Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs (15833 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nnaeb(m): 6:23am On Sep 03, 2015
I have done a piece on why job seekers hate marketing (selling) jobs on my blog and I got numerous views from my audience on Nairaland. I have met a lot of graduates who will accept any offer but not marketing (selling). You can visit my post on why job seekers hate marketing jobs, if you missed out on that. What I want to share today is different. I love marketing (selling) jobs and I will tell you why.
Yes, I love marketing (selling) jobs, but not all marketing jobs are meant for you. Before you can succeed as a marketer or sales agent, you must choose your poison correctly. I don’t know about you, but I can’t sell everything. I choose my products. I sell the things I love and that is why I succeed in it. Most people fail as a sales agent cos they want to sell everything. You want to sell pension. You want to sell banking services. You want to sell insurance. You want to sell real estate. You want to sell pharmaceutical products. You want to sell FMCGs. You want to sell Telecommunication. You want to sell cars. You want to sell food supplements. You have tried to sell everything. No, it doesn’t work like that for everybody. Look for a product you love, a product you know and a product you have the market for and sell it. You will love it. Below are the reasons why I love marketing as a job.

1. They are readily available: marketing jobs are readily available in the labour market. No company will say no to you if you walk up to them with an offer of helping them improve sales irrespective of your qualification. Bottom line is the only reason why companies are in business in the first place and anybody who can help in improving that is given an opportunity to do so. A company can never have excess of sales persons (marketers). The quickest way to end your job search is to step out tomorrow as a sales dude.

2. More Money: it’s only a marketing job that gives you a stake in the company you are working for. There is no limit to how much you can earn. All the biggest boys you know in the banking industry are bad sales dudes. Same applies to every other sectors.

3. Relationship: marketing jobs provides you with a platform of building a strong contact list. One mistake people make is that they think that marketing has been completed when you close a deal or make a sale. No. Even when somebody did not buy, establish a relationship. You might find the relationship handy someday.

4. Job Security: no matter how bad the economy is looking, business organizations do not retrench their sales dudes. Every other person might go, but not the guys who are pushing the company’s product. So your job security is guaranteed as a good marketer. You can never be an excess to requirement.

5. Flexibility: marketing jobs are very flexible. It affords you ample time to pursue other personal runs and interests. Its lot like the usual 9 to 6 jobs that keep you stereotyped. You can have other business interests, you can also further your education or find enough time for your loved ones.

6. Entrepreneurship: if you don’t like marketing, then this talk of being your own boss is not something you should consider cos you will not succeed. Marketing jobs builds your entrepreneurship abilities and experience. If you can successfully sell another person’s product, then you can perfectly sell yours.

Marketing jobs are the bomb. It all depends on what you are selling and how you are selling it. Most people make marketing look tedious the way they do it. It is not all about activity and being busy. It is not all about hitting a road or an area without a plan and start harassing people from one office to another. No. Marketing is not all about dissipating energy unnecessarily and getting stressed out. I will share my own personal ideas on how to get the best out of marketing here soon. Forget about what you were taught in school for now about selling. There are unconventional ways to make this happen.

http://jobtrends.com.ng/why-i-love-marketing-jobs/

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by samyale(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by eleko1: 6:34am On Sep 03, 2015
God bless U so much.U aren't far from the truth.Marketing is Fun.one of the reason y peep dislike Marketing is the target.I dnt see dis a big deal if U do ur home work accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by ryd3(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2015
Lovely write up. That's why marketers in banks rise faster than in operations

11 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by KillerBeauty(f): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2015
I love marketing jobs because it's readily available.
But you can also get high BP because of this target wahala.
U can sell ur life to the devil because of target wahala
And u can get sack in the blink of an eye because of the target wahala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Tonnniey: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by MadCow1: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
And when things get hard, you can easily turn into prostitution as your marketing skills will help you market yourself easily..

Thanks but I will rather be a vulcaniser than a marketer.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
Ori irin lere wa undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by bettercreature(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
The OP must be a very handsome man

1 Like

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by DahtzFestjayz: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
MadCow1 in the building *screams, faints* Where have you where?. N.D.A.--- Nairaland Derailers Association
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Hysmady(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
Like ur intellects OP...Keep up
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Osisie(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2015
undecided
BULL.........................SHIT.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by bsaying(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2015
@OP

You nailed it . Although , many people complain about the target ish , but the truth is that without the set target given to marketers these companies will not survive on the long run because of an average Nigerian sense of entitlement . Many of our folks want to earn fat pays without given equal and proportional service to the company to justify the pay they earn or wishes to earn .

As the saying goes " the true character of a person is not quantified based on what he does when people are watching him , instead it's what he does when no one watches over his action " . As an employee , the best thing you can do for yourself and your employer is to assume that the company you work for is yours ,thereby putting in maximum efforts to see to the growth of the company in all ramifications . I have never seen a diligent and productive worker that goes unnoticed and unappreciated in any sane organization .

10 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Kalvan: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok.

I smell dirty Yigbos.
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by praisekeyz(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2015
U didn't add "if u yellow before, u go black pass kiwi"

2 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by mostHandsome01: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2015
hmmm
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by fpeter(f): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2015
i hate marketing jobs

4 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by CUM4WHAT(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2015
J
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Richie0974: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok op... Now we know you love them
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by wristbangle: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2015
OP, most sales person also end up as organization CEO.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by ednut1(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2015
we hate it cos most coys eg insurance coys hv abused it jare. they wud giv their children d office jobs gv outsiders. naso i go one investment banking firm late 2013. 30m tbills nd bonds montly target. commission based max was 50k. like wtf is dat

3 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Ayomi088(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2015
Ehen
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by DahtzFestjayz: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2015
ITSaWRAP:
It's a great job (hated it at first until I kick kicked off my own company) and the expiereience experience sperm span across all works/walks.

To even woo a lady successfully is a from form of marketing

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
Bros! Gentle with your grammer nah.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Marketing jobs are good for well-endowed females only.This is because she cannot only market her employer's products. She can also market her endowment. The latter is what drive sales.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Vstuffs(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by jericco1(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by lastmessenger: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2015
until you are knocked down by a truck on your way to get customers. then you will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by Acidosis(m): 9:58am On Sep 03, 2015
Bros you're not a marketer, just a seller.

Marketing and Sales are two different terms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs by airsaylongcon: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2015
Kartun:
JOB VACANCY : FEMALE EXECUTIVE MARKETERS ARE NEEDED

This is one reason people hate marketing jobs. Why on earth will a job be restricted to "Females". In an IT company for that matter. Its glaring that they wanna use sex to move the ministry to the permanent site. Prostitution in disguise.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident / Free Cybersecurity Course Worth N240,000 offered by ICSI UK / Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.