Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (407615 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Kenjoseph12: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2019
Used Lenovo Intel Quad Core-Lenovo G50-30- (4GB, 1TB HDD) 2.16GHz Processor, Bluetooth, Webcam,15.6 Inch, Windows 8.1 (64bit) Leicester
price : #40,000 .
Charger is intact ,
interested buyers please call or WhatsApp : ‭‬‭08118050111

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by CoolOg: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2019
Hello pls there is this laptop (Asus X554L) at home, it's been long we use. Tried using it and it had been showing shutting down for several minutes. I press down the power botton to shut it down and reboot again but still doing same thing. Pls what is wrong with. Thinking of taking it to Ikeja today if it's something i can't do.

Please Is there anything I can do to it myself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by abujamal: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2019
Computer gurus should help me out,
I was trying to install apps into my system on Window 10 through DVD ROM but the system did not even display anything. When i tested the DVD ROM with video cd it worked fine. Pls, what should i do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Holuwarthomisin(m): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2019
This process teaches you how to inspect the HTML source code of a visual element on any web page on Google Chrome, using a computer.
Steps
Open Google Chrome on your
computer. The Chrome icon
looks like a colored ball with a
blue dot at the center. You can find it in your Applications folder on a Mac, or on your start menu on Windows.
Click the three vertical dots
icon. This button is located next to the address bar in the upper- right corner of your browser window. It will open a drop-down menu.
Hover over More Tools on the
drop-down menu. A sub-menu will pop up.
Click Developer Tools on the
More Tools sub-menu. This will open the Inspector column on the right-hand side of your browser window. Alternatively, you can open
the Inspector with a keyboard
shortcut. This shortcut is ⌥
Option+⌘ Cmd+I on Mac, and
Ctrl+Alt+I on Windows.
Hover over an element on the
Inspector column. Moving your mouse to an element or a line in Inspector will highlight the selected element on the web page.
Right-click an element you
want to inspect on any web
page. Your right-click menu will pop up in a drop-down box.
Select Inspect on the drop-
down menu. This will scroll the Inspector column up or down to the selected element, and highlight its source code. You don't have to manually open the Inspector column to do this. Selecting Inspect on the right-click menu will automatically open the Inspector.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2019
Greatzeus:

Computer boy did you just asked him to copy an .iso file to a desktop or a flash drive shocked boss no fall my hand oh lol grin
First you cannot install Windows on a PC( hard drive) that also contains the installer( windows O.S .iso file) because during installation all files on the drive are erased. You can only install Windows from external sources eg DVD or USB.
Secondly,you can't copy your Windows.iso file to flashdrive and connect it to your PC so as to use it installing Windows because it is not bootable. You have to make the flash bootable by using third party software like Rufus to burn the .iso file to the flash drive .
Harryfrosh,copy the windows.iso file to your desktop ( For easy location) or anywhere on your PC
Download Rufus for PC
Open Rufus
Click on Select to add the file ( windows.iso file) to Rufus
Click start
Beep sound is made when done
Leave your now bootable flash connected to your PC
Restart your PC,while booting Press F12(Dell) or F9(Hp) continuously,to go to boot menu
When boot menu appears,select CD/ DVD/ USB
Your PC will now boot from your flash
Windows installation begins, follow on screen instructions to successful format your system and install new windows.

Is it that I did mine differently? I downloaded the iso file with Microsoft tool. I went to its download folder left clicked on it and selected "mount to E drive"( NB: my laptop does not have DVD writer) so the iso file turned to a disc automatically. I clicked on the disc file and installation began immediately from Windows 7 to windows 10 v1903. No problem so far after installing the necessary drivers and files remains intact.

I did everything on windows 7.
No BIOS, no USB, no DVD Just the iso file.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
Benjaniblinks:

Is it that I did mine differently? I downloaded the iso file with Microsoft tool. I went to its download folder left clicked on it and selected "mount to E drive"( NB: my laptop does not have DVD writer) so the iso file turned to a disc automatically. I clicked on the disc file and installation began immediately from Windows 7 to windows 10 v1903. No problem so far after installing the necessary drivers and files remains intact.

I did everything on windows 7.
No BIOS, no USB, no DVD Just the iso file.
You upgraded, that's why. Not a fresh installation.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Greatzeus:

You upgraded, that's why. Not a fresh installation.

Well......I can still choose to format c drive but I didn't.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by orobosa26(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
Good day house, I have a problem when even I share data to my laptop it consumes my data without even browsing with the laptop I have disabled background data usage still having d same issue please can someone tell me what to do?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by thesolutions(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
orobosa26:
Good day house, I have a problem when even I share data to my laptop it consumes my data without even browsing with the laptop I have disabled background data usage still having d same issue please can someone tell me what to do?
If you have Firebox browser, go to options, proxy settings and change it to automatic detection. Now, go to settings on your laptop, network and connectivity, proxy and activate manual configuration. Change the proxy to 127.0.0.1 and port to 8080. Remember to deactivate automatic detection if it is active.

You can now use only Firefox to browse.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by orobosa26(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
thesolutions:

If you have Firebox browser, go to options, proxy settings and change it to automatic detection. Now, go to settings on your laptop, network and connectivity, proxy and activate manual configuration. Change the proxy to 127.0.0.1 and port to 8080. Remember to deactivate automatic detection if it is active.

