automatically.

3. stunt down, reconnect battery and plug to charge.
check indicator, to ensure charging.
when full, unplug and reboot, to test battery.

if it immediately shuts down or fails to power up, ur ba3 is bad.

but Google ba3 sensor recalibration, it myt help.
goodluck
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by debaj10: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Phemysam19:
Hello boss in the house, pls I have a severe Malware battling with my 2nd hand PC and making my chrome browser which I often used to slow down when loading pages. It keeps saying WAITING FOR PAGE TO BE RESPONSIVE. I know that this was actually my fault for downloading antivirus( bytefence & avast) late. The two antivirus after detecting the Malware keeps asking me to purchase a pro version or a licence key for the Malware removal.
I have tried other solutions I found on net which is clearing browser history, but it didn't work.
Pls guide me on what else I can do. And if the Last resort is to download a paid antivirus, pls recommend an efficient and affordable one I can get.
Thanks.

The images are below.
go to task manager and close all chrome processes.

use a different browser, cos chrome hugs too much RAM.

I tot avast is free?
I use it with opera. import all bookmarks, etc from chrome

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Phemysam19(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
debaj10:
go to task manager and close all chrome processes.

use a different browser, cos chrome hugs too much RAM.

I tot avast is free?
I use it with opera. import all bookmarks, etc from chrome

Thanks sir, I will try that and give you feedback.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by webaccountshelp: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
I am not able to access my account priyankasahu.hr@gmail.com and my recovery address daffodils_of_eden@yahoo.co.in isnt available to reset my password. Also the phone no. i do not have. reset windows 10 password. Can you help me with this.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Phemysam19(m): 4:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Vasgas:

Google KMS Activator. You'll find one to help you
activate windows; up to Windows 10 even. It also
activates for Microsoft Office Suite 2007-2016.
Just search.

Hello sir I also used the KMSpico to activate my ms office 2013 successfully, but I want to upgrade to 2016 I want to know if the KMSpico will still be able to solve the activation problem
without issues. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2020
Phemysam19:

Hello sir I also used the KMSpico to activate my ms office 2013 successfully, but I want to upgrade to 2016 I want to know if the KMSpico will still be able to solve the activation problem
without issues. Thanks.

Yes, it's latest version should do that.
Why updating?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Phemysam19(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Vasgas:

Yes, it's latest version should do that.
Why updating?

Just to get more features of the office products, but if they are not that different. I think it'll be better for me to enjoy the 2013 version for now. What do you think sir?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Vasgas: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Phemysam19:

Just to get more features of the office products, but if they are not that different. I think it'll be better for me to enjoy the 2013 version for now. What do you think sir?
I haven't use 2016 version before, check online and compare both. if d have similar features u can then take d next step

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Phemysam19(m): 9:25am On Apr 24, 2020
Vasgas:

I haven't use 2016 version before, check online and compare both. if d have similar features u can then take d next step
Ok, thank you sir.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Chidoy: 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
My laptop charger got burnt, When I bought charger, the laptops now does not recognise Ac power. If you plugged it ,the power indicator will not be on. The laptop can't on again because the battery is down.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bankalert(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
I just got this pc, fairly used Hp probook 430 G3 at GSM village in Abuja today. The guy gave me a warranty period of 7 days sha. On getting home, so far all worked well except the battery charging port. The laptop charges abnormally very fast i.e from 0 to 99% in about 30 mins, then it stops there saying "2 minutes to fully charged", but that 2 minutes extends to hours... I am yet to see the 100% fully charged. I havent told the seller yet.

I have been trying to find a way out of it. I have reset the battery driver, trobleshooted it, and it is still the same. I am thinking the battery is just bad and a replacement will solve the problem. Could there be more to this problem i am yet to realised? Should i return the system? I actually do like the laptop. The laptop was bought for programming.The guy is credible in my opinion having observed the way he handled the transaction and the level of confidence he exuded about his products.

Someone who has gone through this situation should please proffer a solution for me or his or her opinion about it.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chidoy:
My laptop charger got burnt, When I bought charger, the laptops now does not recognise Ac power. If you plugged it ,the power indicator will not be on. The laptop can't on again because the battery is down.

