Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,064 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:16 AM

How To Add Google Adsense Codes On Your Blog/website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Add Google Adsense Codes On Your Blog/website (944 Views)

Adding Adsense Codes To Blogger: Help! / Problem Pasting Adsense Codes / Who Can Help Me Add Adsense Codes To My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Google Adsense Codes On Your Blog/website by macho44(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2015
For most Bloggers, having google adsense codes implemented on their websites is the eldorado of their blogging achievements, it signals their full entry into blogging and an awesome way to monetize their works,For quite sometime now Google AdSense has been a prefered choice for website monetization.

For most bloggers or website owners, applying for the Google adsense program is not the issue, Implementing the adsense codes is the hardest part, most wordpress bloggers/ website owners find it extremely difficult to do this

However, In recent years you will find mixed reviews on whether it’s worth it or not but I’ve found the best way to find out, it’s simply to do it yourself.

To try it yourself, you will obviously need to add an advert onto your website, so this article is going to guide you through the process of adding Google AdSense to the sidebar of your WordPress website.

Note: This will only work for self hosted WordPress sites, not .
1 – Register with Google AdSense

As with any Google service, you have to sign up for it before you can use it.

You can either log in with your existing Google account, or register a new one directly on the Adsense Website.

If you can’t log in with an existing Google account, it could because that account is a Google Apps email address. Try registering a new account with an @gmail.com email address
2 – Agree to their terms and policies

The policies are pretty straight forward. They consist of rules such as:

You must not trick people into clicking the ads
You must not click the ads yourself
You must have a Privacy Policy Page
Do not edit the code they provide you
Do not display the ad within a popup

3 – Build your advert

Once you are set up and activated on Google AdSense, you will be able to build the advert for your website.

To do this, log into AdSense, click ‘My ads’ then ‘+ New ad unit’.

This is the page where you can select the type of advert you wish to create, be it a banner ad for the top of your page, or a sidebar ad.

As we are building a sidebar advert, select the ‘300 x 250 – Medium Rectangle’ ad.

Feel free to play around with the remainder of the settings.

Once you are finished click ‘Save and get code’.
4 – Add the code to your website

The ‘Save and get code’ above should have opened a popup that contains the code for your advert.

Adding this to your sidebar is pretty simple:

Go to Appearance > Widgets
Click and drag a ‘Text widget’ into your sidebar
Paste the AdSense code into the widget
Click Save

That’s it! You should now have a Google AdSense ad running within the sidebar of your website.

Note: If you have an ad blocker enabled you won’t be able to see the ad! – easy to forget.

Remember, if your AdSense adverts aren’t bringing in any revenue, then remove them and explore other avenues.
Source:www.adielem.com
Re: How To Add Google Adsense Codes On Your Blog/website by pickr: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2016
Re: How To Add Google Adsense Codes On Your Blog/website by pickr: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2016
Google approve my account after 24 hours. I applied via my blog and it was approved instantly, so if you're still sucked on "Can't Click Sign Up for AdSense in My Blogger blog" or your blog doesn't currently qualify for adsense...? Then I recommend you read this:http://www.myhowtoblogtips.com/2015/04/fix-cant-click-sign-up-for-adsense-in-my-blogger-blog.html
It helped me and I believe it will help you too cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

... / Where Can I Buy Website Traffic? / Top 5 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Earning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.