Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,963 members, 7,803,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com (9462 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / Fellow Mini Importers-what Do You think about Mallforafrica.com Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2015
Nairalandeez...For those who would like to know how the system works with MallForAfrica. Here's my own first time experience with them.

Here, i'll be posting a REAL-TIME update from Zero to a hundred....

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2015
On 31st August 2015 at about 10:01AM...I was snooping into dorothyperkins' stuff smiley (Yes, on www.dorothyperkins.com)

Saw some real nice stuff for my lady and decided to sign up with MallForAfrica so i could buy the items through them. Moreso, I needed to see how this works with this Green guys with massive billboard advert everywhere. Downloaded their Mac App on App Store cool

Same day, 31st August 2015 at about 11:09AM. I placed my order of $51.87 and was invoiced as below. Luckily for me, the $1 promo was still on grin grin grin

Actual Product Prices;

Petite Boxy Shirt $10.92
Tall Midwash Jeggings $23.40
Cobalt pumps $17.55
Sub Total: $51.87

Shipping (Lagos Pickup) $ 3.00
Convenience Fee $ 5.19
Debit Card Usage Fee $ 0.95 (Paid with my debit card)
Grand Total: $64.12

As e dey go....I was debited in Naira N14,811.72 at the rate of N231 to $1

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Same 31st August 2015 at 11:22AM I received a message from the Green Team (MallForAfrica) titled

An order status changed to Processing at MallForAfrica for Order #:UKMFA*****

Message Reads:

Hello,

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for shopping with MallForAfrica. Your order has been processed from your selected online store. You will be contacted via email once your items are being shipped out of our USA warehouse. We appreciate your business and thank you for your loyalty. Sincerely, MallForAfrica Customer Service.

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2015
Today September 3 2015.

Email jumped in....guess who? It's The Green Team (MallForAfrica)

This time with title;

Your Order UKMFA***** Purchase Update

Message Reads:

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to inform you that the status of your order has changed to 'Awaiting items from Merchant'. We are currently waiting for the merchant to ship the items to our warehouse. Once your items are received we will be sending you an updated status stating your items have been shipped out of our US or UK warehouse. We hope to get your items in soon and will keep you up to date on the progress of your order.
Thank you for choosing MallForAfrica.

Sincerely,
MallForAfrica

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by einsteino(m): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Well what am looking for is a firm that can receive items on my behalf and ship it from u.k to nigeria, i handle my purchases myself. Can you recommend any?
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
einsteino:
Well what am looking for is a firm that can receive items on my behalf and ship it from u.k to nigeria, i handle my purchases myself. Can you recommend any?

Shoptomydoor.com does that...so does impexworldwide.com.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by einsteino(m): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrOrioye:

thanks alot, i will check them out.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
****Update****

September 4, 2015 1723 hours. eMail pops in....

An order status changed to Shipping out of UK at MallforAfrica for Order #:UKMFA*****

Hello,

Dear Valued Customer, Your order has been shipped out of our UK Warehouse. Please expect your item(s) soon. Sincerely, MallforAfrica

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2015
****Update****

September 11, 2015 10:43AM. Tex Message from MallForAfrica reads;

"Dear Valued Customer, Your item(s) are ready for Pickup at Suite 111, OPIC Plaza, M.Bank Anthony way Beside Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja..."

So did email...

"Hello,

Dear Valued Customer, Your item(s) are ready for Pickup at Lagos Pick Mall Boxes Ikeja Suite 111, OPIC Plaza, Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Beside Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja,Lagos,Nigeria Phone : 07014623911 or 08095667723 Please bring along your government issued ID card so we can have your item(s) ready for you. We value your patronage and look forward to seeing you. Sincerely, MallforAfrica"

In summary, it took;

3 days for them to place my order
5 days to get it to Nigeria

Which i think is good enough.....your opinion.

Heading there now to retrieve my package.....Hippy grin

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by Activityj(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Have you gotten it?
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by lexylexy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
MrOrioye:
****Update****

September 11, 2015 10:43AM. Tex Message from MallForAfrica reads;

"Dear Valued Customer, Your item(s) are ready for Pickup at Suite 111, OPIC Plaza, M.Bank Anthony way Beside Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja..."

So did email...

"Hello,

Dear Valued Customer, Your item(s) are ready for Pickup at Lagos Pick Mall Boxes Ikeja Suite 111, OPIC Plaza, Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Beside Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja,Lagos,Nigeria Phone : 07014623911 or 08095667723 Please bring along your government issued ID card so we can have your item(s) ready for you. We value your patronage and look forward to seeing you. Sincerely, MallforAfrica"

In summary, it took;

3 days for them to place my order
5 days to get it to Nigeria

Which i think is good enough.....your opinion.

Heading there now to retrieve my package.....Hippy grin

Hw far
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by einsteino(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
MrOrioye:

do they charge import duties? i mean aside freight fees
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by valarinz: 7:01am On Sep 15, 2015
Something makes me feel you actually work for MallForAfrica and this is nothing but a disguised advert to win people over. Notice the glaring discrepancy on the location of the goods where your warehouse will be received then sent to Nigeria(is it US or UK or both), or are your efficient company also confused.?