What's the model of your laptop?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bankalert:
I just got this pc, fairly used Hp probook 430 G3 at GSM village in Abuja today. The guy gave me a warranty period of 7 days sha. On getting home, so far all worked well except the battery charging port. The laptop charges abnormally very fast i.e from 0 to 99% in about 30 mins, then it stops there saying "2 minutes to fully charged", but that 2 minutes extends to hours... I am yet to see the 100% fully charged. I havent told the seller yet.

I have been trying to find a way out of it. I have reset the battery driver, trobleshooted it, and it is still the same. I am thinking the battery is just bad and a replacement will solve the problem. Could there be more to this problem i am yet to realised? Should i return the system? I actually do like the laptop. The laptop was bought for programming.The guy is credible in my opinion having observed the way he handled the transaction and the level of confidence he exuded about his products.

Someone who has gone through this situation should please proffer a solution for me or his or her opinion about it.

If you want to confirm if the battery is OK, watch movies on your laptop with it.

That windows battery percentage most time is not always correct, you will see 10mins to fully charge, if you refresh it you might see 2mins to fully charged.
To test how many hours it will last, use it to watch film.

Secondly, it might be the charger power rating doesn't really match that of the laptop.

Some hp laptop uses 19.5v while some make use of 18.5v.

So check the back of your laptop and battery to confirm it is the same.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bankalert(m): 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
udemzyudex:

If you want to confirm if the battery is OK, watch movies on your laptop with it.

That windows battery percentage most time is not always correct, you will see 10mins to fully charge, if you refresh it you might see 2mins to fully charged.
To test how many hours it will last, use it to watch film.

Secondly, it might be the charger power rating doesn't really match that of the laptop.

Some hp laptop uses 19.5v while some make use of 18.5v.

So check the back of your laptop and battery to confirm it is the same.
Thanks. I actually tried that. In the afternoon, the brightness was set at about 70 - 80 % at the place i bought it, so i observed the little power it had went down quickly. After charging to the 99% this evening, i stopped and played movies and music all through to see how the battery power will drop to zero. I reduced the display brightness to 5 %, for about two hours, while playing the videos. Then i increased it again to overall 10%. At 5-10%, the brightness is pretty good especially inside a room or enclosure compared to broad daylight or outside.

The battery lasted for about 3 hours 30 mins which i feel is not bad. But if the brightness had been increased to 30- 70% while playing the videos and music, it wont last an hour.

The laptop uses 19.5v (the wording was not too clear) for input, same with the charger output(19.5v).

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bankalert:
Thanks. I actually tried that. In the afternoon, the brightness was set at about 70 - 80 % at the place i bought it, so i observed the little power it had went down quickly. After charging to the 99% this evening, i stopped and played movies and music all through to see how the battery power will drop to zero. I reduced the display brightness to 5 %, for about two hours, while playing the videos. Then i increased it again to overall 10%. At 5-10%, the brightness is pretty good especially inside a room or enclosure compared to broad daylight or outside.

The battery lasted for about 3 hours 30 mins which i feel is not bad. But if the brightness had been increased to 30- 70% while playing the videos and music, it wont last an hour.

The laptop uses 19.5v (the wording was not too clear) for input, same with the charger output(19.5v).

Then it is fair enough right even on smartphones if you increase brightness it will consume more battery.

3hrs plus I believe is fair enough for a London used battery. Which means nothing is wrong with it, for the 99%, it might be a windows issue, probably if you reinstall the operating system again you will get your remaining 1% wink
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bankalert(m): 11:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
udemzyudex:

Then it is fair enough right even on smartphones if you increase brightness it will consume more battery.

3hrs plus I believe is fair enough for a London used battery. Which means nothing is wrong with it, for the 99%, it might be a windows issue, probably if you reinstall the operating system again you will get your remaining 1% wink
maybe a windows issue, maybe not. I always like to get to the root of the problem. I will give it a day or two for more observations, before i tell the seller about it. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by udemzyudex(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2020
Bankalert:
maybe a windows issue, maybe not. I always like to get to the root of the problem. I will give it a day or two for more observations, before i tell the seller about it. Thanks for your response.

The best thing is to inform the seller.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.