Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,186 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:20 AM

Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol (16136 Views)

IPOB Members Searching Buses For Hausas To Kill In Aba (Video) / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Buhari To Launch Helicopters In Lagos For Police Patrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by aproko247: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2015
The Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, has directed all police commands and formations to stop the use of commercial vehicles for operations and patrol duties.

This is contained in a statement issued by the Force’s Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Kolawole, acting Assistant Commissioner of Police, in Abuja on Thursday.

The statement said that the directive had been circulated to all police formations and commands across the country.

It explained that the IGP’s decision was not unconnected with regular complaints by members of the public.

It added that there were enormous negative consequences associated with such practices by the police.

The statement warned that abuse of the directive by any police unit would attract severe sanctions.

http://www.punchng.com/news/igp-bans-use-of-commercial-vehicles-for-patrol/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by mrpackager(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
cool

wow!!!

This Arase is really making sense cool

good moves by him ,coz its somehow stupid to a see policemen of a nation patrolling with a "DANFO"

BTW FTC wink its been a while #lolz

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by toltee4real: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Good..............but dem go hear
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by nzgal: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2015
After the ban, next news "he provides adequate bikes and patol cars for them". Then we will applaud!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by kossyablaze(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by themilanway(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Long over due,but hey,I will be surprised if they adhere to this order.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by osaslord500(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2015
After some people go just dey busy hating on Buhari

God dey

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by jaykaylegend(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nigeria will be great again
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by otijah(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Make u no go later unban am like buhari did to our milltary check points
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by val15: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
k
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by komek(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good job from the IG. Who will implement it, thesame police?

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Do2dtun(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well said
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hope say patrol cars dey Available
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gradually, Arase is becoming the best IGP the Nigerian police force has ever had. His directives and policies are very apt, timely and commendable.

A lot still needs to be done though.....

1. The IGP should ban police officers from wearing plain clothes for official duties. I almost took to my heels one certain time when I encountered two policemen in plain cloth (babanriga) walking towards my direction. I mistook them for Boko Haram militants.

2. It's about time to withdraw the AK47 rifles from police officers and replace them with automatic pistols (as seen in most developed countries). AK47 is an assault rifle and should not carried around just anyhow, they should be reserved for a special team like SWAT or anti-terrorism squad. No wonder we always hear of accidental discharge.

3. Make it a compulsion for officers to always look smart, fit and neat. Conduct a routine drilling exercise to ascertain the fitness level of officers per time and disengage those found unfit. I'm tired of seeing lazy pot-bellied officers adorned in over-sized uniforms and can't chase a common burglar.

4. Establish a forensic unit in all police commands, purchase mordern forensic equipments and employ anatomists, biochemists, microbiologists, criminologists, forensic scientists and others who will be dedicated to solving delicate criminal puzzles related to forgery, murder, rape, robbery etc.

5. Install CCTVs at all police stations and set up a control room in each command to monitor the activities of each station.

6. The FG should set up state policing as that is the only way community policing can be effective and erring officers easily traceable & punishable. I can't wait to hear names like Oyo State Police Department, Kaduna State Police department and Enugu State police department.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by sandrajazmin(f): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Kk
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by MrPeterson(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good move , @ least me can differentiate police men from arm robber

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by menix(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hmm... d worst part of it is d risk associated with the civilian driver whose bus was hijacked..

I jst hope dey have got enough patrol van thou the commercial buses gave them cover frm being easily identified by these criminals.

Let's keep our fingers crox'd afterall IGP directive to police is like pastor asking members not to come late to service.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by obinnajr(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
HOW WILL IT HELP TO CAPTURE BOKO BOYS?............... NONSENSE
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by debbie(f): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
ok
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by mmafhew(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
All dis 20 20 naira police no go hear
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by IYANGBALI: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
oga na wetin we go come dey use now abi you no wan make we dey bring returns again?man must wack o
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by powerfulsettingz: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice one bur can they use black Maria Instead?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by lonelydora: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good one. All these "I no follow, 5k" policemen that raids viewing centres on Saturdays, I hope una Don hear am.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by tolexy007(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
grin
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by IYANGBALI: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Anyss:
Hope say patrol cars dey Available
for where?

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by kennyman2000(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
All these bans no dey work jooor... Just coming from somewhere now and saw more than 5 police checkpoints.. Shey na police check points wey him banned be that..
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by CallPolice: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Police people dey hear word. especially all those hungry ones
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by sexaddict08(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
thank God.
that's how they arrested me n my smally in Kaduna, before I could say anything they started bringing out allegations. we were just seating down o, close to one factory n jisting. Police say we're criminals, later they say I'm a rapist that the girl is too small.
all they want is money ooo, every time I beg na slap I dey chop. b4 I know I don chop reach 8 slaps in the hand of criminals called police.
I heard to call my friend n free them N4000 for me n my girl not to spend night at Kakuri Police station.
God go punish those Nigerian police ooo

4 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Richie0974: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hmm... Good
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by seankay(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
I hope they strictly adhere to the ban. Arase making sense since May
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by phransix147(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
This IGP truly knows his men and their criminal ways... Kudos Oga Solo!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by demolinka(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Body language...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Photo Of Jubrin El Sudan Before Complete Cloning Operation. / Herdsmen: FG Lied, Ogun Refugees Still In Benin Republic, Says Red Cross / Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.