MrOrioye:
Same 31st August 2015 at 11:22AM I received a message from the Green Team (MallForAfrica) titled

An order status changed to Processing at MallForAfrica for Order #:UKMFA*****

Message Reads:

Hello,

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for shopping with MallForAfrica. Your order has been processed from your selected online store. You will be contacted via email[b] once your items are being shipped out of our USA warehouse[/font][/b]. We appreciate your business and thank you for your loyalty. Sincerely, MallForAfrica Customer Service.

MrOrioye:
****Update****
September 4, 2015 1723 hours. eMail pops in....
An order status changed to Shipping out of UK at MallforAfrica for Order #:UKMFA*****
Hello,
Dear Valued Customer, Your order has been shipped out of our UK Warehouse[/font]. Please expect your item(s) soon. Sincerely, MallforAfrica

Next time, proof read your advert properly. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by Caleb5: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2015
......! I also got my item last week from them and it took about 7 days, can't really remember!..... The op is right, infact mallforafrica is the cheapest and easiest to me!.....
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2015
Activityj:
Have you gotten it?

Yes...Got it 50mins after posting that last update.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 9:36am On Sep 15, 2015
lexylexy:

Hw far

Got my package same. cheesy
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 9:37am On Sep 15, 2015
einsteino:

do they charge import duties? i mean aside freight fees

I think they all charge import duties. 10% of item value in most cases.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2015
valarinz:
Something makes me feel you actually work for MallForAfrica and this is nothing but a disguised advert to win people over. Notice the glaring discrepancy on the location of the goods where your warehouse will be received then sent to Nigeria(is it US or UK or both), or are your efficient company also confused.?

Next time, proof read your advert properly. Thanks

Like seriously! Something makes you feel that i work for MallForAfrica? Well that "thing" is called a deceptive spirit. It may be responsible for most of the opportunities you have lost in the past...Brother-Man you need to check it. Why do you have to think that way man? Do i have to work for them to show people like me who wanted to give it a try?

Sorry man. These posts weren't for you. They're for people who just wanna know how it works with this particular company amongst many others. Not people who are looking for mistakes or reasons to doubt the genuineness of the process. Before finally using MallForAfrica, i asked so many questions both here and on other forums. I was curious to know before i tried but no information or testimony from anyone. Thats why companies don't grow here. People don't give feedbacks. And when they do, others think they are sponsored. WTF??

Well I just placed an order on eBay to be shipped to my shoptomydoor address in China and i'll open another thread for this same purpose. Maybe then you'll say "I think you're an ambassador of Shoptomydoor grin"?

And FYI, it was a typo from the original message itself as shown in screenshot attached here. And i'm glad you used the word efficient, i think they are; irrespective of their typo.

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by valarinz: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
MrOrioye:

Like seriously! Something makes you feel that i work for MallForAfrica? Well that "thing" is called a deceptive spirit. It may be responsible for most of the opportunities you have lost in the past...Brother-Man you need to check it. Why do you have to think that way man? Do i have to work for them to show people like me who wanted to give it a try?

Sorry man. These posts weren't for you. They're for people who just wanna know how it works with this particular company amongst many others. Not people who are looking for mistakes or reasons to doubt the genuineness of the process. Before finally using MallForAfrica, i asked so many questions both here and on other forums. I was curious to know before i tried but no information or testimony from anyone. Thats why companies don't grow here. People don't give feedbacks. And when they do, others think they are sponsored. WTF??

Well I just placed an order on eBay to be shipped to my shoptomydoor address in China and i'll open another thread for this same purpose. Maybe then you'll say "I think you're an ambassador of Shoptomydoor grin"?

And FYI, it was a typo from the original message itself as shown in screenshot attached here. And i'm glad you used the word efficient, i think they are; irrespective of their typo.

Na waa o, you made a mistake and I pointed it out, even without personal insults or calling you a scam or failure. All you had to do is reply me based on the topic and clarify with better facts, not to resort to calling me names or assuming I've missed a lot of opportunities in life. No need for that man

4 Likes

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by MrOrioye(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
valarinz:

Na waa o, you made a mistake and I pointed it out, even without personal insults or calling you a scam or failure. All you had to do is reply me based on the topic and clarify with better facts, not to resort to calling me names or assuming I've missed a lot of opportunities in life. No need for that man

Apologies man. That was so wrong of me cool
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by msb247(m): 10:58pm On May 24, 2017
My current ordeal:

It all started when I found a laptop on Amazon.com and decided to use MallforAfrica. Since it was above 30cm, I made a custom request and sent them the link. I noticed that the quote I was sent was for the one sold directly by Amazon & not that of the merchant the link points to which was cheaper by over $70 than that of Amazon. I didn't bother and assumed that delivery may be faster and may be it's due to partnership with Amazon or experience with merchants.

After placing an order through webcard, status changed to 'Awaiting items' from merchant after 2 days of 'processing' the payment I made on 10th May 2017.

