Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA (62852 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Lady Who Sells Banana And Travels By Air (Photos) / BDC Operators Import Dollars From Ghana, Benin Rep, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
Embarrassing!

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by ruffcoin99(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by 400billionman: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
organicfoods:
See the fruits I saw at shoprite today in Ibadan. Dey swear for us? While water melon and bananas rot away in many farms in Nigeria... So sad.

Take a proposal for supply to them. They will crosscheck your capacity to meet their demand. It's simple
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by tellwisdom: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
missKiffy:
Can you imagine, when we have more than enough of it here in Nigeria, can't they patronise us here

I have too...can u come have it??..U will enjoy it sad
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by stasius: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
When I see them I do Eyeeeeeeeees Right!(piam) Then forwarrrrrd march! (Kpam).

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by breakeven: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
What is wrong with us.How can we allow this in the 21st century Nigeria? This is a disgrace to our leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by loomer: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
Caseless:
Are they mad?

Can't they come to d north?

Oga everything they sell mustn't be nigerian, even in some advanced countries some goods there are brought from other countries.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by 400billionman: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
Caseless:
Are they mad?

Can't they come to d north?

If you do not go to them, they won't come to you. That is how big businesses operate. Unless you are a monopoly supplier.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by 400billionman: 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
liberty300:
Good. shey they were rejoicing for shoprite? Great move to kill their local market

More suffering for local businesses especially provision stores and supermarkets. .

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by odinese(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its all good...
Very soon Nigeria will start importing water.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by seglord22(m): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
JAMANZE:
During Jonathan regime there was food security but now we are virtually importing everything we eat. food prices is so high and some people have started denying their promises of feeding our children and jobless youth for free. change indeed

I expect your level of IQ to have increase beyond the rat own you are using. Within the last 100 days now food prices din high for you and your family because you have refuse to stop seeing the cup half-full but rather you see it half-empty. Go and look for employment and stop blaming government even when your OGA no erect. Oponu

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Truckpusher(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Caseless:
I tire ooo. I hate to hear the name of those countries up there.
That's how they will grind the economy and blame the next President for our woes even when citizens are making the same mistakes.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by atlwireles: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Is that Banana? looks like plantain to me
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Donliv: 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Banana is wasting in some parts of South West like Osun and Ondo and they are importing them from other country. Shame to Nigeria Government. One day Nigeria will start importing oxygen so that she will breath.

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Adesiji77: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
laurel03:
Why I go buy water melon and banana from shoprite... When aboki never go on strike..

Abi now smiley

The main fruits that I buy there are apples.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by godoluwa(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
organicfoods:
See the fruits I saw at shoprite today in Ibadan. Dey swear for us? While water melon and bananas rot away in many farms in Nigeria... So sad.
dats y i dnt buy agric produce at shoprite. i cant just understand y shoprite decided to do such while we have more than enough. we need to say NO to all agric produce sold at SHOPRITE

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by world1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
My brother,
Thank God you also saw it this way most farmers and intending farmer will even buy from them.

I wrote about this issue here on nairalandforum exactly on the 13th of march this year some people even try to justified the action of Shoprite.

What happened to the local content we are pushing.

https://www.nairaland.com/2065789/shoprite-now-sells-imported-fruits

https://www.nairaland.com/2064150/please-right-picture

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
missKiffy:
Can you imagine, when we have more than enough of it here in Nigeria, can't they patronise us here

You can't be so sure...
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by OyinMIXmola(f): 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Mtchewww na wu wan go shoprite go buy fruits b4,we'll som ajebutter ppl dey do am oooo,na dem sabi buh as for me if I wan go shoprite na to go see a movie wif ma boo ni so Bleep dia fruits ova der
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Leyemoshood: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
a slap on our face

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by islandmoon: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
and custom allowed that?? Oh God of Marvelous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by organicfoods(m): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
400billionman:

Take a proposal for supply to them. They will crosscheck your capacity to meet their demand. It's simple
My next visit is to do business with them.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Captainswag225(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
nigerians were crying for change. Change don finally come. Make una enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by apholaryn: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
tellwisdom:
So they eat banana in ibadan?? sad
u lack wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
world1:
My brother,
Thank God you also saw it this way most farmers and intending farmer will even buy from them.

I wrote about this issue here on nairalandforum exactly on the 13th of march this year some people even try to justified the action of Shoprite.

What happened to the local content we are pushing.

https://www.nairaland.com/2065789/shoprite-now-sells-imported-fruits

https://www.nairaland.com/2064150/please-right-picture

If Shoprite can buy in Ghana, ship and then pay duty...and it's still more economically feasible for them.

That says a lot about your 'local content', doesn't it.

Or you suppose they love Ghanaians more than they do us?

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
Maybe na scarce specie..

Me no fit buy Banana and watermelon from shop rite na...when Abokis full my zone vewi Sheap

Don't be surprised it may be of the same price - or even lower - with that of the roadside Mallam you talked about.
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by mmsen: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
From someone familiar with Ghanaian produce, as much as I love Ghana Nigerian fruit is usually better quality so this is odd to see.

I wouldn't buy bananas from Shoprite when I know I can get better quality for less at the market.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
godoluwa:
dats y i dnt buy agric produce at shoprite. i cant just understand y shoprite decided to do such while we have more than enough. we need to say NO to all agric produce sold at SHOPRITE

They're in business to make profits, not necessarily to promote a local supplier.

They won't opt for it if it doesn't pay them.

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by tellwisdom: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
apholaryn:
u lack wisdom

Dem don slap u before?? angry
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by apholaryn: 11:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
tellwisdom:

Dem don slap u before?? angry
u wan die b dat
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by godoluwa(m): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jarus:

They're in business to make profits, not necessarily to promote a local supplier.

They won't opt for it if it doesn't pay them.
do you knw d negative effect of food preservative? making their own money while killing us
Re: Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA by tellwisdom: 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
apholaryn:
u wan die b dat

Oya, dey come lagos..angry...U don come lagos before??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island / Finally Gtbank Bans Use Of Their GT Mastercard On Paypal, Facebook, etc / Ibiza: Obi Cubana Shows The First Club He Built In 2006 (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.