You can now use only Firefox to browse.
Still having d same issue even after following the steps u put it seems like something is updating without me knowing.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
orobosa26:

Still having d same issue even after following the steps u put it seems like something is updating without me knowing.
read back the thread... there are multiple solutions to the problem.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by 4ross: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
BOSSFILE TECH
OUR SERVICES ARE
*WE OFFER REPAIRING OF LAPTOP AND DESKTOP
*HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROBLEM
*NETWORKING OF THIN CLIENT FOR,CHURCH, SCHOOL, BETSHOP, CYBERCAFE AND MORE
WE ARE LOCATED AT 53 UGBOWO LAGOS ROAD OPPOSITE UBTH BENIN @ THE NAIRABET SHOP
CALL 09073054211 OR 09068950927

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ebenco7(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2019
Please, I just upgraded my Samsung laptop from win7 to win10 but I couldn't project with it. I have tried all means, I updated the drivers online, used driverpack solution both offline and online, no difference. I need help now it is really very urgent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by INCREDIBLEGUY: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2019
Hey please guys, i wanted to go for a brand new laptop, please, is it avisable to go for the above? or can anyone recommend for me, at 170k, i need it for gaming browsing , flashing of phone and other internet stuff, please i need reply as am new to computer, thanks

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by SmartTeck: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
Never Retype Text Again!!! Just Buy This Mouse.*

EZY Mouse scanner is a pioneering mouse with an integrated scanner function that offers simplicity, mobility and convenience. The EZY Scanner Mouse: scans, translates and performs OCR editing of scanned files as well as sending them as emails and SNS for your daily activities. The EZY scanner will transform scanning into as easier and convenient.

Technical Specifications
A scanner at your fingertips
Everything you want from a scanner – 400 dpi resolution, small and portable, fast and fluid, high scanning format – in a beautiful, handy and lightweight mouse!
Thanks to this all-in-one scanner and mouse, your scanner lies at your fingertips all day long! Just press the scan button, swipe in any direction on a paper document and watch text and images appear instantaneously on your computer screen.
When you’re not scanning, it works as a regular mouse. It looks, feels and performs exactly like the one you’re already using, and it is not heavier. The best of both worlds!
_

Never retype text again!
After scanning your document, simply drag and drop it into Word, Excel, Outlook or any text editing application. Your scans will be retyped instantly, ready to be edited!
Even better, your documents can also be saved as fully searchable PDF files, which can also be compressed with the provided PDF compressor!

BENEFITS
• Compact
• Small and portable
• Multifunctional
• It is a mouse,
• It can scan
• Scanned document can be edited
• Scanned document can be translated to 130 languages
• Ability to share scanned document instantly to social media sites
• Scanned document can be saved in Word, Excel, PDF, JPEG, etc
• It scans up to A3 paper

Call/WhatsApp : 08174493540
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Eleniyan15: 4:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Any direct link to download ms word online?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2019
Bypass apps and websites restrictions using Nord VPN. Nord VPN 1, 2 and 3yrs premium giveaway price promo is still on. So Call/Whatsapp 07032495483 now to get yours while offer last.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by CapedBaldy: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
I recently installed Windows 10 on some systems at work and now they can't install simple apps like vlc, tera copy, Microsoft office. how do I fix them? they have core2 duo processors 64 bit with 2gb ram
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by grudges: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
My system is windows 10 version 1511, I want to update it to version 1703, already have the disk, how can I update it without loosing my files.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dhortunn(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
I have windows 10 pro key for sale.
Very cheap.
For folks who have that "Activate Windows" message showing on their screen.

Please note WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

We are on Jumia too; bit. ly/ buywin10pro (remove space)
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by jboixxx: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
grudges:
My system is windows 10 version 1511, I want to update it to version 1703, already have the disk, how can I update it without loosing my files.
but there's 1903 or later na! Run the installer and select update you'll be asked if it's a clean installation or keep files during installation. Select keep files/apps.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by grudges: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
jboixxx:

but there's 1903 or later na! Run the installer and select update you'll be asked if it's a clean installation or keep files during installation. Select keep files/apps.
I dont have data for that.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Chukazu: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
Please sir. My HP mini 5102 is not charging, what could be the problem?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rossovu: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2019
orobosa26:
Turn on metered connection
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by benob(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2019
This comes up when i try to install app not from store

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
I charged my laptop to 100% three days ago. As I attempted to use the pc today, it refused to turn ON. I plugged it to a power source and I discovered that the battery was totally drained. After charging for some minutes, the laptop still refused to boot up.

I removed the battery and plugged the charger but the problem still persist. After several attempts using this method (without the battery) the laptop turned ON but this method doesn't work all the time as it seems tricky.
Please what could be wrong with my PC.

PS. Before now, I usually experience battery discharge (when switch off) and periodic touchpad unresponsiveness.

Product: Lenovo

Cc computerboy Androidking obago1
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2019
benob:
This comes up when i try to install app not from store
Switch to developer mode to install from any source.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
My laptop recently started showing 'Activate Windows' Watermark.
It came new with Windows 10 Home but was upgraded to Pro but been using for few months without any watermark

Gurus in the house, ur assistance is appreciated
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renewable1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2019
Macsjebs:
My laptop recently started showing 'Activate Windows' Watermark.
It came new with Windows 10 Home but was upgraded to Pro but been using for few months without any watermark

Gurus in the house, ur assistance is appreciated
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tomzee2(f): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
Pls I need your help. My system HP 6440b battery is giving a notification that battery 1 is not in used. Pls what could be done to resolve the problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.