Now I'm getting more skeptical and apprehensive by the day cos only God knows where my laptop is and whether it'll get to me in one piece or if it's the actual one I ordered for. I'm already having bad feelings about the whole transaction, my very first with MFA.

I didn't contact them all this while just to see how they operate but when I began to get worried and thought of calling or emailing, they notified me via email (after about 2 weeks of waiting) that investigation is ongoing into the delay on why the merchant hasn't sent the laptop to them and promised to keep me posted.

The next day, they emailed again and later called notifying me of the merchant's unexpected inventory issue but the same laptop from another merchant is now en route to their warehouse and item should arrive on or before 2nd of June. I'm not sure whether this date is for arrival at their warehouse or Abuja office. I don't even know if there's a price difference now.

Status is now 'Other' as I write this.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by msb247(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
Spoke with them yesterday and the expected delivery is now June 23rd. I suspect that they cancelled that one and made a fresh order but are hiding this from me. I could see that the order date now changed to June 4. I am tired of all these! A month now and I may still have to wait for another month. Apparently, the 10-15 business days claim is a hoax cry
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by twinkletoes02: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Try Shop The World Group, their delivery is reliable, you get your orders intact, and adequate update on the order. Shop The World offers affordable and reliable shipping to Nigeria. mail at info@shoptheworldgroup.com, www.shoptheworldgroup.com
msb247:
My current ordeal:

It all started when I found a laptop on Amazon.com and decided to use MallforAfrica. Since it was above 30cm, I made a custom request and sent them the link. I noticed that the quote I was sent was for the one sold directly by Amazon & not that of the merchant the link points to which was cheaper by over $70 than that of Amazon. I didn't bother and assumed that delivery may be faster and may be it's due to partnership with Amazon or experience with merchants.

After placing an order through webcard, status changed to 'Awaiting items' from merchant after 2 days of 'processing' the payment I made on 10th May 2017.

Now I'm getting more skeptical and apprehensive by the day cos only God knows where my laptop is and whether it'll get to me in one piece or if it's the actual one I ordered for. I'm already having bad feelings about the whole transaction, my very first with MFA.

I didn't contact them all this while just to see how they operate but when I began to get worried and thought of calling or emailing, they notified me via email (after about 2 weeks of waiting) that investigation is ongoing into the delay on why the merchant hasn't sent the laptop to them and promised to keep me posted.

The next day, they emailed again and later called notifying me of the merchant's unexpected inventory issue but the same laptop from another merchant is now en route to their warehouse and item should arrive on or before 2nd of June. I'm not sure whether this date is for arrival at their warehouse or Abuja office. I don't even know if there's a price difference now.

Status is now 'Other' as I write this.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by nenergy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
msb247:
Spoke with them yesterday and the expected delivery is now June 23rd. I suspect that they cancelled that one and made a fresh order but are hiding this from me. I could see that the order date now changed to June 4. I am tired of all these! A month now and I may still have to wait for another month. Apparently, the 10-15 business days claim is a hoax cry
Following! Updates please.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by joystickextendr: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2017
msb247:

Any update?
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by Chydobe: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Have ever taught of how to purchase items directly from US and UK online stores and get it delivered locally precisely Africa? The first question is, "can this be achievable?". First and foremost the answer is Yes!!! It is 100%possible. However there is a convenient, safe, and fast way to purchase items directly from US and UK online stores and receive them in Africa. You don't need to travel abroad for shopping. With the high cost of international round-ticket, you could save and buy more items from your home. Install Mallforafrica browser or mobile app...

Click on the link below for more information

http://www.newzified.com/purchase-items-directly-from-us-and-uk-in-africa-download-mailforafrica-app-www-mallforafrica-com/
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by msb247(m): 2:14am On Dec 26, 2017
twinkletoes02:
Try Shop The World Group, their delivery is reliable, you get your orders intact, and adequate update on the order. Shop The World offers affordable and reliable shipping to Nigeria. mail at info@shoptheworldgroup.com, www.shoptheworldgroup.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by msb247(m): 2:16am On Dec 26, 2017
nenergy:

Following! Updates please.

I finally got it on the 6th of July 2017. Apologies for the silence, I was too excited to return to this thread. In fact I made it to their office within 20 minutes of receiving the email that pickup is ready.

1 Like

Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by msb247(m): 2:20am On Dec 26, 2017
joystickextendr:

Any update?

Yes oo! I finally got it on the 6th of July 2017.
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by nenergy(m): 2:38am On Dec 26, 2017
msb247:

I finally got it on the 6th of July 2017. Apologies for the silence, I was too excited to return to this thread. In fact I made it to their office within 20 minutes of receiving the email that pickup is ready.
Congrats! So how likely are you to shop through them again? grin
Re: Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com by joystickextendr: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
msb247:

Yes oo! I finally got it on the 6th of July 2017.

good

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need To Start A BET9JA Business / Fire Guts Market In Nnewi / My Solar Set Up Journey After A Year. Very Cool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.